Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday 08:13 - Jan 5 with 4212 viewsSlimitfc91

Would do better than any of the current dross we play up front
Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 08:17 - Jan 5 with 4154 viewsmjw_1983

Bet he was offside
[Redacted] on 08:17 - Jan 5 with 4154 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 08:17 - Jan 5 with 4149 viewsElderGrizzly

He’d certainly be further up the pitch than anyone else…
Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 08:19 - Jan 5 with 4116 viewsSitfcB

He’s been in Ipswich every day for the last however many years.

It’s almost like he lives there…

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 08:20 - Jan 5 with 4072 viewsFixed_It

You should have flagged him down...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 08:21 - Jan 5 with 4057 viewsitfctilidie

Footballer spotted in home town exclusive
Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 08:22 - Jan 5 with 4029 viewsBloomBlue

Evidence?
Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 08:40 - Jan 5 with 3839 viewsdavblue

Bonne is ok, but i don't see where the clamor for his signature is coming from.

He had a fantastic 3 months, then his form fell off a cliff. I understand he had some personal issues but he would be a risky signing if we are expecting him to come in and score goals, which under McKenna he hasn't done. If we are at the end of the window and we haven't got anyone in then i would take him to give us another option but i personally don't see him being anywhere near the top of our list.
Login to get fewer ads

[Redacted] on 08:48 - Jan 5 with 3704 viewsvictorywilhappen

Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 08:40 - Jan 5 by davblue

He had a fantastic 3 months, then his form fell off a cliff. I understand he had some personal issues but he would be a risky signing if we are expecting him to come in and score goals, which under McKenna he hasn't done. If we are at the end of the window and we haven't got anyone in then i would take him to give us another option but i personally don't see him being anywhere near the top of our list.

[Redacted]
Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 08:53 - Jan 5 with 3631 viewsdavblue

[Redacted] on 08:48 - Jan 5 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he trains with us.
Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 09:00 - Jan 5 with 3536 viewshomer_123

Is Mr Offside the answer? by homer_123 4 Jan 2023 20:00
Joking aside, we know how much he loves the club but does he fit the KM mould?

I'm not sure he would be the answer to pur striker issue. Love his desire and commitment and he most definitely can perform at this level.

I think, however, to get the best from him, KM would need to change our approach and I don't think that would be a good thing right now.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 09:14 - Jan 5 with 3409 viewsitfcjoe

The interesting thing for me is that McKenna spoke a lot to him over the summer so clearly hadn't shut the door on him despite his poor goalscoring form under KM.

I personally don't see it happening, and wouldn't really want it to - but when you look at his goal record over the last few seasons it is difficult to find someone available who could match it

17/18 - National League - 25 goals - 0.51g/90
18/19 - National league - 24 goals - 0.50g/90
19/20 - Champiosnhip - 11 goals - 0.42g/90
20/21 - Championship - 3 goals - 0.25g/90
21/22 - League 1 - 12 goals - 0.39g/90

It's 4 decent seasons out of 5 for him where he has scored basically a goal every 180 minutes- even in his down season it would have still been 12 goals in a Champ season if he had played every minute.

Whilst some think he is only wanted back because he is an Ipswich fan, they go too far the other way and really denigrate and downplay his goalscoring ability

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 09:20 - Jan 5 with 3309 viewsNazemariner

Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 08:17 - Jan 5 by mjw_1983

Bet he was offside

Ladapo was most likely stood next to him then.
Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 09:25 - Jan 5 with 3262 viewshype313

Given he lives in Ipswich, it's hardly a surprise.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 09:26 - Jan 5 with 3264 viewsdavblue

Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 09:14 - Jan 5 by itfcjoe

The interesting thing for me is that McKenna spoke a lot to him over the summer so clearly hadn't shut the door on him despite his poor goalscoring form under KM.

I personally don't see it happening, and wouldn't really want it to - but when you look at his goal record over the last few seasons it is difficult to find someone available who could match it

It's 4 decent seasons out of 5 for him where he has scored basically a goal every 180 minutes- even in his down season it would have still been 12 goals in a Champ season if he had played every minute.

Whilst some think he is only wanted back because he is an Ipswich fan, they go too far the other way and really denigrate and downplay his goalscoring ability

The big question is does he fit in with McKenna's style or how he see's a striker playing in his team?

