Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? 18:19 - Apr 5 with 3349 viewsIPS_wich

We’ve all heard the various rumours that Chambers was behind Hurst getting the boot. He speaks a good game, but the cold hard facts is he’s been captain over the worst nine seasons of football this club has ever produced. A mediocre centre half even before he turned 30 (hence MM mainly playing him at RB), he’s now nearer 40 than 30.

Is he a big part of the problem? Would we be better off without him?

Head says yes, heart says no,

Thoughts?
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 18:20]
Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excuse? on 18:21 - Apr 5 with 2673 viewsreusersfreekicks

Delete your post as it's been done a 1000 times
He helped ensure there was a club left post Hurst
Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excuse? on 18:21 - Apr 5 with 2665 viewsBlueBadger

You must have quite a high opinion of him if you think he's been in charge of everything at the club from overall strategic direction to first team coaching and tactics to painting the turnstiles as well as playing and captaining the side full time.

[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 18:25]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excuse? on 18:22 - Apr 5 with 2637 viewsJ2BLUE

MM was defensively minded and put him out there because we didn't have good RB options and had three decent CBs.

None of the last four managers have taken the captaincy off him.

Last week when KVY was starting, Cook started Chambers at CB.

So I don't think so, no. I expect Cook to offer him a new deal. We'll soon see.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:23 - Apr 5 with 2621 viewschrismakin

Honest thoughts

Despite some being home grown

The squad of 'attacking players' we have is not good enough.

Whilst I believe chambers should go for my own reasons. He isnt the reason we cant attack

There is not 1 of our current midfield that I would want here next season.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:24 - Apr 5 with 2603 viewswkj

Chambers is clearly coming to the end of his career and his good games are becoming rarer to find - however - today was not one of them. He was one of the better performers today.

6 Mangers have Trusted Chambers with he arm band - I think that says it all.

Calderwood (Northampton)
McLaren (Nottingham Forest)

Town

Mick, Hurst, Lambert, Cook
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 18:28]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:25 - Apr 5 with 2579 viewsIllinoisblue

For the 837th time; it’s the midfield and forward line that’s the problem.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:26 - Apr 5 with 2574 viewsLankHenners

Yeah he's single-handedly been ruining the club from the day he arrived. Even when we finished in the playoffs he was trying to sabotage us and the reason he's been consistently picked for a decade is because he's got a mafia-like hold over the owner and managers of the club.

Hope we get a few more threads like this btw, the 684 we've had already don't seem enough.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:26 - Apr 5 with 2550 viewsJ2BLUE

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:23 - Apr 5 by chrismakin

Honest thoughts

Despite some being home grown

The squad of 'attacking players' we have is not good enough.

Whilst I believe chambers should go for my own reasons. He isnt the reason we cant attack

There is not 1 of our current midfield that I would want here next season.

He is one of the reasons we have a top 5 defence though...

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:26 - Apr 5 with 2554 viewschrismakin

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:24 - Apr 5 by wkj

Chambers is clearly coming to the end of his career and his good games are becoming rarer to find - however - today was not one of them. He was one of the better performers today.

6 Mangers have Trusted Chambers with he arm band - I think that says it all.

Calderwood (Northampton)
McLaren (Nottingham Forest)

Town

Mick, Hurst, Lambert, Cook
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 18:28]

Apart from Wolfy. Our backline was good today and wolfy only slightly negative about but he was out of position. A wing back he certainly isnt.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excuse? on 18:27 - Apr 5 with 2534 viewsIPS_wich

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excuse? on 18:21 - Apr 5 by reusersfreekicks

Delete your post as it's been done a 1000 times
He helped ensure there was a club left post Hurst

You’re quite right - he did rally the team to an outstanding outcome that season after PH left...and the two seasons after that.
Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:28 - Apr 5 with 2516 viewschrismakin

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:26 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

He is one of the reasons we have a top 5 defence though...

Defence isnt our problem and I dont see chambers as being irreplaceable personally at the back.

