Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. 10:01 - Dec 16 with 3051 viewsOwainG1992

Just saw this post on the Twitter and someone replied with Kevin Beattie.

A non Ipswich one which came to mind for me and someone I'd have loved to have seen play for us in his prime is Matt Jansen from Blackburn.

I would put Teddy Bishop on the list as I think he'd have pushed on so much more if not for all the injuries.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:02 - Dec 16 with 1886 viewsSitfcB

Jonny Williams
Alan Judge

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:04 - Dec 16 with 1865 viewsPhilTWTD

Tristan Nydam.
Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:05 - Dec 16 with 1844 viewsFrimleyBlue

Dyer

Le pen

Wickham

Dean Ashton

Owen hargreaves

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:07 - Dec 16 with 1853 viewshype313

Keiran McKenna
Dean Ashton
Tom Adeyemi

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:08 - Dec 16 with 1852 viewsITFC_Forever

Micheal Owen.

He was never the same after pulling up lame when through on goal at Elland Road one time.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:11 - Dec 16 with 1831 viewsMattinLondon

Billy Clarke.
Gerard Nash Would have made it but for injuries.
Kieron Dyer - would have played for Man U when they were great and would have won 100 caps.
Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:16 - Dec 16 with 1816 viewsStokieBlue

For an Ipswich-centric one then how about Reuser?

He would have probably been too good for us if he hadn't had the bad knee injury.
Imagine a fitter and faster Reuser. He played 24 times for Ajax in the 95 season and 22 times in the 96 season and just look at this squad he had to compete with:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994%E2%80%9395_AFC_Ajax_season

The other midfileders he was playing with included: Davids, Overmars, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Finidi, de Boer.

"Born in Amsterdam, Reuser began his career at Dutch club Ajax and, having joined at youth level, made the step up to play in the first team. He was a skilful, goal-scoring midfielder who looked capable of being a permanent fixture in the Dutch national setup. His career was looking very promising, but he suffered a serious knee injury, which appeared to end his Ajax career. He moved to another Dutch side, Vitesse Arnhem. It was here that Reuser made his one and only international appearance against Ghana in a friendly. He did not really hit it off at Vitesse and was re-signed by Ajax."

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:19 - Dec 16 with 1795 viewsPhilTWTD

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:11 - Dec 16 by MattinLondon

Billy Clarke.
Gerard Nash Would have made it but for injuries.
Kieron Dyer - would have played for Man U when they were great and would have won 100 caps.

Aiden Collins is another to add to the Town list.
Login to get fewer ads

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:24 - Dec 16 with 1782 viewsChurchman

One for the aged people: Ian Collard.

He was a midfielder at the club 1969-1976. He had about 90 appearances in that time. He was a good player that would have played a lot more, but for injury.
Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:28 - Dec 16 with 1768 viewshype313

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:19 - Dec 16 by PhilTWTD

Aiden Collins is another to add to the Town list.

As is Luciano Civelli

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:31 - Dec 16 with 1761 viewsRobTheMonk

Santi Cazorla. Brilliant little player who had constant ankle injuries and still managed to get himself back into the Spainish national team at the age of 34.
Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:31 - Dec 16 with 1762 viewshomer_123

Gascoigne.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:31 - Dec 16 with 1761 viewsMookamoo

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:28 - Dec 16 by hype313

As is Luciano Civelli

Wickham?

Looked like he was destined to be something quite special.
Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:32 - Dec 16 with 1751 viewsEwan_Oozami

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:08 - Dec 16 by ITFC_Forever

Micheal Owen.

He was never the same after pulling up lame when through on goal at Elland Road one time.

Didn't he also get a bad knee injury while playing for England at one point?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:33 - Dec 16 with 1745 viewsclive_baker

Dean Ashton didn't have the career he might've had it not been for injuries.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:33 - Dec 16 with 1739 viewshomer_123

Luc Nilis....I was there....ouch :(

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:38 - Dec 16 with 1725 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Mark Fish.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:38 - Dec 16 with 1726 viewshomer_123

Andre Dozzell - never the same when he played on when clearly injured making things much worse.

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:49 - Dec 16 with 1683 viewsGarv

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:38 - Dec 16 by homer_123

Andre Dozzell - never the same when he played on when clearly injured making things much worse.

It's always said his injury affected him so much, and I'm sure it did, but would he have ended up being a much different player to the one he is now?

He's always accused of going missing and not being physical enough, is that a result of that injury? Genuine question.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:54 - Dec 16 with 1662 viewsmonkeymagic

Jack Wiltshire
Matthew Bates
Jack Collison
Michael Bridges
Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:57 - Dec 16 with 1650 viewshomer_123

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:32 - Dec 16 by Ewan_Oozami

Didn't he also get a bad knee injury while playing for England at one point?

Crawled to the sidelines.

He's said himself he was never, ever the same after Elland Road - was 'always' on his mind when sprinting that it would go again and from thereon in, played within himself.

I think people forget just how good/ quick he was prior to that sometimes.

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:58 - Dec 16 with 1646 viewshomer_123

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 10:49 - Dec 16 by Garv

It's always said his injury affected him so much, and I'm sure it did, but would he have ended up being a much different player to the one he is now?

He's always accused of going missing and not being physical enough, is that a result of that injury? Genuine question.

For me, yeah, I think it had much more of an impact than was ever publicly said.

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 11:08 - Dec 16 with 1601 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Darren Anderton

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 11:17 - Dec 16 with 1565 viewsSuperblue95

Can’t believe nobody has said Mcgoldrick

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Footballers who could have done so much more if not for injuries.. on 11:17 - Dec 16 with 1563 viewsGlasgowBlue

Kevin Beattie

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024