Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? 13:19 - Mar 20 with 3757 viewsJackSted

On one hand if Sheff Wed win then it eases the pressure of Barnsley on us, but then confirms that there'll be 2, maybe 3, clubs fighting for 2nd place. But if Barnsley win or draw, then it drags Sheff Wed into the promotion chase and potentially there'll be 4 teams fighting for both promotion places

ooooo I can't handle the pressure

I have a feeling Plymouth will only at best draw against Accy. Their away form has been awful since Jan

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 13:23 - Mar 20 with 2831 viewsStenvict

Obviously it would be better for it to be 2 from 4 rather than 1 from 3, but I can't see Wednesday dropping too many more points, so would prefer they beat Barnsley tomorrow to halt their unbeaten run.

Poll: What will be announced first?

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 13:25 - Mar 20 with 2798 viewsBiGDonnie

Barnsley to beat Wednesday and Plymouth to draw with Accrington.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 13:26 - Mar 20 with 2785 viewsBseaBlue

Initially, I was looking at the table licking my lips at a Barnsley victory but Wednesday still only have to win their next game in hand to be 6 points clear of us, which is huge at this stage of the season.

Having thought about it, I agree with J2's view in another thread. Barnsley losing takes the sting out of them and decreases the pressure on the battle for second place. Wednesday will have enough quality to manage out the season IMO, regardless of the result tomorrow.
What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 13:29 - Mar 20 with 2757 viewsHerbivore

Would like a draw between Wednesday and Barnsley. Keeps Wednesday still in reach and keeps Barnsley at bay.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sadly Plymouth will take 3 points at Accrington... on 13:39 - Mar 20 with 2649 viewsunstableblue

.. Stanley are in very poor form, and are on a path to relegation. MK loss will have knocked them.

Some away form will give Argyle some confidence, ahead of another easy one after the pizza cup in Morecambe away.

For me our hope with Plymouth is Exeter and Shrews away and Bristol Rovers at home. Just ahead of our away trip to Barnsley, where hopefully things will be in our own hands. But will remarkable to have taken 6 points from Derby and Posh.

We need 20 points... we can have a couple of slip-ups along the way. Plymouth will have a stumble as stated.

Do hope I'm wrong about Accrington, and the one thinkg to cling on is that they are fighting for their survival and need at least a point from tomorrow

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 13:41 - Mar 20 with 2631 viewsLankHenners

A Wednesday win allows us a loss somewhere and still keep Barnsley behind us but to get into 2nd and stay there we'll need to do enough to keep them behind us anyway so maybe it won't make too much of a difference if we do what we need to do. Would make it a more exciting finish if there's a genuine 4 into 2 scenario for the rest of the season I suppose.

Plymouth have struggled away recently when good teams take the game away from them by exploiting the open nature of their play, can't see Accrington being able to do the same unfortunately. The Accrington of the last few seasons I'd be relatively optimistic about keeping them to a scrappy draw but they're too much of a soft touch this time around and can't see Plymouth not getting the job done.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 13:42 - Mar 20 with 2603 viewsIllinoisblue

Not too fussed what happens in Yorkshire but even a point for Accy would be massive.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 13:43 - Mar 20 with 2581 viewsRadlett_blue

Barnsley's late winner at Wycombe on Saturday was a blow as that was somewhere I thought they'd drop points. Tuesday night is massive for both teams & they're both bang in form. If Barnsley lose it would be helpful if they then lost form as our meeting with them could become less important to them. However, if Wednesday lose, we will feel we have a chance of catching them, although their run in looks comfortable & they're great at grinding out results. The positive is that at least one of them will drop points! Our fixtures are a bit tougher, but we're in such good form right now. Let's hope we don;t lose it during the break. Wonder if the players will be given some time off or if we'll do some warm weather training.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 13:50 - Mar 20 with 2511 viewsPinewoodblue

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 13:43 - Mar 20 by Radlett_blue

Barnsley's late winner at Wycombe on Saturday was a blow as that was somewhere I thought they'd drop points. Tuesday night is massive for both teams & they're both bang in form. If Barnsley lose it would be helpful if they then lost form as our meeting with them could become less important to them. However, if Wednesday lose, we will feel we have a chance of catching them, although their run in looks comfortable & they're great at grinding out results. The positive is that at least one of them will drop points! Our fixtures are a bit tougher, but we're in such good form right now. Let's hope we don;t lose it during the break. Wonder if the players will be given some time off or if we'll do some warm weather training.

If, as some rumours have suggested, Josh Windass is likely to miss a few games* then it may not be easy for Sheffield Wednesday.

* substituted on Friday with ankle injury and seen later wearing a supportive boot.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 13:58 - Mar 20 with 2429 viewsIllinoisblue

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 13:50 - Mar 20 by Pinewoodblue

If, as some rumours have suggested, Josh Windass is likely to miss a few games* then it may not be easy for Sheffield Wednesday.

