Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were Gamechanger 09:11 - Feb 5 with 6062 viewsmuccletonjoe

Spent a few million quid , provided the manager with one of the strongest squads in the league, and still failed to make top 6 , what would YOU do ?
If you were Gamechanger on 11:05 - Feb 5 with 1820 viewspointofblue

If you were Gamechanger on 11:03 - Feb 5 by DJR

I think that's right. Aluko comes into that category too.

It's strange really because you would think with someone of McKenna's background, he would favour the more technical players that a club like Plymouth have acquired, and MK Dons had last season.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 11:03]

We do have technical players in wide positions when in form, and up top. But the middle is really lacking. It almost seems like their job is more of a protective one, but they’ve been struggling on that score since the Charlton game.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If you were Gamechanger on 11:09 - Feb 5 with 1789 viewsDJR

If you were Gamechanger on 11:05 - Feb 5 by pointofblue

We do have technical players in wide positions when in form, and up top. But the middle is really lacking. It almost seems like their job is more of a protective one, but they’ve been struggling on that score since the Charlton game.

I'm not convinced that they are that technical. If you look at, say, Harness or Chaplin, except in some games or rather parts of games, more often than not their quick passes don't reach the man. And apart from Davis, our crossing from wide is far from good.

The problem it seems to me is that we often play passes in key positions without looking up or without being in proper control of the ball, and to me that is not the sign of good technical footballers.

EDIT: I do agree that we are lacking something in midfield, given that we hardly ever score goals through the middle. The problem is that teams probably know this, and know that if they extinguish our threat out wide, they can prosper.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 11:15]
If you were Gamechanger on 11:14 - Feb 5 with 1765 viewschicoazul

If you were Gamechanger on 11:05 - Feb 5 by pointofblue

The Charlton game has absolutely wrecked us.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If you were Gamechanger on 11:18 - Feb 5 with 1761 viewsChondzoresk

What I think without reading the entire thread is that they are in for the long haul, the future. We as fans see it as a disaster if we don't go up this season. They won't.

However, if this time next season we are still here and struggling i would say they will show KM the door.

I think they will be patient. I'm not worried presently. Nor should KM.
If you were Gamechanger on 11:19 - Feb 5 with 1761 viewsmuccletonjoe

If you were Gamechanger on 11:05 - Feb 5 by J2BLUE

I would sack McKenna in that completely imaginary scenario.

Now, can we get back to reality?

How long have you been supporting this club ? We should all be thinking it's a possibility if not a probability atm.
If you were Gamechanger on 11:21 - Feb 5 with 1754 viewsJ2BLUE

If you were Gamechanger on 11:19 - Feb 5 by muccletonjoe

How long have you been supporting this club ? We should all be thinking it's a possibility if not a probability atm.

31 years.

Of course it's possible. Possible doesn't mean likely though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you were Gamechanger on 11:28 - Feb 5 with 1725 viewsTrumptonBlue

If you were Gamechanger on 10:58 - Feb 5 by chicoazul

That’s not what Trumpton said.

It's what I meant, though.
If you were Gamechanger on 11:32 - Feb 5 with 1718 viewsernie

If you were Gamechanger on 10:01 - Feb 5 by OldFart71

Firstly you are surmising we won't get top six. If we were not to get top six which I doubt is likely my only concerns would be what happens to the players we have paid a lot of money for. Along with that players like Morsy may decide they need to play in a higher league whilst they are still young enough. It is my belief that the team lacks probably three players. A Cole Skuse in midfield, a really decent centre back and a nippy Marcus Stewart, David Johnson type player upfront. But then I am not getting thousands a year to decide that. McKenna is a rooky manager to some extent how he performs with a League One side will decide his destiny. How he handles this situation which in all honesty has dragged on for many weeks. He did bring in four new players, who all need time to bed in, which unfortunately we don't have.

Marcus Stewart and David Johnson were not at all the same type of player.
Login to get fewer ads

If you were Gamechanger on 11:36 - Feb 5 with 1704 viewsBigCommon

If you were Gamechanger on 10:54 - Feb 5 by chicoazul

Second season.

Behave, it's his first season in charge..He had a few months to identify some deadwood, and have a free hit at trying to salvage last season.. He's had two proper windows, a good preseason, and a little over half of a season in matches.
If anyone can't see the progress we've made in that time, they need a head shake.
Fella in KM's shoes, needs at least two full seasons, preferably three, imo...
If you were Gamechanger on 11:42 - Feb 5 with 1674 viewsStewart27

If you were Gamechanger on 09:52 - Feb 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

McKenna at the moment isn't doing a better job than any of them.

Yes he is.
If you were Gamechanger on 11:42 - Feb 5 with 1674 viewsTalkingBlues

If you were Gamechanger on 09:21 - Feb 5 by ElephantintheRoom

If you remember that is exactly what happened last season

~As I recall they elected to double down and spend yet more borrowed money on yet more players. It wasn’t working quite to their satisfaction in December so they elected to thrown even more borrowed money at the problem.

To be fair it looks impossible to avoid being in the top six this time around - though I am not sure that is the targe

Not trying to be alarmist, but have you been watching the progress of the teams below us at any stage? If the current league form of the top half of clubs continues as is, we could very realistically find ourselves out of the playoff places within the next 5 games.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 11:44]

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

If you were Gamechanger on 16:04 - Feb 5 with 1590 viewsBlueBadger

If you were Gamechanger on 10:31 - Feb 5 by FrimleyBlue

He has however now brought out the PC 'team needs time to gel' excuse.

