Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
stadium announcer 22:39 - Nov 13 with 4658 viewsfinidi_whooah

For all the positives that have been happening on and off the pitch for past 18 months there is one thing that really irritates me. Stephen foster as stadium announcer. When he reads out the lineups just before Kickoff its as if he doesn't know the lineup until the player is up on the big screen. When Rob Chandler read out the teams it seemed to flow nicely where as Foster bumbles through. There was also a horrible crackle every time his mic was turned on to announce a sub yesterday. On a seperate note, why did the lights in the stands stay on after halftime?
stadium announcer on 23:08 - Nov 13 with 3690 viewsSitfcB

Yeah, the lights being left on was annoying haha glad someone else noticed.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

stadium announcer on 08:33 - Nov 14 with 3385 viewsDJR

Sitting in upper SBR, I can rarely make out a word that is said over the announcement system.
stadium announcer on 09:08 - Nov 14 with 3291 viewsEddyJ

Not sure he has the right "voice" to work over a PA system.

Also, the halftime interviews don't work. He is still stuck in radio DJ mode. He needs to stir up the crowd more. Bring back the boatiful game or the kids playing 5-a-side.
stadium announcer on 09:11 - Nov 14 with 3267 viewsEddyJ

On a related note, did they even read out the half time scores in the Cheltenham game?
stadium announcer on 09:18 - Nov 14 with 3215 viewsBlueRaider

stadium announcer on 09:11 - Nov 14 by EddyJ

On a related note, did they even read out the half time scores in the Cheltenham game?

No, I don't think they did

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

stadium announcer on 09:19 - Nov 14 with 3213 viewsTractorCam

The speakers/ sound system/ PA has broken, I walked past PR yesterday and Coldplay was on repeat. Must admit playing the song "Fix you" when repairing speakers is quite apt.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

stadium announcer on 09:21 - Nov 14 with 3195 viewsBobsthename

He is awful announcer just doesn’t carry himself on the mic very well comes over all docile.
stadium announcer on 09:25 - Nov 14 with 3172 viewsITFC_Forever

Yep, nice guy and bastion of the local radio and music scene that he is, stadium announcing for a football match isn't his best suit.

Bring back Rob C.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

stadium announcer on 09:40 - Nov 14 with 3081 viewsGarv

stadium announcer on 08:33 - Nov 14 by DJR

Sitting in upper SBR, I can rarely make out a word that is said over the announcement system.

Whereabouts? It's pretty clear on the right hand side these days, the issue is when you get interference which was shocking on Saturday. Holland and Milton were squirming in the dugout because they could hear it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

stadium announcer on 09:48 - Nov 14 with 3059 viewsWickets

Chandler is a pretty tough act to follow .He was a legend at the play off final I remember.
stadium announcer on 10:26 - Nov 14 with 2933 viewsDJR

stadium announcer on 09:40 - Nov 14 by Garv

Whereabouts? It's pretty clear on the right hand side these days, the issue is when you get interference which was shocking on Saturday. Holland and Milton were squirming in the dugout because they could hear it.

I'm in section 3 about half-way up which is the left-hand side looking at the pitch.
stadium announcer on 10:39 - Nov 14 with 2892 viewsWhos_blue

stadium announcer on 09:08 - Nov 14 by EddyJ

Not sure he has the right "voice" to work over a PA system.

Also, the halftime interviews don't work. He is still stuck in radio DJ mode. He needs to stir up the crowd more. Bring back the boatiful game or the kids playing 5-a-side.

I loved the boatiful game.
It was such a chronic pun that it was excellent!

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

stadium announcer on 10:41 - Nov 14 with 2888 viewsellaandred

And how many times does he mention 'The Big Screen' ?
Must be on a bonus to mention it.
He is very poor, better suited to a school fete.
stadium announcer on 10:45 - Nov 14 with 2852 views66notout

stadium announcer on 09:40 - Nov 14 by Garv

What are Holland and Milton doing in the dug-out?
stadium announcer on 10:49 - Nov 14 with 2824 viewsBasuco

The music volumes/clarity are getting better and very nearly there, but the announcer mike level is still too low, in the lower Cobbold, I would not put the major blame on SF, David Vamp does a great job in the fan zone on the mike and would like to hear him in the stadium if a stand in is needed at some point. Come on you super Bloooos as he would say.
stadium announcer on 11:07 - Nov 14 with 2723 viewsGarv

stadium announcer on 10:45 - Nov 14 by 66notout

What are Holland and Milton doing in the dug-out?

