Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As galling as last night’s result may be, it wasn’t as bad as 3rd March 2020 11:58 - Dec 3 with 289 viewsMiaow

Ipswich Town 0-1 Fleetwood Town

C. Evans 40’

Ipswich Town 0-1 Fleetwood Town - Match Report 3rd Mar 2020 21:55
Sub Ched Evans’s goal five minutes before half-time saw Fleetwood Town to a 1-0 victory over dismal Town on their first ever visit to Portman Road. The Blues were woeful in the first half but improved a little after the break but still rarely looked like equalising on a bleak and fractious night. 157

One of my most depressing Portman Road experiences. And we followed it up with another 0-1 home defeat to Coventry on the Saturday before all football was halted. For me, that game was arguably as bad as the Fleetwood one as we were impotent and ultimately pretty comfortably beaten and I was left feeling so hopeless about the club. We ended that first season in League One with four straight defeats, seven in nine, and Lambert was sitting on his ludicrous bumper contract.

We might still be in the same division and a long way off promotion as we have 26 matches left to play, but we are obviously in a much better place now.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024