Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Pigott 09:07 - May 18 with 3903 viewsThatMuhrenCross

I'm not prepared to write him off yet. He's the kind of big physical striker that normally gets you out of this division, and I also think he's a confidence player. If McKenna can get into him and he has a decent pre-season, I still think he's as good as anything else we're going to find at this level.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Joe Pigott on 10:32 - May 18 with 766 viewsitfcjoe

Joe Pigott on 10:29 - May 18 by wkj

I wouldn't. Whilst Edmundson is better, Burgess did much better under McKenna than he did under Cook. He would be adequate cover for a long term injury, Bagott would be good for the odd patch here and there while he gets used to the physicality of the senior game.

He' just doesn't have the profile for how we want to play in my view, whilst he was better he's not good enough on the ball and turns like an oil tanker - when we want to play possession football in the other teams half it's a bad fit.

Don't forget Ndaba who can play that side as well and is much further advanced than Baggott

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Joe Pigott on 10:32 - May 18 with 763 viewstractorboy1978

Joe Pigott on 10:24 - May 18 by PhilTWTD

You've also got to think of the players themselves. Not great for El Mizouni's development to play, say, 12 games next season. Needs to move on to play regularly, as much as I'd like him to stay here and prove himself.

He only featured 5 times in the league this season and that isn't going to be any different next season. We also have Humphreys kicking on too.

Penney is out of contract next summer. I don't think we will get a lot for him but may be someone we look to move on whilst we can. Could you cover LWB with Humphreys/Ndaba/KVY/Edwards when needed? Yes. It's pretty clear signing a nailed on starter there is going to be a priority.
[Post edited 18 May 2022 10:34]
Joe Pigott on 10:42 - May 18 with 747 viewsGuthrum

Joe Pigott on 10:32 - May 18 by itfcjoe

He' just doesn't have the profile for how we want to play in my view, whilst he was better he's not good enough on the ball and turns like an oil tanker - when we want to play possession football in the other teams half it's a bad fit.

Don't forget Ndaba who can play that side as well and is much further advanced than Baggott

I would expect to have both Ndaba and Baggott as CB backup. We need at least two if playing a back three with FBs who are effectively wingers.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Joe Pigott on 10:45 - May 18 with 737 viewsitfcsuth

Joe Pigott on 10:15 - May 18 by jayessess

Harper, Pigott, Hladky I get, but not a big fan of ditching too many squad players, just so we can go and sign more. Are we really going to make a worthwhile improvement on Penney and El Mizouni if we're recruiting for 2nd choice left back and 4th/5th choice centre midfielder?
[Post edited 18 May 2022 10:29]

100% on this.

Mentioned last year when Burgess came in and slotted in to the system very well about the invaluable nature of squad players - I think Penney falls in to that bracket as well, who likewise ended the season with a couple of solid appereances.

Hladky I think will want more game time, Harper maybe a loan to a better club than basement side in the division.

I think Pigott would do fine in a side that suits his style, but that isn't us.

But players like KVY, Penney, Burgess, El Mizouni are valuable players to the group - and wouldn't want to see too many moved on.
Joe Pigott on 10:49 - May 18 with 732 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Joe Pigott on 10:32 - May 18 by itfcjoe

Ndaba really shouldn't be forgotten. Supporters' Player of the Year one League down. Played both Centre Half and Left Back. Signed a contract extension and moved on loan when asked. Put the work in. Pretty much a model professional.

He's an outside shout for LWB starter, and, given we have him and KVY available, I would only buy in at LWB if someone as good as Burns is available and willing to come to us.

Baggott should probably go to Salford this year. He looks to have a lot of potential and needs games.
Joe Pigott on 10:53 - May 18 with 734 viewsPhilTWTD

Joe Pigott on 10:42 - May 18 by Guthrum

I would expect to have both Ndaba and Baggott as CB backup. We need at least two if playing a back three with FBs who are effectively wingers.

The plan is to send Baggott out on loan following the path of Ndaba. Was wondering whether Salford might be a possibility again, although they sacked their manager yesterday. Perhaps somewhere nearer to home might be more ideal.

