Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really Suffolk Police? 07:51 - Jun 12 with 10651 viewsSteve_M

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-52998661

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Really Suffolk Police? on 09:51 - Jun 12 with 2185 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Really Suffolk Police? on 09:50 - Jun 12 by NewcyBlue

Yeah sorry about that. I was trying to get through to your neighbours garden.

...next time you want to access my neighbours garden, don't smash my 100 year old stained glass window in my front door!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Really Suffolk Police? on 09:52 - Jun 12 with 2185 viewssparks

Really Suffolk Police? on 09:47 - Jun 12 by clive_baker

It's hard to say without any context. For all we know it could've been the 10th time she's been stopped & searched this month despite being perfectly innocent, and I can see why anyone would be frustrated at that and question why their white friends never seem to be. If it happened to me, I would assist them in their investigation and let them be on their way, but with everything that's going on it's very easy for a white male like me to say that.

Id be irritated if there was absolutely no obvious reasno for it.

If I was black- I could be forgiven for thinking that was the reason.

However- we didnt see the start and what actually prompted the enquiry...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Really Suffolk Police? on 09:55 - Jun 12 with 2175 viewsclive_baker

Really Suffolk Police? on 09:50 - Jun 12 by footers

Nail on head. Our reactions to the police and other authority figures are based on previous experience. Like you, I'd probably go along with what they were asking just to get them off my back. But on the other hand, I haven't been stopped and searched for no reason or been told I'm another white person when I'm not, for years.

You can see why black people would take umbrage at that sort of intrusive questioning when just going about normal day-to-day life.

Completely agree. This is why the police need to remain professional. If they've stopped someone on the grounds of genuinely believing them to be suspicious, they're well within their rights to question them. If anything acknowledge the wider context, offer support to the cause, but they still have to do a job and explain that they're being stopped based on their actions and nothing else.

Saying someone is 'jumping on a bandwagon' is completely unacceptable and unsympathetic.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Really Suffolk Police? on 09:56 - Jun 12 with 2167 viewsgiant_stow

Really Suffolk Police? on 09:37 - Jun 12 by ThisIsMyUsername

Ok. No, they are not taught to do it.

Interesting ta. So just comfort with a dash of culture maybe.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Really Suffolk Police? on 09:58 - Jun 12 with 2157 viewsgiant_stow

Really Suffolk Police? on 09:50 - Jun 12 by footers

Nail on head. Our reactions to the police and other authority figures are based on previous experience. Like you, I'd probably go along with what they were asking just to get them off my back. But on the other hand, I haven't been stopped and searched for no reason or been told I'm another white person when I'm not, for years.

You can see why black people would take umbrage at that sort of intrusive questioning when just going about normal day-to-day life.

Yes, extreme compliance and politeness when stopped has actually got me out of a couple of sticky situations.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Really Suffolk Police? on 10:00 - Jun 12 with 2140 viewsPendejo

Really Suffolk Police? on 09:17 - Jun 12 by gazzer1999

Get a grip.

That's exactly what they're doing... Getting a grip of their own nips and tweaking them, pervs the lot of em, always carrying hand cuffs and phallic implements.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Really Suffolk Police? on 10:01 - Jun 12 with 2138 viewsBasuco

Really Suffolk Police? on 09:49 - Jun 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Given the tone of the video and the fact that it's been publicised, I suspect she would have raised a personal history of being stopped and searched.

Yes they would definitely have made a comment about multiple stops by police. The comment about driving off for 15 minutes then returning sounds suspicious to me, I would say, if questioned by police, I drove to the shops/see a mate/whatever the journey was for, not I drove my car and was only gone 15 minutes. Surely it would be more natural to explain the journey in more detail, not create another reason for the police to make 2 + 2 =5. Lots of mistakes on both sides here, but in my view I can see why two police officers felt they were hiding something.
Really Suffolk Police? on 10:06 - Jun 12 with 2105 viewsPendejo

Really Suffolk Police? on 09:27 - Jun 12 by giant_stow

Chaps I think you might be misunderstanding my tone a little (which must be my fault for not being clear). I'm just wonderring why they all seem to do it and whether its something about projecting authority or as Sparks suggests, more about being non-threatenning.

People would complain if they had their hands in their pockets, it is considered lazy and scruffy (isn't it?)

Agree with Sparks about non-threatening body language, also I would assert it is a good height for rapid removal and action in the event of having to defend themselves

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Login to get fewer ads

Really Suffolk Police? on 10:08 - Jun 12 with 2096 viewsclive_baker

Really Suffolk Police? on 09:58 - Jun 12 by giant_stow

Yes, extreme compliance and politeness when stopped has actually got me out of a couple of sticky situations.

Other than dropping a fag butt.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Really Suffolk Police? on 10:08 - Jun 12 with 2090 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Really Suffolk Police? on 09:56 - Jun 12 by giant_stow

Interesting ta. So just comfort with a dash of culture maybe.

Yes. Apologies for misinterpreting your initial tone.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Really Suffolk Police? on 10:09 - Jun 12 with 2091 viewsfactual_blue

This needs no comment really

Life imitating art.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Really Suffolk Police? on 10:11 - Jun 12 with 2075 viewsfooters

Really Suffolk Police? on 10:08 - Jun 12 by clive_baker

That's £80 I'm never getting back.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Really Suffolk Police? on 10:13 - Jun 12 with 2071 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Really Suffolk Police? on 10:01 - Jun 12 by Basuco

Yes they would definitely have made a comment about multiple stops by police. The comment about driving off for 15 minutes then returning sounds suspicious to me, I would say, if questioned by police, I drove to the shops/see a mate/whatever the journey was for, not I drove my car and was only gone 15 minutes. Surely it would be more natural to explain the journey in more detail, not create another reason for the police to make 2 + 2 =5. Lots of mistakes on both sides here, but in my view I can see why two police officers felt they were hiding something.

