Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ 18:51 - Sep 7 with 5919 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Arrest them all for criminal damage.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:12 - Sep 7 with 1392 viewsNthsuffolkblue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:03 - Sep 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Maybe it is misplaced. I don’t even like SUVs. The point is that the person driving them hasn’t done anything other than driving a car someone else disagrees with.

And for that they’re having their life disrupted.

Do you not think in 2022 when the world is as awful as it is right now, people could just be nice to each other? Between now and 2025 mark my words will be the most people killing themelves than ever before. And obviously this isn’t the direct cause. But little acts of spitefulness to the wrong people at the wrong time are the final nails.

Life would be better if everyone was kind to each other. You are spot on there, Rommers, and I believe that is a fundamental principle of yours which makes you a decent person. However, life is a bit more nuanced and there are good reasons why disagreements happen. The root of this whole thread is the tension between rights and responsibilities. You have a view that rights trump responsibilities, but many hold them in a tighter balance or even put responsibilities higher.

It sounds like you have had a bit of a tough day for whatever reason. Look after yourself. Everyone on here wants you to be happy, safe and well, I am sure of that.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:13 - Sep 7 with 1390 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:54 - Sep 7 by The_Romford_Blue

I don’t get to decide what someone else drives. That’s not my right. Neither is it the right of the protesters. And neither should it be allowed that they can deliberately f**k up the SUV drivers day.

I’m not dying for the right for SUV drivers. I live in Romford. Unsurprisingly they’re aren’t many SUVs round these ends. I’m dying on the hill for the right for people to get through a day in this dreadfully sh**ty world that nobody really wants to be on but are just stuck in a life of existence until we eventually get the relief of death without having some tw*t making it worse on purpose. Just because they want to make someone’s life worse in the name of their cause.

This week they’re targeted because of what they drive. Next week it’s because of where they work. Week after that it’s because of the number of televisions they have. It’s just deliberately targeting people to make their lives worse. Nobody needs it. There’s enough sh*t going on. Everyone has their own problems. Everyone has their own challenges. Maybe I’m just soft. But this is the sort of small inconvenience that push people over the edge. Everyone is dealing with their own sh*t and this stuff doesn’t help.

"I’m dying on the hill for the right for people to get through a day in this dreadfully sh**ty world that nobody really wants to be on but are just stuck in a life of existence until we eventually get the relief of death without having some tw*t making it worse on purpose."

Rommers, I am genuinely sorry that you are seeing the World like this at the moment...it is a feeling I have been all too familiar with at times in my life. I imagine many of the people carrying out the acts you disapprove off feel the same and are trying to make the World a more appealing place to exist. Hopefully you can find your own way of doing the same.
Hope you are ok fella xox

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:13 - Sep 7 with 1390 viewsfactual_blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:03 - Sep 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Maybe it is misplaced. I don’t even like SUVs. The point is that the person driving them hasn’t done anything other than driving a car someone else disagrees with.

And for that they’re having their life disrupted.

Do you not think in 2022 when the world is as awful as it is right now, people could just be nice to each other? Between now and 2025 mark my words will be the most people killing themelves than ever before. And obviously this isn’t the direct cause. But little acts of spitefulness to the wrong people at the wrong time are the final nails.

Something like twenty thousand French civilians were killed by Allied bombing in the six weeks or so after D-Day. They had their lives, not disrupted, but ended. Right or wrong?

Is the answer perhaps, 'sort of wrong, but justifiable by the longer-term aim of defeating Nazi Germany'? Whilst the scale and gravity of this and tyre deflation are very different, the principle is much the same.

(I leave aside considerations of whether tactics like the carpet bombing of Caen were right).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:15 - Sep 7 with 1353 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:07 - Sep 7 by EdwardStone

Steady down there fella....

Nobody is trying to back you into a corner

I did try to buy some E5 petrol for my elderly motorbike near to Romford a week or 2 ago.... the petrol stations don't stock it because everyne drives a newish car was their explanation.
So, I kind of dispute your assertion that Romford folks don't drive modern, large(ish) cars.

Getting through this sh1tty life until the sweet release of Death????

Really???

With K McK at the helm???

There has naver been a better time to be alive. at least since G Burley

Or maybe SBR

Be Green Mr R... it's the future.

