Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town wage bill over £11m a year... 12:54 - Jan 18 with 5754 viewsFarmerpiles

....massive by League One standards. According to Charlie Wyett's column in The Sun today. 'And expected to throw more cash around over the next few weeks'.
Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 12:55 - Jan 18 with 4997 viewsipswichtillidie

You lost me at Sun

Gav

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 13:02 - Jan 18 with 4871 viewsPhilTWTD

Almost certainly higher than that, it was £13.9 million in 2020/21.

Town Made £7.6m Operating Loss in 2020/21 30th Jun 2022 12:28
Town made an operating loss of £7.6 million in the Covid-impacted 2020/21 season, the club’s accounts have revealed. 23

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 13:06 - Jan 18 with 4808 viewsBlueRaider

At 26,000 average gate, if you assume an average ticket price of £20 we take nearly £12m in gate receipts, so pay for it comfortably when you add on merch and TV money

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 13:45 - Jan 18 with 4490 viewsbournemouthblue

Back in the Championship days, I had £17 million in my head for some reason

Would that have been the average wage total for the league or the budget of the top sides?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 13:48 - Jan 18 with 4468 viewstractorboy1978

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 13:45 - Jan 18 by bournemouthblue

Back in the Championship days, I had £17 million in my head for some reason

Would that have been the average wage total for the league or the budget of the top sides?

That was the kind of figure we were at in Evans latter years and it still had us in the bottom third of budgets.
Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 13:53 - Jan 18 with 4399 viewsitfcjoe

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 13:02 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

Town made an operating loss of £7.6 million in the Covid-impacted 2020/21 season, the club’s accounts have revealed. 23

That is total club wage bill opposed to just players though - so will be even higher with all off field staff

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 13:58 - Jan 18 with 4317 viewsPhilTWTD

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 13:53 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

That is total club wage bill opposed to just players though - so will be even higher with all off field staff

I reckon we're not far off the £18m or so overall wage bill we had in the latter years in the Championship. Think player wages were about £12m at that point.
Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 14:08 - Jan 18 with 4182 viewsSitfcB

Anything in the Harry Clarke whispers?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

There are a number of tables doing the round on League One player salaries... on 14:08 - Jan 18 with 4204 viewsunstableblue

... I saw a number referenced on Owlstalk.

See the one in link below.

The general theme seemed to be Sheff Weds have the highest paid players due to Championship legacy; and Plymouth have wages than you think due to Championship loans

You have to remember that the likes of Burns came up from lower divisions.

Walton is consistently named as our highest earner. Not sure I believe the figures in the link as Harness for one seems very low.

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/highest-paid/

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 14:13 - Jan 18 with 4122 viewsunstableblue

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 13:53 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

The scale of growth in off-field staff is remarkable... and the hiring is continuing at a pace

Its becoming a top championship/ low premiership scale of operation already... dwarfing some championship clubs

Feels to me like they've gone a bit early, as in prior to actual promotion, but they have a strategy.. I remember Mike O'Leary saying they hadn't yet given Ashton all the staff we wanted - but that was some months back

Obviously off-field staff costs are dwarfed by player wage levels - they don't actual pay that high. £30-35k for an experienced maintenance manager is low given the market.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 14:21 - Jan 18 with 4019 viewsArnieM

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 13:06 - Jan 18 by BlueRaider

At 26,000 average gate, if you assume an average ticket price of £20 we take nearly £12m in gate receipts, so pay for it comfortably when you add on merch and TV money

Yes , not sure what the Club would have received from those astronomical shirt sales too 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 14:31 - Jan 18 with 3927 viewsitfcsuth

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 13:58 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

I reckon we're not far off the £18m or so overall wage bill we had in the latter years in the Championship. Think player wages were about £12m at that point.

Would imagine player wages more around £10M.

Probably not far off what the newspaper is reporting.

Suspect only Sheffield Wednesday trumps us.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2023 16:36]
There are a number of tables doing the round on League One player salaries... on 14:32 - Jan 18 with 3916 viewscbower

There are a number of tables doing the round on League One player salaries... on 14:08 - Jan 18 by unstableblue

The general theme seemed to be Sheff Weds have the highest paid players due to Championship legacy; and Plymouth have wages than you think due to Championship loans

Walton is consistently named as our highest earner. Not sure I believe the figures in the link as Harness for one seems very low.

8k+ for Piggot. Harper, Camara, Edwards, Ball, Jackson & Keogh a further 30k+ per week. Pushing 2 million a year for those 7 and between them so far this season bet they dont clock up 30 starts for Town. Expensive business. Moving Piggot and Harper on at those wages will be nigh on impossible. Didn't Harper sign a 4 year deal? That's 2 more years to go in the summer for him. He looked to have it all but he's flopped. Shame. As for Pigs, we'll have to take a big hit and pay him off I guess.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2023 14:40]

bluescouser

There are a number of tables doing the round on League One player salaries... on 14:38 - Jan 18 with 3847 viewsitfcsuth

There are a number of tables doing the round on League One player salaries... on 14:32 - Jan 18 by cbower