Except of course, he hasn't.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If you were Gamechanger on 16:24 - Feb 5 with 1561 viewsibbleobble

I say more fool them for backing a rookie manager like that. If that eventuality did arise, it won’t but if it did, they’d have to seriously look at whether the right due diligence was applied, put a much better risk mitigation plan in place for the future and look at ways to support McKenna where he needs to improve. Sacking him could be an option but I’d like to think that even in the face of unquestionable failure, the fact that he was their choice and he is inexperienced would grant him a stay of execution.

At least, that’s what I’d do.
If you were Gamechanger on 16:52 - Feb 5 with 1520 viewsKropotkin123

I'd probably wake up

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

If you were Gamechanger on 19:53 - Feb 5 with 1450 viewsBluemist

If you were Gamechanger on 16:24 - Feb 5 by ibbleobble

I say more fool them for backing a rookie manager like that. If that eventuality did arise, it won’t but if it did, they’d have to seriously look at whether the right due diligence was applied, put a much better risk mitigation plan in place for the future and look at ways to support McKenna where he needs to improve. Sacking him could be an option but I’d like to think that even in the face of unquestionable failure, the fact that he was their choice and he is inexperienced would grant him a stay of execution.

At least, that’s what I’d do.

I actually agree with this, are we a club to trial a rookie manager? because it certainly seems that way. Poor substitutions for the wrong players in a desperate act of getting something out of a game we should have breezed past. Season is falling away like so many seasons gone by and less we change our approach league one for a 5th season is happening.
If you were Gamechanger on 20:01 - Feb 5 with 1437 viewsmultiplescoregasms

It's a very interesting question. Not making the top 6 would surely be seen as a total failure, but what would failure in the play offs be seen as? Whatever the owners think come the end of the season, it's either going to be happy days or a very sticky time for those involved.
If you were Gamechanger on 20:09 - Feb 5 with 1423 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Give him next season and then review if we fail to go up

Poll: Our final position

If you were Gamechanger on 09:20 - Feb 6 with 1306 viewspatrickswell

If you were Gamechanger on 09:21 - Feb 5 by ElephantintheRoom

If you remember that is exactly what happened last season

~As I recall they elected to double down and spend yet more borrowed money on yet more players. It wasn’t working quite to their satisfaction in December so they elected to thrown even more borrowed money at the problem.

To be fair it looks impossible to avoid being in the top six this time around - though I am not sure that is the targe

It’s in the past now, but with regards to getting to December last season and “throwing even more borrowed money at the problem”, we replaced managers and brought in (checks notes) two loanees.

I know that you consider Gamechanger to be the Devil’s spawn but please try and check your facts before you go throwing around even more garbage than you usually do in your posts.
If you were Gamechanger on 09:27 - Feb 6 with 1293 viewsNeedhamChris

To answer the question you asked - I'd sack McKenna.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

If you were Gamechanger on 10:06 - Feb 6 with 1239 viewsBobbychase

You left out spent loads on land and buildings around the stadium, on a whole new coaching and fitness set-up, invested in the Academy and revamped parts of the interior of the stadium.

You'd look at your outlay and stick to your guns I expect, which - coincidentally - is what they said they would do from the outset.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

If you were Gamechanger on 11:27 - Feb 6 with 1208 viewsbraveblue

I wouldn’t worry about things that have not happened.
If you were Gamechanger on 13:09 - Feb 6 with 1133 viewsDarth_Koont

I’d whisper it but Gamechanger are missing the same luck that Evans also didn’t get in his first 3 or 4 years. Namely that the football professionals can’t capitalise on generous funding.

Gamechanger may have less patience too as ultimately their backers want to see hard value in return for their investment. And not getting into the Championship for another 3 years probably wasn’t in the pitch. Especially as it’s only getting to the Prem that will provide the real financial return on offer.

Tough, pressure-filled times ahead potentially but if we’re already failing to manage the pressure this season then we might need toughening up. No fingers pointed – this is a collective issue for the club.

Pronouns: He/Him

If you were Gamechanger on 13:18 - Feb 6 with 1118 viewsFrimleyBlue

If you were Gamechanger on 13:09 - Feb 6 by Darth_Koont

I’d whisper it but Gamechanger are missing the same luck that Evans also didn’t get in his first 3 or 4 years. Namely that the football professionals can’t capitalise on generous funding.

Gamechanger may have less patience too as ultimately their backers want to see hard value in return for their investment. And not getting into the Championship for another 3 years probably wasn’t in the pitch. Especially as it’s only getting to the Prem that will provide the real financial return on offer.

Tough, pressure-filled times ahead potentially but if we’re already failing to manage the pressure this season then we might need toughening up. No fingers pointed – this is a collective issue for the club.

It's why I'm surprised they went for an apprentice manager. No our previous managers didn't do anything. But. It's a massive job for someone with 0 management experiences.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

If you were Gamechanger on 13:22 - Feb 6 with 1087 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

If you were Gamechanger on 11:14 - Feb 5 by chicoazul

The Charlton game has absolutely wrecked us.

The cause of what happened at Charlton was present before we played Charlton.

Otherwise, it wouldn't have happened.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 13:22]
If you were Gamechanger on 14:52 - Feb 6 with 994 viewsMckenna1263

I would sack the manager and get a proven manager who can get teams promoted fron championship or league1. Even some of the previous managers with the same support mckenna is currently getting would be able to get the job done. The biggest gamble is not the players signed but the manager in place to get the team promoted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024