I don't think the police handled it well, and I can also see the view point of the 'suspects'. I just wondered about any context a longer video may have given.

The good thing is that an apology has been made, and it will be investigated with footage from bodycams.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Really Suffolk Police? on 10:18 - Jun 12 with 2052 viewsgiant_stow

Really Suffolk Police? on 10:08 - Jun 12 by clive_baker

haha! Yes, the environmental protection officers are a different breed - hardcore!

Really Suffolk Police? on 10:18 - Jun 12 with 2051 viewsgiant_stow

Really Suffolk Police? on 10:11 - Jun 12 by footers

That's £80 I'm never getting back.

you too!

Really Suffolk Police? on 10:23 - Jun 12 with 2031 viewsBasuco

Really Suffolk Police? on 10:13 - Jun 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don't think the police handled it well, and I can also see the view point of the 'suspects'. I just wondered about any context a longer video may have given.

The good thing is that an apology has been made, and it will be investigated with footage from bodycams.

Agree, good spot, I didn't notice the police body cam.
Really Suffolk Police? on 11:23 - Jun 12 with 1968 viewsbluelagos

I am struggling to understand what the grounds for suspicion were that led to the police asking to see their licenses. Lots of noise so not possible to hear everything the police said on the clip.

Any thoughts?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Really Suffolk Police? on 11:45 - Jun 12 with 1948 viewsOldsmoker

Really Suffolk Police? on 11:23 - Jun 12 by bluelagos

I am struggling to understand what the grounds for suspicion were that led to the police asking to see their licenses. Lots of noise so not possible to hear everything the police said on the clip.

Any thoughts?

He'd been driving a car.
The policeman wanted to see the license to determine if he owned the car.
DVLA would show him as the registered owner if that was the case.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Really Suffolk Police? on 11:47 - Jun 12 with 1941 viewsbluelagos

Really Suffolk Police? on 11:45 - Jun 12 by Oldsmoker

He'd been driving a car.
The policeman wanted to see the license to determine if he owned the car.
DVLA would show him as the registered owner if that was the case.

Driving a car is not a reasonable reason to ask for a license as far as I am aware. Driving erratically could be, or if a car is reported as stolen.

Really Suffolk Police? on 11:54 - Jun 12 with 1925 viewsOldsmoker

Really Suffolk Police? on 11:47 - Jun 12 by bluelagos

Driving a car is not a reasonable reason to ask for a license as far as I am aware. Driving erratically could be, or if a car is reported as stolen.

I make you right.
He must have broken the "Driving while black" law.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Really Suffolk Police? on 12:35 - Jun 12 with 1892 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Really Suffolk Police? on 11:23 - Jun 12 by bluelagos

Any thoughts?

We don't know what was said by the officers before the camera started rolling, so it is pointless and not particularly useful to speculate on that.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Really Suffolk Police? on 12:46 - Jun 12 with 1871 viewsericclacton

Call the police.

Really Suffolk Police? on 12:49 - Jun 12 with 1863 viewsbluelagos

Really Suffolk Police? on 12:35 - Jun 12 by ThisIsMyUsername

We don't know what was said by the officers before the camera started rolling, so it is pointless and not particularly useful to speculate on that.

We don't. But it would explain whether the reaction was reasonable and/or unreasonable. I would expect the police to have a proper reason but given that one wasn't given in the clip (that I could hear) despite being asked for one - it isn't unreasonable to conclude none was given imho.

You of course are welcome to disagree and to believe a reasonable reason was there, was explained and that was why they chose not to explain it or refer to it on the clip shown, despite being repeatedly asked to.

Really Suffolk Police? on 14:07 - Jun 12 with 1805 viewsitfcjoe

Really Suffolk Police? on 09:47 - Jun 12 by clive_baker

It's hard to say without any context. For all we know it could've been the 10th time she's been stopped & searched this month despite being perfectly innocent, and I can see why anyone would be frustrated at that and question why their white friends never seem to be. If it happened to me, I would assist them in their investigation and let them be on their way, but with everything that's going on it's very easy for a white male like me to say that.

Was listening to an interesting point earlier from a comedian and it is to do with an episode of Seinfeld and his getting coffee in the car with comedians show.

They get pulled over by the police and JS think's it is great because it gives them a good ending to the show. He is with Chris Rock who is scared.

Rock can't understand how JS sees it as no big deal, because it is always a big deal as a black man, even if you are one of the most famous black men in the world.

Obviously it's a bit different in USA, but Rock posted on Instagram 3 times in 7 weeks pictures of him having been pulled over, presumably for driving an expensive car and being black.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Really Suffolk Police? on 14:12 - Jun 12 with 1790 viewssparks

Really Suffolk Police? on 12:49 - Jun 12 by bluelagos

We don't. But it would explain whether the reaction was reasonable and/or unreasonable. I would expect the police to have a proper reason but given that one wasn't given in the clip (that I could hear) despite being asked for one - it isn't unreasonable to conclude none was given imho.

You of course are welcome to disagree and to believe a reasonable reason was there, was explained and that was why they chose not to explain it or refer to it on the clip shown, despite being repeatedly asked to.

Something drew their attention. Either it was unreasonable suspicion at a black person in a car, or something else. I suspect the latter (one imagines police are hyper-aware of the risk of accusations of bias at present)- but without knowing how it started, we dont know.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024