Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I would just a like a signing 11:57 - May 17 with 10913 viewsitfcpaul

to show us the type of level we are heading for in this PC team, it might also stop idiots randomly picking stupid names, like Lionel Messi to to get a response

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

I would just a like a signing on 14:26 - May 17 with 2823 viewsDanTheMan

I would just a like a signing on 14:20 - May 17 by chrismakin

Woah hang on. Messi isnt coming in?
[Post edited 17 May 2021 14:20]

Well no of course Messi is coming.

But I just didn't put the info in OP ;)

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I would just a like a signing on 14:27 - May 17 with 2822 viewsTractorCam

I would just a like a signing on 14:13 - May 17 by Kieran_Knows

Why do people talk down about people who put info on this forum? Like, whether he's right or not, why be a d*ck about it? Absolutely baffles me.

Probably because i've seen "Connolly's in the building and will be done today" on about 5 different threads this morning.

The amount of names chucked around most of them are not info, it's just fake speculation.

I do respect AbracaDOBRA for naming his source however, first person i've ever seen do that. I do think Connolly is still going to sign regardless of this.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I would just a like a signing on 14:27 - May 17 with 2807 viewsDanTheMan

I would just a like a signing on 14:23 - May 17 by abracaDOBRA_

Thats fair, but as I said, didn't create a whole new thread, just added a little comment under this thread. Anyway, I won't anymore if its a problem. I'll leave it to the ones people trust.

Just to be clear, that wasn't meant at you. Post whatever you like, it's just I kind of ignore speculation until someone has a bit of a track record of having decent info.

I would just a like a signing on 14:28 - May 17 with 2804 viewsKieran_Knows

I would just a like a signing on 14:18 - May 17 by DanTheMan

Whilst I agree being hostile towards people isn't really necessary, it does get tedious over summer the amount of people who repost stuff from Twitter or just make up nonsense.

I tend to only pay attention to people with some sort of track record personally and just ignore the rest though.

My Messi thread today was more poking fun out the people just putting a name in the title and then other people having to ask that person for more information rather than just putting it in the thread in the first place.

I totally get that, and understand it. Like those who re post stuff from 'EFL HUB' on Twitter. It's clearly not a page with any credible info.

But there are 2-3 people who post info on here which just get jumped upon straightaway as 'making stuff up', and I just don't get it. Even if they are, who cares, really? It's hardly a slight on anybody's day.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Ashton starts 'officially' on 1st June, can't see any announcements till then on 14:28 - May 17 with 2804 viewsFreoTown

Ashton starts 'officially' on 1st June, can't see any announcements till then on 14:23 - May 17 by chrismakin

I can.

Chambers mentioned about player incominging promises not kept when he signed. So I wonder if we may announce some asap so that others we try to sign know with confidence others have already signed up.

Hopefully any prospective new signings are clued up enough to realise those promises were made under the previous owner, so to take anything said by current (outgoing) players or former players with a pinch of salt (no matter how true, false or otherwise we know it to be).

Anyone coming in will be aware it's a fresh start for the club.

ForeverTown

I would just a like a signing on 14:31 - May 17 with 2761 viewsDanTheMan

I would just a like a signing on 14:28 - May 17 by Kieran_Knows

I totally get that, and understand it. Like those who re post stuff from 'EFL HUB' on Twitter. It's clearly not a page with any credible info.

But there are 2-3 people who post info on here which just get jumped upon straightaway as 'making stuff up', and I just don't get it. Even if they are, who cares, really? It's hardly a slight on anybody's day.

I guess it does annoy some people. Can't speak for others though.

I would just a like a signing on 14:33 - May 17 with 2748 viewsKieran_Knows

I would just a like a signing on 14:31 - May 17 by DanTheMan

I guess it does annoy some people. Can't speak for others though.

My post wasn't directed about yours or anyone else threads this morning either, more just a general observation that people seem to get in a tizz about others who post info on here.

