Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nervous 20:38 - Oct 14 with 1609 viewsKungfuBlue

We’ve won the last 3, we’re playing some of the best football we’ve played for years, we’re undefeated at home this season, we have one of the most talented young managers in the country and still I’m nervous about tomorrows game! Bonkers really!
Nervous on 20:41 - Oct 14 with 1567 viewsxrayspecs

Lincoln will be a tough game. Very tight, very tactical. We will have to play very well to win.
Nervous on 20:43 - Oct 14 with 1560 viewsDavoIPB

Yep Lincoln not a bad side. Look well organised and athletic. Will not be an easy game.
Nervous on 20:44 - Oct 14 with 1552 viewsbournemouthblue

Nervous on 20:41 - Oct 14 by xrayspecs

Lincoln will be a tough game. Very tight, very tactical. We will have to play very well to win.

They'll be a tough opponent, not that anyone has really laid a glove on us at home so far

They'll take home from Morecambe's first half, albeit on a smaller pitch

Portman Road is a large playing surface, it gives us more space to play our passing game

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Nervous on 20:58 - Oct 14 with 1508 viewsericclacton

When we lose i get a very sore chin until we play again.

We could easily lose tomorrow simply because it's a game.

Nervous on 21:18 - Oct 14 with 1439 viewstextbackup

got some really really sht recent(ish) memories of us playing Lincoln, so to get one over them tomorrow would be delicious

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Nervous on 22:03 - Oct 14 with 1351 viewsRonFearonsHair

Being nervous about a game certainly beats the feeling of abivilance that has reared its head so often over the past 15 years or so.
Nervous on 06:38 - Oct 15 with 1133 viewsBigCommon

I think we've got enough about us to feel confident going into this one.. The beauty of having McKenna here, is that you know that once we've sparred with an opposition for 15-20 minutes, and it's not going to plan. He'll know why and tweak it slightly. And we've got the tools to do that within the squad. With most oppositions in this division, rather limited in there ability to change much, if we decide to mix it up..
We've had a whole week on the training pitch. There'll be a big crowd getting behind the team. We've got a few players, Fridge, Davis and Edwards in particular, imo, who are coming into some real form. And after digging out that result last week and the patience we showed for the 3-0 Cambridge result. I think the lads will be feeling very confident of winning this one. In one way or another.
Whether he starts or comes off the bench. I think Edwards is in the kind of mood to terrorise their defence. Lee Evans looked back to his best last week , too. And that's without mentioning Morsey, Harness,Burns, Chaplinn, Ladapo, all at our disposal. I think we'll be fine tomorrow.. Solid 2-0 prediction..
For a bit of fun, Davis to notch his first Town goal. COYB's
Nervous on 08:44 - Oct 15 with 973 viewsunstableblue

I hear you

I think if the crowd really back the team today, really roar them on, rather creating that nervous edge of some of our larger crowds we should have more than enough to sweep Lincoln aside

It seems the lads have had a good training week. We’re free of recent injuries. And we have momentum, and a great manager.

Time for the team to step up a gear now ahead of Derby!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

Nervous on 09:45 - Oct 15 with 857 viewsWallingford_Boy

Nervous on 20:41 - Oct 14 by xrayspecs

I kind of get what you’re saying, but it should be an easy win really, they aren’t great.

4-1

RIP Sir Bobby

Nervous on 09:51 - Oct 15 with 836 viewsNthQldITFC

Nervous on 06:38 - Oct 15 by BigCommon

I think we've got enough about us to feel confident going into this one.. The beauty of having McKenna here, is that you know that once we've sparred with an opposition for 15-20 minutes, and it's not going to plan. He'll know why and tweak it slightly. And we've got the tools to do that within the squad. With most oppositions in this division, rather limited in there ability to change much, if we decide to mix it up..
We've had a whole week on the training pitch. There'll be a big crowd getting behind the team. We've got a few players, Fridge, Davis and Edwards in particular, imo, who are coming into some real form. And after digging out that result last week and the patience we showed for the 3-0 Cambridge result. I think the lads will be feeling very confident of winning this one. In one way or another.
Whether he starts or comes off the bench. I think Edwards is in the kind of mood to terrorise their defence. Lee Evans looked back to his best last week , too. And that's without mentioning Morsey, Harness,Burns, Chaplinn, Ladapo, all at our disposal. I think we'll be fine tomorrow.. Solid 2-0 prediction..
For a bit of fun, Davis to notch his first Town goal. COYB's

I think you're right about Edwards. Now he's really getting into his stride, he brings a huge step up in potential as an individual threat. Along with that, we're adding some new variants to our tactical threats as a team, particularly Ball and Evans together with Morsy playing as a hybrid 8/10 to suffocate any teams who try to play us through the middle.

We were good already, but I think we're actually still improving quite quickly, and Camara is going to add more to that too. Not resting on our laurels, are we? Good times.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Nervous on 09:52 - Oct 15 with 835 viewsWickets

Same here !
Nervous on 10:13 - Oct 15 with 805 viewsnoggin

I think we'll steamroller them 5-0. A real message to the rest of the league.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Nervous on 10:35 - Oct 15 with 746 viewsDarth_Koont

I appreciate it’s easier said than done but getting an early lead in these games will be increasingly vital.

We’ve done well recently by tiring out the opposition and exploiting that later in games but don’t think that’s sustainable over a season. With more and more sides coming to PR to frustrate, we need to settle early and get early goals so the opposition have to open up and take a few chances to get back in the game.

So less trying to walk the ball into the net in first halves and more tempo and balls into dangerous areas. Added to which, I still think we give Ladapo too little service in the box when an attackable cross would really put the CBs under pressure.

Pronouns: He/Him

Nervous on 12:47 - Oct 15 with 631 viewsringwoodblue

The last 20 years of underachievement and disappointment has taught us to be nervous and I’m afraid it’s only going to get worse as the season progresses until we mathematically secure automatic promotion.

Playoffs and going to Wembley are great but I’m not sure my nerves could take it.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024