Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ 18:51 - Sep 7 with 5918 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Arrest them all for criminal damage.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 09:28 - Sep 8 with 919 viewsStokieBlue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 09:11 - Sep 8 by Leaky

Would be interesting to see what would happen, if an angry SUV owner catches a protester, in the act of fiddling around with his car. Wacked said protester with a baseball bat or other implement. What would happen. Is the car owner allowed to protect his property (he probably wouldn't know the protester was just letting air out of his tyre's) or SUV owner gets arrested.

Of course you're not allowed to hit someone with a baseball bat if they are fiddling around with your car.

You call the police, this isn't the US.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 09:41 - Sep 8 with 864 viewsEdwardStone

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 09:11 - Sep 8 by Leaky

Would be interesting to see what would happen, if an angry SUV owner catches a protester, in the act of fiddling around with his car. Wacked said protester with a baseball bat or other implement. What would happen. Is the car owner allowed to protect his property (he probably wouldn't know the protester was just letting air out of his tyre's) or SUV owner gets arrested.

I think if you whack someone around the head with a baseball bat, you would stand a good chance of killing them

And then spending a considerable length of time in prison

Gung-ho vigilatism is not a great idea at any time or in any circumstance
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 09:59 - Sep 8 with 835 viewsSeablu

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:52 - Sep 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

Please link where this action has led to drivers being sacked from their job. What do you do if you have a hospital appointment and your car has a puncture or breaks down? Don't you use an alternative method of getting there?

You seem to be pushing an extreme and unlikely consequence and trying to use it to justify your position on this.

What do you think happens if we collectively continue to do nothing about climate change?

He’s morphing into that Harry Enfield character that used to create ridiculous imaginary scenarios in his head to get very angry about.

‘If my wife started an affair with that bloke out of Emerson, Lake & Palmer, I’d be round his house like a flash. Oi, Palmer! Whilst I respect your part in the creation of numerous seminal rock classics..’

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 10:08 - Sep 8 with 824 viewsgiant_stow

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 09:59 - Sep 8 by Seablu

He’s morphing into that Harry Enfield character that used to create ridiculous imaginary scenarios in his head to get very angry about.

‘If my wife started an affair with that bloke out of Emerson, Lake & Palmer, I’d be round his house like a flash. Oi, Palmer! Whilst I respect your part in the creation of numerous seminal rock classics..’

You can see the guy got upset and is pretty down on life so why continue to stick it to him? Time to tuck away your language skills and be kind.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 10:38 - Sep 8 with 798 viewsLeaky

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 09:22 - Sep 8 by leitrimblue

Just wondering, whereabouts is your car parked at the moment Leaky?

Sorry I don't own a car. I have a VW Caddy for work which also use for pleasure.
However my point raised about this whole SUV protest is that among my client list are a fair few who own BMW X5 Range Rover & the such like. The reason they own this type of vehicle is because they are rather large blokes, Tyson Fury size. They just don't fit in your average family saloon. Therefore anyone messing around a vehicle and the safety of a vehicle may need reflect who they may encounter.
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 11:31 - Sep 8 with 770 viewsmonytowbray

I see the Guardian's GammonBait piece hooked a rent free room in the heads of a few posters.

Wonder when they'll cotton on there's a reason behind these protests much larger and more pressing than the actions? Hoped the penny would drop after the energy price rises post Insulate Britain during an awful heat wave and weather disasters but apparently not.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 11:33 - Sep 8 with 773 viewsleitrimblue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 10:38 - Sep 8 by Leaky

Sorry I don't own a car. I have a VW Caddy for work which also use for pleasure.
However my point raised about this whole SUV protest is that among my client list are a fair few who own BMW X5 Range Rover & the such like. The reason they own this type of vehicle is because they are rather large blokes, Tyson Fury size. They just don't fit in your average family saloon. Therefore anyone messing around a vehicle and the safety of a vehicle may need reflect who they may encounter.

Argh, come on, think we all know their mainly driven by yummy mummies. Obviously I feel their pain of these poor big lads. I'm a rather large bloke myself, but I still manage to squeeze myself into a normal size car so I'm sure they would be OK if they really tried
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 11:37 - Sep 8 with 766 viewsmonytowbray

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 10:38 - Sep 8 by Leaky

Does your work know you’ve been knobbing the exhaust on their vehicle?!

