Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I would just a like a signing 11:57 - May 17 with 10878 viewsitfcpaul

to show us the type of level we are heading for in this PC team, it might also stop idiots randomly picking stupid names, like Lionel Messi to to get a response

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

I would just a like a signing on 13:26 - May 17 with 2205 viewsclive_baker

I would just a like a signing on 13:23 - May 17 by itfcjoe

It's all very black and white at the moment, and people are being painted into their positions.

My concern with Connolly is that after his 16/17 season here, where I really liked the job he did in the Championship he's effectively stpped backwards in every move since - to WIgan, then to Bolton, to Lincoln and then to Fleetwood for a season and a half. Is he a top League 1 player? I wouldn't say so, is he better than what we have in Downes as a midfielder or Woolfie as a defender? Not convinced

Cook had him at WIgan, but loan was ended at mid point of season - not sure why.

One interesting point though, for those saying he is a CB - he played 18 games under Cook

12 - DM
4 - RB
1 - RM
1 - LB

A good versatile squad option, with good character and a good amount of games played

He's not in the same league as Downes in that midfield role IMO. More recently I've seen him defensively, he's looked OK, but nothing special. I would say he's a useful squad player, versatile enough to cover multiple positions and I do think his apparent attitude will be hugely appealing to Cook.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I would just a like a signing on 13:31 - May 17 with 2158 viewsBeckets

I would just a like a signing on 13:26 - May 17 by clive_baker

He's not in the same league as Downes in that midfield role IMO. More recently I've seen him defensively, he's looked OK, but nothing special. I would say he's a useful squad player, versatile enough to cover multiple positions and I do think his apparent attitude will be hugely appealing to Cook.

Agreed. He would be a useful addition to the squad certainly. As a midfielder Downes is better, as a defender Woolfenden is potentially better. This is what annoys me about Cook's apparent "you're all rubbish" stance.
I would just a like a signing on 13:32 - May 17 with 2147 viewsSuperfrans

I would just a like a signing on 13:26 - May 17 by clive_baker

Attitude and also a player who wants to be at the club, rather than wanting away which (based on his transfer request last summer) Flynn wants to be. Plus he’ll be Cook’s signing, which will mean a lot.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I would just a like a signing on 13:35 - May 17 with 2115 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I would just a like a signing on 13:32 - May 17 by Superfrans

Attitude and also a player who wants to be at the club, rather than wanting away which (based on his transfer request last summer) Flynn wants to be. Plus he’ll be Cook’s signing, which will mean a lot.

Exactly, Downes wants to go, and any player that doesn't want to be here we shouldn't be comparing to. It will always be difficult to replace Downes and we don't even know if Connolly will be his replacement.

If we get Morsy then he'd be the replacement
My own opinion on 13:37 - May 17 with 2099 viewsStokieBlue

My own opinion on 12:29 - May 17 by unstableblue

He is in no way better than Flynn Downes... in terms of ability, talent, and indeed drive

I remember a Blackpool home game, where I went with a Blackpool fan, and he was blown away by Flynn's performance.

When fit for me Flynn does provide a consistently good performance - to the accusation that our current crop of players does not step-up in games - indeed its only performances under Cook where I think Downes has looked lost

From what people have said (and on the evidence of last preseason transfer window) Downes wants to leave so given that the rest of the post is irrelevant.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

I would just a like a signing on 13:41 - May 17 with 2059 viewstractorboy1978

I would just a like a signing on 13:23 - May 17 by itfcjoe

It's all very black and white at the moment, and people are being painted into their positions.

My concern with Connolly is that after his 16/17 season here, where I really liked the job he did in the Championship he's effectively stpped backwards in every move since - to WIgan, then to Bolton, to Lincoln and then to Fleetwood for a season and a half. Is he a top League 1 player? I wouldn't say so, is he better than what we have in Downes as a midfielder or Woolfie as a defender? Not convinced

Cook had him at WIgan, but loan was ended at mid point of season - not sure why.