* substituted on Friday with ankle injury and seen later wearing a supportive boot.

Losing Bannan for a few games and then losing McGuiness didn’t bother them at all. Here’s hoping this one makes a difference

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 14:00 - Mar 20 with 2411 viewsclive_baker

I think a draw at Oakwell would be a good result, keep Sheffield Weds only 4 points above but knock Barnsley back a little.

Obvious one is to hope Accrington beat Plymouth.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 14:20 - Mar 20 with 2309 viewsHerbivore

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 14:00 - Mar 20 by clive_baker

I think a draw at Oakwell would be a good result, keep Sheffield Weds only 4 points above but knock Barnsley back a little.

Obvious one is to hope Accrington beat Plymouth.

I feel like Accrington owe us a sodding favour.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 14:28 - Mar 20 with 2228 viewswrightsrightglove

Would prefer it if Wednesday absolutely spank Barnsley. I think Wednesday are gone and won’t be caught by anyone, let them run away with the league and knock Barnsley’s confidence while doing it I say!
What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 14:39 - Mar 20 with 2159 viewsportmanking

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 14:20 - Mar 20 by Herbivore

I feel like Accrington owe us a sodding favour.

Here here, we've basically paid for their fecking ground developments in recent years. The least we can ask for is three points for them on Tues!
What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 14:40 - Mar 20 with 2150 viewsMetal_Hacker

Wednesday are gone so can't be any other than an Accy and Wednesday win

I'd be more than happy with that !!!

Poll: If it were one or the other

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 14:46 - Mar 20 with 2093 viewsN2_Blue

Barnsley are winning and we are winning the league.

Have always said we can win the league if we hit a run of form, granted the form of the other teams has been pretty exceptional but i still think we can do it. All teams are going to drop points between now and the end of the season. It's inevitable, it always happens

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 14:46 - Mar 20 with 2086 viewstractordownsouth

A Wednesday win would be best as we're unlikely to catch them anyway, I reckon it will be a draw though.

Can't see Accrington getting anything unfortunately, they're very poor.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 14:49 - Mar 20 with 2057 viewsBigCommon

Barnsley win and Plymouth held to a draw would be my favourite outcome..
What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 14:50 - Mar 20 with 2055 viewsfarkenhell

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 13:29 - Mar 20 by Herbivore

Would like a draw between Wednesday and Barnsley. Keeps Wednesday still in reach and keeps Barnsley at bay.

This. A draw is a win-win!
What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 14:52 - Mar 20 with 2037 viewsdirtyboy

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 14:40 - Mar 20 by Metal_Hacker

Wednesday are gone so can't be any other than an Accy and Wednesday win

I'd be more than happy with that !!!

We were not 'gone' at one point in the season?

They still have 10+ games. Nothing to say they couldn't be unlucky and draw 3 or 4 of them like we did.

Unlikely of course!

All to play for.

I'll take a draw from Barnsley & SW, but I think a win for Barnsley more likely to drag SW into a scrap and open up two places to fight for.
What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 14:56 - Mar 20 with 1996 viewsMetal_Hacker

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 14:52 - Mar 20 by dirtyboy

We were not 'gone' at one point in the season?

They still have 10+ games. Nothing to say they couldn't be unlucky and draw 3 or 4 of them like we did.

Unlikely of course!

All to play for.

I'll take a draw from Barnsley & SW, but I think a win for Barnsley more likely to drag SW into a scrap and open up two places to fight for.

Yep we were but can you see seriously see SW messing this up looking at their past few months results ? Nah me neither but a nice thought all the same

Poll: If it were one or the other

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 15:05 - Mar 20 with 1936 viewsKropotkin123

A Barnsley loss and a Fulham inspired implosion would be nice

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 15:08 - Mar 20 with 1922 viewsle2blue

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 13:42 - Mar 20 by Illinoisblue

Not too fussed what happens in Yorkshire but even a point for Accy would be massive.

I looked back at Stanley's home results, I'd say anything other than a Plymouth win is, unfortunately, looking pretty unlikely, they've been shocking at home and even contrived to lose to MK at the weekend who were below them.
What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 15:08 - Mar 20 with 1915 viewsBigCommon

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 14:56 - Mar 20 by Metal_Hacker

Yep we were but can you see seriously see SW messing this up looking at their past few months results ? Nah me neither but a nice thought all the same

I can see their heads going if they drop a few points in the next couple of games..... They've been winning ugly, and getting on the right side of a few contentious ref decisions of late. They certainly are not playing well.They look tired and ragged, they are picking up injuries.And for all their unbeaten run, they still haven't shaken off the chasing pack. You could argue that they are under more pressure than us to go up this season...I think they are far from promoted, should they get beat by Barnsley..
What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 15:09 - Mar 20 with 1908 viewsjayessess

Anything except a Barnsley win for me.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024