Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Support today 20:49 - Feb 26 with 3140 viewsBlueNote

Absolutely fantastic. Sang for 90 minutes, and created a great atmosphere. Good to see McKenna come over to the fans and show his appreciation at the end. Super away day despite dropping two points.
Support today on 20:49 - Feb 26 with 2555 viewsReuser_is_God

Blue Action on tour...

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Support today on 21:41 - Feb 26 with 2449 viewsGlasgowBlue

Support today on 20:49 - Feb 26 by Reuser_is_God

Blue Action on tour...

I was stood right next to the choir master for Blue Action in the first half.

The bloke never stopped getting everyone going but I doubt he saw two minutes of the first 45. Fair play to him.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Support today on 07:43 - Feb 27 with 2230 viewsDemBlooz

Yeah I was down the front and it was immense today. Not just non-stop but plenty of new chants as well. There was that one 'the only team in anglia with history' I think it was which was incredible. Another about George Edmundson. Also loved the 'I woke up this morning feelin' fine, I've got the Ipswich on my mind'.
Support today on 08:30 - Feb 27 with 2165 viewsSlambo

Support today on 21:41 - Feb 26 by GlasgowBlue

The bloke never stopped getting everyone going but I doubt he saw two minutes of the first 45. Fair play to him.

Ha, i'm suffering for it today buh..! So much easier on an away day as folk are - typically - so much more up for joining in. We weren't having to force the agenda at all. Proper terracing is a massive help as folk who wanted to get involved could just wander over next to us...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Support today on 08:36 - Feb 27 with 2150 viewsSheffordBlue

Support today on 08:30 - Feb 27 by Slambo

Ha, i'm suffering for it today buh..! So much easier on an away day as folk are - typically - so much more up for joining in. We weren't having to force the agenda at all. Proper terracing is a massive help as folk who wanted to get involved could just wander over next to us...

Any talks with club about moving area at Portman Road next season. A bit more central and you can pick up 'joiners in' from both sides. At the minute I sit in Sir Bobby Upper fairly central and tend to get the noise coming from Section 6 and then some disjointed/out of time singing coming from elsewhere

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Support today on 08:51 - Feb 27 with 2116 viewsSlambo

Support today on 08:36 - Feb 27 by SheffordBlue

Any talks with club about moving area at Portman Road next season. A bit more central and you can pick up 'joiners in' from both sides. At the minute I sit in Sir Bobby Upper fairly central and tend to get the noise coming from Section 6 and then some disjointed/out of time singing coming from elsewhere

We're meeting with Mark Ashton in a few weeks to talk about a few things, but foremost will be discussing bringing back standing areas. If done properly, they'll help massively with uniting 'atmosphere generators (at least in the north lower, which would be the logical place to introduce safe standing, but we'd be open to move anywhere). We've got some ideas, but it's just going to require the club to think outside the box a bit...

UPPA TOWEN!

Support today on 09:20 - Feb 27 with 2037 viewsSheffordBlue

Support today on 08:51 - Feb 27 by Slambo

We're meeting with Mark Ashton in a few weeks to talk about a few things, but foremost will be discussing bringing back standing areas. If done properly, they'll help massively with uniting 'atmosphere generators (at least in the north lower, which would be the logical place to introduce safe standing, but we'd be open to move anywhere). We've got some ideas, but it's just going to require the club to think outside the box a bit...

Good news. My back is a bit knackered to stand for 90 minutes but totally agree it will help.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Support today on 09:25 - Feb 27 with 2009 viewsITFC_Forever

Support today on 08:51 - Feb 27 by Slambo

Safe Standing won’t mean that people can stand where they like. They’ll be allocated a spot in the same way a seat is allocated now.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Support today on 11:05 - Feb 27 with 1912 viewsMullet

Support today on 21:41 - Feb 26 by GlasgowBlue

Good to see you at HT mate, you made me jump! Were you just along from us?

Thought the atmosphere was great, although with #HerGameToo and the ladies team etc. might be time to ditch the Delia stuff once for all. Makes little sense given she's an old dear and the positive direction the club and fans are moving in.

Filleting out the olden days mentality of abusing her and Fashanu etc once and for all would be a big step. Especially as we have so many good pro-ITFC songs to take hold now.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Support today on 11:09 - Feb 27 with 1885 viewsITFC_Forever

Support today on 11:05 - Feb 27 by Mullet

Thought the atmosphere was great, although with #HerGameToo and the ladies team etc. might be time to ditch the Delia stuff once for all. Makes little sense given she's an old dear and the positive direction the club and fans are moving in.

Filleting out the olden days mentality of abusing her and Fashanu etc once and for all would be a big step. Especially as we have so many good pro-ITFC songs to take hold now.

Too many divs in our fan base for that to happen.

Support today on 11:20 - Feb 27 with 1852 viewsBlue_Order

Support today on 07:43 - Feb 27 by DemBlooz

Yeah I was down the front and it was immense today. Not just non-stop but plenty of new chants as well. There was that one 'the only team in anglia with history' I think it was which was incredible. Another about George Edmundson. Also loved the 'I woke up this morning feelin' fine, I've got the Ipswich on my mind'.

Three more BA bangers there, was good to see them catching on. ‘Ipswich are the Super Blues’ was pretty loud at one point too. Decent away end yesterday, first half especially.

Something tells me I’m into something good…
Support today on 11:30 - Feb 27 with 1839 viewsGlasgowBlue

I was there with the Mrs as GB Jnr could make it again. I stood next to senior for the second half. He was as frustrated as me when we couldn’t get that second goal.