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 12:06 - Sep 8 with 722 viewsthe_toff

Why has this thread has caused so much backlash? Regardless of the rights and wrongs and people's right to protest, it probably is an arrestable offence. Whether letting someones tyres down is specifically an offence in itself or more broadly it would meet the definition of a public nuisance offence.

There are other ways to make a point that don't involve inconveniencing ordinary people. Some people have even reported having their Hybrid and Electric SUV's targteted which tells you how moronic some of these protestors are.

I wonder how many of the posters jumping up and down on this thread drive gas guzzlers to get them to their favourite steak houses, the hypocrites.
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 12:56 - Sep 8 with 677 viewsMattinLondon

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 12:06 - Sep 8 by the_toff

Why has this thread has caused so much backlash? Regardless of the rights and wrongs and people's right to protest, it probably is an arrestable offence. Whether letting someones tyres down is specifically an offence in itself or more broadly it would meet the definition of a public nuisance offence.

There are other ways to make a point that don't involve inconveniencing ordinary people. Some people have even reported having their Hybrid and Electric SUV's targteted which tells you how moronic some of these protestors are.

I wonder how many of the posters jumping up and down on this thread drive gas guzzlers to get them to their favourite steak houses, the hypocrites.

If you don’t inconvenience people then nothing will get done. People have known that the planet is dying for decades but nothing real has been done. ‘Here take a leaflet on climate change’. Yeah, that approach has served the environment well.
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 13:09 - Sep 8 with 647 viewsMookamoo

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 11:33 - Sep 8 by leitrimblue

Argh, come on, think we all know their mainly driven by yummy mummies. Obviously I feel their pain of these poor big lads. I'm a rather large bloke myself, but I still manage to squeeze myself into a normal size car so I'm sure they would be OK if they really tried

Had a fun conversation with a yummy mummy type this morning who started having a go because she couldn't get into her Range Rover Sport while it was parked next to my knackered Renault Scenic. I'm 6 foot and have had far too many biscuits - she was 5' 5" ish.

She didn't take kindly to the suggestion she gets a normal sized car and it would fit just fine.

The argument I often hear is they want their family to be safe and need a Range Rover/Discovery sized car in order to achieve that. I don't think they have ever considered what would happen to someone else's child should they get in their way.
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 13:14 - Sep 8 with 640 viewsmonytowbray

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 12:56 - Sep 8 by MattinLondon

If you don’t inconvenience people then nothing will get done. People have known that the planet is dying for decades but nothing real has been done. ‘Here take a leaflet on climate change’. Yeah, that approach has served the environment well.

From the history of talking about veganism on here much of this stems from denying core issues and disliking anything that holds up a mirror to self-reflection.

Give someone a leaflet and it’s forcing their opinion on you. Tell someone some facts about the fundamental issues and you’re judging them or they’ll rebuttal with some wrong/disingenuous quote they saw Darren Grimes retweet. Tell them you’ve made these changes yourself ans offer advice to encourage change and they’ll find any minor whattaboutery they can to believe the scales are even and “both sides” it. Logically explain why something is an unchangeable and undenialable core principle and you’re being unreasonable or are the real denialist.

And then there’s the annoyance these people have where they feel the side of the debate being ignored should wind its neck in if it wants real change or to win one over, which A) fails to note they already did and no one paid attention and B) ignores the fact that power structures committing white collar crime or human rights/eco abuses have already done far worse than any protest can.

[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 13:18]

TWTD never forgets…

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 13:20 - Sep 8 with 634 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 13:09 - Sep 8 by Mookamoo

Had a fun conversation with a yummy mummy type this morning who started having a go because she couldn't get into her Range Rover Sport while it was parked next to my knackered Renault Scenic. I'm 6 foot and have had far too many biscuits - she was 5' 5" ish.

She didn't take kindly to the suggestion she gets a normal sized car and it would fit just fine.

The argument I often hear is they want their family to be safe and need a Range Rover/Discovery sized car in order to achieve that. I don't think they have ever considered what would happen to someone else's child should they get in their way.

Or for that matter what would happen if they met someone driving as fast as them in the middle of the road coming the other way.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 13:27 - Sep 8 with 618 viewsmonytowbray

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:13 - Sep 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

"I’m dying on the hill for the right for people to get through a day in this dreadfully sh**ty world that nobody really wants to be on but are just stuck in a life of existence until we eventually get the relief of death without having some tw*t making it worse on purpose."