One interesting point though, for those saying he is a CB - he played 18 games under Cook

12 - DM
4 - RB
1 - RM
1 - LB

A good versatile squad option, with good character and a good amount of games played

I'd imagine that is exactly what he is - a versatile squad option that ticks a lot of boxes. We've seen first hand before that he can be a solid, competent Championship player. And at 23 plenty of room to grow and improve.
I would just a like a signing on 13:43 - May 17 with 2044 viewsclive_baker

I would just a like a signing on 13:41 - May 17 by tractorboy1978

I'd imagine that is exactly what he is - a versatile squad option that ticks a lot of boxes. We've seen first hand before that he can be a solid, competent Championship player. And at 23 plenty of room to grow and improve.

And not a bad signing by any means in that respect. If Cook is adopting the 'fewer and better' approach, which feels entirely sensible to me, it's important to have versatility among the fringe.

I would just a like a signing on 13:43 - May 17 with 2031 viewsPhilTWTD

I would just a like a signing on 12:27 - May 17 by abracaDOBRA_

No, Callum Connolly. At club now and all but done. Great signing

Definitely one we want but not at the club today I'm told.
Login to get fewer ads

I would just a like a signing on 13:44 - May 17 with 2027 viewsStokieBlue

I would just a like a signing on 13:43 - May 17 by clive_baker

And not a bad signing by any means in that respect. If Cook is adopting the 'fewer and better' approach, which feels entirely sensible to me, it's important to have versatility among the fringe.

Do you think he will be the fringe? Played 40 times last year and has played at a higher level obviously.

SB

I would just a like a signing on 13:49 - May 17 with 1993 viewsclive_baker

I would just a like a signing on 13:44 - May 17 by StokieBlue

Do you think he will be the fringe? Played 40 times last year and has played at a higher level obviously.

SB

I expect he would chalk up some appearances due to his versatility, and of course it depends how he gets on, but he doesn't really fit the 'signing Championship quality' ethos. If we're lining up with him as a regular in the side I wouldn't be too concerned, but is he much more than a decent L1 footballer on recent evidence?

I would just a like a signing on 13:56 - May 17 with 1919 viewsStokieBlue

I would just a like a signing on 13:49 - May 17 by clive_baker

I expect he would chalk up some appearances due to his versatility, and of course it depends how he gets on, but he doesn't really fit the 'signing Championship quality' ethos. If we're lining up with him as a regular in the side I wouldn't be too concerned, but is he much more than a decent L1 footballer on recent evidence?

No idea, I've not seen him recently.

I don't think we are going to be signing 11 top-drawer Championship players though so some compromises will have to be made somewhere.

At least at 23 there is time for good upside.

SB

I would just a like a signing on 14:01 - May 17 with 1890 viewsclive_baker

I would just a like a signing on 13:56 - May 17 by StokieBlue

No idea, I've not seen him recently.

I don't think we are going to be signing 11 top-drawer Championship players though so some compromises will have to be made somewhere.

At least at 23 there is time for good upside.

SB

I would agree with that, if I had to guess I would think he'll be looking at a 'core' 6-8 signings of real quality, and fill the gaps with the likes of Connolly, who no doubt will be cheaper. I think the owners definitely have a real appetite to spend some money in the right areas though, I'm excited to see who comes in.

I would just a like a signing on 14:03 - May 17 with 1870 viewsxrayspecs

I would just a like a signing on 13:03 - May 17 by Wallingford_Boy

No it isn't.

Its June 9th for Prem, so assume its either the same for us or before then?

UEFA set the outer bounds of the window and individual leagues decide their own dates. The earliest the transfer window in Europe can open is 9 June. That said, clubs can enter into pre-contract agreements and announce deals before 9 June. Shrewsbury announced today that they are signing a Bris R defender.
I would just a like a signing on 14:04 - May 17 with 1866 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I would just a like a signing on 13:43 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

Fair enough but have it on good authority he is and no reason to disbelieve.
I would just a like a signing on 14:08 - May 17 with 1826 viewsTractorCam

I would just a like a signing on 13:43 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

Are you telling me the def info isn't def info?

