Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cobbold Redevelopment 09:22 - Feb 10 with 5284 viewsBrads

This tweet has got a lot of attention but I’m not sure what the news is. No secret that the Cobbold will be redeveloped at some point as Ashton has said so previously.

Anyone know of any info to suggest that an announcement or the work is imminent?
Cobbold Redevelopment on 14:23 - Feb 10 with 1217 viewsazuremerlangus

Cobbold Redevelopment on 11:02 - Feb 10 by southnorfolkblue

The timing of any redevelopment would be difficult given its impact on attendances during construction. Personally if we fail to go up this year I’d get on and do it next season so the ground is ready for an upwardly mobile club. Waiting until we reach the PL would be tool late imho

I think the timing will be also dependent on the design. Can you throw on an extra tier whilst refreshing the existing structure and do it within summer gap? Or is it a completely new build taking longer? Or 2 tiers built one at a time over two summers?

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Cobbold Redevelopment on 14:26 - Feb 10 with 1194 viewsFrimleyBlue

Cobbold Redevelopment on 14:23 - Feb 10 by azuremerlangus

I think the timing will be also dependent on the design. Can you throw on an extra tier whilst refreshing the existing structure and do it within summer gap? Or is it a completely new build taking longer? Or 2 tiers built one at a time over two summers?

Have they started building the swimming pool in the carkpark ( was that the plan I read somewhere?

I wondered if they might try and purchase the car park and do some big leisure complex that links with a new stand.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Cobbold Redevelopment on 15:02 - Feb 10 with 1124 viewsBobsthename

Nothing will happen till we’re promoted.
Cobbold Redevelopment on 18:29 - Feb 10 with 956 viewsSheffordBlue

Cobbold Redevelopment on 09:33 - Feb 10 by Brads

That’s the impression I got previously, that Ashton emphasised that it wouldn’t be any time soon. Strange tweet if nothing’s changed.

Some family are considering relocating to the Cobbold, which is why I was particularly interested to hear if anyone had heard any rumours of an update.

I guess the only thing that might bring the timetable forward would be to tie it in with the Council's plan for redeveloping some of the area.

It could become much more dififcult/impossible to do the Cobbold once the countcils plans begin to be put into place - as far as I know there's nothing firm on that front either.

On the other side of things there could be the potential to share some of the enabling costs - e.g the utilities work that would need to take place for both.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Cobbold Redevelopment on 18:59 - Feb 10 with 899 viewsbournemouthblue

Cobbold Redevelopment on 14:23 - Feb 10 by azuremerlangus

It will 100% be a new build, no doubt about

They did have plans drawn up at the same time as the North Stand, Sheepshanks had a model of it at some stage?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Cobbold Redevelopment on 20:03 - Feb 10 with 829 viewsTheBoyBlue

Cobbold Redevelopment on 13:33 - Feb 10 by LegendofthePhoenix

Hmm, not sure about that. Every game in the Prem would be a sell out, but we would be down to 3 stands. Better to develop when we are not selling out the stands, as it is way too big to be done in the off season. Minimum 6 month project. With the Cobbold closed, capacity will be down to about 22,000. Better to do that in L1, so the sooner the better.

From a financial perspective it would make more sense in the PL. At the moment gate receipts make up a big portion of our receipts, but I'm sure I read somewhere that in the PL every club could in theory let all their fans in for free and they could function just as well as they do, such is the money from TV.

I guess if they're going to build actually on/over Portman Road they could do a lot of the back/top before actually having to knock the current stand down (I suppose a little like they are doing at Anfield Road at the moment) as the new stand could probably do with being set slightly further back to give a bit more space on that touchline or even to move the pitch across as the view from the TV cameras is currently partly obscured by the fencing in the top tier of the Magnus when focusing on the nearside. But I might be talking out my backside.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Cobbold Redevelopment on 20:06 - Feb 10 with 819 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cobbold Redevelopment on 09:29 - Feb 10 by PhilTWTD

I don't think the position will have changed, the plan is to do things in a developmental way with big changes like that carried out further along the line.