Rommers, I am genuinely sorry that you are seeing the World like this at the moment...it is a feeling I have been all too familiar with at times in my life. I imagine many of the people carrying out the acts you disapprove off feel the same and are trying to make the World a more appealing place to exist. Hopefully you can find your own way of doing the same.
Hope you are ok fella xox

Individual choices will make the world a better place. We no longer have a free pass to be ignorant to the future or how we contribute to issues.

We have more power in our wallets than we do the ballot. No politicians near power have answers and no corporations/billionaires are interested in losing money implementing the answers.

The world is rubbish, but plenty of posters have forewarned where the world was heading and were called reactionaries or overruled by mob mentality.

In that regard it's a real shame Rommers feels that way, but some of us have felt it for years and have been trying to explain where the issues are. Instead we carry on getting annoyed by those trying to shake humanity out of a coma towards extinction - one that will be slow and result in endless suffering.

I don't think the short term convenience of materialism and consumption is worth the trade off. On the plus side, looking at these threads, it does appear the wider consensus now agrees. Silver linings.

TWTD never forgets…

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 13:37 - Sep 8 with 608 viewsEdwardStone

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 12:06 - Sep 8 by the_toff

Top Trolling Mr Toff

"Driving their gas guzzlers to their favourite steak house"

Arf-tastic nonsense
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 13:41 - Sep 8 with 592 viewsclive_baker

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 13:14 - Sep 8 by monytowbray

From the history of talking about veganism on here much of this stems from denying core issues and disliking anything that holds up a mirror to self-reflection.

Give someone a leaflet and it’s forcing their opinion on you. Tell someone some facts about the fundamental issues and you’re judging them or they’ll rebuttal with some wrong/disingenuous quote they saw Darren Grimes retweet. Tell them you’ve made these changes yourself ans offer advice to encourage change and they’ll find any minor whattaboutery they can to believe the scales are even and “both sides” it. Logically explain why something is an unchangeable and undenialable core principle and you’re being unreasonable or are the real denialist.

And then there’s the annoyance these people have where they feel the side of the debate being ignored should wind its neck in if it wants real change or to win one over, which A) fails to note they already did and no one paid attention and B) ignores the fact that power structures committing white collar crime or human rights/eco abuses have already done far worse than any protest can.

[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 13:18]

Ultimately I've come to the conclusion that people are just too selfish to take any personal responsibility or corrective action unless there's a threat to them that's closer than the end of their noses. I wonder what the vaccine takeup would've looked like if the benefit to society wasn't going to be felt for 50 years.

I don't think there are too many left who deny climate change or need convincing of its existance. Maybe a small % of people, but I think most people know it, they know the causes, broadly know the changes they could make in their own lives to help, but frankly don't want to. Don't want to compromise.

People deny it to try and justify to themselves their lack of initiative or tangible action on the subject.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 13:50 - Sep 8 with 570 viewsthe_toff

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 13:37 - Sep 8 by EdwardStone

Top Trolling Mr Toff

"Driving their gas guzzlers to their favourite steak house"

Arf-tastic nonsense

You keep grilling cows on your summer BBQ’s while denouncing people with big cars.

Arf-tastic
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 14:14 - Sep 8 with 557 viewsKievthegreat

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:20 - Sep 7 by MattinLondon

Last month there was a segment on ‘Newsnight’ about this. Many of the car owners were angry as their SUV was electric and significantly more environmentally friendly than many other cars.

Couldn't find the newsnight footage, but there was a C4 report and that had someone complaining as their car was a hybrid. Issue is, Hybrid covers a huge range of options. It can cover an otherwise normal car that has a very small battery to use at low speed (saving a few MPG) to a plug in hybrid that can drive for 50+ miles on electric and never drink any petrol.

The former emissions saving could more easily be gained by just driving a smaller car, so IMO shouldn't be seen as a solution. It's just a stop gap measure until electric becomes the norm. The later is better than a pure petrol car, but still far inferior emissions to a BEV emissions wise, especially once you get into long journeys when you've drained the battery.
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 14:25 - Sep 8 with 543 viewsmonytowbray

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 13:50 - Sep 8 by the_toff

You keep grilling cows on your summer BBQ’s while denouncing people with big cars.

