Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ 18:51 - Sep 7 with 5921 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Arrest them all for criminal damage.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:32 - Sep 7 with 809 viewsNthQldITFC

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:27 - Sep 7 by The_Romford_Blue

The car is temporarily undriveable. These people have no idea wha the person needs the car for that afternoon. Could cause all sorts of problems.

Hatred? I don’t hate anyone. I believe everyone deserves the right to have a life with as little distress created as possible.

These people are doing this to distress someone and cause them problems. They’re targeting innocent people.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 20:28]

Can you really not see the bigger picture?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:32 - Sep 7 with 809 viewsfactual_blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:29 - Sep 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Never read the Daily Mail in my life by the way.

Though any excuse for you to make a dig at me eh Facters? At your big old age too. Tut tut

You've missed out a full stop.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:32 - Sep 7 with 810 viewsNthsuffolkblue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:27 - Sep 7 by The_Romford_Blue

The car is temporarily undriveable. These people have no idea wha the person needs the car for that afternoon. Could cause all sorts of problems.

Hatred? I don’t hate anyone. I believe everyone deserves the right to have a life with as little distress created as possible.

These people are doing this to distress someone and cause them problems. They’re targeting innocent people.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 20:28]

OK. So you believe these protestors have the right to have a life with as little distress created as possible.

I am glad you are all for that because it sounded like you thought they were committing a crime.

Of course the protestors would argue that people choosing to own and run fossil-fuel-guzzling large vehicles in cities and towns are far from innocent people. I can follow their argument, although I am not certain I wholly agree with this tactic. However, the bigger issue is that those who really can make a difference continue to choose not to.

At the very least the protestors are getting the attention they desire. Additionally if it puts off people from running the vehicles that has to be good for us all.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:33 - Sep 7 with 812 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:26 - Sep 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

Good job you didn't choose to misuse it then!

As usual, within 1 page of the thread being made, most of you are playing the man and not the ball.

At least Stokie posted about the topic in hand. Whereas three of you in the thread have gone for me over:
- Being a ‘daily Mail reader’? And being ‘a youngster’.
- My spelling.
- My incorrect use of a meme.

It’s a real shame. If I’d have posted this anonymously with a fake account, there’d be an ingesting debate here as to whether it’s right or wrong. Instead it’s an easy excuse to slide tackle the striker.

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:36 - Sep 7 with 791 viewsfactual_blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:33 - Sep 7 by The_Romford_Blue

As usual, within 1 page of the thread being made, most of you are playing the man and not the ball.

At least Stokie posted about the topic in hand. Whereas three of you in the thread have gone for me over:
- My spelling.

It’s a real shame. If I’d have posted this anonymously with a fake account, there’d be an ingesting debate here as to whether it’s right or wrong. Instead it’s an easy excuse to slide tackle the striker.

I love an ingesting debate.

Or I would do, if I knew what that was.

BTW, you do understand how TWTD works, don't you?

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:37 - Sep 7 with 791 viewsNthsuffolkblue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:33 - Sep 7 by The_Romford_Blue

- My spelling.

I have played both and posted about both ... in keeping with my usual method of posting.

You know a lot of tongue-in-cheek stuff gets put on here even among the more serious stuff.

The real question is why you feel so emotively that what these people are doing is so fundamentally wrong ... and what you think should be done about climate change instead ... and how you are going to play a part in ensuring that happens?

Those with the power to do something have continually refused to do it. Is it any wonder that some people become increasingly desperate the longer those in power refuse to do anything?

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:39 - Sep 7 with 776 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:32 - Sep 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

OK. So you believe these protestors have the right to have a life with as little distress created as possible.

I am glad you are all for that because it sounded like you thought they were committing a crime.

Of course the protestors would argue that people choosing to own and run fossil-fuel-guzzling large vehicles in cities and towns are far from innocent people. I can follow their argument, although I am not certain I wholly agree with this tactic. However, the bigger issue is that those who really can make a difference continue to choose not to.

At the very least the protestors are getting the attention they desire. Additionally if it puts off people from running the vehicles that has to be good for us all.

So deliberately disrupting people because of their car (this isn’t like a road block or something, this is aimed at specific individuals here) is now allowed?

Well where does that stop then if disruption is fine? They’ve blocked the people getting to work by ruining the car temporarily. So the people walk to work. The protesters follow them and continuously pour their cups of coffee in the bin because it has milk in? They then rip up the persons worksheets at their office because it’s not recyclable pens being used? They then follow them home and piss on their plants because they’re not in recyclable plant pots? Where does it end if deliberate targeted disruption becomes the norm?