Half time interview.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

stadium announcer on 11:14 - Nov 14 with 2711 viewsBlueStreak

Section B upper Cobbold went from not being able to hear the PA at all to it being the loudest thing I've ever heard Saturday.

Surely they have time to check this during the week? Bit embarrassing really and a shame the MH and SM interviews couldn't be finished on a special day for them
stadium announcer on 11:28 - Nov 14 with 2642 viewshadleighboyblue

stadium announcer on 09:25 - Nov 14 by ITFC_Forever

Yep, nice guy and bastion of the local radio and music scene that he is, stadium announcing for a football match isn't his best suit.

Bring back Rob C.

even the choice of music is boring , the whole presentation needs something to get the crowd up , not send them to sleep .
stadium announcer on 12:12 - Nov 14 with 2522 viewsdickie

stadium announcer on 09:25 - Nov 14 by ITFC_Forever

Bring back Rob C.

Why did Rob Chandler leave?
stadium announcer on 12:16 - Nov 14 with 2503 viewsEastTownBlue

stadium announcer on 12:12 - Nov 14 by dickie

He seems more than happy to be back watching in the stands.
stadium announcer on 12:17 - Nov 14 with 2494 viewsITFC_Forever

stadium announcer on 12:12 - Nov 14 by dickie

Not asked back after Covid, along with some of the other matchday presentation team.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

stadium announcer on 13:13 - Nov 14 with 2322 viewsEddyJ

I think many aspects of the in-stadium matchday experience need to be revamped.

The music is dull. The interviews are lethargic. There's nothing happening on the pitch at half time. They are not making the most of the screen (anagrams? Its a football match, not Only Connect).

The whole thing needs more bounce, more spectacle. The announcer is a symptom of the wider issue.
stadium announcer on 13:36 - Nov 14 with 2257 viewsellaandred

stadium announcer on 13:13 - Nov 14 by EddyJ

I think many aspects of the in-stadium matchday experience need to be revamped.

The music is dull. The interviews are lethargic. There's nothing happening on the pitch at half time. They are not making the most of the screen (anagrams? Its a football match, not Only Connect).

The whole thing needs more bounce, more spectacle. The announcer is a symptom of the wider issue.

I think they stopped half-time pitch activities because of the poor condition of the pitch. Extra people on the pitch (taking pens etc) would make it worse.
I thought the pitch on Saturday looked in poor repair particularly near the Cobbold stand.
stadium announcer on 13:43 - Nov 14 with 2227 viewslongtimefan

stadium announcer on 11:14 - Nov 14 by BlueStreak

Section B upper Cobbold went from not being able to hear the PA at all to it being the loudest thing I've ever heard Saturday.

Surely they have time to check this during the week? Bit embarrassing really and a shame the MH and SM interviews couldn't be finished on a special day for them

Never previous to this season had any problem with the sound in the Sir Alf Lower. This season however the intelligibility seems to have fallen massively, despite no obvious change in volume. It's not just my old ears either as my son has made similar observations.
stadium announcer on 15:36 - Nov 14 with 2048 viewsFifeITFC

stadium announcer on 09:21 - Nov 14 by Bobsthename

He is awful announcer just doesn’t carry himself on the mic very well comes over all docile.

Have to say, he sounds terrible. As much as I am sure he's a nice guy, he's not suitable for PA announcing. His dull, monotone voice, his unprofessional preparations.

I remember at the Palace pre-season friendly last season he just stuttered through the Town substitutions and then actually said "And err... Palace have made a few changes too" and left it at that!

I genuinely can't stand hearing his voice on the PA. He just doesn't have the personality, enthusiasm and passion to speak to 20,000+ people in a stadium.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024