Well think about it.. we spend our lives waiting for a couple of days off if we’re lucky to watch a football match. Or go to the horse racing. Or whatever else. But what actually is the point? Do the benefits of society and the good times make up for the general cruelness that is the world. There’s people out their on the streets starving and freezing to death, pensioners having to get on the bus to stay warm and food banks in almost every town in a western civilised country like England. Whilst at the same time we’re led by c***s refusing to take any responsibility or act in any way to help because it doesn’t affect them. So then protest groups instead try to make the difference and take action but rather than go for the ones who make the decisions, it’s the little man who gets attacked and targeted. It’s bad enough having to stand and watch this sh*t but to then have it deliberately worsened just makes it worse. Strikes, protests, energy bills at an uncontrollable rate, crippling debt everywhere from every angle for everyone who isn’t already loaded and then then even the small things get robbed from society.

I don’t even know why I care. I can’t change anything. I am literally nothing in the context of the world

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:19 - Sep 7 with 1307 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Lucky I purchased that 5.0 v8 Mustang, and not an SUV…
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:19 - Sep 7 with 1305 viewsNthsuffolkblue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:15 - Sep 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Well think about it.. we spend our lives waiting for a couple of days off if we’re lucky to watch a football match. Or go to the horse racing. Or whatever else. But what actually is the point? Do the benefits of society and the good times make up for the general cruelness that is the world. There’s people out their on the streets starving and freezing to death, pensioners having to get on the bus to stay warm and food banks in almost every town in a western civilised country like England. Whilst at the same time we’re led by c***s refusing to take any responsibility or act in any way to help because it doesn’t affect them. So then protest groups instead try to make the difference and take action but rather than go for the ones who make the decisions, it’s the little man who gets attacked and targeted. It’s bad enough having to stand and watch this sh*t but to then have it deliberately worsened just makes it worse. Strikes, protests, energy bills at an uncontrollable rate, crippling debt everywhere from every angle for everyone who isn’t already loaded and then then even the small things get robbed from society.

I don’t even know why I care. I can’t change anything. I am literally nothing in the context of the world

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=ecclesiastes%201&version=NIV

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:21 - Sep 7 with 1299 viewsKropotkin123

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:13 - Sep 7 by factual_blue

Give them all medals.

Not sure they'd appreciate the mining of raw materials for a medal.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:22 - Sep 7 with 1299 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:13 - Sep 7 by factual_blue

Something like twenty thousand French civilians were killed by Allied bombing in the six weeks or so after D-Day. They had their lives, not disrupted, but ended. Right or wrong?

Is the answer perhaps, 'sort of wrong, but justifiable by the longer-term aim of defeating Nazi Germany'? Whilst the scale and gravity of this and tyre deflation are very different, the principle is much the same.

(I leave aside considerations of whether tactics like the carpet bombing of Caen were right).

I actually agree with you. But that sort of also highlights my point that the world is just sh*t. These poor people died because a load of global leaders decided to fight each other. None of them were ever going to be fighting on the front line. They were never going to do anything other than gain some land and take some other countries. It’s the little man affected and killed. We’re nothing to society. Not me, not you, not anyone. It’s a world where unless you’re in the 1%, you’re of no importance whatsoever. If that wasn’t the case, why do soldiers fight for years and years for their country, come back and then often end up on the street desperate and alone. How is that acceptable not just in the world but in a supposedly advanced country like England? How do food banks being needed become something that is just accepted. Why aren’t the c**ts in charge stopping that? Why are kids being murdered in their homes by criminal scum and then some others are refusing to give the names up of the murderer? How the f**k is that the world? That’s not normal. What really is the point of all of it. It’s just so dreadfully sh*t and horrendously sad. I don’t know if I should be this angry about it because I can’t affect any of it but it disgusts me.

Login to get fewer ads

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:22 - Sep 7 with 1295 viewsfactual_blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:21 - Sep 7 by Kropotkin123

Medals do come with a handy pin though.

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:24 - Sep 7 with 1290 viewsNthsuffolkblue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:21 - Sep 7 by Kropotkin123

Recycled ones, surely ... but then there is the energy involved in the recycling.