Why can’t people be allowed to live their lives without it being made worse? Why is creating problems and stress and misery now deemed acceptable if it’s for a cause some people believe in?

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:42 - Sep 7 with 756 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:37 - Sep 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

I have played both and posted about both ... in keeping with my usual method of posting.

You know a lot of tongue-in-cheek stuff gets put on here even among the more serious stuff.

The real question is why you feel so emotively that what these people are doing is so fundamentally wrong ... and what you think should be done about climate change instead ... and how you are going to play a part in ensuring that happens?

Those with the power to do something have continually refused to do it. Is it any wonder that some people become increasingly desperate the longer those in power refuse to do anything?

So targeting random people to temporarily cause them harm is ok? That’s where we disagree.

If it causes someone to be sacked from their job because they’re late for work? What then? Or they miss an appointment in hospital and it causes a delay to important treatment? What then? Or they can’t drive to the h hospital to see their dying parent for the last time? What then? All of those things are unlikely but possible. Because the people targeting these innocent people have no idea who they’re targeting.

Login to get fewer ads

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:44 - Sep 7 with 752 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:20 - Sep 7 by MattinLondon

Last month there was a segment on ‘Newsnight’ about this. Many of the car owners were angry as their SUV was electric and significantly more environmentally friendly than many other cars.

Nevermind.
Chances are they were still rich w@nkers with unnecessarily big cars. Let them virtue signal their green credentials with a shiny new moped.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:44 - Sep 7 with 752 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:36 - Sep 7 by factual_blue

I love an ingesting debate.

Or I would do, if I knew what that was.

BTW, you do understand how TWTD works, don't you?

I always play the ball and not the man. Because i think everyone has a right to an opinion. Though it appears I misjudged the room and I should have remained silent.

Enjoy the rest of your night.

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:45 - Sep 7 with 746 viewsEdwardStone

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:39 - Sep 7 by The_Romford_Blue

So deliberately disrupting people because of their car (this isn’t like a road block or something, this is aimed at specific individuals here) is now allowed?

Well where does that stop then if disruption is fine? They’ve blocked the people getting to work by ruining the car temporarily. So the people walk to work. The protesters follow them and continuously pour their cups of coffee in the bin because it has milk in? They then rip up the persons worksheets at their office because it’s not recyclable pens being used? They then follow them home and piss on their plants because they’re not in recyclable plant pots? Where does it end if deliberate targeted disruption becomes the norm?

Why can’t people be allowed to live their lives without it being made worse? Why is creating problems and stress and misery now deemed acceptable if it’s for a cause some people believe in?

Erm... because if we all carry on like this...... we will all perish

The actions of a selfish few will terminate the lives of us all

Honestly Mr R.... shouting about the "Rights" of SUV drivers is a slightly mad hill to die on
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:47 - Sep 7 with 736 viewsNthsuffolkblue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:39 - Sep 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Probably because their (our) life choices impact everyone.

If you actually read my comments, you will see I am not sure I agree with what they are doing (whilst recognising they don't appear to actually be breaking any laws).

The bigger issue is that there is a proven problem that those in authority are doing very little about. I get why those who feel most passionately about it are choosing to do something that might change habits/draw more attention.

As for your first paragraph here, I am sure you are aware that there has been action taken more widely against cars in general and I am sure you realise why a higher emission vehicle would be a specific target. It is aimed at the vehicle not individuals. Nowhere does it suggest a certain demographic of drivers of those vehicles is targeted. It is those vehicles because of their higher emissions.

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:50 - Sep 7 with 719 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:47 - Sep 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

Probably because their (our) life choices impact everyone.

If you actually read my comments, you will see I am not sure I agree with what they are doing (whilst recognising they don't appear to actually be breaking any laws).

The bigger issue is that there is a proven problem that those in authority are doing very little about. I get why those who feel most passionately about it are choosing to do something that might change habits/draw more attention.

As for your first paragraph here, I am sure you are aware that there has been action taken more widely against cars in general and I am sure you realise why a higher emission vehicle would be a specific target. It is aimed at the vehicle not individuals. Nowhere does it suggest a certain demographic of drivers of those vehicles is targeted. It is those vehicles because of their higher emissions.

What I find incredible is how apparently everybody inconvenienced by such actions is on their way to hospital.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:50 - Sep 7 with 717 viewsfactual_blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:44 - Sep 7 by The_Romford_Blue

I always play the ball and not the man. Because i think everyone has a right to an opinion. Though it appears I misjudged the room and I should have remained silent.

Enjoy the rest of your night.

So definitely no playing the man here then

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ by The_Romford_Blue 7 Sep 2022 20:29
Never read the Daily Mail in my life by the way.

