Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So not much acknowledgment 00:14 - Dec 3 with 1624 viewsbluefunk

that we’re down to the bare bones in midfield and up front. KM had literally no options to change Morsy or Humphries, and only Jackson and Ahadme, who is only just back from injury, to replace the front 3. Of that 3 we know Ladapo has been struggling, so whoever led the line wasn’t 100%, and there was no Aluko, Harness or TJJ to bring on.

Any squad would struggle with that situation, maybe we will have better kuck in the second half of the season
So not much acknowledgment on 00:50 - Dec 3 with 1570 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We really can't complain about the strength of the starting eleven that we put out.

Hardly anyone else in this league has a string bench, let's not feel sorry for ourselves.

Other squads will have injuries too.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So not much acknowledgment on 08:22 - Dec 3 with 1442 viewsDubtractor

Agreed Funkers.

Evans
Ball
Camara
John Jules
Harness
Aluko

That's a hell of a list of players to be without, and massively impacts our ability to keep control of games. Think back to the first couple of months of the season, where we'd swap out the attacking unit on 65 minutes, and then completely control the last part of games. We simply can't do that now, and our starting options are picked without any choice required.

December is going to be a tough month, we just need to keep picking up points and get to January where we can make some additions.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So not much acknowledgment on 09:35 - Dec 3 with 1397 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So not much acknowledgment on 08:22 - Dec 3 by Dubtractor

Agreed Funkers.

Evans
Ball
Camara
John Jules
Harness
Aluko

That's a hell of a list of players to be without, and massively impacts our ability to keep control of games. Think back to the first couple of months of the season, where we'd swap out the attacking unit on 65 minutes, and then completely control the last part of games. We simply can't do that now, and our starting options are picked without any choice required.

December is going to be a tough month, we just need to keep picking up points and get to January where we can make some additions.

We still have a stronger first 11 than nearly all our rivals.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So not much acknowledgment on 09:36 - Dec 3 with 1391 viewsDubtractor

So not much acknowledgment on 09:35 - Dec 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Yes, and we're still second and getting decent results. But it is undoubtedly a reason why results have slipped a bit.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So not much acknowledgment on 10:04 - Dec 3 with 1355 viewsbluefunk

That’s true but yesterday they were able to bring in fresh kegs in a very physical competitive game, in key positions while Morsy and Humphries, for example were getting overrun - we had no answer to that. It’s no longer about just the starting 11.
So not much acknowledgment on 10:18 - Dec 3 with 1343 viewscbower

Yes but without quality and depth on the bench we cannot replace at 65 minutes like we could earlier in the season is the point people are making. This not only affects the final portion of the game, it impacts on our ability to press so hard for the whole 90. For example, earlier in the season, Ladapo could work his nuts off for an hour and be replaced by TJJ. Chaplin and Harness could go full pelt for 65-70 mins and on come Aluko and Edwards. Now Ladapo is being replaced on 80 minutes, Chappers is playing longer and the bench has more defensive strength than the attacking depth we had previously. Until tecently, Leigh's absence has meant the same. Davis rarely played beyond 70 minutes until Leigh got injured. Since then he has largely been legging up and down that flank for the whole game.Our whole game is suffering as a consequence despite, as you say, having a very strong starting 11 compared to most other sides.

bluescouser

So not much acknowledgment on 10:18 - Dec 3 with 1339 viewsFrimleyBlue

Do we not have any other squads other than the first team?

he HAD options, he chose to go with 4 defenders on the bench however.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So not much acknowledgment on 10:32 - Dec 3 with 1314 viewsbluefunk

So not much acknowledgment on 10:18 - Dec 3 by FrimleyBlue

Do we not have any other squads other than the first team?

he HAD options, he chose to go with 4 defenders on the bench however.

I’m not sure what point you’re making here? Who would you have had on the bench to replace/supplement Morsy or Humphries
Login to get fewer ads

So not much acknowledgment on 10:38 - Dec 3 with 1297 viewsFrimleyBlue

So not much acknowledgment on 10:32 - Dec 3 by bluefunk

I’m not sure what point you’re making here? Who would you have had on the bench to replace/supplement Morsy or Humphries

I wouldn't have replaced either specifically, but i'd have thrown someone else into the midfield to give them help. Even if it was Chiwera and you asked the other 2 to sit, whilst asking Chiwera to be the more advanced... etc

BUT that's for the manager to work out, not a supporter on a forum.