8k+ for Piggot. Harper, Camara, Edwards, Ball, Jackson & Keogh a further 30k+ per week. Pushing 2 million a year for those 7 and between them so far this season bet they dont clock up 30 starts for Town. Expensive business. Moving Piggot and Harper on at those wages will be nigh on impossible. Didn't Harper sign a 4 year deal? That's 2 more years to go in the summer for him. He looked to have it all but he's flopped. Shame. As for Pigs, we'll have to take a big hit and pay him off I guess.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2023 14:40]

Them figures are taken from a video game - certainly to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I know one player on there (not with Ipswich) who is on nearer to double the figure that is stated there.
Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 15:43 - Jan 18 with 3426 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Ashton in particular needs to see promotion this year given the investment Mark Steed has put in. The pressure is probably more on him at the moment than KM.

Not looking too shabby at the moment though. If Broadhead stays fit, then I'll be pretty confident.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 15:45 - Jan 18 with 3409 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 13:06 - Jan 18 by BlueRaider

The £12m you assume is turnover, not profit.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

There are a number of tables doing the round on League One player salaries... on 15:48 - Jan 18 with 3355 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

There are a number of tables doing the round on League One player salaries... on 14:08 - Jan 18 by unstableblue

I doubt Plymouth are paying the full wages of their loan players.

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 15:52 - Jan 18 with 3305 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Got a link to the story?

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 15:56 - Jan 18 with 3262 viewsSwansea_Blue

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 13:58 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

Your performance related bonuses must be taking up a good chunk of that. Enough for a few Audis anyway!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 15:58 - Jan 18 with 3243 viewsBigCommon

It's clearly not an issue. When we've just added Luongo, Broadhead and Hirst to the wage bill.And upped Humphreys contract, too, with possible more incoming too..
Shows we are serious, and so are our investors. Nothing wrong with that, imo. As long as we are showing progress. Which we are.
Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 16:14 - Jan 18 with 3108 viewsHighgateBlue

We are very lucky that the SCMP rules in League One are so much more lenient than FFP. Although the latter is seen as a bit of a joke, there's no way we'd have been able to inject so much into player wages (and presumably transfer fees and signing on fees) if injections of cash from owners/investors did not count as turnover for these purposes.

We've clearly got a huge wage bill for league one. Clearly I just want Town to get whatever players in they need and pay them well enough to be able to compete. But I wouldn't blame fans of plenty of other teams having a smirk if we fail to get promotion.
Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 16:17 - Jan 18 with 3092 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 15:58 - Jan 18 by BigCommon

It's clearly not an issue. When we've just added Luongo, Broadhead and Hirst to the wage bill.And upped Humphreys contract, too, with possible more incoming too..
Shows we are serious, and so are our investors. Nothing wrong with that, imo. As long as we are showing progress. Which we are.

It becomes an issue if achievements on the pitch don't match the investment.

At present, we are there or thereabouts.

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 16:20 - Jan 18 with 3062 viewsitfcsuth

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 15:43 - Jan 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Ashton in particular needs to see promotion this year given the investment Mark Steed has put in. The pressure is probably more on him at the moment than KM.

Not looking too shabby at the moment though. If Broadhead stays fit, then I'll be pretty confident.

We are a very small fish in the grand scheme of the PSPRS portfolio.

We are fortunate enough that Mark Steed has seemingly enjoyed being engaged/owning Town, and has enjoyed his time when he has been over here.

But from a financial perspective, last time I checked we were a drop in the ocean for them - there asset allocation showed near $3bn in cash alone, $4bn in global private equity and $1.5bn in private diversifying strategies alone - with another $10bn placed around in other pools of investment.

Mark Steed is a serious man, and I have no doubt will be putting serious demands on Mark Ashton constantly, but this will also be a long term vision for them - and ultimately a smaller investment initially for what could be a long term return if/when we reach the PL.
Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 16:35 - Jan 18 with 2902 viewsjayessess

You'd guess, wouldn't you?

Across 32 players on first team contracts £11m/year works out at £6.6k per week, which feels low.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 16:57 - Jan 18 with 2745 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Town wage bill over £11m a year... on 16:20 - Jan 18 by itfcsuth

We are a very small fish in the grand scheme of the PSPRS portfolio.

We are fortunate enough that Mark Steed has seemingly enjoyed being engaged/owning Town, and has enjoyed his time when he has been over here.

But from a financial perspective, last time I checked we were a drop in the ocean for them - there asset allocation showed near $3bn in cash alone, $4bn in global private equity and $1.5bn in private diversifying strategies alone - with another $10bn placed around in other pools of investment.

Mark Steed is a serious man, and I have no doubt will be putting serious demands on Mark Ashton constantly, but this will also be a long term vision for them - and ultimately a smaller investment initially for what could be a long term return if/when we reach the PL.

Fund Managers don't become successful by not keeping a strategic eye on all investments.

"I've told Mark (Ashton) that I’ll be impressed when we stop losing money and start winning games! Frankly, that’s how it works!"

Him and his team will analyse every investment very closely against their own investment parameters.

The fact that we are a small investment in relevant terms, doesn't mean that returns are not expected.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024