Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Edwards 09:10 - Jun 6 with 2436 viewsMeenoITFC

What's your thoughts on Kyle? Really liked what I saw before his injury, do you think he'll be back in the mix come the start of the season?

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

Kyle Edwards on 09:18 - Jun 6 with 2404 viewsDyland

He'd be a pretty decent left wing back option if he can work on his crossing...

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Kyle Edwards on 09:21 - Jun 6 with 2371 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

We’re very lucky lucky lucky to have him *

*i’ll get my coat.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Kyle Edwards on 09:22 - Jun 6 with 2359 viewsFrimleyBlue

Depends if his injury has removed any of his natural ability.

There's also the question of how much can you improve the end product of someone who doesn't have it naturally?

With an end product he could be a very dangerous player. Without it he's just another version of Bennetts.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Kyle Edwards on 09:22 - Jun 6 with 2370 viewsGuthrum

Depends upon a number of things.

Most significantly, how well he has recovered from his injury and has it affected any of his ball-skill? Is he at risk of being re-injured when he puts strain on that leg?

Secondly, where the Manager thinks he fits into the team. Is it as a LWB, or a wide forward. We haven't really been using a traditional winger. If moving to LWB, is he capable of converting?

Lastly, can McKenna solve the issue of final product, be that effective crosses or shots on target? Which was something of a failing in the earlier part of the season - twinkle toes, but no end result.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Kyle Edwards on 09:38 - Jun 6 with 2302 viewsjayessess

I have a hunch he'll come up big for us this season.
He's got all the ability and if he notches a goal or assist early in the season, I think we'll see the shackles come off.

(I think it'll be in the 10 role, rather than LWB though)
[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 9:39]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Kyle Edwards on 09:43 - Jun 6 with 2261 viewsGuthrum

Kyle Edwards on 09:38 - Jun 6 by jayessess

He's got all the ability and if he notches a goal or assist early in the season, I think we'll see the shackles come off.

I think his role will depend a lot on whether we get Celina back. If we do, they're competing for the same spot at Inside Left.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Kyle Edwards on 09:46 - Jun 6 with 2234 viewsMeenoITFC

Maybe your right, with celina gone (not sure if he's coming back) I think he may get minutes to prove himself again! Really looking forward to next season!!

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

Kyle Edwards on 09:46 - Jun 6 with 2235 viewsitfcsuth

I agree with this.

I think the lad has obvious talent, with a little bit of fine tuning needed, but a talented player who I think KM & coaching staff will love to get to work with.

Don't see him in the wing back position at all, but in that inside left forward role. A different type of player to a Celina as well, has real pace and dribbling ability.

It's important to have variety in positions.
Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Edwards on 10:10 - Jun 6 with 2130 viewsjayessess

Kyle Edwards on 09:43 - Jun 6 by Guthrum

I think his role will depend a lot on whether we get Celina back. If we do, they're competing for the same spot at Inside Left.

We do love a bit of rotation in there in any case. Can well see there will be days where we think dribbling ability is more likely to hurt teams than anything else.

Kyle Edwards on 11:56 - Jun 6 with 1869 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I think he’ll come good. His pace is electric and even if the end product is lacking at the moment, his presence will scare defences and free up space for Wes. KMac has to find a way to integrate him into the side.

Poll: Our final position

Kyle Edwards on 13:19 - Jun 6 with 1661 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He is the only player in the squad who has the ability to beat players the way he does.

Wes burns can beat people but its very different to Edwards. He has the ability to get himself out of the tightest of spaces, that game at cheltenham was an absolute joke, he looked like a premier league footballer who had walked in to the wrong stadium.

His end product needs work, but lets be realistic, if he had a class end product he wouldn't be playing for Ipswich, I would like to see him played in one of the number 10 roles.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 13:20]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Kyle Edwards on 13:51 - Jun 6 with 1580 viewsjayessess

Kyle Edwards on 13:19 - Jun 6 by TRUE_BLUE123

He is the only player in the squad who has the ability to beat players the way he does.

Wes burns can beat people but its very different to Edwards. He has the ability to get himself out of the tightest of spaces, that game at cheltenham was an absolute joke, he looked like a premier league footballer who had walked in to the wrong stadium.

His end product needs work, but lets be realistic, if he had a class end product he wouldn't be playing for Ipswich, I would like to see him played in one of the number 10 roles.

Equally I don't think his decision-making/final ball is that bad. It deteriorated the longer he went without a goal contribution, but generally he was putting the ball in good areas and getting decent shots on target.

Also when a player has pace and technical ability like his you only actually need to train one trick into them. Arjen Robben just dipped inside and hit the same left foot shot over and over again his entire career. Kyle might just need his version!

Kyle Edwards on 13:54 - Jun 6 with 1563 viewsFrimleyBlue

Kyle Edwards on 13:51 - Jun 6 by jayessess

Equally I don't think his decision-making/final ball is that bad. It deteriorated the longer he went without a goal contribution, but generally he was putting the ball in good areas and getting decent shots on target.

