Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now the dust has settled from Saturday... 09:28 - Jan 17 with 5775 viewsOriginalMarkyP

How are people genuinely feeling?

Personally, bizarrely for me...I'm still quietly confident.

I can't help thinking if this is a our 'dip' then it's not that terrible a dip.

I'd argue Plymouth and Sheff Wed will have their's too.

I think we start a winning run now and we'll reel them in.

But what's everyone else think?

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 09:30 - Jan 17 with 4432 viewsKieran_Knows

Shef Wed and Plymouth will have a blip, they just will. That said, as and when their blips come, we need to be almost perfect.

Have we got that in us? I think so, especially with time left in the window to add a couple more.

Up the boys, keep the faith etc etc
[Post edited 17 Jan 2023 9:33]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 09:36 - Jan 17 with 4364 viewsiamipswich

I'm still sick as a dog at that late equaliser.

Poll: Who will return first?

Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 09:55 - Jan 17 with 4310 viewsexeterblue10

The Times on Saturday had a table showing points won in 2022 by all clubs in the Premier League and EFL. Of the 92, the top four were (from memory) (1) Sheffield Wednesday (2) Plymouth Argyle (3) Sheffield United (4) Town. Puts into perspective firstly what a great job Kieran McKenna has done, given where we were in 2021, and secondly how unlucky we are to be in the same league as two very good and consistent teams!
Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 10:06 - Jan 17 with 4263 viewsunstableblue

I thought the atmosphere, passion and occasion - the sheer scale of 29k+ fans back in Portman Road - showed how far we’ve come as a club and should be celebrated.

I’m still annoyed on 4 counts:
- the players got overwhelmed by the occasion and were error strewn for the first 20-30mins, Donacien particularly bad, I thought we’d fixed this against Derby/ Pompey
- Harness and Morsy take their chances and we perhaps win
- We sat deep, not helped by the subs and allowed pressure
- Both Humphreys and Burgess could have done better to close the runner and prevent the shot

But how do I feel - upbeat, loving this season, but fully aware that we are up against two very strong teams, one with a very good squad, the other further along in their project. And indeed we didn’t lose Saturday and if they’d scored that sitter perhaps they’d have won.

Will they falter and allow us to capilitise? I’m not so sure. But our two new signings are game changers and we just need to get that run going to put pressure back up.

Very excited to see Broadhead and what he can do.

We need a minimum of 7 points from next 3 league games… then we’ll try again to manage the big occasion against the Owls. Another Huge game in a memorable season.

Am I enjoying going to PR again - too right!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 10:14 - Jan 17 with 4205 viewsleftback

I’m generally the most positive supporter, in fact some would call me a happy clapper! But not just Saturday but our form over the last month has screwed it up for us, can’t see us beating Oxford at weekend and fully expect Plymouth and Sheff We’d to win their games, the gap then will be far to great for us to overturn. There’s always a team that fades in 2nd half of season…….it’s us 🥲
Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 10:16 - Jan 17 with 4185 viewsdavblue

It's strange we are so dominant pretty much most of the time, we generally defend well, limit teams to hardly any shots but we concede frustrating goals. Up top is undoubtedly where we need to improve, chances created, taking more of our chances, if we do that over the rest of the season and lets face it it's hinging on Hurst and Broadhead coming in and getting the ball rolling, i also think we will be ok.

I still think we are a couple of players short of being a really good side at this level rather than appearing to be one.

A number 10 who looks after the ball to allow us to get up the pitch more and a box to box midfielder who can get on the end of things.
Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 10:26 - Jan 17 with 4118 viewsblueoxford

Plymouth played a very aggressive pressing style going man to man. In a way, it was a bit of a calculated gamble on their part knowing that, if they won, it was v unlikely that we would then catch them.

The majority of our remaining games will result in us dominating possession and with our two latest signings, we are much better equipped to turn that possession into goals
Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 10:30 - Jan 17 with 4056 viewsJakeITFC

I thought Plymouth did a bit of a job on us and that we wouldn’t have been deserving of three points, but still a sickening way for them to be snatched away.