All fair points that you've pointed out but if we'd have really wanted him in the summer they would have bit the bullet i'm sure. I don't think he would be a disaster by any means but i'm not sure he's a massive upgrade on Ladapo despite the goals he's scored in the Championship which Ladapo hasn't!
Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 09:29 - Jan 5 with 3229 viewshype313

Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 09:26 - Jan 5 by davblue

The big question is does he fit in with McKenna's style or how he see's a striker playing in his team?

All fair points that you've pointed out but if we'd have really wanted him in the summer they would have bit the bullet i'm sure. I don't think he would be a disaster by any means but i'm not sure he's a massive upgrade on Ladapo despite the goals he's scored in the Championship which Ladapo hasn't!

Bonne's scored 13 in the Championship and Ladapo 9.

In fact Ladapo had a PL goal to his name which Bonne doesn't.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 09:35 - Jan 5 with 3149 viewsle2blue

But despite speaking with him and saying that the door isn’t shut, when it came down to it KM choose to go for Ahadme even though Bonne was available and actively looking to move, kind of implies that KM doesn’t see him having a future at Ipswich.

Think it is probably best for both parties to move on.
Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 09:51 - Jan 5 with 2953 viewsCheltenham_Blue

“Clamour”?

Was that on here?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 09:53 - Jan 5 with 2938 viewsChrisd

Rumours he had signed for Leyton Orient. He'd be great signing for them, especially to help them with their promotion push in L2.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 10:14 - Jan 5 with 2759 viewsCityBlue

If we had the squad places he would certainly be signed up, no doubt, but we only have 2/3 spaces available (unless of course we terminate some of our own players contracts but we know that KMcK likes Jackson so not likely to happen).

I T I D

Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 10:42 - Jan 5 with 2583 viewsBrads

It seemed that the club thought we could do better than Bonne but ended up with Ahadme. A desperate signing late in the window as we needed to get an extra body in when we couldn’t land our targets. They can’t have done much homework on him (he looked useful against us?), otherwise presumably they’d have known what they were getting and he’d have been given more game time by KM since. I’m sure most fans would have preferred Bonne and maybe McKenna too given a straight choice between the two. Either it was too late by then or they just expected Ahadme to be better.

Essentially, a failure by Ashton et al as they didn’t get what they already knew we needed in the summer. Ahadme has generally been referred to as a developmental player by fans but I don’t think he was bought with that in mind, so it’s a generous way of looking at it. If we weren’t still in the honeymoon period with Ashton, I think they’d have been criticised for not bringing in someone closer to what was required. Ashton got off lightly because of the positive narrative surrounding the new regime and I can’t see him making the same mistake again in this window.
Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 11:11 - Jan 5 with 2449 viewsitfcjoe

Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 09:35 - Jan 5 by le2blue

But despite speaking with him and saying that the door isn’t shut, when it came down to it KM choose to go for Ahadme even though Bonne was available and actively looking to move, kind of implies that KM doesn’t see him having a future at Ipswich.

Think it is probably best for both parties to move on.

I don't disagree, and would be disappointed if we signed him as don't think he's a great fit - but think he is a lot better than some giving him credit for so just wanted to add a bit of balance.

He's a top end L1 striker for me, just one that needs to maybe play a more simpler style of football than we do

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 11:20 - Jan 5 with 2377 viewsportmanking

Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 11:11 - Jan 5 by itfcjoe

I don't disagree, and would be disappointed if we signed him as don't think he's a great fit - but think he is a lot better than some giving him credit for so just wanted to add a bit of balance.

He's a top end L1 striker for me, just one that needs to maybe play a more simpler style of football than we do

Your second paragraph nails it.

He's a good League 1 striker, one that at least two-thirds of the division would be happy with. However, his ball retention and general link-up play isn't good enough for the number nine role in a McKenna system.
Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 12:45 - Jan 5 with 2080 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Ladapo is better than him….

Poll: Our final position

Macauley Bonne in Ipswich yesterday on 13:06 - Jan 5 with 1952 viewsMetal_Hacker

Local paper up this way in Sheffield reporting the on Bonne

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/surprise-striker-on

Poll: If it were one or the other

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024