Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing 13:35 - Jan 24 with 2957 viewshomer_123

What other players fit this bill?

Le Tissier is another that springs to mind, any more?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 13:59 - Jan 24 with 1943 viewsCraigIT

I admire him. He is a Tottenham fan playing for his own.
Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:07 - Jan 24 with 1924 viewstractorboy1978

I know Shearer won 1 PL with Blackburn but he's in a similar position, he could have won far more if he decided to go elsewhere.

Kane will probably end up taking his record as the highest goal scorer in PL history as well.
Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:08 - Jan 24 with 1917 viewsStewart27

He won the Audi cup I think.
Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:11 - Jan 24 with 1887 viewsFrimleyBlue

les ferdinand?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:15 - Jan 24 with 1889 viewsMookamoo

Defoe should have won something.
Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:21 - Jan 24 with 1848 viewsJ2BLUE

It said it all on Sky when commentator went on about how Kane wouldn't swap his goals for trophies and Gary Neville sat there silent.

Kane wouldn't need to swap his goals so that was a bizarre argument in the first place but clearly winning things is massive. Kane should leave if he gets the chance.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:21 - Jan 24 with 1850 viewsclive_baker

A nearly(ish) man in terms of honours. Ran Leicester close for a while in the league that year, and the same with Chelsea one year when Spurs came 2nd. Lost a champions league final, lost a Euro's final on penalties and a world cup semi. Heck of a player though and more of a reflection on the sides he's playing for than him individually.

He must be torn, try and get a move to Man City and challenge to win major trophies, or sit tight and be a 1 club man (excl. loans) but likely never lift one. I think in his shoes I would try something new, he'll be a Spurs legend regardless. Not sure that Man City move would even be on the cards now they have Haaland anyway.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:30 - Jan 24 with 1787 viewsmonty_radio

I think that the advance of the market economy in football has meant that there are few like Kane whereas in the era of the wage cap there was less incentive for players to move about. So, for example, the 1953 F.A. Cup final was known as the Matthews final (although by common consent he was not MoM ) just because he was 38 and his time had seemed to have passed him by without medals. But I think if you checked out the football annuals of the 1950s and 60s there would be a fair few "greats" who retired medal-less.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:37 - Jan 24 with 1749 viewsEnigma_Blue

Marcus Stewart
Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:39 - Jan 24 with 1745 viewsIllinoisblue

He played for Norwich so can never truly be considered a great player.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:40 - Jan 24 with 1743 viewshomer_123

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:39 - Jan 24 by Illinoisblue

I did say great and not world class.

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:49 - Jan 24 with 1690 viewsBseaBlue

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:07 - Jan 24 by tractorboy1978

I know Shearer won 1 PL with Blackburn but he's in a similar position, he could have won far more if he decided to go elsewhere.

Kane will probably end up taking his record as the highest goal scorer in PL history as well.

Shearer always says he was happy playing for his boyhood club. However, he must surely always think 'What if' he chose Man united instead.

I dread to think how many more goals he would have scored with Beckham, Giggs et al providing him service.
Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:49 - Jan 24 with 1686 viewsJon_456

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:21 - Jan 24 by clive_baker

A nearly(ish) man in terms of honours. Ran Leicester close for a while in the league that year, and the same with Chelsea one year when Spurs came 2nd. Lost a champions league final, lost a Euro's final on penalties and a world cup semi. Heck of a player though and more of a reflection on the sides he's playing for than him individually.

He must be torn, try and get a move to Man City and challenge to win major trophies, or sit tight and be a 1 club man (excl. loans) but likely never lift one. I think in his shoes I would try something new, he'll be a Spurs legend regardless. Not sure that Man City move would even be on the cards now they have Haaland anyway.

Realistically it's too late now anyway. He should have taken the City option when he had the chance.

The only club likely to pursue are Man Utd and are they going to win a league in the next 2-3 years? If not then little point risking unsettling a young family for 2-3 years when he can stay and be a legend at Spurs.
Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:53 - Jan 24 with 1655 viewsJ2BLUE

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:49 - Jan 24 by Jon_456

Realistically it's too late now anyway. He should have taken the City option when he had the chance.

The only club likely to pursue are Man Utd and are they going to win a league in the next 2-3 years? If not then little point risking unsettling a young family for 2-3 years when he can stay and be a legend at Spurs.

When did he have the chance? Levy wouldn't sell.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:56 - Jan 24 with 1622 viewsCraigIT

Tottenham are still in the CL. They could win that.
Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:57 - Jan 24 with 1621 viewsJDB23

Wouldn't be surprised if he joined somewhere like Juve when his contract ends and wins a few things with them. Fair play if he stays at Spurs though.
Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:57 - Jan 24 with 1613 viewshoppy

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:39 - Jan 24 by Illinoisblue

But it’s to his credit that he overcame that and still managed to set goalscoring records. He wouldn’t be the first to have worn a yellow shirt never to look back…

Ricky Van Wolfswinkel was another…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:58 - Jan 24 with 1609 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:53 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

Exactly. His only option was to run his contract down. 18 months on his current one so could presumably force a move in the Summer if a buyer (Utd?) were willing to pay £100m or whatever.
Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:59 - Jan 24 with 1600 viewsJon_456

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:53 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

I'm sure if he'd have really wanted to, he could have got the move.

A club rarely wins when a player wants out.
Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 15:00 - Jan 24 with 1596 viewsclive_baker

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:49 - Jan 24 by Jon_456

Think he wanted to but Levy went back on his word. He's only got a year left on his contract, if he so wishes I expect he could force a move this summer as Spurs won't want him leaving on a free. Wouldn't be surprised if he went to Bayern for a couple of years.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 15:05 - Jan 24 with 1565 viewshomer_123

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:57 - Jan 24 by JDB23

Wouldn't be surprised if he joined somewhere like Juve when his contract ends and wins a few things with them. Fair play if he stays at Spurs though.

Not knocking him for staying at Spurs as such.

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 15:24 - Jan 24 with 1473 viewsiamatractorboy

Robin van Persie never won a trophy either, apparently, which I found surprising.
Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 15:26 - Jan 24 with 1468 viewsgiant_stow

Arsenal could do with another backup striker.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 15:26 - Jan 24 with 1459 viewshomer_123

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 15:24 - Jan 24 by iamatractorboy

Robin van Persie never won a trophy either, apparently, which I found surprising.

UEFA cup winner and Premier League winner isn't he?

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 15:27 - Jan 24 with 1454 viewsHighgateBlue

Kane - great striker but will likely end his career with winning nothing on 14:37 - Jan 24 by Enigma_Blue

Marcus Stewart

Wembley medal, innit. :)

Although saying that, Kane was on loan at Norwich at one point, so presumably he has a 'participants'' medal lying around somewhere...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024