That being said, I’m still very confident that we are the best team in the division so all being well we should get up this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 10:47 - Jan 17 with 3964 viewsitfcsuth

It isn't bizarre to be quietly confident, we have lost 3 games all season. We are a very good side at this level.

We aren't the only one however, Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday are also good sides who thoroughly deserve to be where they are.

They deserve to be top 2 right now, we are probably the 3rd best team in the division right now.

Do I think we can catch them, absolutely!

I do seriously worry about the number 9 position, I don't think we have adequately recruited in that area at all!
Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 10:48 - Jan 17 with 3949 viewsFrimleyBlue

Nice and relaxed about it all

Another game coming in. Another chance to get the winning run going.
Hopefully we get to see the new lads this week.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 10:49 - Jan 17 with 3942 viewsArnieM

Wednesday are in the middle of their good run. It’s 4 straight wins now. And they were good before that. I’ll be frank I do see them as the stringer of the three contenders. Plymouth are teetering. The6 keep getting draws, which is fine as long as they win their home games, which they always seem too. I’m sure the distance teams have to travel to their place is a factor. It’s some off for that team, whereas for away games , Plymouth are used to it, and scrap a draw. We need that to change.

Town HAVE to now put a run of back to back wins together. It’s HAS to start NOW. Do that it’ll build pressure on the other two. Our next 7-8 games are all, bar one, very winnable. The home game v Sheffield is a must win and definitely a must not lose, game. Fail and it’s PO’s

I think with the new players in it’ll give us impetus , and I can see us going on a run now.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 10:56 - Jan 17 with 3889 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Feel very calm.

We are 2 years in to new ownership, Mckenna's first full season. He's still learning.

We are playing great football, only lost 3 games. 4 points off 2nd. Dominating stats. Still loads to play for.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 10:57 - Jan 17 with 3883 viewsMattinLondon

I’m still confident but fully aware of what we need in order to go up automatically.

15 wins from the last twenty games. A huge but not unrealistic aim.
Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 11:04 - Jan 17 with 3850 viewsChorleyBoy

We have some great new signings and people are writing off our direct promotion hopes already without even seeing them play. It's ludicrous.

I've decided not to get unnecessarily despondent about last weekend. It's not good for me, other fans or the atmosphere at PR.

We're going up.
Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 11:22 - Jan 17 with 3708 viewsFrimleyBlue

Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 10:57 - Jan 17 by MattinLondon

I’m still confident but fully aware of what we need in order to go up automatically.

15 wins from the last twenty games. A huge but not unrealistic aim.

Bit of belief from players wouldn't go a miss tho.
# we should be there or thereabouts#

Oh goodo thereabouts.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 13:14 - Jan 17 with 3268 viewsghostofescobar

I am now thinking that the play offs are a more realistic outcome now. It's not so much that we have gone bad, it's just that Plymouth and Wednesday look very good. The play offs hadn't really come into my mind until around a month ago, but the other two teams don't seem to be wobbling and, to be fair to them, look very good. The flip side to my muddled thoughts is that at the beginning of the season I thought auto promotion, or even the play offs, may be just a step too far in KM's first full season, and with so much at the club needing mending, on and off the field. We just can't afford too many slip ups now between now and the end of the season.

GhostOfEscobar

Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 13:20 - Jan 17 with 3231 viewsLeoMuff

Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 13:14 - Jan 17 by ghostofescobar

I am now thinking that the play offs are a more realistic outcome now. It's not so much that we have gone bad, it's just that Plymouth and Wednesday look very good. The play offs hadn't really come into my mind until around a month ago, but the other two teams don't seem to be wobbling and, to be fair to them, look very good. The flip side to my muddled thoughts is that at the beginning of the season I thought auto promotion, or even the play offs, may be just a step too far in KM's first full season, and with so much at the club needing mending, on and off the field. We just can't afford too many slip ups now between now and the end of the season.

Plymouth have tough run of games coming up, they will surely drop some points and we are capable of putting a run together, we need to prep for the play offs though and get some resiliance quick sharp.