I would just a like a signing on 14:34 - May 17 with 2741 viewsKropotkin123

I would just a like a signing on 14:18 - May 17 by DanTheMan

Whilst I agree being hostile towards people isn't really necessary, it does get tedious over summer the amount of people who repost stuff from Twitter or just make up nonsense.

I tend to only pay attention to people with some sort of track record personally and just ignore the rest though.

My Messi thread today was more poking fun out the people just putting a name in the title and then other people having to ask that person for more information rather than just putting it in the thread in the first place.

I love people making up transfer rumours. But only if they put in some sort of effort and the rumour is somewhat logical or amusing. Rehashing other people's rumours from twitter and claiming it as your own effort is a too lazy in my opinion.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

I would just a like a signing on 14:49 - May 17 with 2668 viewsOsborneOneNil

I would just a like a signing on 14:23 - May 17 by abracaDOBRA_

Thats fair, but as I said, didn't create a whole new thread, just added a little comment under this thread. Anyway, I won't anymore if its a problem. I'll leave it to the ones people trust.

Ignore him pal, keep em coming.

I got the same idiots panning me when I had Takeover info. Obviously came through, but you still get the same old who make fun of you have news.
I would just a like a signing on 14:51 - May 17 with 2652 viewschrismakin

I would just a like a signing on 14:28 - May 17 by Kieran_Knows

I posted one from the EFL Hub but only at the time as I didnt know how unreliable they usually are.

However. Overall though isnt social media rumour what forums are all about pre season.
Discuss links out there. The players being mentioned.
That's what fills the forum with discussion points.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I would just a like a signing on 15:03 - May 17 with 2596 viewseireblue

I would just a like a signing on 12:42 - May 17 by leitrimblue

Sounds like a wrong un

Yep, I had hoped he had matured a bit since the loan.

Custard Creams, FFS.
I would just a like a signing on 15:04 - May 17 with 2589 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I would just a like a signing on 14:49 - May 17 by OsborneOneNil

Ignore him pal, keep em coming.

I got the same idiots panning me when I had Takeover info. Obviously came through, but you still get the same old who make fun of you have news.

People forget ipswich is a small town.
I would just a like a signing on 15:50 - May 17 with 2419 viewstextbackup

I would just a like a signing on 13:23 - May 17 by itfcjoe

It's all very black and white at the moment, and people are being painted into their positions.

My concern with Connolly is that after his 16/17 season here, where I really liked the job he did in the Championship he's effectively stpped backwards in every move since - to WIgan, then to Bolton, to Lincoln and then to Fleetwood for a season and a half. Is he a top League 1 player? I wouldn't say so, is he better than what we have in Downes as a midfielder or Woolfie as a defender? Not convinced

Cook had him at WIgan, but loan was ended at mid point of season - not sure why.

One interesting point though, for those saying he is a CB - he played 18 games under Cook

12 - DM
4 - RB
1 - RM
1 - LB

A good versatile squad option, with good character and a good amount of games played

Maybe the good pro, not a head dropper, is what PC sees in him over what we have/had

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I would just a like a signing on 15:53 - May 17 with 2406 viewsitfcjoe

I would just a like a signing on 15:50 - May 17 by textbackup

Maybe the good pro, not a head dropper, is what PC sees in him over what we have/had

Mick had a deal lined up to sign him for £250k before he left, just surprised after what we saw that season that he has drifted down to the bottom half of L1 as looked very comfortable for us

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I would just a like a signing on 16:07 - May 17 with 2336 viewstextbackup

I would just a like a signing on 15:53 - May 17 by itfcjoe

Mick had a deal lined up to sign him for £250k before he left, just surprised after what we saw that season that he has drifted down to the bottom half of L1 as looked very comfortable for us

He can work his way back up the leagues with us - be better that way 😎

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I would just a like a signing on 16:14 - May 17 with 2287 viewsportmanking

Definitely a player that's been a victim of his own versatility.