Edit. I must admit I didn’t hear those chants in the first half when I was in the middle of Blue Action.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 11:31]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Support today on 13:12 - Feb 27 with 1726 viewsSlambo

Yeah, we don't really go out of our way to sing anti-Delia songs; that being said, we will join in if someone else starts one up. Not ideal - and we prefer singing other things - but it's any port in a storm sometimes. It's still too often a labour getting it going in the wider section, so we're still at the stage where if it gets the crowd going, it'll have to do. Added incentive for the wider fanbase to join in with our new chants I guess, eh...

UPPA TOWEN!

Support today on 13:53 - Feb 27 with 1672 viewsMullet

Support today on 13:12 - Feb 27 by Slambo

Yeah, we don't really go out of our way to sing anti-Delia songs; that being said, we will join in if someone else starts one up. Not ideal - and we prefer singing other things - but it's any port in a storm sometimes. It's still too often a labour getting it going in the wider section, so we're still at the stage where if it gets the crowd going, it'll have to do. Added incentive for the wider fanbase to join in with our new chants I guess, eh...

I thought you were getting loads of buy in, but with your hands on the wheel as it were, it'd be good to drown that out or meet it with silence and go with some of the great songs we had yesterday.

I dunno how much joy you got from people further out on the ends of the terrace to be fair, it was really noisy where we were.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Support today on 14:03 - Feb 27 with 1658 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Support today on 08:30 - Feb 27 by Slambo

Its always better up north. Hardcore fans who have had long old journeys up to the middle of nowhere.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Support today on 14:30 - Feb 27 with 1603 viewsBrads

Support today on 09:25 - Feb 27 by ITFC_Forever

Safe Standing won’t mean that people can stand where they like. They’ll be allocated a spot in the same way a seat is allocated now.

You’re probably right but it’d be a missed opportunity if so because unallocated terracing works at away games and I’m told that there are ways to do it in conjunction with the safety rules.
Support today on 14:32 - Feb 27 with 1598 viewsBrads

Support today on 11:20 - Feb 27 by Blue_Order

Three more BA bangers there, was good to see them catching on. ‘Ipswich are the Super Blues’ was pretty loud at one point too. Decent away end yesterday, first half especially.

Something tells me I’m into something good…

How does that last one go?
Support today on 15:28 - Feb 27 with 1503 viewsBlue_Order

Support today on 14:32 - Feb 27 by Brads

How does that last one go?

Woke up this morning feeling fine
I’ve got the Ipswich on my mind
McKenna’s got us playing the way that we knew we could
Oh yeah
Something tells me I’m into something good

[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 15:30]
Support today on 15:35 - Feb 27 with 1457 viewsPippin1970

Always great away support . It's good seeing our fanbase wearing every type of Ipswich shirt past and present. Definitely outstang the Morecambe supporters. The one minute silence was spot on by both sets of fans. Hope they stay up too.
Support today on 15:46 - Feb 27 with 1439 viewsITFC_Forever

Support today on 14:30 - Feb 27 by Brads

You’re probably right but it’d be a missed opportunity if so because unallocated terracing works at away games and I’m told that there are ways to do it in conjunction with the safety rules.

Unallocated terracing is simply a normal traditional terrace, with crush barriers dotted about on a terrace.

Safe standing is a rail for every row, each row is divided up into numbered spots in the same way seats are.

Completely different models.

Support today on 16:00 - Feb 27 with 1411 viewsSharkey

Support today on 14:03 - Feb 27 by TRUE_BLUE123

Its always better up north. Hardcore fans who have had long old journeys up to the middle of nowhere.

A mix of that and people who live in the north for whom a Town game is a rare-ish treat and a big occasion. (I remember living in the north and being happy to hear the East Anglian accent.)
Support today on 17:17 - Feb 27 with 1323 viewsReuser_is_God

Support today on 14:30 - Feb 27 by Brads

Yeah, that’s what we want/need.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Support today on 17:29 - Feb 27 with 1285 viewsBrads

Support today on 15:46 - Feb 27 by ITFC_Forever

Unallocated terracing is simply a normal traditional terrace, with crush barriers dotted about on a terrace.

Safe standing is a rail for every row, each row is divided up into numbered spots in the same way seats are.

Completely different models.

Yep, I know that, and I expect we’d just follow what other clubs have already done, but I still don’t see why it has to be like that. Sometimes away games are unallocated even when it’s all seating and apparently there are other models that could still pass the safety regs. Guessing you wouldn’t be in favour?
Support today on 17:30 - Feb 27 with 1280 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Glad to hear the support was great again and the song below is good. Great that Blue Action have some new ones too. As for rail seating, not really sure there's much point as everyone stands in North anyway and there's no chance (you'd assume) that the club will forcibly move fans elsewhere to help BA get more central given those fans have had their seats for many years which is fair enough for me, but suppose we'll see. The North acoustically is awful too which doesn't help. Perhaps upper tier would be better or corner of upper cobbold?
Support today on 17:31 - Feb 27 with 1275 viewsBrads

Support today on 15:28 - Feb 27 by Blue_Order

Woke up this morning feeling fine
I’ve got the Ipswich on my mind
McKenna’s got us playing the way that we knew we could
Oh yeah
Something tells me I’m into something good

[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 15:30]

I like that. Bit of variety at away games has been needed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024