Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Manager 23 14:04 - Jan 4 with 5298 viewsBiGDonnie

Anyone won the Prem or champs league with Town yet?

I'm in 2033 and solidly a top7/8 Prem team. Have won the Europa Legaue once and the Championship in ten years. It's so difficult to break the top teams, Newcastle for example in the new season haven't conceded a goal in ten games FFS. I drew 0-0 at St James Park though!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Football Manager 23 on 14:07 - Jan 4 with 4173 viewsalial

Any interesting signings?
Football Manager 23 on 14:09 - Jan 4 with 4160 viewsBiGDonnie

Football Manager 23 on 14:07 - Jan 4 by alial

Any interesting signings?

Yeah a few, they're all regens now. Signed a wonderkid from Liverpool for £30m, developed him into a superstar and City just paid his £109m release clause ffs.

First season I didn't sign anyone til January window.

COYBs

Football Manager 23 on 14:10 - Jan 4 with 4152 viewsThisIsMyUsername

How are you only top 7/8 after 10 seasons?

On the last FM I played (2018) I was the biggest team in the world by that point with 5 back to back Prem titles.

(I'm not trying to brag about my FM 'achievements'. Just surprised that's as far as you've gone).
[Post edited 4 Jan 2023 14:11]

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Football Manager 23 on 14:13 - Jan 4 with 4115 viewsBiGDonnie

Football Manager 23 on 14:10 - Jan 4 by ThisIsMyUsername

On the last FM I played (2018) I was the biggest team in the world by that point with 5 back to back Prem titles.

(I'm not trying to brag about my FM 'achievements'. Just surprised that's as far as you've gone).

Trust me I know. They've definitely tweaked it this year so it's not as easy. Normally 10 seasons in I'd have a load of trophies to brag about.

COYBs

Football Manager 23 on 14:20 - Jan 4 with 4018 viewsclive_baker

Have you still got any of the original squad?

I don't think I've ever got 10 seasons into a save, I lose interest when the players are regens.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Football Manager 23 on 14:21 - Jan 4 with 4013 viewsKieran_Knows

Can never play as Town on FM, my personal opinions on players in real life gets in the way of how good they are on FM, so I stick well away from them!

FC Vaduz for me again this year!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Football Manager 23 on 15:29 - Jan 4 with 3759 viewsBiGDonnie

Football Manager 23 on 14:20 - Jan 4 by clive_baker

Have you still got any of the original squad?

I don't think I've ever got 10 seasons into a save, I lose interest when the players are regens.

Not anymore. Woolf was the last to go and was solid in the Prem for a couple seasons.

COYBs

Football Manager 23 on 15:31 - Jan 4 with 3724 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Yep won two prems, and all the other trophies except the UCL, which is proving very hard to do.

Im in 2035.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Football Manager 23 on 15:34 - Jan 4 with 3689 viewsWeirdFishes

I’ve not started 23 yet but on my last 22 save in 8 years or so I’ve just won the PL and Champions League double.

Walton still my number 1 goalkeeper and Louie Barry a club legend approaching his testimonial!

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Football Manager 23 on 15:59 - Jan 4 with 3609 viewsBiGDonnie

Football Manager 23 on 15:31 - Jan 4 by TRUE_BLUE123

Yep won two prems, and all the other trophies except the UCL, which is proving very hard to do.

Im in 2035.

No one likes a show off

Seriously though that's very good. I've got two seasons to win everything and catch you up?

COYBs

Football Manager 23 on 16:13 - Jan 4 with 3570 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Football Manager 23 on 15:59 - Jan 4 by BiGDonnie

No one likes a show off

Seriously though that's very good. I've got two seasons to win everything and catch you up?

I still wont have won the UCL by then, get knocked out by Man City every single year, Haaland still going strong.

I do agree with what said above about the game being harder though, in previous games once the first title was won it was fairy simple to retain, much harder this year.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Football Manager 23 on 17:40 - Jan 4 with 3424 viewsAce_High1

Not interested in being Ipswich, I started my first game with England to play the World Cup and won that against the Dutch on penalties. Resigned end of December as did not want to wait 18 months until Euro 2024 for the next major tournament.

Went on holiday rest of the season and then applied for Man Utd, Roma and Inter Milan jobs end of the season. Got offered all three but choose Roma as liked the look of the squad. Now half way through the second season, top of Serie A and through to knockout stages of Europa League.
Football Manager 23 on 17:41 - Jan 4 with 3417 viewsDubtractor

Football Manager 23 on 14:10 - Jan 4 by ThisIsMyUsername

The last couple of FMs have been more difficult to break into the elite clubs.