Will be hugely valuable for a tight-knit squad that Cook's looking to cultivate.
I would just a like a signing on 16:18 - May 17 with 2259 viewsfranz_tyson

I would just a like a signing on 16:07 - May 17 by textbackup

He can work his way back up the leagues with us - be better that way 😎

Maybe his versatility has hindered him. Playing all those positions may have put him backwards. I liked him when he was last here. Only 23 and seemed a mature character.
Maybe he’s not here to replace Downes - but Dozzell. I’m thinking Cook would like two robust, hard-working deep midfielders. Downes and Connolly could fit the bill (if Downes stays).
Ashton starts 'officially' on 1st June, can't see any announcements till then on 16:31 - May 17 with 2196 viewsGavTWTD

Ashton starts 'officially' on 1st June, can't see any announcements till then on 14:18 - May 17 by FreoTown

Good call. Can't see anyone being formally announced until Ashton is 'officially' in the building.

I think we'll want to announce as much as possible, as early as possible to boost the season ticket sales.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Ashton starts 'officially' on 1st June, can't see any announcements till then on 16:32 - May 17 with 2187 viewsKieran_Knows

Ashton starts 'officially' on 1st June, can't see any announcements till then on 16:31 - May 17 by GavTWTD

I think we'll want to announce as much as possible, as early as possible to boost the season ticket sales.

.... and he'll clearly be working for us already, Ashton.

I would just a like a signing on 18:27 - May 17 with 2012 viewsLeaky

A lot of contracts don,t expire untill 1st of June. So players out of contract will wait & way up thier options , if there are any.
I would just a like a signing on 22:12 - May 17 with 1895 viewsreusersfreekicks

I would just a like a signing on 12:29 - May 17 by itfcpaul

If true would be amazing, been really good at Fleetwood but was worried it would be too far away from home for him to move permanently, awesome signing

Always rated Wes Burns there as well

Are you aware of any more that are close?

Bit ott
I would just a like a signing on 23:15 - May 17 with 1812 viewsfabian_illness

Just seen Billy Connolly at the Shell near the Orwell bridge.
£20 of diesel in a Dacia Sandero. Egg sandwich and a can of diet lilt.
I would just a like a signing on 08:21 - May 18 with 1655 viewsitfcpaul

I really like Connelly, especially at CH

I also hope we are looking at Wes Burns from Fleetwood as well, always ran us ragged, not sure if he is on a contract at the moment though

I really want to see the calibre of players we are attracting, showing other how ambitious we are, Sonny Bradley would be a good start

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

I would just a like a signing on 08:30 - May 18 with 1617 viewsfranz_tyson

I would just a like a signing on 08:21 - May 18 by itfcpaul

I really like Connelly, especially at CH

I also hope we are looking at Wes Burns from Fleetwood as well, always ran us ragged, not sure if he is on a contract at the moment though

I really want to see the calibre of players we are attracting, showing other how ambitious we are, Sonny Bradley would be a good start

Burns looked pretty good. Player swap with Donacien? Looks like someone who could do attacking FB job whereas Donacien can’t bomb up the wing. I think Donacien is well thought of at Fleetwood.
I would just a like a signing on 08:35 - May 18 with 1605 viewsitfcpaul

I would just a like a signing on 08:30 - May 18 by franz_tyson

Burns looked pretty good. Player swap with Donacien? Looks like someone who could do attacking FB job whereas Donacien can’t bomb up the wing. I think Donacien is well thought of at Fleetwood.

I would certainly do that swap, Donacien seems OK to me but Burns is certainly more the type of player PC is after and can play that KVY role as well as the right wing/attacker we are looking for

can't understand the Edwards situation, he has been awful apart from the quick start he made, constantly runs into players, leaves the ball behind or crosses like he has no idea where the box is, similar to Bennetts really, how did he ever get a contract anywhere?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024