Argyle have Wednesday, Portsmouth, Oxford, Peterborough, Charlton, Barnsley and Derby all in just over a month, if they come out of that in top spot no one is stopping them.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 13:24 - Jan 17 with 3208 viewsunstableblue

Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 10:16 - Jan 17 by davblue

It's strange we are so dominant pretty much most of the time, we generally defend well, limit teams to hardly any shots but we concede frustrating goals. Up top is undoubtedly where we need to improve, chances created, taking more of our chances, if we do that over the rest of the season and lets face it it's hinging on Hurst and Broadhead coming in and getting the ball rolling, i also think we will be ok.

I still think we are a couple of players short of being a really good side at this level rather than appearing to be one.

A number 10 who looks after the ball to allow us to get up the pitch more and a box to box midfielder who can get on the end of things.

Our inability to get the second and third gaols when dominant, means teams still have a chance, and critically some belief going into the last 5 mins and injury time of the game.

Morsy has got to do better after the cut back from Hirst. Smash it away. He was doing that for fun last season.

Oxford were godo opponents, but after we scored the second their heads dropped and then we continued to go for the jugular.

Once we score that for me is that is time to ramp it up even further and go for the jugular.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 13:41 - Jan 17 with 3147 viewsOsborneOneNil

Still proper peeved we conceded that late goal. More gutted for my 2 lads who adore the Town (despite living in Dorset) and keep having these hammer blows when we make the trips to watch.

My confidence in a top 2 finish took a whack Saturday. My belief has waned a touch.

I do, however, feel we can still come top 2, and I pray we do as I would have zero confidence in making it through the play offs. We'll need to be on it now, with little room for late goals or draws.
Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 13:43 - Jan 17 with 3134 viewslazyblue

I honestly don’t feel Plymouth and sheff wed will have this dip everyone is waiting for.
Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 15:06 - Jan 17 with 2969 viewsStewart27

Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 10:06 - Jan 17 by unstableblue

I thought the atmosphere, passion and occasion - the sheer scale of 29k+ fans back in Portman Road - showed how far we’ve come as a club and should be celebrated.

I’m still annoyed on 4 counts:
- the players got overwhelmed by the occasion and were error strewn for the first 20-30mins, Donacien particularly bad, I thought we’d fixed this against Derby/ Pompey
- Harness and Morsy take their chances and we perhaps win
- We sat deep, not helped by the subs and allowed pressure
- Both Humphreys and Burgess could have done better to close the runner and prevent the shot

But how do I feel - upbeat, loving this season, but fully aware that we are up against two very strong teams, one with a very good squad, the other further along in their project. And indeed we didn’t lose Saturday and if they’d scored that sitter perhaps they’d have won.

Will they falter and allow us to capilitise? I’m not so sure. But our two new signings are game changers and we just need to get that run going to put pressure back up.

Very excited to see Broadhead and what he can do.

We need a minimum of 7 points from next 3 league games… then we’ll try again to manage the big occasion against the Owls. Another Huge game in a memorable season.

Am I enjoying going to PR again - too right!

I like your posts and I share a lot of your views.

With regards to sitting deep, we didn’t do this until the very end. After that long break up of play. But when we did you could just feel it coming.

Keep up the positivity and I hope PR can remain a place for us to really enjoy for the rest of the season!!
Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 15:18 - Jan 17 with 2898 viewspositivity

Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 13:43 - Jan 17 by lazyblue

I honestly don’t feel Plymouth and sheff wed will have this dip everyone is waiting for.

why? what makes them infallible for you?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 15:31 - Jan 17 with 2858 viewsbackwaywhen

I’m still confident we will go up in the top 2 , agreed we need to stop shipping late goals , as every team we play will always think they will get that final chance against us .
Dreading the play offs if it has to be , simply because I would miss the final as her indoors has booked a cruise on same date . …….. now that would pizz me off. !
Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 15:57 - Jan 17 with 2787 viewssuffolkpoker

Then we win the play offs! Top 2 is still up for grabs but we have to keep close.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Now the dust has settled from Saturday... on 15:59 - Jan 17 with 2770 viewsMattinLondon

They still have to play Sheff W, Peterborough and Barnsley away from home with Derby at home. There’s a lot still to play for. And they won’t win all of their other matches.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024