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:27 - Sep 7 with 1273 viewsEdwardStone

I get a sense of your desperation Mr Rommy

I think you are a decent and well meaning person, but slightly phased by the magnitude of the problems we are collectively facing.

It is easy to be overwhelmed, the problems are huge and increasingly apparent.

I have spent much of my life in radical protest, radical politics and a general state of despair of our collective futures. I still cheered like a mad thing when we won at Shrewsbury, was beside myself when we humiliated Northampton and damn near p1ssed my pants when we stuffed Accy... we need to find our solace where we can, keep our resolve at all times and also be able to correctly identify our enemy at each and every turn

I will buy you a pint when I see you next..... or possibly a hot dog in a bun
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 22:27]
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:32 - Sep 7 with 1262 viewsfactual_blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:22 - Sep 7 by The_Romford_Blue

I actually agree with you. But that sort of also highlights my point that the world is just sh*t. These poor people died because a load of global leaders decided to fight each other. None of them were ever going to be fighting on the front line. They were never going to do anything other than gain some land and take some other countries. It’s the little man affected and killed. We’re nothing to society. Not me, not you, not anyone. It’s a world where unless you’re in the 1%, you’re of no importance whatsoever. If that wasn’t the case, why do soldiers fight for years and years for their country, come back and then often end up on the street desperate and alone. How is that acceptable not just in the world but in a supposedly advanced country like England? How do food banks being needed become something that is just accepted. Why aren’t the c**ts in charge stopping that? Why are kids being murdered in their homes by criminal scum and then some others are refusing to give the names up of the murderer? How the f**k is that the world? That’s not normal. What really is the point of all of it. It’s just so dreadfully sh*t and horrendously sad. I don’t know if I should be this angry about it because I can’t affect any of it but it disgusts me.

There is plenty of joy to find in the world Rommers. Beautiful scenery. The marvels of man's artistic and scientific achievements. Good company.

While I would agree with you about most wars, WWII (at least in Europe) was very much the exception. It was a war in which the Allies mobilised their economies and their citizens to combat a very nasty regime. And those people gave willingly. Sadly, many of them gave everything. But they were determined to win.

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 22:15 - Sep 7 with 1200 viewsPendejo

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:05 - Sep 7 by EdwardStone

Too Right Blood

"Extiuingishers" should be imprisoned for a long spell... huge sentence, no remission

The Extinguishers, however, should continue their good works

As always Mr R

The Devil is in the detail

Before deflating any more tyres, perhaps they should consider this...

Many new vehicles are supplied with a compressor rather than a spare wheel. So wronged SUB drivers can re-inflate their own tyres...

BUT the engine needs to be on to power the compressor, thus kicking out more pollution than would have otherwise created.

Own goal I'd suggest.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 22:21 - Sep 7 with 1165 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"No God's, no masters" Rommy...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-syndicalism

....oh, and lots and lots of getting out into the sticks whenever you can, as well as staring into an outdoor fire at every opportunity!

And loud music...

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 22:27 - Sep 7 with 1126 viewsSwansea_Blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 19:22 - Sep 7 by StokieBlue

Virtually nobody in England needs a non-electric SUV.

Forget the tyres, they should just be banned or levied with a massive tax if people really want one. Liking the driving position isn't a good enough reason for them to exist.

If SUVs were a country they would be the 6th biggest polluter in the world, they produce at least 25% more emissions than an average medium sized car.

SB

Are you convinced they're checking the specific model of SUV to make sure it's not a hybrid? I'm not. Even some huge lumps of Chelsea tractors will far out-economise (is that a phrase?) an old 1.2 petrol supermini these days. And they've got no idea if people owning them do 4,000 miles a year (good) or 40,000 (bad).

They are a lifestyle choice though, certainly. You can do pretty much everything with a large estate that you can in a city with a large SUV. The economy is pretty much the same though.

V8s doing 15 to the gallon in the US is by far a bigger issue than anything you'll find here. Successions of EU emissions standards has ensured our motoring stock is pretty efficient compared to the global picture.

(and no, I haven't got one!).
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 22:38]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 22:30 - Sep 7 with 1119 viewsSwansea_Blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:12 - Sep 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

Life would be better if everyone was kind to each other. You are spot on there, Rommers, and I believe that is a fundamental principle of yours which makes you a decent person. However, life is a bit more nuanced and there are good reasons why disagreements happen. The root of this whole thread is the tension between rights and responsibilities. You have a view that rights trump responsibilities, but many hold them in a tighter balance or even put responsibilities higher.