IF he felt he couldn't trust any other youngsters yesturday, then bin off the academy because personally it's terrible we're taking 4 defenders onto a bench AT HOME imo

Waka waka eh eh

So not much acknowledgment on 10:41 - Dec 3 with 1290 viewsFrimleyBlue

So not much acknowledgment on 10:18 - Dec 3 by cbower

Yes but without quality and depth on the bench we cannot replace at 65 minutes like we could earlier in the season is the point people are making. This not only affects the final portion of the game, it impacts on our ability to press so hard for the whole 90. For example, earlier in the season, Ladapo could work his nuts off for an hour and be replaced by TJJ. Chaplin and Harness could go full pelt for 65-70 mins and on come Aluko and Edwards. Now Ladapo is being replaced on 80 minutes, Chappers is playing longer and the bench has more defensive strength than the attacking depth we had previously. Until tecently, Leigh's absence has meant the same. Davis rarely played beyond 70 minutes until Leigh got injured. Since then he has largely been legging up and down that flank for the whole game.Our whole game is suffering as a consequence despite, as you say, having a very strong starting 11 compared to most other sides.

If you can't press, then slow the game down and keep hold of the ball.

We were winning. We should have controlled the 2nd half and dictated the tempo... we didn't.

Waka waka eh eh

So not much acknowledgment on 10:46 - Dec 3 with 1284 viewsbluefunk

So not much acknowledgment on 10:38 - Dec 3 by FrimleyBlue

I wouldn't have replaced either specifically, but i'd have thrown someone else into the midfield to give them help. Even if it was Chiwera and you asked the other 2 to sit, whilst asking Chiwera to be the more advanced... etc

IF he felt he couldn't trust any other youngsters yesturday, then bin off the academy because personally it's terrible we're taking 4 defenders onto a bench AT HOME imo

Do you ever tire of talking nonsense- having seen some of your posts on other threads it would appear not.
So not much acknowledgment on 10:52 - Dec 3 with 1258 viewsFrimleyBlue

So not much acknowledgment on 10:46 - Dec 3 by bluefunk

Do you ever tire of talking nonsense- having seen some of your posts on other threads it would appear not.

oh so no sharing of why you feel it's nonsense then, bravo.

good for you if you feel 4 defenders on the bench at home is good management, i expect better from a manager personally.

Waka waka eh eh

So not much acknowledgment on 10:53 - Dec 3 with 1260 viewscbower

So not much acknowledgment on 10:38 - Dec 3 by FrimleyBlue

Whilst the tone of your post is a bit over the top, the sentiment has some merit. U21 midfield players must surely be a better bench bet than 2 out and out central defenders and two full backs when you only have two central midfielders in your recognised first teamers. As to your other post about pressing and holding on to the ball, a reluctance to change shape to cou teract what's happening is a little evident at times. Our surrendering of possession last night in the second half to a mediocre team was both surprising and worrying too.

bluescouser

So not much acknowledgment on 10:58 - Dec 3 with 1247 viewsITFCBlues

So not much acknowledgment on 10:04 - Dec 3 by bluefunk

That’s true but yesterday they were able to bring in fresh kegs in a very physical competitive game, in key positions while Morsy and Humphries, for example were getting overrun - we had no answer to that. It’s no longer about just the starting 11.

Morsy and Humpheries played both Cup games. There is absolutely no excuses that KM can use having played them in these games. Not just one, but both! Utter madness.

They should've both been rested knowing they're our only midfield options currently

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

So not much acknowledgment on 11:05 - Dec 3 with 1214 viewspatrickswell

So not much acknowledgment on 10:58 - Dec 3 by ITFCBlues

Morsy and Humpheries played both Cup games. There is absolutely no excuses that KM can use having played them in these games. Not just one, but both! Utter madness.

They should've both been rested knowing they're our only midfield options currently

But with the exception of the three game week (Exeter, Portsmouth, Buxton), they are at least getting plenty of rest between games. And will continue to do so up to Boxing Day at least.
So not much acknowledgment on 11:05 - Dec 3 with 1214 viewsbluefunk

So not much acknowledgment on 10:52 - Dec 3 by FrimleyBlue

oh so no sharing of why you feel it's nonsense then, bravo.

good for you if you feel 4 defenders on the bench at home is good management, i expect better from a manager personally.

