Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing confusing me about Paul Cook 07:30 - Mar 1 with 2713 viewstortoise

Is he ME’s choice or new consortium’s or both? Quite possible that takeover could fall thru (as they often seem to) then PC is employed by ME not new consortium?
One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 07:47 - Mar 1 with 1975 viewstrncbluearmy

Hope it's not down to Evans to select manager

Not convinced by Paul Cook at all,seems a typical Evans pick and that ain't good
One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 07:55 - Mar 1 with 1897 viewsitfcjoe

Will be a combination of the two

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 07:56 - Mar 1 with 1877 viewsStokieBlue

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 07:47 - Mar 1 by trncbluearmy

Not convinced by Paul Cook at all,seems a typical Evans pick and that ain't good

All the pundits who focus on League one seem to think that Cook is an excellent manager and choice.

Guess we will see.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 07:58 - Mar 1 with 1861 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 07:59 - Mar 1 with 1852 viewsTractorWood

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 07:56 - Mar 1 by StokieBlue

All the pundits who focus on League one seem to think that Cook is an excellent manager and choice.

Guess we will see.

SB

Feels a bit like Emperor's New Clothes. No one wants him specifically but he is just the choice through pluralistic ignorance.

See Paul Hurst. See Paul Lambert.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 7:59]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:02 - Mar 1 with 1801 viewsStokieBlue

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 07:59 - Mar 1 by TractorWood

Feels a bit like Emperor's New Clothes. No one wants him specifically but he is just the choice through pluralistic ignorance.

Yet the people who follow and report on L1 for their jobs think he's excellent.

I'm not really sure what we as a fan base are expecting? We aren't going to get some of the bonkers suggestions that are occasionally thrown out.

Writing someome off before they even arrive isn't going to get us anywhere though.

Who do you think it should be?

Let's not forget, he's turned down multiple Championship clubs in just the last few months alone.

SB
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 8:04]

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:03 - Mar 1 with 1798 viewsitfcjoe

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 07:59 - Mar 1 by TractorWood

Paul Cook is the best candidate out there, getting him into League 1 is a real coup

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:07 - Mar 1 with 1731 viewsPJH

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:03 - Mar 1 by itfcjoe

Paul Cook is the best candidate out there, getting him into League 1 is a real coup

Personally I would rather have had Nigel Pearson but whoever comes in should and must get us up out of this division asap.

The last week on the pitch has made doing it this season a bit easier than it looked a while back but that does not take away from my opinion that it should have happened last season.
Login to get fewer ads

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:08 - Mar 1 with 1711 viewsStokieBlue

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:07 - Mar 1 by PJH

Personally I would rather have had Nigel Pearson but whoever comes in should and must get us up out of this division asap.

The last week on the pitch has made doing it this season a bit easier than it looked a while back but that does not take away from my opinion that it should have happened last season.

Pearson already has a job in the championship.

SB

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:08 - Mar 1 with 1704 viewsTractorWood

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:03 - Mar 1 by itfcjoe

I trust your judgement Joe. I look at his record and see a good candidate to take us out of league one but perhaps not much more.

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:12 - Mar 1 with 1664 viewsclive_baker

Both.

ME was talking to Cook before this season started when he left Wigan, so he’s been a long time admirer. Presumably that was pre advanced takeover talks but no doubt ME has had some input in terms of the way forward from a management perspective and the new CEO will I’m sure have corroborated it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:14 - Mar 1 with 1630 viewsITFCBlues

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 07:47 - Mar 1 by trncbluearmy

Who would you want in L1?

He's done an excellent job wherever he's been. Winning promotions and last season he managed to keep Wigan mid table despite all the rubbish going on behind the scenes. He plays some decent football as well.

Ipswich fans just baffle me. I've not got a clue who people think we maybe able to attract but we've got a top manager here. One that's got decent experience and has been linked to Championship clubs. What more could you ask for?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:15 - Mar 1 with 1618 viewsPJH

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:08 - Mar 1 by StokieBlue

Pearson already has a job in the championship.

SB

Yes I know but a couple of weeks ago or so he did not have and of those being mentioned then he would have been my hope/choice.
One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:16 - Mar 1 with 1599 viewsTractorWood

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:02 - Mar 1 by StokieBlue

Yet the people who follow and report on L1 for their jobs think he's excellent.

I'm not really sure what we as a fan base are expecting? We aren't going to get some of the bonkers suggestions that are occasionally thrown out.

Writing someome off before they even arrive isn't going to get us anywhere though.

Who do you think it should be?

Let's not forget, he's turned down multiple Championship clubs in just the last few months alone.

SB
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 8:04]

Not writing him off. Just sometimes, like politics a candidate emerges through general acceptance as oppose to deliberate reasoning.