Well i'll be damned!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I would just a like a signing on 14:11 - May 17 with 1800 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I would just a like a signing on 14:08 - May 17 by TractorCam

Well i'll be damned!

No offence but do you need reminding of a guy called greyhound?
I would just a like a signing on 14:13 - May 17 with 1781 viewsKieran_Knows

I would just a like a signing on 14:08 - May 17 by TractorCam

Well i'll be damned!

Why do people talk down about people who put info on this forum? Like, whether he's right or not, why be a d*ck about it? Absolutely baffles me.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I would just a like a signing on 14:14 - May 17 with 1761 viewsFreoTown

Would take Connolly in a heartbeat, good memories of him in his last spell.

Think I'm with a few others though, I see him coming in for his versatility rather than as a nailed on starter.

ForeverTown

I would just a like a signing on 14:15 - May 17 with 1748 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I would just a like a signing on 14:13 - May 17 by Kieran_Knows

Why do people talk down about people who put info on this forum? Like, whether he's right or not, why be a d*ck about it? Absolutely baffles me.

Cheers. I haven't done it to seek attention or whatever, and I didn't start a new thread about it just simply commented on someones post. If you don't want to believe fine, but ive got more of a life than to make up stuff

And Saffers and Joe seem to have heard the same thing, but can't see Cam having a pop at Joe on here.
Ashton starts 'officially' on 1st June, can't see any announcements till then on 14:16 - May 17 with 1734 viewsunstableblue

... even if some are already done, and Ashton is working behind the scenes to progress deals with Cook.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Ashton starts 'officially' on 1st June, can't see any announcements till then on 14:18 - May 17 with 1712 viewsFreoTown

Ashton starts 'officially' on 1st June, can't see any announcements till then on 14:16 - May 17 by unstableblue

... even if some are already done, and Ashton is working behind the scenes to progress deals with Cook.

Good call. Can't see anyone being formally announced until Ashton is 'officially' in the building.

ForeverTown

I would just a like a signing on 14:18 - May 17 with 1709 viewsDanTheMan

I would just a like a signing on 14:13 - May 17 by Kieran_Knows

Whilst I agree being hostile towards people isn't really necessary, it does get tedious over summer the amount of people who repost stuff from Twitter or just make up nonsense.

I tend to only pay attention to people with some sort of track record personally and just ignore the rest though.

My Messi thread today was more poking fun out the people just putting a name in the title and then other people having to ask that person for more information rather than just putting it in the thread in the first place.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I would just a like a signing on 14:20 - May 17 with 1690 viewschrismakin

I would just a like a signing on 14:18 - May 17 by DanTheMan

Whilst I agree being hostile towards people isn't really necessary, it does get tedious over summer the amount of people who repost stuff from Twitter or just make up nonsense.

I tend to only pay attention to people with some sort of track record personally and just ignore the rest though.

My Messi thread today was more poking fun out the people just putting a name in the title and then other people having to ask that person for more information rather than just putting it in the thread in the first place.

Woah hang on. Messi isnt coming in?
[Post edited 17 May 2021 14:20]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Ashton starts 'officially' on 1st June, can't see any announcements till then on 14:23 - May 17 with 1658 viewschrismakin

Ashton starts 'officially' on 1st June, can't see any announcements till then on 14:18 - May 17 by FreoTown

Good call. Can't see anyone being formally announced until Ashton is 'officially' in the building.

I can.

Chambers mentioned about player incominging promises not kept when he signed. So I wonder if we may announce some asap so that others we try to sign know with confidence others have already signed up.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I would just a like a signing on 14:23 - May 17 with 1658 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I would just a like a signing on 14:18 - May 17 by DanTheMan

Thats fair, but as I said, didn't create a whole new thread, just added a little comment under this thread. Anyway, I won't anymore if its a problem. I'll leave it to the ones people trust.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024