Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cobbold Redevelopment 09:22 - Feb 10 with 5249 viewsBrads

This tweet has got a lot of attention but I’m not sure what the news is. No secret that the Cobbold will be redeveloped at some point as Ashton has said so previously.

Anyone know of any info to suggest that an announcement or the work is imminent?
Cobbold Redevelopment on 09:24 - Feb 10 with 3984 viewsgeg1992

As far as I was aware, there's no imminent plan to knock down the Cobbold, but planning to once the club is in the Prem.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Cobbold Redevelopment on 09:24 - Feb 10 with 3973 viewsitfcsuth

Unlikely redevelopment at this stage - would suspect we'd be Championship before that - would be a significant funding project.

Needs to be done, and will be in due course.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 9:25]
Cobbold Redevelopment on 09:29 - Feb 10 with 3893 viewsPhilTWTD

I don't think the position will have changed, the plan is to do things in a developmental way with big changes like that carried out further along the line.

Ashton: Cobbold Stand Has a Lifespan 9th Nov 2021 11:03
CEO Mark Ashton says the Cobbold Stand will require redevelopment of some type at some point given its age but that the club is looking at the stadium in a holistic manner rather than at any stand individually. 25

Cobbold Redevelopment on 09:33 - Feb 10 with 3824 viewsMattinLondon

Even if that were true - why would it create a meltdown?
Cobbold Redevelopment on 09:33 - Feb 10 with 3830 viewsBrads

Cobbold Redevelopment on 09:24 - Feb 10 by itfcsuth

Unlikely redevelopment at this stage - would suspect we'd be Championship before that - would be a significant funding project.

That’s the impression I got previously, that Ashton emphasised that it wouldn’t be any time soon. Strange tweet if nothing’s changed.

Some family are considering relocating to the Cobbold, which is why I was particularly interested to hear if anyone had heard any rumours of an update.
Cobbold Redevelopment on 09:34 - Feb 10 with 3805 viewsclive_baker

Cobbold Redevelopment on 09:33 - Feb 10 by Brads

That’s the impression I got previously, that Ashton emphasised that it wouldn’t be any time soon. Strange tweet if nothing’s changed.

Some family are considering relocating to the Cobbold, which is why I was particularly interested to hear if anyone had heard any rumours of an update.

Twitter is full of attention seeking bell ends

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cobbold Redevelopment on 09:36 - Feb 10 with 3786 viewsBrads

Cobbold Redevelopment on 09:33 - Feb 10 by MattinLondon

Even if that were true - why would it create a meltdown?

Don’t think it would in general. Those already in the Cobbold might be a bit concerned about relocating but not sure why seeing that would excite anyone.
Cobbold Redevelopment on 10:00 - Feb 10 with 3621 viewsMattinLondon

Cobbold Redevelopment on 09:34 - Feb 10 by clive_baker

Twitter can still be a place that connects people from all over the world exchanging ideas and promoting cooperation. But it’s the bell ends that make more noise. A bit like real life.
Login to get fewer ads

Cobbold Redevelopment on 10:04 - Feb 10 with 3585 viewsEssexBloo

Didn’t the local MP say he met Ashton this week to talk about investment into the club and the Town. Perhaps they are connected?
Cobbold Redevelopment on 10:17 - Feb 10 with 3505 viewsBloomBlue

They certainly need to improve the executive boxes in that stand. Executive boxes are a critical part of a modern football club, especially for attracting corporate hospitality.
Cobbold Redevelopment on 10:23 - Feb 10 with 3456 viewsBlueBadger

Cobbold Redevelopment on 10:04 - Feb 10 by EssexBloo

Didn’t the local MP say he met Ashton this week to talk about investment into the club and the Town. Perhaps they are connected?

Pffft. Like Tom 'Ipswich shouldn't be a city' Rhyming-Slang is actually interested in doing some good for Ipswich.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Cobbold Redevelopment on 11:02 - Feb 10 with 3262 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Cobbold Redevelopment on 09:24 - Feb 10 by geg1992

As far as I was aware, there's no imminent plan to knock down the Cobbold, but planning to once the club is in the Prem.

