Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What news outlet do you use these days? 14:31 - Mar 16 with 2154 viewsmutters

Interested in hearing where people get their news/current events from as I am getting increasingly jaded by reading news/info which has political agendas.

Historically I am a Guardian reader, however recently I am finding them leaning too much to the left and feel a lot of their opinion pieces are opportunities to kick the right. (Not that I am against that when appropriate, I am just looking for more balanced journalism with no agenda/leanings).

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

What news outlet do you use these days? on 14:35 - Mar 16 with 1692 viewsKeno

TWTD obviously

its the best place online for a wide range of views on a range of current news stories

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What news outlet do you use these days? on 14:36 - Mar 16 with 1681 viewsJ2BLUE

Sky News.

I find it very good and balanced. The name alone will probably get lots of replies telling me i'm wrong but oh well.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What news outlet do you use these days? on 14:39 - Mar 16 with 1646 viewsKeno

What news outlet do you use these days? on 14:36 - Mar 16 by J2BLUE

Sky News.

I find it very good and balanced. The name alone will probably get lots of replies telling me i'm wrong but oh well.

you're wrong

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What news outlet do you use these days? on 14:40 - Mar 16 with 1635 viewshomer_123

From multiple sources.

If I pick up an interesting piece of news, I'll look for that covered across multiple sources to try and get a fair few differing points on it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What news outlet do you use these days? on 14:43 - Mar 16 with 1613 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Russia Today.
What news outlet do you use these days? on 14:46 - Mar 16 with 1585 viewsJ2BLUE

What news outlet do you use these days? on 14:39 - Mar 16 by Keno

you're wrong

Brute.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What news outlet do you use these days? on 14:47 - Mar 16 with 1578 viewsBlueRaider

I quite like the newsagents podcast, pretty neutral in general

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Totally balanced too. (n/t) on 14:48 - Mar 16 with 1562 viewsBloots

What news outlet do you use these days? on 14:35 - Mar 16 by Keno

TWTD obviously

its the best place online for a wide range of views on a range of current news stories

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

What news outlet do you use these days? on 14:50 - Mar 16 with 1543 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Times Radio (when I'm driving) is decent. We also like Channel 4 news on the TV.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

What news outlet do you use these days? on 14:51 - Mar 16 with 1541 viewsblueasfook

BBC are totally unbiased and aren't influenced by the tory govt.

Oh...

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

What news outlet do you use these days? on 14:52 - Mar 16 with 1524 viewsPinewoodblue

Aljazerra

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Totally balanced too. (n/t) on 14:53 - Mar 16 with 1505 viewsblueasfook

Totally balanced too. (n/t) on 14:48 - Mar 16 by Bloots

Bit left-leaning for me. There's no viewpoint for Fascists.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

What news outlet do you use these days? on 14:54 - Mar 16 with 1498 viewsIllinoisblue

Big fan of Dave39717376824 on twitter with all the flags in his username.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What news outlet do you use these days? on 14:56 - Mar 16 with 1489 viewshomer_123

What news outlet do you use these days? on 14:52 - Mar 16 by Pinewoodblue

Aljazerra

Hey J2 - yours is actually alright....

What news outlet do you use these days? on 14:59 - Mar 16 with 1469 viewsChondzoresk

I did a poll for you amongst friends and the conclusion is...80% take the Guardian... the other 20% buy it. Does this help?
It's so left leaning that.... on 15:13 - Mar 16 with 1429 viewsBloots

Totally balanced too. (n/t) on 14:53 - Mar 16 by blueasfook

Bit left-leaning for me. There's no viewpoint for Fascists.

....I have to turn my laptop on its side to read the forum.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

It's so left leaning that.... on 15:21 - Mar 16 with 1391 viewshomer_123

It's so left leaning that.... on 15:13 - Mar 16 by Bloots

....I have to turn my laptop on its side to read the forum.

Ah, table view mode.

What news outlet do you use these days? on 15:42 - Mar 16 with 1318 viewsCrawfordsboot

Try Byline Times. They are an alternative source of news with quite a bit of in depth reporting. No tracking or adverts.
I try to use at least three different sources so as to provide balance. This in itself has opened my eyes to how each one has a party line with its own prejudices making it impossible to get a balanced view from reading just one news source.
What news outlet do you use these days? on 15:45 - Mar 16 with 1309 viewsMattinLondon

Daily Mail, GB News, Sun, Daily Express, Telegraph, Mail on Sunday, Sunday Sun, Sunday Telegraph and the Sunday Express.

Unfortunately the mainstream press is dominated by liberals so there’s only so much right news to read.
What news outlet do you use these days? on 15:49 - Mar 16 with 1303 viewsNthQldITFC

Tucker Carlson.

I watch him say words and string together antonyms of every word he uses in real time. From the resultant sentence I have the truth.

I've been doing it since his Grange Hill days, and it has stood me in good stead.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What news outlet do you use these days? on 16:42 - Mar 16 with 1209 viewsMattinLondon

What news outlet do you use these days? on 15:49 - Mar 16 by NthQldITFC

Tucker Carlson.

I watch him say words and string together antonyms of every word he uses in real time. From the resultant sentence I have the truth.

I've been doing it since his Grange Hill days, and it has stood me in good stead.

After listening to him do you smash your balls in with a sledgehammer? Important to get a good balance.
What news outlet do you use these days? on 16:43 - Mar 16 with 1208 viewsChurchman

For headlines I look at the BBC, Sky, ITV etc. For in depth stuff, the Guardian first. It’s free to access. Then I go to yahoo news headlines that picks up a variety of sources including small articles from outlets that would charge if you logged in to their papers. Then if it’s a complex or very political story I’ll look further - foreign news. In other words, I try and read as widely as possible if I’m interested in the subject.

I learned from work first hand that most news is 85% rubbish. In other words are made up, based on nuggets of information, have a slant to them, are basically inaccurate. The percentage is of course variable depending on the subject and entirely subjective!

Oh, and I pick up the free Metro if I’m out walking past a stack and we get the Mail on Saturday. Mrs C likes the tv pages and reckons they’re good for cat litter. No I don’t read the paper itself.
What news outlet do you use these days? on 16:45 - Mar 16 with 1202 viewsBlueBadger

What news outlet do you use these days? on 14:35 - Mar 16 by Keno

TWTD obviously

I know I joke a lot about the intellectual rigour of this place, but it quite frequently offers a more informed and grown up standard of debate than th slovak radio, Jeremy Vine and Question Time.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What news outlet do you use these days? on 17:30 - Mar 16 with 1104 viewsfactual_blue

The monthly Ixworth Newsletter.

Crucial for updates on the Hempyard Bridge and the ghost junction debate for the mooted new housing.

And occasional mentions of the Parish Council chairman, Ben.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What news outlet do you use these days? on 18:44 - Mar 16 with 1045 viewsGuthrum

Regularly read the Guardian and the Telegraph (tho much less so the latter nowadays, it's gone badly downhill, but do still have a subscription). Variety of online sources, including on occasion overseas newspapers. Selection of YouTube commentators (e.g. Anders Puck Nielsen on Ukraine).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024