McKenna Keen to Have a Closer Look at Ndaba With Baggott Set For Similar Path 21st Apr 2022 16:00
Blues boss Kieran McKenna says centre-half Corrie Ndaba, who has spent the season on loan in League Two at Salford, is someone he wants to have a closer look at and that fellow central defender Elkan Baggott could follow a similar path next season. 1

Joe Pigott on 10:58 - May 18 with 715 viewsjayessess

Joe Pigott on 10:24 - May 18 by PhilTWTD

You've also got to think of the players themselves. Not great for El Mizouni's development to play, say, 12 games next season. Needs to move on to play regularly, as much as I'd like him to stay here and prove himself.

Of course, if El Mizouni wants and needs a move to make progress then I don't think we're in much of a position to stand in his way. But I do think we should be trying to persuade/retain effective squad players if we can.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Joe Pigott on 12:24 - May 18 with 636 viewsBlueBadger

Joe Pigott on 09:47 - May 18 by OriginalMarkyP

We had a physical striker with pace who scores goals but we released him because we most likely can't get Pigotts wages off the bill so couldn't afford to give him an extra year.

We had a fat, unprofessional lump who was over the hill that we released.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Pigott on 12:26 - May 18 with 633 viewswkj

Joe Pigott on 12:24 - May 18 by BlueBadger

We had a fat, unprofessional lump who was over the hill that we released.

Two if you include Lambert into the mix.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Joe Pigott on 13:10 - May 18 with 608 viewsRobTheMonk

His holdup play has been so bad that it was actively hindering our play.
Joe Pigott on 13:40 - May 18 with 584 viewsDarkHorse

He’s basically a Poundland Jon Stead. Not good enough. Get rid.
Joe Pigott on 14:48 - May 18 with 564 viewsBlueBadger

Joe Pigott on 13:40 - May 18 by DarkHorse

He’s basically a Poundland Jon Stead. Not good enough. Get rid.

He'd be a million times better of he was a cheap Jon Stead rather than what he actually is, which is a poor man's Priskin.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Joe Pigott on 16:48 - May 18 with 530 viewsVeggie

For those questioning what he brings, watch the YouTube link below. He clearly can be effective and score plenty of goals in the right system for him. The majority of his goals seem to come from aerial crosses, which we rarely seem to provide in our system. Note also that a lot seem to come from left wing crosses, which have been basically non-existent this season. So essentially, he can be effective but we’d have to change our game a bit to accommodate him. This might also explain why Bonne’s goals dried up under KMc. Maybe we need to mix things up a bit in order to create more chances? If that’s the case, Pigott might not be done here yet.

[Post edited 18 May 2022 16:48]
Joe Pigott on 16:53 - May 18 with 521 viewsjayessess

Joe Pigott on 16:48 - May 18 by Veggie

For those questioning what he brings, watch the YouTube link below. He clearly can be effective and score plenty of goals in the right system for him. The majority of his goals seem to come from aerial crosses, which we rarely seem to provide in our system. Note also that a lot seem to come from left wing crosses, which have been basically non-existent this season. So essentially, he can be effective but we’d have to change our game a bit to accommodate him. This might also explain why Bonne’s goals dried up under KMc. Maybe we need to mix things up a bit in order to create more chances? If that’s the case, Pigott might not be done here yet.

[Post edited 18 May 2022 16:48]

Pretty much any striker with 300+ senior appearances is going to have enough goals to make a decent highlight reel.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Joe Pigott on 17:07 - May 18 with 492 viewsVeggie

Joe Pigott on 16:53 - May 18 by jayessess

Pretty much any striker with 300+ senior appearances is going to have enough goals to make a decent highlight reel.

These are highlights solely from when he was at Wimbledon. Lots of headed goals here, including (shock horror) goals from corners. I’m trying to highlight what his strengths are because I don’t think he’s rubbish. He just doesn’t fit our system. Like most of our strikers.
[Post edited 18 May 2022 17:09]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024