Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ 18:51 - Sep 7 with 5920 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Arrest them all for criminal damage.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 14:47 - Sep 8 with 319 viewsmonytowbray

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 14:45 - Sep 8 by the_toff

Nope no ‘gotcha’ moment. Just pointing out the hypocrisy in lauding climate change protestors for their actions, defending them targeting innocent civilians in what is almost certainly a criminal act, because of their car (despite not knowing any of the circumstances around why they drive that car). As I said in my first post I dare say many of those being so vocal have no idea of their impact on the planet. They’re probably also driving gas guzzlers and consuming unfriendly products regularly.

Be the change you want to see I say. People are quick to judge but much slower to practice what they preach.

Yeah but I agree with them and I’m a non-car owner vegan. Has it occurred maybe your whatteraboutery is projection based on assumptions in your own head? Or is there some facts/data to back this up?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 14:53 - Sep 8 with 295 viewsthe_toff

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 14:47 - Sep 8 by monytowbray

Yeah but I agree with them and I’m a non-car owner vegan. Has it occurred maybe your whatteraboutery is projection based on assumptions in your own head? Or is there some facts/data to back this up?

It wasn’t you I was replying to, if you care to remind yourself you replied to me. For what it’s worth you come from a position of integrity for the reasons you mention.

I find it somewhat hypocritical that Mr BBQ can jump on such a pedestal with zero hint or irony, and for the record it was he who responded somewhat rudely to my post to begin with.
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 14:56 - Sep 8 with 279 viewsmonytowbray

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 14:53 - Sep 8 by the_toff

It wasn’t you I was replying to, if you care to remind yourself you replied to me. For what it’s worth you come from a position of integrity for the reasons you mention.

I find it somewhat hypocritical that Mr BBQ can jump on such a pedestal with zero hint or irony, and for the record it was he who responded somewhat rudely to my post to begin with.

But you’ve also made some sweeping generalisations about those in said protest and I gather you aren’t operating from a place of integrity or action either.

Veganism isn’t your stick to beat others with when it suits you.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 15:06 - Sep 8 with 247 viewsleitrimblue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 13:09 - Sep 8 by Mookamoo

Had a fun conversation with a yummy mummy type this morning who started having a go because she couldn't get into her Range Rover Sport while it was parked next to my knackered Renault Scenic. I'm 6 foot and have had far too many biscuits - she was 5' 5" ish.

She didn't take kindly to the suggestion she gets a normal sized car and it would fit just fine.

The argument I often hear is they want their family to be safe and need a Range Rover/Discovery sized car in order to achieve that. I don't think they have ever considered what would happen to someone else's child should they get in their way.

I'm pretty sure there us no such thing as too many biscuits, let alone far too many biscuits. I have a job that often involves me having to drive through fields etc. The only way you can do this successfully is by driving rather expensive 4 wheel drive jeeps or really cheap cars that you don't mind if they get ruined. The most outstanding one was a fiat panda, I bought for €80 ( starter motor didn't work so had to park it on a hill or leave engine running). About 15 years ago me and another very large lad went to look at a job at a large Manor house in Co sligo ( was actually mountbattens old mansion). I called the landowner on arrival and he asked me just to open the gate and drive through the field. He said he would drive through from the other direction and meet me. Was an amazing scene then as he bounced through the field from one direction in a enormous 1980s Rolls Royce and and we bounced through the field from the opposite direction with about 30 odd stone of man squashed into front of the panda. Then had to leave the engine running as we talked business. Strangely didn't get the contract
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024