Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing confusing me about Paul Cook 07:30 - Mar 1 with 2722 viewstortoise

Is he ME’s choice or new consortium’s or both? Quite possible that takeover could fall thru (as they often seem to) then PC is employed by ME not new consortium?
One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:33 - Mar 1 with 603 viewsHerbivore

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:31 - Mar 1 by trncbluearmy

Is that suppose to make me feel better!

I really would not hurry this one,we have plenty of people who can caretake, just get the new owners in and bedded,
then take a good hard look at what's available

I was at that EGM and learnt the lessons It has tought

Act in haste repent in leisure I think it goes.

Who do you genuinely think we could appoint that would be a clear upgrade on Paul Cook?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:33 - Mar 1 with 604 viewsSwansea_Blue

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:24 - Mar 1 by BseaBlue

And unlike Lambert he has had recent success with a career thats gone from strength to strength. Moon and stick comes to mind this morning!

Like Hurst was then.

Ah well, we'll see. With a bit of luck we'll be a completely different club behind the scenes if and when he comes.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:34 - Mar 1 with 598 viewstractorboy1978

Have to remember that Evans is keeping 5% so will still have an interest in the club post-sale.
One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:36 - Mar 1 with 592 viewsHerbivore

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:33 - Mar 1 by Swansea_Blue

Like Hurst was then.

Ah well, we'll see. With a bit of luck we'll be a completely different club behind the scenes if and when he comes.

Not really like Hurst for me. Cook has got a team into the Championship and kept them there and in Wigan and Pompey he's managed clubs much more similar in stature to us than the likes of Grimsby and Shrewsbury. He's less of a gamble than Hurst.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:36 - Mar 1 with 588 viewsDubtractor

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 07:59 - Mar 1 by TractorWood

Feels a bit like Emperor's New Clothes. No one wants him specifically but he is just the choice through pluralistic ignorance.

See Paul Hurst. See Paul Lambert.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 7:59]

Lots on here, myself included, have wanted him here for a while.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:44 - Mar 1 with 559 viewsitfcjoe

Like Hurst was then.

Hurst knocked aeound non league for 5 years, he'd done very well at Shrewsbury but ultimately didn't get them over the line

Cook's record is superb, year on year progress for best part of a decade - he really is a coup to attract here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:52 - Mar 1 with 526 viewsDubtractor

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:44 - Mar 1 by itfcjoe

Hurst knocked aeound non league for 5 years, he'd done very well at Shrewsbury but ultimately didn't get them over the line

Cook's record is superb, year on year progress for best part of a decade - he really is a coup to attract here

Yep, I'm amazed that people can't look at his record over the last decade and see that he is a great capture for us - IF he actually joins. Obviously no guarantees, but a manager with multiple promotions, survival in the championship, and playing half decent football ticks a lot of boxes.

Like you, I wouldn't have minded the Cowleys either, but Cook has always been my first choice.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:58 - Mar 1 with 496 viewsbluejacko

Whoa hold your horses! Lambert has gone,Evans at the moment is still in charge,
If the talk is correct then the takeover is hopefully not far off then the new people will appoint Cook or whoever they want😀
Login to get fewer ads

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 09:00 - Mar 1 with 488 viewsStokieBlue

Like Hurst was then.

Cook has a win % of over 40% for over a decade at 3 different clubs (including Wigan who were a based case). It's nearly 50% at Portsmouth. I know win % isn't an ideal metric but it's something to consider.

At Chesterfield they went from nowhere, to 8th, to winners to L1 playoffs the next season. He won L2 with Chesterfield and Portsmouth and he won L1 with Wigan.

I don't think it's fair to bracket him in with Hurst who only ever did it at Shrewsbury.

Cook might not turn out to be brilliant but on paper he looks a good fit. You really can't mention him in the same breath as Hurst though.

SB
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 9:11]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 09:04 - Mar 1 with 461 viewshype313

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 08:07 - Mar 1 by PJH

Personally I would rather have had Nigel Pearson but whoever comes in should and must get us up out of this division asap.

The last week on the pitch has made doing it this season a bit easier than it looked a while back but that does not take away from my opinion that it should have happened last season.

Why would Pearson go from managing in the PL to a 3rd tier club?

Some fans need a reality check as to where we are.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 09:09 - Mar 1 with 444 viewsthecheek

Barry Fry probably had something to do with it if Evans was involved
One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 09:32 - Mar 1 with 401 viewshadleighboyblue

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 07:58 - Mar 1 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

It probably means we will have to wait to see if the takeover is going to happen before a new manager is appointed .

No point in ME making the appointment if he is selling up .

Paul Cook might be in the frame , but maybe the consortium might want to aim higher
One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 09:37 - Mar 1 with 387 viewsStokieBlue

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 09:32 - Mar 1 by hadleighboyblue

It probably means we will have to wait to see if the takeover is going to happen before a new manager is appointed .

Paul Cook might be in the frame , but maybe the consortium might want to aim higher

Can you give some names by who you mean for "aim higher"?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 09:38 - Mar 1 with 379 viewshype313

One thing confusing me about Paul Cook on 09:32 - Mar 1 by hadleighboyblue

Higher than Cook? Can you give some names?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024