It sounds like you have had a bit of a tough day for whatever reason. Look after yourself. Everyone on here wants you to be happy, safe and well, I am sure of that.

"Life would be better if everyone was kind to each other.".

Would if f**k. Don't be such a t*at!

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 22:40 - Sep 7 with 1103 viewsstrikalite

My god I can't believe how you've got hammered for this Rommy, so it seems to be acceptable to interfere with a persons property as long as the perpetrator has a valid reason to do so...

lol

Classic TWTD's!
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 22:52 - Sep 7 with 1079 viewsPinewoodblue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 22:27 - Sep 7 by Swansea_Blue

Are you convinced they're checking the specific model of SUV to make sure it's not a hybrid? I'm not. Even some huge lumps of Chelsea tractors will far out-economise (is that a phrase?) an old 1.2 petrol supermini these days. And they've got no idea if people owning them do 4,000 miles a year (good) or 40,000 (bad).

They are a lifestyle choice though, certainly. You can do pretty much everything with a large estate that you can in a city with a large SUV. The economy is pretty much the same though.

V8s doing 15 to the gallon in the US is by far a bigger issue than anything you'll find here. Successions of EU emissions standards has ensured our motoring stock is pretty efficient compared to the global picture.

(and no, I haven't got one!).
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 22:38]

But they don't have proper gallons.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 22:55 - Sep 7 with 1070 viewsSwansea_Blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 22:52 - Sep 7 by Pinewoodblue

But they don't have proper gallons.

There is that!

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 23:53 - Sep 7 with 985 viewssirporter

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 22:55 - Sep 7 by Swansea_Blue

There is that!

Interesting debate, however, as pointed out by a previous poster many recent (2015 -2022) SUV's are ULEZ compliant, much lower emissions than smaller model cars etc. So is the target about emissions or a 'class war' ?...If it's genuinely about emissions then beware as their next target is likely to be non compliant ULEZ 6 vehicles apparently (older than 2015).

Next it may be house size (who needs a 3/4 bedroom house with less people), Gas boiler users are polluters in these guys view, ER will want you to have a heat pump, Two/three car families etc. (get a bus) These groups ultimately often end up causing their early 'supporters' the same inconvenience in their own lifestyles.
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 00:15 - Sep 8 with 965 viewsRob88

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:30 - Sep 7 by factual_blue

So it's the wrong meme then, isn't it?

I’m sure you’ve only picked a meme with poor grammar to be ironic.
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 08:02 - Sep 8 with 848 viewsEly_Blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:19 - Sep 7 by The_Romford_Blue

How is it allowed to touch and (temporarily) ruin someone else’s property. What if someone misses a hospital appointment because of this? Or is sacked because they’re late for work? Is it acceptable to be vandal scum then?

I dare say that nobody is going to sacked from their job just by being late on 1 isolated occasion because some idiots deflated their tyres!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 09:11 - Sep 8 with 782 viewsLeaky

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 19:49 - Sep 7 by eireblue

It is tricky to spot, but you seem to have spelled “Salute the actions of non-violent protesters that are passionate about the protection of the only currently habitable planet by humans” slightly incorrectly.

Would be interesting to see what would happen, if an angry SUV owner catches a protester, in the act of fiddling around with his car. Wacked said protester with a baseball bat or other implement. What would happen. Is the car owner allowed to protect his property (he probably wouldn't know the protester was just letting air out of his tyre's) or SUV owner gets arrested.
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 09:16 - Sep 8 with 780 viewsMattinLondon

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 09:11 - Sep 8 by Leaky

Would be interesting to see what would happen, if an angry SUV owner catches a protester, in the act of fiddling around with his car. Wacked said protester with a baseball bat or other implement. What would happen. Is the car owner allowed to protect his property (he probably wouldn't know the protester was just letting air out of his tyre's) or SUV owner gets arrested.

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 09:22 - Sep 8 with 766 viewsleitrimblue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 09:11 - Sep 8 by Leaky

Just wondering, whereabouts is your car parked at the moment Leaky?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024