Also when a player has pace and technical ability like his you only actually need to train one trick into them. Arjen Robben just dipped inside and hit the same left foot shot over and over again his entire career. Kyle might just need his version!

Sorry Jayessess got to disagree there, getting a shot on target was his biggest weakness.

Waka waka eh eh

Kyle Edwards on 14:14 - Jun 6 with 1488 viewsSTYG

Kyle Edwards on 13:19 - Jun 6 by TRUE_BLUE123

Cheltenham first half was a joke as you say.

Anyone old enough to remember Maradona playing at Hampden when he was 18 and just gliding past half of the Scotland team, full of top flight players, will recall the similarities.

It was, as you say, like watching someone at the wrong game. He was astonishing. Then proceeded to disappear completely under Cook and you could see the confidence ebbing away week by week.

I have no doubt, if fit, under McKenna he will be like a new signing and we will see that ability regularly because it's quite clear he has outrageous ability for this level. He needs to understand his role, be given some love and I think he will fly.
Kyle Edwards on 14:27 - Jun 6 with 1445 viewsimalwayswrong

I really want KE to work but from the majority of performances last season came across very much in the vain of Dean McDonald, not showing what he can really do.
Kyle Edwards on 14:31 - Jun 6 with 1430 viewsMetal_Hacker

The guy could be an outstanding player after some work from McK/coaches at Playford

Going back to the Cheltenham game like a few others have done and the ability shown for periods , you don't lose that all of a sudden.There's obviously a player there , a very good player with amazing technique and ability - let's see if McK can bring the self belief out in him and sort that final ball out

If we see 70% of what we saw that game on a consistent level throughout the season ,the club will have a new player of the season

Poll: If it were one or the other

Kyle Edwards on 16:01 - Jun 6 with 1301 viewsVeggie

Did he actually achieve an assist? He’s obviously got some skill, but not really what we need unless KMc can work some magic on him.
Kyle Edwards on 16:23 - Jun 6 with 1253 viewsMullet

Kyle Edwards on 16:01 - Jun 6 by Veggie

Did he actually achieve an assist? He’s obviously got some skill, but not really what we need unless KMc can work some magic on him.

Think he was denied at Wycombe because the keeper got a touch before Celina scroed.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Kyle Edwards on 16:35 - Jun 6 with 1203 viewsFrimleyBlue

Kyle Edwards on 16:23 - Jun 6 by Mullet

Think he was denied at Wycombe because the keeper got a touch before Celina scroed.

Are you thinking of the Bonne goal where Stockdale pushed Edwards cross straight to Bonne?

Waka waka eh eh

Kyle Edwards on 16:36 - Jun 6 with 1203 viewsSTYG

Kyle Edwards on 16:35 - Jun 6 by FrimleyBlue

Are you thinking of the Bonne goal where Stockdale pushed Edwards cross straight to Bonne?

I reckon he's thinking of the Celina goal, which is why he mentioned Celina and not Bonne.
Kyle Edwards on 16:39 - Jun 6 with 1188 viewsFrimleyBlue

Kyle Edwards on 16:36 - Jun 6 by STYG

I reckon he's thinking of the Celina goal, which is why he mentioned Celina and not Bonne.

I get that, but I can't remember Edwards being involved in either of Celina's goals, of course my memory is shte, so he may be spot on, but I just wondered if he meant the bonne goal as that's the only one I remember Edwards and Stockdale being involved.

Waka waka eh eh

Kyle Edwards on 16:44 - Jun 6 with 1172 viewsjayessess

Celina's goals were assisted by Morsy and Harper respectively. Bonne's resulted from Edwards' cross but you don't register an assist for that.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 16:51]

Kyle Edwards on 16:45 - Jun 6 with 1167 viewsMullet

No, I was thinking of Bonne's probably

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Kyle Edwards on 16:57 - Jun 6 with 1147 viewsArnieM

For me he’s quick , but always tends to want to always come inside , and therefore rarely gets to the by line to pull the ball back into the box, and quite often doesn’t actually take his man on and beat him.
So in a nutshell, no end product in his role as a “ winger” .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Kyle Edwards on 17:02 - Jun 6 with 1131 viewsSTYG

Kyle Edwards on 16:57 - Jun 6 by ArnieM

For me he’s quick , but always tends to want to always come inside , and therefore rarely gets to the by line to pull the ball back into the box, and quite often doesn’t actually take his man on and beat him.
So in a nutshell, no end product in his role as a “ winger” .

I think he'd thrive in the Celina / Chaplin / Bonne role.

He's not expected to be whipping crosses in, but he's got the ability to go past players with ease and in that role he will often only have one player to beat to be in shooting position.

He looked like he had the brain to spot a pass too and, as we saw at Burton, he's clearly got some shot on him as well.

To have Celina (or another quality signing) with Edwards as backup and Chaplin with Aluko as backup would be obscene at this level and I am confident that with a proper quality striker in the role, those little triangles and interplay would get the best out of the two behind the striker as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024