Ashton: Cobbold Stand Has a Lifespan 9th Nov 2021 11:03
CEO Mark Ashton says the Cobbold Stand will require redevelopment of some type at some point given its age but that the club is looking at the stadium in a holistic manner rather than at any stand individually. 25

Yeah, I agree it makes sense to wait until we’re an established Champions League team in 3-4 years time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cobbold Redevelopment on 20:07 - Feb 10 with 817 viewsBloomBlue

Cobbold Redevelopment on 20:03 - Feb 10 by TheBoyBlue

From a financial perspective it would make more sense in the PL. At the moment gate receipts make up a big portion of our receipts, but I'm sure I read somewhere that in the PL every club could in theory let all their fans in for free and they could function just as well as they do, such is the money from TV.

I guess if they're going to build actually on/over Portman Road they could do a lot of the back/top before actually having to knock the current stand down (I suppose a little like they are doing at Anfield Road at the moment) as the new stand could probably do with being set slightly further back to give a bit more space on that touchline or even to move the pitch across as the view from the TV cameras is currently partly obscured by the fencing in the top tier of the Magnus when focusing on the nearside. But I might be talking out my backside.

But when we get to the Prem the pension fund will be looking to sell us ASAP for a profit. The new Saudi owners won't worry about gate receipts, they will splash the oil/gas millions quickly on a rebuilt stadium.
Login to get fewer ads

Cobbold Redevelopment on 20:10 - Feb 10 with 809 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cobbold Redevelopment on 20:07 - Feb 10 by BloomBlue

But when we get to the Prem the pension fund will be looking to sell us ASAP for a profit. The new Saudi owners won't worry about gate receipts, they will splash the oil/gas millions quickly on a rebuilt stadium.

Saudi owners would be great, I’d take your hand off for that!!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cobbold Redevelopment on 20:15 - Feb 10 with 802 viewsBloomBlue

Cobbold Redevelopment on 20:10 - Feb 10 by Swansea_Blue

Saudi owners would be great, I’d take your hand off for that!!

Not sure I'm happy with that, the Saudis have been known to take hands off. 😀
Cobbold Redevelopment on 20:21 - Feb 10 with 794 viewsstonojnr

Cobbold Redevelopment on 20:03 - Feb 10 by TheBoyBlue

they dont own the road though, even if the might pedestrianise it more than it is now to give you that entrance way that theyve talked about , and youd probably grab enough space just by building upwards and converting the space of the exec box roofing into seating for the stand.

but I dont really mind what they do as long as they keep the old club lettering style on the new stand
[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 20:21]
Cobbold Redevelopment on 20:31 - Feb 10 with 753 viewsEly_Blue

Cobbold Redevelopment on 14:26 - Feb 10 by FrimleyBlue

Have they started building the swimming pool in the carkpark ( was that the plan I read somewhere?

I wondered if they might try and purchase the car park and do some big leisure complex that links with a new stand.

If you went to the ground once in a while you’d know the answer

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Cobbold Redevelopment on 23:05 - Feb 10 with 663 viewsFifeITFC

Cobbold Redevelopment on 09:34 - Feb 10 by clive_baker

Twitter is full of attention seeking bell ends

That Martyn fella has always been one of those.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Cobbold Redevelopment on 02:54 - Feb 11 with 586 viewsKropotkin123

Cobbold Redevelopment on 09:33 - Feb 10 by MattinLondon

Even if that were true - why would it create a meltdown?

I think heard that instead of using bulldozers, they're going to use a massive magnifying glass. Maybe I'm right or maybe I'm correct. Ashton hasn't denied it either.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Cobbold Redevelopment on 07:56 - Feb 11 with 468 viewsDanny_G

Cobbold Redevelopment on 18:59 - Feb 10 by bournemouthblue

It will 100% be a new build, no doubt about

They did have plans drawn up at the same time as the North Stand, Sheepshanks had a model of it at some stage?

Here’s a picture of it

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024