Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do a minority of people have a problem with the EADT? 22:38 - Jul 9 with 2198 viewsBeyriey

After a tweet that circulated yesterday, I'm just curious as to why some people have such a problem with the EADT? I genuinely don't understand it.

I find it strange how a minority of the fanbase has such ill feelings towards the paper. They do a cracking job. Besides that, fan-made content (such as Talking Town, Blue Monday, Naked Footy) also do a fantastic job of providing fans with alternative content. Am I missing something?
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 23:00]
Why do a minority of people have a problem with the EADT? on 22:41 - Jul 9 with 2113 viewsJ2BLUE

I have no idea what his point is here.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why do a minority of people have a problem with the EADT? on 22:43 - Jul 9 with 2109 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think a lot of people do have an issue with the Tweeter even if you don't.

I used to have some issue with a general Archant bias towards Norwich, however, the EADT reporters are clearly supporters of Town and I have enjoyed listening to their podcasts recently. The EADT itself has always covered ITFC well.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Why do a minority of people have a problem with the EADT? on 22:51 - Jul 9 with 2036 viewsFixed_It

It's because Archant are Naarwich-based. I personally think the EADT journos do a great job, but I know there are people who decide anything remotely negative is down to scum bias - even when it is entirely justified to the more objective amongst us.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Why do a minority of people have a problem with the EADT? on 22:52 - Jul 9 with 2019 viewsfooters

Why do a minority of people have a problem with the EADT? on 22:41 - Jul 9 by J2BLUE

I have no idea what his point is here.

"I'm an attention-seeking bellend"?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Why do a minority of people have a problem with the EADT? on 22:54 - Jul 9 with 2008 viewsdavblue

Maybe I took it the wrong way but I thought the issue was with them doing a pod on it?

I may well have totally missed the point but it wasn’t entirely obvious.
Why do a minority of people have a problem with the EADT? on 22:54 - Jul 9 with 2004 viewsIllinoisblue

The “cruncher” has been proven wrong time and time again. His opinions are worthless.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Why do a minority of people have a problem with the EADT? on 23:04 - Jul 9 with 1932 viewsFixed_It

Why do a minority of people have a problem with the EADT? on 22:52 - Jul 9 by footers

"I'm an attention-seeking bellend"?

Ok. But what about cruncher?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Why do a minority of people have a problem with the EADT? on 23:20 - Jul 9 with 1845 viewsjeera

The Tweeter is desperate to be relevant, wants to be seen as a serious ITFC broadcaster of wisdom, and is insanely jealous of anyone he can see as representing what he wants to be.

It's utterly weird how he targets professionals who have been in the game for years too.

His attempts at put downs towards respected people are not only not clever they are embarrassing.

But like all people who lack any self awareness, he will always be the last one to know.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 23:27]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Why do a minority of people have a problem with the EADT? on 23:24 - Jul 9 with 1821 viewsclive_baker

The bloke’s a complete tosser

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Why do a minority of people have a problem with the EADT? on 23:29 - Jul 9 with 1798 viewsGiant_Midget

Someone is jealous that their podcast isn't relevant enough to get the same access the local press do.
Why do a minority of people have a problem with the EADT? on 23:35 - Jul 9 with 1765 viewsBeyriey

Why do a minority of people have a problem with the EADT? on 23:29 - Jul 9 by Giant_Midget

Someone is jealous that their podcast isn't relevant enough to get the same access the local press do.

Probably has ambitions of becoming an ITK/a source for Ipswich sources. Not exactly sure why he feels as though the local press are direct competition for his show. Both are completely different. One's a show giving a voice to the fans, and the other's a professional newspaper reporting on our football club.
Why do a minority of people have a problem with the EADT? on 23:36 - Jul 9 with 1758 viewsBasingstokeBlue

You have nothing against this tweeter?

You haven’t read much of his stuff, then.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Why do a minority of people have a problem with the EADT? on 10:24 - Jul 10 with 1358 viewsBlueBadger

Why do a minority of people have a problem with the EADT? on 23:35 - Jul 9 by Beyriey

Probably has ambitions of becoming an ITK/a source for Ipswich sources. Not exactly sure why he feels as though the local press are direct competition for his show. Both are completely different. One's a show giving a voice to the fans, and the other's a professional newspaper reporting on our football club.

Strictly speaking, one's a voice for attention seeking prats who think they're a local 'fan figurehead' because they once wrote 'JYM OWT' on their bedsheets and the other is the local paper.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Why do a minority of people have a problem with the EADT? on 10:41 - Jul 10 with 1321 viewsSomethingBlue

Because, in this particular case, they're attention seekers who aren't one hundredth as smart as they think they are.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Why do a minority of people have a problem with the EADT? on 14:16 - Jul 10 with 1087 viewsMullet

He’s not. He’s making it all about him as he has done for years. Christ knows why.

Ashton was clearly taking aim at a whole host of chumps behaving like this, but of course in his mind Ashton was singling him out. And that’s unfair because true fans, not us sh1tmunchers have the right to centralise all ITFC talk around them.

The EADT when deckchair was there really upset fans and that has never completely gone. They will always have to report with the views of the majority in mind because it’s a numbers game for them. Both Andy and Stu write well, cultivate sources and have a good relationship with those that matter it seems.

Like Phil, they’re not perfect and are never going to be all things to all men, but the fan base is incredibly lucky to have them compared to what others have. The desperation to abuse, dismiss and even outright imitate the quality output out there and the ill feeling and lack of respect that’s ensued says it all.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024