It’s nonsense because it comes from your constant search for negativity, so any point you may have is buried in a morass of that negativity. You say that it’s not for a supporter on a message board to do the managers job, then proceed to post countless opinions indicting that you are doing just that.

This is football, unexpected results happen (ask Argentina, Germany, or Belgium for example), the best team doesn’t always win, shots deflect off a defenders foot and fly into the only part of goal the keeper couldn’t reach and supporters talk bollix on a message board, for the avoidance of doubt, you’re consistently in that last category
So not much acknowledgment on 11:09 - Dec 3 with 1194 viewsFrimleyBlue

So not much acknowledgment on 11:05 - Dec 3 by bluefunk

It’s nonsense because it comes from your constant search for negativity, so any point you may have is buried in a morass of that negativity. You say that it’s not for a supporter on a message board to do the managers job, then proceed to post countless opinions indicting that you are doing just that.

This is football, unexpected results happen (ask Argentina, Germany, or Belgium for example), the best team doesn’t always win, shots deflect off a defenders foot and fly into the only part of goal the keeper couldn’t reach and supporters talk bollix on a message board, for the avoidance of doubt, you’re consistently in that last category

"then proceed to post countless opinions indicting that you are doing just that."

well yes, because that's what this place is for.

You asked me what I personally would have done.. I gave you the answer.

So you can't actually share why you feel it's nonsense, you just don't like a post that isn't positive. understood.

Waka waka eh eh

So not much acknowledgment on 11:12 - Dec 3 with 1190 viewsITFCBlues

So not much acknowledgment on 11:05 - Dec 3 by patrickswell

But with the exception of the three game week (Exeter, Portsmouth, Buxton), they are at least getting plenty of rest between games. And will continue to do so up to Boxing Day at least.

They both faded massivley 2nd half last night. Its no coincidence that they've both played both Cup games is it?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

So not much acknowledgment on 11:31 - Dec 3 with 1165 viewsBloomBlue

So not much acknowledgment on 10:32 - Dec 3 by bluefunk

Don't think we had to replace Morsey or Humphreys, I think he could have gone 4-4-2 put Leigh on the left & KVY on the right of a 4 man midfield with Jackson & Ahadme as the 2 up top.
So not much acknowledgment on 11:34 - Dec 3 with 1153 viewsAlanG296

So not much acknowledgment on 11:31 - Dec 3 by BloomBlue

Don't think we had to replace Morsey or Humphreys, I think he could have gone 4-4-2 put Leigh on the left & KVY on the right of a 4 man midfield with Jackson & Ahadme as the 2 up top.

2 up top? By McKenna? Don't be silly!
So not much acknowledgment on 11:38 - Dec 3 with 1134 viewspointofblue

So not much acknowledgment on 10:58 - Dec 3 by ITFCBlues

I said before the Portsmouth match I would like to have seen the first XI play in the trophy and the reserves and academy players in the FA Cup. Despite Harness’ injury, I stick by that now. The Trophy was a good chance to get to Wembley and win a trophy - I don’t accept the sneering at the ‘tin pot’ remarks; a win is a win, but we’re never going to make the final stages of the FA Cup and we were playing Buxton with a five day turnaround.

Davis, Burns, Morsy, Humphreys, Chaplin, Edwards - NONE of them should have been on the pitch, particularly from the off.

Hladky, Agbaje, Vincent-Young, Keogh, Edmundson, Ward, Manly, Siziba, Chirewa, Jackson, Ahadme

If we’d lost it would be embarrassing and a replay would have been even worse. But it felt like our priorities were skewed and perhaps affected our performance yesterday.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So not much acknowledgment on 11:58 - Dec 3 with 1098 viewshadleighboyblue

So not much acknowledgment on 10:18 - Dec 3 by cbower

The starting line up was strong enough to have put the game to bed by halftime if we had pushed on from such a good start .

Relying on a single goal lead was always going to be dangerous , 2nd half was very poor .

It's a concern that we are asking a lot from Humphreys to play 90 minutes every game though . The likes of Burns and Chaplain have lost their edge
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024