Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? 18:19 - Apr 5 with 3375 viewsIPS_wich

We’ve all heard the various rumours that Chambers was behind Hurst getting the boot. He speaks a good game, but the cold hard facts is he’s been captain over the worst nine seasons of football this club has ever produced. A mediocre centre half even before he turned 30 (hence MM mainly playing him at RB), he’s now nearer 40 than 30.

Is he a big part of the problem? Would we be better off without him?

Head says yes, heart says no,

Thoughts?
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 18:20]
Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:46 - Apr 5 with 631 viewschrismakin

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:40 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

What based on reality and not feelings, fairytales, outright lies and twisting others' words?

What me directing my original reply away from chambers and aiming it more towards the midfield and attackers but you turning it into asking why I have my own personal thoughts on chambers and then moaning that I had my own personal thoughts.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:49 - Apr 5 with 622 viewschrismakin

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:44 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

He will. Based on what LON has said it sounds like we're going to largely keep the defence together and spend out budget on players who create chances. Getting rid of an experienced player who has been a big part of our defensive success would be an odd place to start.

What do you think about Donacien? Always struck me as solid defensively. KVY likely to be number one if he stays fit. Surprise new deal for Donacien as a back up?

I've no idea how donacien has got on whilst on loan. I was surprised we didnt see him more under Lambert with chambers doing to CB. So hard to judge tbh. Never got to see enough of him. KVY is so important. Especially with cooks 4 2 3 1.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:49 - Apr 5 with 619 viewsJ2BLUE

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:46 - Apr 5 by chrismakin

What me directing my original reply away from chambers and aiming it more towards the midfield and attackers but you turning it into asking why I have my own personal thoughts on chambers and then moaning that I had my own personal thoughts.

Your reply said you believe he should go for your own reasons. They turned out to be some vague gut feeling stuff ignoring the fact he's our defender with the most minutes in a top five defence.

Sorry for pointing that out.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Your head says yes......?? on 18:49 - Apr 5 with 630 viewsBloots

.....good lord.

Chambers is coming to the end of his career, there's no doubt about that, but this constant sniping at him is ridiculous.

Chambers has been nothing but a positive influence both on the pitch and off it for years.

He has potentially been the main reason (plus McCarthy) why we weren't in this god awful position years ago.

Some of our fans are desperate to pin the blame on an individual when the whole set up of the club is wrong.

The club needs totally rebuilding from the top down, that will take a number of years.

In the meantime I suggest some sort of head transplant.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Your head says yes......?? on 18:51 - Apr 5 with 616 viewsMullet

Your head says yes......?? on 18:49 - Apr 5 by Bloots

.....good lord.

Chambers is coming to the end of his career, there's no doubt about that, but this constant sniping at him is ridiculous.

Chambers has been nothing but a positive influence both on the pitch and off it for years.

He has potentially been the main reason (plus McCarthy) why we weren't in this god awful position years ago.

Some of our fans are desperate to pin the blame on an individual when the whole set up of the club is wrong.

The club needs totally rebuilding from the top down, that will take a number of years.

I remember Jim getting bits when his legs had gone but even then it was the odd pigeonbotherer sat on their own, seems the rise of the internet exacerbates this sort of thing.

How anyone can not put Evans, every manager bar Mick and god knows how many other players and even fans down as part of this issue is bizarre isn’t it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:52 - Apr 5 with 608 viewschrismakin

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:40 - Apr 5 by reusersfreekicks

What is the negative effect he has and how does he carry it out?

It's not really what he does do. It's more of what he doesnt appear to do.

I've covered this before but as captain I've rarely seen him since what youd class as good days... pushing the team on. Getting into the faces of his team mates etc. You see it from Ward but not chambers. And again it is only a personal opinion... I want to see that from my captain. Your experienced. You're captain push the team. Scream shout. Demand better. You just dont get that from him.

Based on football yes he should get a contract. His footballing ability hasn't gone yet. Legs slowly are but not quite yet.

[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 18:54]

Your head says yes......?? on 18:54 - Apr 5 with 595 viewsWicklowBlue

.....good lord.

"...head transplant."
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 18:55]
Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:56 - Apr 5 with 583 viewsskankerman

See my recent post, supporting your theory
Login to get fewer ads

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 19:03 - Apr 5 with 574 viewsVic

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:32 - Apr 5 by chrismakin

On a footballing level you may be right.

But... I still feel he does have a negative effect. Not on purpose maybe. But if we are going to make changes I dont see why he needs to stay when he has been part of the same downfall.

We have been over this a few times. So we will leave it there.

If he stays he stays it wont hurt the defence no. But I would personally like to see another captain.

It’s an interesting take you have and not one I’ve really thought about. Can you give me some examples of the negative effect he has - preferably not just ‘feelings’ but some credible evidence.

He comes in for heaps of criticism, but given our defense is one of the best in the league I’m not sure why!

Edit - just seen your comments a couple of posts above this one. But how you can think that not shouting at team mates is a negative is beyond me! With respect, you might like people shouting in your face to motivate you, but given that 6 other managers have asked Luke to captain their team I think I know whose opinion I’d prefer to trust! (Unless you’re Alex Ferguson in disguise!). Luke is vocal, organizing, encouraging, cajoling on the pitch - and by all accounts pretty exemplary off it as a club captain - all the attributes you want in a captain.

[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 19:12]

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Chambo will get..... on 19:05 - Apr 5 with 563 viewsBloots

Your head says yes......?? on 18:51 - Apr 5 by Mullet

I remember Jim getting bits when his legs had gone but even then it was the odd pigeonbotherer sat on their own, seems the rise of the internet exacerbates this sort of thing.

How anyone can not put Evans, every manager bar Mick and god knows how many other players and even fans down as part of this issue is bizarre isn’t it?

...blamed for this for years.

The kids will still be pinning it on him when we are playing in the SIL.

Him and Mick.

And Skuse.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 19:06 - Apr 5 with 563 viewsBlueBadger

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 18:56 - Apr 5 by skankerman

See my recent post, supporting your theory

LOL

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 19:09 - Apr 5 with 555 viewsSwansea_Blue

No he's not.

I'll put it down to a bad choice of phrase, but he's not been rotton over his whole time here. Coming to the end of his career and needs to be used sparingly, yes probably. We need to be looking for better and building for the future, yes certainly. But rotten? Er, no.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Your head says yes......?? on 19:09 - Apr 5 with 554 viewsDubtractor

.....good lord.

Bizarre isn't it?

There is a reasonable case for us parting ways with Chambers this Summer, though also a decent case for him staying too, but the last 20 years of continual decline is not remotely on him is it?

Evans Out etc.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 19:11 - Apr 5 with 547 viewsgordon

A tax on Chambers, you say?
Is Chambers the rotten core this club needs to excise? on 21:25 - Apr 5 with 493 viewshave_a_word_with_him

pretty harsh to tie him inextricably to the last 9 years, there are 10 other players out on the pitch, and steadily those 10 players have been worse and worse and played under worse and worse managers. I do think now is the time to say goodbye to Chambers, but the rest of what you're suggesting is just guff
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024