Though any excuse for you to make a dig at me eh Facters? At your big old age too. Tut tut

Of course everybody has a right to an opinion. My opinion is that people should be more angry about the continuing pollution of the world we all have to live and the failure to do anything about that. This apparent indifference is all the more appalling in an age where the causes and consequences are clearly known.

But a few tyres being let down is obviously the real disaster.

Just remember that in forty years, when you and your children are fighting for water with an invasion of people from the devastated Mediterranean region.

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:52 - Sep 7 with 702 viewsNthsuffolkblue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:42 - Sep 7 by The_Romford_Blue

So targeting random people to temporarily cause them harm is ok? That’s where we disagree.

If it causes someone to be sacked from their job because they’re late for work? What then? Or they miss an appointment in hospital and it causes a delay to important treatment? What then? Or they can’t drive to the h hospital to see their dying parent for the last time? What then? All of those things are unlikely but possible. Because the people targeting these innocent people have no idea who they’re targeting.

Please link where this action has led to drivers being sacked from their job. What do you do if you have a hospital appointment and your car has a puncture or breaks down? Don't you use an alternative method of getting there?

You seem to be pushing an extreme and unlikely consequence and trying to use it to justify your position on this.

What do you think happens if we collectively continue to do nothing about climate change?

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:53 - Sep 7 with 692 viewsfactual_blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:50 - Sep 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

What I find incredible is how apparently everybody inconvenienced by such actions is on their way to hospital.

You've spelt 'is on the school run' with some wrong letters there.

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:54 - Sep 7 with 693 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:45 - Sep 7 by EdwardStone

Erm... because if we all carry on like this...... we will all perish

The actions of a selfish few will terminate the lives of us all

Honestly Mr R.... shouting about the "Rights" of SUV drivers is a slightly mad hill to die on

I don’t get to decide what someone else drives. That’s not my right. Neither is it the right of the protesters. And neither should it be allowed that they can deliberately f**k up the SUV drivers day.

I’m not dying for the right for SUV drivers. I live in Romford. Unsurprisingly they’re aren’t many SUVs round these ends. I’m dying on the hill for the right for people to get through a day in this dreadfully sh**ty world that nobody really wants to be on but are just stuck in a life of existence until we eventually get the relief of death without having some tw*t making it worse on purpose. Just because they want to make someone’s life worse in the name of their cause.

This week they’re targeted because of what they drive. Next week it’s because of where they work. Week after that it’s because of the number of televisions they have. It’s just deliberately targeting people to make their lives worse. Nobody needs it. There’s enough sh*t going on. Everyone has their own problems. Everyone has their own challenges. Maybe I’m just soft. But this is the sort of small inconvenience that push people over the edge. Everyone is dealing with their own sh*t and this stuff doesn’t help.

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:55 - Sep 7 with 678 viewsfactual_blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:52 - Sep 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

Please link where this action has led to drivers being sacked from their job. What do you do if you have a hospital appointment and your car has a puncture or breaks down? Don't you use an alternative method of getting there?

You seem to be pushing an extreme and unlikely consequence and trying to use it to justify your position on this.

What do you think happens if we collectively continue to do nothing about climate change?

Is the answer 'well, nobody will miss their hospital appointments'?

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:58 - Sep 7 with 672 viewsNthsuffolkblue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:54 - Sep 7 by The_Romford_Blue

I don’t get to decide what someone else drives. That’s not my right. Neither is it the right of the protesters. And neither should it be allowed that they can deliberately f**k up the SUV drivers day.

I’m not dying for the right for SUV drivers. I live in Romford. Unsurprisingly they’re aren’t many SUVs round these ends. I’m dying on the hill for the right for people to get through a day in this dreadfully sh**ty world that nobody really wants to be on but are just stuck in a life of existence until we eventually get the relief of death without having some tw*t making it worse on purpose. Just because they want to make someone’s life worse in the name of their cause.

This week they’re targeted because of what they drive. Next week it’s because of where they work. Week after that it’s because of the number of televisions they have. It’s just deliberately targeting people to make their lives worse. Nobody needs it. There’s enough sh*t going on. Everyone has their own problems. Everyone has their own challenges. Maybe I’m just soft. But this is the sort of small inconvenience that push people over the edge. Everyone is dealing with their own sh*t and this stuff doesn’t help.

I don't think this is the first time your empathy appears a bit misplaced, Rommers.

I do get the gist of what you are saying but I think you have completely missed the point of the actions being taken. I think you also have a rather more noble idea of a typical SUV driver than they probably generally deserve.