I'm in my 6th season though, got up through League one and the Championship with a bit of momentum, and well established in the Premier League with 15th, 5th and 9th place finishes so far.

Woolfy, Edmundson, Davis and Walton were still with me for the first 2 topflight seasons.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2023 17:45]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Football Manager 23 on 17:42 - Jan 4 with 3414 viewsclive_baker

What do people start on by way of playing experience / badges?

Football Manager 23 on 20:56 - Jan 4 with 3256 viewsCuffy81

I have 23, but currently enjoying my 20 game with Brum, had a big falling out with Marcus Evans so ended up there,

Any considerable difference with 23? Gegenpress seems so over powered on 20, playing vertical tika-taka myself
Football Manager 23 on 09:30 - Jan 5 with 2969 viewsbrazil1982

I'm currently in my 15th season with Ipswich on FM19, and I've won all major honours, with a new stadium holding 65,000. Connor Chaplin is the current England boss too.
Football Manager 23 on 09:33 - Jan 5 with 2964 viewsbrazil1982

Football Manager 23 on 17:42 - Jan 4 by clive_baker

What do people start on by way of playing experience / badges?

I usually start with a non league club and progress from there, building my reputation and win ratio.
Football Manager 23 on 11:37 - Jan 5 with 2892 viewswiganblue

I hope you don't mind me jumping on this post but I have just sold my PC as I want to get a laptop but I do not know where to begin. What do you guys use / recommend? I don't want to spend crazy for an overpowerd machine but I do want something that will last for a good few years. Thank you.
Football Manager 23 on 11:42 - Jan 5 with 2882 viewsclive_baker

Football Manager 23 on 09:33 - Jan 5 by brazil1982

I usually start with a non league club and progress from there, building my reputation and win ratio.

Same, I like to look at the media prediction and pick one of the least fancied sides in the lowest division playable.

Football Manager 23 on 11:45 - Jan 5 with 2877 viewsmrfixit426

Football Manager 23 on 11:37 - Jan 5 by wiganblue

I hope you don't mind me jumping on this post but I have just sold my PC as I want to get a laptop but I do not know where to begin. What do you guys use / recommend? I don't want to spend crazy for an overpowerd machine but I do want something that will last for a good few years. Thank you.

Depends on what type of games you're wanting to play, and of course what your budget is.
Football Manager 23 on 11:55 - Jan 5 with 2857 viewsNORFOLK_BLUE

I usually download a lower league expantion pack and try to go from non league to champs league as qucik as possible. Can't apply for jobs, only accept those offered to you.
Currently have Felixstowe in the national league south. But have no money and board wont turn pro so just relying on picking up released players and hoping one or two are worth a few quid. Keeping an eye out for the Town job but Steve Morrison seems to have got them in and around the Championship play-offs at the moment.
Football Manager 23 on 11:56 - Jan 5 with 2844 viewsFrimleyBlue

Football Manager 23 on 11:37 - Jan 5 by wiganblue

Got my boy a galaxy 360 Pro for Xmas.. it's a great laptop/tablet.

Plays fm23 on it easily.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Football Manager 23 on 12:31 - Jan 5 with 2793 viewsDecageBruce

Funnily enough I finally downloaded it last night.

Pre Season went well and unbeaten while rotating squad. Signed a young Man Utd Right back, as Burns didn't seem to be doing it for me either there or further up the field, and a young CB/DMC.

Morsey injured 20 mins into first game and out for 5 months. lost 1-0 to Bolton at home and drew 1-1 with Forrest Green away. By that time it was late and it was switch off or throw laptop so I will carry on with a cooler head this evening
Football Manager 23 on 13:06 - Jan 5 with 2718 viewsFarmerBlue95

Long time reader first time poster etc etc

What is peoples secret/tactic for doing the stereotypical ‘won the champions league in 5 seasons etc’
Played FM for years and have had reasonable success in lower leagues but can never seem to do much better than be a paul warne/Neil warnock type manager in terms of struggling the higher up the pyramid I go
Even if I cheat and start a save with a top team I rarely do more than win a cup or two and finish top 6
Just wondered if there’s something obvious im missing
Football Manager 23 on 14:12 - Feb 28 with 1931 viewswiganblue

What formation do you use and tactics? I've come back to FM after a couple of years away and finding it difficult to score goals.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024