Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Support today 20:49 - Feb 26 with 3146 viewsBlueNote

Absolutely fantastic. Sang for 90 minutes, and created a great atmosphere. Good to see McKenna come over to the fans and show his appreciation at the end. Super away day despite dropping two points.
Support today on 17:41 - Feb 27 with 569 viewsBrads

Support today on 17:30 - Feb 27 by mattyhollandsirish

Glad to hear the support was great again and the song below is good. Great that Blue Action have some new ones too. As for rail seating, not really sure there's much point as everyone stands in North anyway and there's no chance (you'd assume) that the club will forcibly move fans elsewhere to help BA get more central given those fans have had their seats for many years which is fair enough for me, but suppose we'll see. The North acoustically is awful too which doesn't help. Perhaps upper tier would be better or corner of upper cobbold?

Yeah as I said on another thread, I did mention that as a possible option to O’Leary but received a luke warm response. Hopefully Ashton will help to come up with or agree to something when he meets the BA posse. If anyone else would welcome a change then I’d encourage you to contact the club and make it known too. Can’t hurt if a wide range of people make them aware that there’s an appetite for it.
Support today on 17:42 - Feb 27 with 567 viewsSaleAway

Cracking atmosphere yesterday. Was really nice to be in an energised crowd. The cowshed stand definitely helped. Recently, I've been in Accrington (no roof) and Wigan and Bolton which are big, ends. This felt really nice.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Support today on 18:21 - Feb 27 with 509 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Support today on 17:41 - Feb 27 by Brads

Yeah as I said on another thread, I did mention that as a possible option to O’Leary but received a luke warm response. Hopefully Ashton will help to come up with or agree to something when he meets the BA posse. If anyone else would welcome a change then I’d encourage you to contact the club and make it known too. Can’t hurt if a wide range of people make them aware that there’s an appetite for it.

It is a bit tricky. I'm pretty central, near the back and sing as much as my voice will allow, but there's plenty around me that barely make a sound. Do I think they should be kicked out of their seats though, well no. Most have been north standers for a long time and naturally some are probably not as loud as they once were but understandably don't want to give their seat/the atmosphere up. Every club has this though. The club is ready to kick on for a first time in decades, so the BA guys are doing a great job in helping.
Support today on 18:31 - Feb 27 with 483 viewsBrads

Support today on 18:21 - Feb 27 by mattyhollandsirish

It is a bit tricky. I'm pretty central, near the back and sing as much as my voice will allow, but there's plenty around me that barely make a sound. Do I think they should be kicked out of their seats though, well no. Most have been north standers for a long time and naturally some are probably not as loud as they once were but understandably don't want to give their seat/the atmosphere up. Every club has this though. The club is ready to kick on for a first time in decades, so the BA guys are doing a great job in helping.

Didn’t mean I asked for people to be moved, meant about the possibility of having a singing section elsewhere re your question at the end of an earlier post, E.g. Cobbold block A. I reckon they’ve got plans to modernise the Cobbold eventually so that they can bring in more revenue though so don’t think they’d want it there.

Personally, I like the unallocated idea but would be surprised if the club were keen.
Support today on 18:37 - Feb 27 with 473 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Support today on 18:31 - Feb 27 by Brads

Didn’t mean I asked for people to be moved, meant about the possibility of having a singing section elsewhere re your question at the end of an earlier post, E.g. Cobbold block A. I reckon they’ve got plans to modernise the Cobbold eventually so that they can bring in more revenue though so don’t think they’d want it there.

Personally, I like the unallocated idea but would be surprised if the club were keen.

Yeah, no problem. That corner of Cobbald seems ideal to me, it's old, but holds the noise in well when we've had away fans there. A new ground or redeveloped Cobbald might be your best bet. I'd actually like upper North too as great view up there as well. Yeah, think the unallocated standing is a tough one to sell, mainly because most of us currently turn up 10 mins before kick off!
Support today on 15:45 - Mar 1 with 290 viewsBrads

Support today on 18:37 - Feb 27 by mattyhollandsirish

Yeah, no problem. That corner of Cobbald seems ideal to me, it's old, but holds the noise in well when we've had away fans there. A new ground or redeveloped Cobbald might be your best bet. I'd actually like upper North too as great view up there as well. Yeah, think the unallocated standing is a tough one to sell, mainly because most of us currently turn up 10 mins before kick off!

New ground not happening any time soon and if they eventually redevelop the Cobbold they’d probably want to appeal to corporates and charge more etc so not sure they’d want a vocal section on the end.

Here’s an example of another club at least trying a new initiative to cater for all from last year though…flags and noise here…families and the P&Q massive over there 😉…I wonder how it’s going in practise though? Bradford playing well below expectations probably hasn’t helped.

https://www.bradfordcityafc.com/news/2021/may/new-atmosphere-and-family-zones-to
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024