He has a good record in league 2. A promotion from league one with a good Pompey side and a season with Wigan in the championship.

I think he makes sense in the short term - 100% but don't see much logic for an ITFC dynasty appointment, which is what we need in the long term.

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:18 - Mar 1 with 1572 viewstrncbluearmy

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:14 - Mar 1 by ITFCBlues

Who would you want in L1?

He's done an excellent job wherever he's been. Winning promotions and last season he managed to keep Wigan mid table despite all the rubbish going on behind the scenes. He plays some decent football as well.

Ipswich fans just baffle me. I've not got a clue who people think we maybe able to attract but we've got a top manager here. One that's got decent experience and has been linked to Championship clubs. What more could you ask for?

No idea,but then my opnion is not important, but I certantly do not trust any appointment that involves Evans.

Cooks championship record looks pretty ordinary to me.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 8:19]
One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:20 - Mar 1 with 1536 viewsITFCBlues

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:18 - Mar 1 by trncbluearmy

No idea,but then my opnion is not important, but I certantly do not trust any appointment that involves Evans.

Well luckily for you this appointment isn't likely to be all Evans then! The consortium wouldve played a part

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:22 - Mar 1 with 1509 viewsHerbivore

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:08 - Mar 1 by TractorWood

I trust your judgement Joe. I look at his record and see a good candidate to take us out of league one but perhaps not much more.

He kept Wigan in the Championship first season pretty comfortably and if not for their points deduction would have had them midtable the season after, all whilst they were an absolute basket case off the pitch.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:22 - Mar 1 with 1494 viewsRomeo4

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:08 - Mar 1 by TractorWood

Taking us out of League 1 will do for me!

There’s a lot of negativity on here today and I think that’s understandable to some extent given how us Town fans have been ground down by years of decline. However, Lambert is gone. Looks likely we’ll have new majority owners very soon. It may turn out to be a false dawn but I for one am feeling excited by some positive moves.

Nothing is guaranteed obviously. One certain thing is that we were going nowhere fast under previous management. Hopefully we can look forward to some good times ahead. Goodness knows we are due!

COYB!
One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:23 - Mar 1 with 1475 viewsSwansea_Blue

It worries me that Cook has already been sounded out by Evans. That's not usually a good indicator of happy times ahead. He might be the right choice, but it's lower league version of the same formula Evans always uses. A slightly more experienced Paul Hurst on paper in terms of types of teams and successes. Hopefully that's where the similarities end and Cook isn't an insecure nutjob.

A lot of people seem to rave about him though, so presumably he has something.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:24 - Mar 1 with 1463 viewsBseaBlue

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:22 - Mar 1 by Herbivore

He kept Wigan in the Championship first season pretty comfortably and if not for their points deduction would have had them midtable the season after, all whilst they were an absolute basket case off the pitch.

And unlike Lambert he has had recent success with a career thats gone from strength to strength. Moon and stick comes to mind this morning!
One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:24 - Mar 1 with 1445 viewsclive_baker

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:22 - Mar 1 by Herbivore

This

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:25 - Mar 1 with 1443 viewsdavblue

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 07:58 - Mar 1 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

With the right structure around him Cook can be a success here.

If this takeover happens then restructuring behind the scenes is a must for Cook to be successful here or at least give him a chance.

We aren't suddenly overnight going to be back, it will take time to get things set up. Hopefully some of the things that have been terribly under funded will get more funding and we can start to see some results over the next 2 or 3 years.
One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:25 - Mar 1 with 1425 viewsHerbivore

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:18 - Mar 1 by trncbluearmy

Pretty ordinary? Think that's a ridiculous claim to be honest, given how Wigan would have been expected to perform versus what they actually achieved.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:31 - Mar 1 with 1359 viewstrncbluearmy

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:20 - Mar 1 by ITFCBlues

Well luckily for you this appointment isn't likely to be all Evans then! The consortium wouldve played a part

Is that suppose to make me feel better!

I really would not hurry this one,we have plenty of people who can caretake, just get the new owners in and bedded,
then take a good hard look at what's available

I was at that EGM and learnt the lessons It has tought

Act in haste repent in leisure I think it goes.
One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:31 - Mar 1 with 1357 viewsMetal_Hacker

I'd think it was a matter of choice between both parties to be fair

In relation to the premature moans about Cook , look back at his record and where he did it ,for me he'll be a great fit

If all things go to plan I assume unless it ends up being better than the new owners expectations , Cook will be used to gain entry back to the Championship and they'll see what he can do from there. I'd suggest he'd be a short-medium term appointment

Difference being and think this is the key , the club will have people set around in other "departments" improving other matters whilst PC can concentrate on the first XI - massive help for all concerned having some structure

Poll: If it were one or the other

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024