Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
norwich being charged 21:35 - Feb 9 with 1966 viewsjaykay

with not trying and giving up after 68 minutes

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

norwich being charged on 22:11 - Feb 9 with 1759 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If the authorities brought such charges, they would have been heavily sanctioned for each of their past few Premier participant seasons.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

norwich being charged on 22:14 - Feb 9 with 1735 viewsNthQldITFC

Not their fault. Never their fault. Always the referee's fault.

What happened was this:

The ref had lost his EFL regulation black plastic whistle, and decide to use his grandfather's 1950s silver whistle instead. So the night before he gave it a bloody good polish.

It wasn't until the 68th minute when Burnley couldn't be arsed to score any more goals (and were looking to save themselves for a tough upcoming match against a proper team), that Norwich were finally able to get close enough to a Burnley player to foul him.

The ref blew for the foul and booked Gavin Holt either for the foul and for being too fat and sweaty, I'm not sure. Captain Ullathorne ran over to protest the booking and getting close to the ref got dazzled by the sun reflecting off the shiny whistle.

This freaked him and his mates out because they have no experience of shiny metal things in that part of the world, particularly when it comes to silver in a football context. So they all ran over to the corner and stood there in a huddle and wouldn't come out to play again until Auntie Delia came over and gave them all a nibble on her pudding and a sip from her gin bottle.

That's what happened, and it was all the referee's fault as usual. Or VAR.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

norwich being charged on 22:22 - Feb 9 with 1656 viewsKeno

norwich being charged on 22:11 - Feb 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

If the authorities brought such charges, they would have been heavily sanctioned for each of their past few Premier participant seasons.

They have hardly set the league alight lately

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

norwich being charged on 22:25 - Feb 9 with 1633 viewsMiaow

norwich being charged on 22:14 - Feb 9 by NthQldITFC

What happened was this:

The ref had lost his EFL regulation black plastic whistle, and decide to use his grandfather's 1950s silver whistle instead. So the night before he gave it a bloody good polish.

It wasn't until the 68th minute when Burnley couldn't be arsed to score any more goals (and were looking to save themselves for a tough upcoming match against a proper team), that Norwich were finally able to get close enough to a Burnley player to foul him.

The ref blew for the foul and booked Gavin Holt either for the foul and for being too fat and sweaty, I'm not sure. Captain Ullathorne ran over to protest the booking and getting close to the ref got dazzled by the sun reflecting off the shiny whistle.

This freaked him and his mates out because they have no experience of shiny metal things in that part of the world, particularly when it comes to silver in a football context. So they all ran over to the corner and stood there in a huddle and wouldn't come out to play again until Auntie Delia came over and gave them all a nibble on her pudding and a sip from her gin bottle.

The thought of a nibble on Delia's pudding has left me greatly perturbed.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

norwich being charged on 22:55 - Feb 9 with 1514 viewsGuthrum

norwich being charged on 22:14 - Feb 9 by NthQldITFC

What happened was this:

Mind you, given it seems to have been our old friend Keith Stroud ...
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 22:55]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

norwich being charged on 22:57 - Feb 9 with 1497 viewsBlueBadger

norwich being charged on 22:11 - Feb 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

Mate, they'd have been sanctioned for their whole existence.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

norwich being charged on 22:58 - Feb 9 with 1502 viewsBlueBadger

norwich being charged on 22:22 - Feb 9 by Keno

Throughout their 'history', the only thing they have ever set alight is one of their stands.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 9:21]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

norwich being charged on 07:46 - Feb 10 with 1072 viewsMetal_Hacker

norwich being charged on 22:25 - Feb 9 by Miaow

The thought of a nibble on Delia's pudding has left me greatly perturbed.

I should imagine her "pudding" is more attuned to a soggy rice pudding

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

norwich being charged on 08:20 - Feb 10 with 990 viewsSwansea_Blue

norwich being charged on 22:22 - Feb 9 by Keno

Surprising that, given their practice of setting things alight

Edit - balls, beaten to it and by badger of all posters. The shame
[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 8:21]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

norwich being charged on 08:52 - Feb 10 with 874 viewsBlueBlood90

It's by far the weakest Championship for a lot of years and next season is going to be extremely competitive with the likes of Southampton, Everton/Leeds, Sheff Weds and hopefully us. I think their yo-yo days are over.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

norwich being charged on 08:54 - Feb 10 with 863 viewsnoggin

norwich being charged on 22:58 - Feb 9 by BlueBadger

Throughout their 'history', the only thing they have ever set alight is one of their stands.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 9:21]

POTD.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 8:54]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

norwich being charged on 09:14 - Feb 10 with 800 viewsCheltenham_Blue

norwich being charged on 07:46 - Feb 10 by Metal_Hacker

I should imagine her "pudding" is more attuned to a soggy rice pudding

Please stop.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

norwich being charged on 09:50 - Feb 10 with 707 viewsGeoffSentence

norwich being charged on 22:55 - Feb 9 by Guthrum

Mind you, given it seems to have been our old friend Keith Stroud ...
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 22:55]

That puts it in a whole different light. I am almost sympathetic to the nodgers plight. As we all know, that ref is sometimes prone to make horrendous errors.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

norwich being charged on 09:54 - Feb 10 with 694 viewsBlueBadger

norwich being charged on 08:20 - Feb 10 by Swansea_Blue

Surprising that, given their practice of setting things alight

Edit - balls, beaten to it and by badger of all posters. The shame
[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 8:21]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024