Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
you can tell things are bad.... 14:51 - Dec 1 with 799 viewsblueboyd

many seasons gone by when we have lost in the first round there has been joy and the "i don't care" attitude so we can focus on the league....

Now it seems all the Cookie Munsters want a cup run and get to wembley....

fwiw I always want us to win games, and have cup runs. Even the board clown is going tonight and he was very pro-getting knocked out in previous years to concentrate on the league.

Wonder why the important thing is not the league this season?! Oh yes, I remember....
you can tell things are bad.... on 14:58 - Dec 1 with 746 viewsSitfcB

Bit harsh on Phil.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

you can tell things are bad.... on 15:08 - Dec 1 with 721 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I mean, if we lose its always been 'focus on the league' regardless of what cup competition. It's what fans do to make themselves feel better about being knocked out. If we win it's always been 'I fancy a cup run'.

That isn't a new thing, so not sure how you can use that as a jab to fans this season.
you can tell things are bad.... on 15:13 - Dec 1 with 693 viewsSitfcB

you can tell things are bad.... on 15:08 - Dec 1 by abracaDOBRA_

I mean, if we lose its always been 'focus on the league' regardless of what cup competition. It's what fans do to make themselves feel better about being knocked out. If we win it's always been 'I fancy a cup run'.

That isn't a new thing, so not sure how you can use that as a jab to fans this season.

Exactly.

That’s usually said for the FA Cup and League Cup as we don’t really have a chance of winning that where as the pizza cup we are one of the favourites and do have a chance.

But I would like to win on Saturday as well so we can get a big team in the third round. Even though it means the AFC Wimbledon game will get P-P :(

COYB

you can tell things are bad.... on 15:19 - Dec 1 with 673 viewsJ2BLUE

The important thing IS the league this season and always has been but don't let facts get in the way of anything.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

you can tell things are bad.... on 15:27 - Dec 1 with 649 viewsitfcsuth

I never understand why people feel the need to insult other fans just because they hold a different view.

If you think Cook isn't the right man, that is absolutely fine, and you can make that point through decent conversation with other posters.

And if people think Cook is still the right man (which I do personally), you can have a discussion about it, not throw pointless insults around like teenage kids.
you can tell things are bad.... on 15:31 - Dec 1 with 643 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I've not seen anyone putting more importance in the pizza cup than the league.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

you can tell things are bad.... on 15:35 - Dec 1 with 626 viewsclive_baker

you can tell things are bad.... on 15:08 - Dec 1 by abracaDOBRA_

It's also a different proposition this season when we have such squad depth. That wasn't the case previously and I do think the arguments in favour of having a less hectic schedule had some merit when you're talking about potentially playing the same players on a Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday, Tuesday etc. Hence why Lambert tended to go for a very young side in this competition.

We can make XI changes now and still have a side that should be strong enough to win these 2 cup games.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

you can tell things are bad.... on 15:36 - Dec 1 with 614 viewsSitfcB

you can tell things are bad.... on 15:31 - Dec 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

I've not seen anyone putting more importance in the pizza cup than the league.

This thread isn’t going the way he had hoped. Bless him.

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

you can tell things are bad.... on 15:38 - Dec 1 with 603 viewsabracaDOBRA_

you can tell things are bad.... on 15:35 - Dec 1 by clive_baker

It's also a different proposition this season when we have such squad depth. That wasn't the case previously and I do think the arguments in favour of having a less hectic schedule had some merit when you're talking about potentially playing the same players on a Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday, Tuesday etc. Hence why Lambert tended to go for a very young side in this competition.

We can make XI changes now and still have a side that should be strong enough to win these 2 cup games.

Yep, its not the same excitement of a league match of course but me personally am looking forward to seeing different players i.e Pigott, Barry, KVY and a few youngsters. Especially Pigott, im dying for him to bag a few goals, his confidence must be low.
you can tell things are bad.... on 15:45 - Dec 1 with 571 viewsSitfcB

you can tell things are bad.... on 15:35 - Dec 1 by clive_baker

Exactly this, even with Mick we didn’t have the strength in depth to mount a serious cup run, it was always a case of if we win we win, and if we lose so be it, I hate us losing any game but back then it wasn’t such a major bad thing. I was always disappointed on the day but was soon over it, unlike a league defeat.

COYB

you can tell things are bad.... on 15:54 - Dec 1 with 544 viewsChrisd

you can tell things are bad.... on 15:45 - Dec 1 by SitfcB

Exactly this, even with Mick we didn’t have the strength in depth to mount a serious cup run, it was always a case of if we win we win, and if we lose so be it, I hate us losing any game but back then it wasn’t such a major bad thing. I was always disappointed on the day but was soon over it, unlike a league defeat.

Win both these up and coming cup ties is how I see it.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

you can tell things are bad.... on 16:31 - Dec 1 with 451 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Cookie Munsters" lol

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

you can tell things are bad.... on 16:37 - Dec 1 with 430 viewsWickets

Simply not either or , is it .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024