The timing of any redevelopment would be difficult given its impact on attendances during construction. Personally if we fail to go up this year I’d get on and do it next season so the ground is ready for an upwardly mobile club. Waiting until we reach the PL would be tool late imho

Poll: Our final position

Cobbold Redevelopment on 11:08 - Feb 10 with 3187 viewsFrimleyBlue

I know it's more likely when we get promoted. But I do still wonder if they'll do it anyway regardless...

Lots of lost revenue every game in regards to hospitality suites, bars. Restaurants could be bigger etc.

With the desso pitch going in and the potential to hold concerts etc I wouldn't be surprised to see them knocking it down for this reason.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Cobbold Redevelopment on 11:10 - Feb 10 with 3185 viewsclive_baker

Cobbold Redevelopment on 10:17 - Feb 10 by BloomBlue

They certainly need to improve the executive boxes in that stand. Executive boxes are a critical part of a modern football club, especially for attracting corporate hospitality.

I agree but I do love the Cobbold boxes. I actually prefer them to the ones on the other side, they're old school and there's something cool about that. I like that you're in 2 little rows too, rather than the boardroom type tables in the Magnus.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cobbold Redevelopment on 11:19 - Feb 10 with 3144 viewsGavTWTD

Cobbold Redevelopment on 09:24 - Feb 10 by itfcsuth

I'd be very surprised if concept drawings haven't been created. Might have gone further than that but not at the planning stage.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Cobbold Redevelopment on 12:24 - Feb 10 with 2830 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s an odd tweet given it’s not happening anytime soon and why would there be a meltdown about knocking down a 50-year-old stand? Weird take

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cobbold Redevelopment on 12:49 - Feb 10 with 2736 viewsJ2BLUE

Doesn’t he have a history of pretending to be in the know?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Cobbold Redevelopment on 12:59 - Feb 10 with 2680 viewsPinewoodblue

Cobbold Redevelopment on 11:19 - Feb 10 by GavTWTD

I'd be very surprised if concept drawings haven't been created. Might have gone further than that but not at the planning stage.

Thought they outlined redevelopment of Cobbold stand when they prepared the plans for north and south stands. Increased capacity by 5,000.

Would need revisiting to update.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Cobbold Redevelopment on 13:09 - Feb 10 with 2590 viewsElderGrizzly

Cobbold Redevelopment on 11:02 - Feb 10 by southnorfolkblue

The timing of any redevelopment would be difficult given its impact on attendances during construction. Personally if we fail to go up this year I’d get on and do it next season so the ground is ready for an upwardly mobile club. Waiting until we reach the PL would be tool late imho

It actually makes financial sense to do it in the PL.

Gate receipts would be dwarfed by TV money by around 8x if/when we get there
Cobbold Redevelopment on 13:27 - Feb 10 with 2418 viewsChe

Cobbold Redevelopment on 10:17 - Feb 10 by BloomBlue

Stuff the cooperates let's have a stadium for all people
Cobbold Redevelopment on 13:32 - Feb 10 with 2385 viewsEly_Blue

Cobbold Redevelopment on 09:34 - Feb 10 by clive_baker

……. And then there’s Cruncher

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Cobbold Redevelopment on 13:33 - Feb 10 with 2378 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Cobbold Redevelopment on 13:09 - Feb 10 by ElderGrizzly

It actually makes financial sense to do it in the PL.

Gate receipts would be dwarfed by TV money by around 8x if/when we get there

Hmm, not sure about that. Every game in the Prem would be a sell out, but we would be down to 3 stands. Better to develop when we are not selling out the stands, as it is way too big to be done in the off season. Minimum 6 month project. With the Cobbold closed, capacity will be down to about 22,000. Better to do that in L1, so the sooner the better.

Poll: would you rather

Cobbold Redevelopment on 13:39 - Feb 10 with 2326 viewsjaykay

i want to know how they are going to get to ipswich speedway track

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Cobbold Redevelopment on 13:40 - Feb 10 with 2291 viewshoppy

Cobbold Redevelopment on 13:32 - Feb 10 by Ely_Blue

……. And then there’s Cruncher

Does he not fit into the 'attention seeking' aspect of that?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Cobbold Redevelopment on 13:43 - Feb 10 with 2263 viewsEly_Blue

Cobbold Redevelopment on 13:40 - Feb 10 by hoppy

Does he not fit into the 'attention seeking' aspect of that?

He’s worse than that……..

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024