Arf-tastic

What about me as a vegan who hasn’t had a car since no longer needing one for work?

Can I personally tell you to shut up and stop being a bellend from a pedestal? Seeing as that appears to be your only argument.

TWTD never forgets…

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 14:29 - Sep 8 with 533 viewsmonytowbray

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 14:14 - Sep 8 by Kievthegreat

Couldn't find the newsnight footage, but there was a C4 report and that had someone complaining as their car was a hybrid. Issue is, Hybrid covers a huge range of options. It can cover an otherwise normal car that has a very small battery to use at low speed (saving a few MPG) to a plug in hybrid that can drive for 50+ miles on electric and never drink any petrol.

The former emissions saving could more easily be gained by just driving a smaller car, so IMO shouldn't be seen as a solution. It's just a stop gap measure until electric becomes the norm. The later is better than a pure petrol car, but still far inferior emissions to a BEV emissions wise, especially once you get into long journeys when you've drained the battery.

Hybrid cars and the marketing around them is a form of greenwashing and misleading the consumer.

And also a privilege. You need money to own one. Until they are universally affordable through the second hand market to all car owners, as well as the infrastructure grants at home/in public to charge them on self-sufficient or renewable energy, it’s all a bit of a con.

TWTD never forgets…

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 14:33 - Sep 8 with 516 viewsthe_toff

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 14:25 - Sep 8 by monytowbray

What about me as a vegan who hasn’t had a car since no longer needing one for work?

Can I personally tell you to shut up and stop being a bellend from a pedestal? Seeing as that appears to be your only argument.

Nice bit of virtue signalling there fella. Have a sticker.
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 14:34 - Sep 8 with 515 viewsgiant_stow

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 14:29 - Sep 8 by monytowbray

Hybrid cars and the marketing around them is a form of greenwashing and misleading the consumer.

And also a privilege. You need money to own one. Until they are universally affordable through the second hand market to all car owners, as well as the infrastructure grants at home/in public to charge them on self-sufficient or renewable energy, it’s all a bit of a con.

I can actually see your point there, until the 'bit of con' bit at the bottom. New tech is always initially expensive and has to start somewhere and then improve. Certainly, as a semi-skint person, I'm fine with my cheap petrol 15 year old car as a next best option: use and re-use and all that...

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 14:36 - Sep 8 with 510 viewsmonytowbray

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 14:33 - Sep 8 by the_toff

Nice bit of virtue signalling there fella. Have a sticker.

Hey, it was your argument and point. You brought it up. You presented it as the GOTCHA moment it really wasn’t.

I’ll take the sticker and raise you a self-awareness gold star.

TWTD never forgets…

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 14:41 - Sep 8 with 488 viewsmonytowbray

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 14:34 - Sep 8 by giant_stow

I can actually see your point there, until the 'bit of con' bit at the bottom. New tech is always initially expensive and has to start somewhere and then improve. Certainly, as a semi-skint person, I'm fine with my cheap petrol 15 year old car as a next best option: use and re-use and all that...

Some things are bigger than profit and require urgent action. We should have initiatives and grants to roll out these things faster if they are going to be part of the solution. We also need to then support developing nations in adapting fast and ensure the energy charging them is green (not more fossil fuel burning that is out of sight/mind.

The market cannot innovate when all capital to innovate is in the hands of a select few who prioritise commercial space travel for the rich/themselves and unlikely fantasies of being King of Mars over saving the blue dot we’ll almost certainly be stuck on as it burns.

TWTD never forgets…

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 14:45 - Sep 8 with 472 viewsthe_toff

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 14:36 - Sep 8 by monytowbray

Hey, it was your argument and point. You brought it up. You presented it as the GOTCHA moment it really wasn’t.

I’ll take the sticker and raise you a self-awareness gold star.

Nope no ‘gotcha’ moment. Just pointing out the hypocrisy in lauding climate change protestors for their actions, defending them targeting innocent civilians in what is almost certainly a criminal act, because of their car (despite not knowing any of the circumstances around why they drive that car). As I said in my first post I dare say many of those being so vocal have no idea of their impact on the planet. They’re probably also driving gas guzzlers and consuming unfriendly products regularly.

Be the change you want to see I say. People are quick to judge but much slower to practice what they preach.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024