The issue we have first and foremost is our midfield and attack it's as simple as that really.

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:29 - Apr 5 with 2488 viewsJ2BLUE

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:28 - Apr 5 by chrismakin

Defence isnt our problem and I dont see chambers as being irreplaceable personally at the back.

The issue we have first and foremost is our midfield and attack it's as simple as that really.

Precisely my point. He's played the most games and we have a top five defence. So he's surely worth a new deal?

Truly impaired.

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:32 - Apr 5 with 2453 viewschrismakin

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:29 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

Precisely my point. He's played the most games and we have a top five defence. So he's surely worth a new deal?

On a footballing level you may be right.

But... I still feel he does have a negative effect. Not on purpose maybe. But if we are going to make changes I dont see why he needs to stay when he has been part of the same downfall.

We have been over this a few times. So we will leave it there.

If he stays he stays it wont hurt the defence no. But I would personally like to see another captain.

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:34 - Apr 5 with 2430 viewsreusersfreekicks

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:26 - Apr 5 by chrismakin

Apart from Wolfy. Our backline was good today and wolfy only slightly negative about but he was out of position. A wing back he certainly isnt.

He didn't play wingback at any point today
Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:34 - Apr 5 with 2425 viewsJ2BLUE

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:32 - Apr 5 by chrismakin

But... I still feel he does have a negative effect. Not on purpose maybe. But if we are going to make changes I dont see why he needs to stay when he has been part of the same downfall.

If he stays he stays it wont hurt the defence no. But I would personally like to see another captain.

So we're ignoring facts and going with gut feelings. Again.

Glad we had this chat.

Truly impaired.

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to exorcise!? (n/t) on 18:35 - Apr 5 with 2413 viewsScuzzer

Established 1968

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:37 - Apr 5 with 2380 viewschrismakin

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:34 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

So we're ignoring facts and going with gut feelings. Again.

Glad we had this chat.

Sorry once again it doesnt meet your board requirements.

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:38 - Apr 5 with 2373 viewshaynes_toe1

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:32 - Apr 5 by chrismakin

If Chambers is such a big problem then it looks really bad on Cook who, along with our last 3 managers before him, have consistently played and made or kept him captain.

It suggests our current and previous managers are unable to cope with a big dressing room influence.
Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:40 - Apr 5 with 2327 viewsJ2BLUE

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:37 - Apr 5 by chrismakin

Sorry once again it doesnt meet your board requirements.

What based on reality and not feelings, fairytales, outright lies and twisting others' words?

Truly impaired.

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:40 - Apr 5 with 2332 viewsreusersfreekicks

What is the negative effect he has and how does he carry it out?
Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:41 - Apr 5 with 2319 viewschrismakin

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:29 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

Not automatically no. PC will be the judge of that.

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:42 - Apr 5 with 2307 viewschrismakin

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:34 - Apr 5 by reusersfreekicks

He didn't play wingback at any point today

Wing back. Fullback. What ever you want to call it.

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:44 - Apr 5 with 2283 viewsJ2BLUE

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:41 - Apr 5 by chrismakin

Not automatically no. PC will be the judge of that.

He will. Based on what LON has said it sounds like we're going to largely keep the defence together and spend out budget on players who create chances. Getting rid of an experienced player who has been a big part of our defensive success would be an odd place to start.

What do you think about Donacien? Always struck me as solid defensively. KVY likely to be number one if he stays fit. Surprise new deal for Donacien as a back up?

Truly impaired.

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:44 - Apr 5 with 2289 viewsMullet

No. Speak to any of the ex managers, staff, teammates, youth players and their parents. Then maybe Chambers and apologise to him.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:44 - Apr 5 with 2281 viewschrismakin

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:38 - Apr 5 by haynes_toe1

If Chambers is such a big problem then it looks really bad on Cook who, along with our last 3 managers before him, have consistently played and made or kept him captain.

It suggests our current and previous managers are unable to cope with a big dressing room influence.

Hence why my original reply directed the issues towards midfield and attack.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024