Ultimately it is an interesting and important debate. This is probably a far greater desire from the protestors than actually inconveniencing the drivers. If they are inconvenienced enough to change their mode of transport longer term that is a bonus for us all too.

Try not to take anything on here too personally, Rommers. Nobody (not even Facters) is meaning anything said in this thread to be personal, I am sure of that.

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:00 - Sep 7 with 647 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:52 - Sep 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

As I’ve said, my point is that COULD be what is affected by this unnecessarily spiteful direct targeted action. The protesters don’t know who they’re attacking. They could be hitting someone on the brink of topping themself and this push them over the edge. They have no idea. Deliberately being awful to other humans who are innocent because they believe in a cause is not right.

I guess I’m in a minority. And since I’m taking pelters from a few (not yourself) and I really aren’t in the right headspace for this sh*t, I’ll bow out. I’m purely arguing for the right of people to have as painless an existence as possible.

Edit - And your last bit is not true either. Facters is just one of many who look for any excuse to put other people down. Ok I spelt a word wrong. I apologise. But bang… it’s jumped on. Does the world need to be with nonstop pain. TWTD is great. The people are great. I don’t want people to think I’m attacking them with my replies. I try to be a good bloke with as little drama and problems caused for others as I can. It’s great. But it’s society which is actually also really mean. And cruel. And people want you to slip up so they can laugh .
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 21:06]

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:00 - Sep 7 with 646 viewsNthsuffolkblue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:55 - Sep 7 by factual_blue

Is the answer 'well, nobody will miss their hospital appointments'?

And no one loses their job!

Everyone will be a winner in the future post-apocalyptic world ... especially the tens of millions of migrants escaping Africa and the Middle East to truly swamp Europe.

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:03 - Sep 7 with 640 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:58 - Sep 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

I don't think this is the first time your empathy appears a bit misplaced, Rommers.

I do get the gist of what you are saying but I think you have completely missed the point of the actions being taken. I think you also have a rather more noble idea of a typical SUV driver than they probably generally deserve.

Ultimately it is an interesting and important debate. This is probably a far greater desire from the protestors than actually inconveniencing the drivers. If they are inconvenienced enough to change their mode of transport longer term that is a bonus for us all too.

Try not to take anything on here too personally, Rommers. Nobody (not even Facters) is meaning anything said in this thread to be personal, I am sure of that.

Maybe it is misplaced. I don’t even like SUVs. The point is that the person driving them hasn’t done anything other than driving a car someone else disagrees with.

And for that they’re having their life disrupted.

Do you not think in 2022 when the world is as awful as it is right now, people could just be nice to each other? Between now and 2025 mark my words will be the most people killing themelves than ever before. And obviously this isn’t the direct cause. But little acts of spitefulness to the wrong people at the wrong time are the final nails.

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:04 - Sep 7 with 630 viewsfactual_blue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:58 - Sep 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

The day I say something serious is the day hell freezes over.

Although with global warming that's unlikely to happen.

Plus hell doesn't exist (sorry if that's a surprise to you, Mr rees-mogg)

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:07 - Sep 7 with 624 viewsEdwardStone

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 20:54 - Sep 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Steady down there fella....

Nobody is trying to back you into a corner

I did try to buy some E5 petrol for my elderly motorbike near to Romford a week or 2 ago.... the petrol stations don't stock it because everyne drives a newish car was their explanation.
So, I kind of dispute your assertion that Romford folks don't drive modern, large(ish) cars.

Getting through this sh1tty life until the sweet release of Death????

Really???

With K McK at the helm???

There has naver been a better time to be alive. at least since G Burley

Or maybe SBR

Be Green Mr R... it's the future.
‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:09 - Sep 7 with 622 viewsStokieBlue

‘The Tyre Extuingishers’ on 21:03 - Sep 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Maybe it is misplaced. I don’t even like SUVs. The point is that the person driving them hasn’t done anything other than driving a car someone else disagrees with.

And for that they’re having their life disrupted.

Do you not think in 2022 when the world is as awful as it is right now, people could just be nice to each other? Between now and 2025 mark my words will be the most people killing themelves than ever before. And obviously this isn’t the direct cause. But little acts of spitefulness to the wrong people at the wrong time are the final nails.

Unfortunately though the logical extension of your argument is that I can fly a private plane to the Happy Eater for dinner and that's fine because it's the mode of transport I want to use.

We are past that now, everyone is being affected by other peoples decisions, our kids are going to be even more affected and until the government actually take steps to stop ownership of such frivolous horseless carriages then a subset of the population are going to take matters into their own hands.

It might be a bit rubbish for the owners but then they always have the option to own a method of transport more suitable to a small and crowded island such as ours.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024