Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
8 points 17:19 - Feb 18 with 4681 viewsGlasgowBlue

Doable?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

8 points on 17:21 - Feb 18 with 3381 viewsFrimleyBlue

Only if we follow today with more wins not follow it up with a 1-1 draw next week. Ala morcambe_cambridge.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

8 points on 17:22 - Feb 18 with 3362 viewsBlueBadger

Totally. We were further off this time last year and I believed it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

8 points on 17:23 - Feb 18 with 3361 viewsMattinLondon

It’s doable - but the longer the points difference remains the more unrealistic it becomes.
8 points on 17:24 - Feb 18 with 3348 viewsSomethingBlue

I know we always say words to this effect but the next three games really are critical.

Us: MK (a), Burton (h), Accy (h)
Plymouth: Posh (a), Charlton (h), Derby (h)

We should be closing the gap further over those. If we don't, something has gone very wrong from us or fair play to Plymouth, or both. If we do, that would then set up a really big matchday of Bolton v ITFC and Barnsley v Plymouth on 11th.

Very clear we are walking a tightrope, and then some, to the top two but I don't think it is *quite* over.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

8 points on 17:25 - Feb 18 with 3343 viewscbower

We must win the next three. If Plymouth win one, draw one, lose one then the gap becomes 3 points - very doable then. Take care of business first though.

bluescouser

8 points on 17:27 - Feb 18 with 3295 viewsBigCommon

Quite honestly, I'd say no atm...(Just being a realist)
See how it reads in 3 games time. But Plymouth have been pretty consistent all season. Even after the odd blip..
Feels good to get a decent result and performance today though. And a bonus that Plymouth dropped points at home..
8 points on 17:28 - Feb 18 with 3269 viewsJackNorthStand

We will know after the next 3 games. We have games we should be winning, Sheffield Wednesday and Plymouth have games that they could realistically drop some points.

If we don't win all of ours or they don't drop any points then top 2 will likely b done.

But until then, hope remains.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 17:30]
8 points on 17:29 - Feb 18 with 3255 viewsRyorry

Yes. Just needs the players to believe, and a bit more understanding developing between some of them, on our part.

PA have some tough-ish games coming up & lost momentum today.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 17:31]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

8 points on 17:35 - Feb 18 with 3154 viewsKentish_Tractor

Not for me. Great win today but I think its too much papering over the cracks looking at how we've been this season overall.

Can't see us getting more than 3 or 4 points combined from Barnsley, Derby and Bolton away.

Can't see Plymouth and/or Wednesday dropping that many points in that time - they have been too consistent this season.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

8 points on 17:42 - Feb 18 with 3059 viewsascott11

8 points on 17:35 - Feb 18 by Kentish_Tractor

Not for me. Great win today but I think its too much papering over the cracks looking at how we've been this season overall.

Can't see us getting more than 3 or 4 points combined from Barnsley, Derby and Bolton away.

Can't see Plymouth and/or Wednesday dropping that many points in that time - they have been too consistent this season.

Plymouth have dropped 9 points in the last 7 games, so I’m not sure why you can’t see them dropping more. I agree it will probably be too much of a stretch, but if one of the chasing teams can win 11/14 remaining, then I can see them surpassing Plymouth.
8 points on 17:45 - Feb 18 with 3021 viewsStewart27

8 points on 17:24 - Feb 18 by SomethingBlue

I know we always say words to this effect but the next three games really are critical.

We should be closing the gap further over those. If we don't, something has gone very wrong from us or fair play to Plymouth, or both. If we do, that would then set up a really big matchday of Bolton v ITFC and Barnsley v Plymouth on 11th.

Very clear we are walking a tightrope, and then some, to the top two but I don't think it is *quite* over.

If we can half the points gap to 4 before our big run then you never know.
8 points on 17:49 - Feb 18 with 2941 viewsKievthegreat

Doable? Yes.

Likely? No.

Keep winning and see how the cards fall for now.
8 points on 17:55 - Feb 18 with 2874 viewsKentish_Tractor

8 points on 17:42 - Feb 18 by ascott11

Plymouth have dropped 9 points in the last 7 games, so I’m not sure why you can’t see them dropping more. I agree it will probably be too much of a stretch, but if one of the chasing teams can win 11/14 remaining, then I can see them surpassing Plymouth.

We've also dropped 9 points in the last 7 games. Exactly why I can't see us catching them.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 18:26]

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

8 points on 17:58 - Feb 18 with 2813 viewsreadtheleaguetable

Course it is !

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

8 points on 17:59 - Feb 18 with 2791 viewsibbleobble

If we play with attacking intent and look to stretch the play we’re capable of anything in this league. It depends if we want to do that away from home or stop 25-yards from goal and look for a perfect pass.

A 4231 into a 3241 is great to watch and very fluid. Let’s hope it’s consistent now.
8 points on 17:59 - Feb 18 with 2793 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yeah. I can see 4 points for Plymouth there (I’m being optimistic) and 9 for us.

That could cut it to 3. Although a Derby win isn’t ideal for us.

So maybe 5 for Plymouth and 9 for us would be the optimum outcome.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 18:04]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

8 points on 18:00 - Feb 18 with 2787 viewsLRB84UK

Absolutely
8 points on 18:07 - Feb 18 with 2714 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

No I don’t think so, we are nowhere near consistent enough to be playing from this far behind. Win the next 3 very winnable games and it could look more favorable. We shall see.

Our season will likely be decided between March 11 and April 7 though. We play 4 of the current top 7 teams in 5 games. Derby, Bolton and Barnsley away in a month will tell us all we need to know.
8 points on 18:08 - Feb 18 with 2696 viewsChurchman

I don’t think winning three more games than those two between now and the end of the season is realistic, but you never know.

The important thing is to start winning games consistently to secure a play off spot, see where it takes us and hopefully go into those with some confidence.
8 points on 18:11 - Feb 18 with 2657 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

8 points on 17:22 - Feb 18 by BlueBadger

Totally. We were further off this time last year and I believed it.

Well that should fill everyone with confidence then.
8 points on 18:14 - Feb 18 with 2636 viewsDanTheMan

Heart says yes, head says no.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

8 points on 18:16 - Feb 18 with 2605 viewsJ2BLUE

Of course it’s doable. We need some help though. They will still rightfully be very confident. They’ve been pretty relentless. Fleetwood taking a point is great. Another draw or a loss in their next game might rattle them a bit. Admittedly it’s clutching at straws but it’s not over until it’s over…

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

8 points on 18:26 - Feb 18 with 2534 viewsParisBlue

Those next 4 league games are key for Plymouth. If they get through those they'll have 10 games left with the only top half teams being Shrewsbury and Port Vale.

We need to put the pressure on.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 18:38]

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

8 points on 18:27 - Feb 18 with 2524 viewsjas0999

If we go on a run of wins - maybe. But despite the great result today, we have been inconsistent. Let’s see. Hope so.
8 points on 18:32 - Feb 18 with 2467 viewsgroovyASH

Nope, because I don't believe we are going to be able to build a run and momentum.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024