Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? 14:01 - Feb 25 with 6519 viewsSwailsey

Not meant to be divisive - just interested, as it's very hard to actually know.

So, do you believe PL is doing a good job and should stay?

------------------

No and no.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 14:11]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 15:36 - Feb 25 with 1583 viewsSomethingBlue

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 15:20 - Feb 25 by SomethingBlue

No, he's for real on that stuff, some of the shots at it are a bit cheap. Doesn't excuse what's happening on the pitch, it's not a zero-sum game.

[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 15:36]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 15:36 - Feb 25 with 1580 viewsSomethingBlue

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 15:22 - Feb 25 by BlueBadger

If he genuinely thought he could sign Connor Wickham he's even more incompetent than I thought.

[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 15:29]

There's not a single manager on the planet who hasn't said something dumb in a presser. Don't think that undoes the other bits. We are 100% in agreement about the on-pitch fare.

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 15:38 - Feb 25 with 1566 viewsBlueBadger

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 15:29 - Feb 25 by TractorCam

Nice of him to bring that up straight after a 0-0 draw with relegation bound Wimbledon as well.

I honestly don't think that Lambert's PR efforts were any more remarkable than Jewell, Keane or McCarthy's. Different clichés, same b0llocks.

Keane talked us being referred to by Alex Ferguson as a 'proper club'
Jewell talked of playing good football and 'round pegs in round holes'
McCarthy talked about his admiration for the club and fans(and indeed still does, in the main).

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 15:41 - Feb 25 with 1552 viewsBlueBadger

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 15:36 - Feb 25 by SomethingBlue

There's not a single manager on the planet who hasn't said something dumb in a presser. Don't think that undoes the other bits. We are 100% in agreement about the on-pitch fare.

I don't see what he's done off pitch that wasn't all smoke and mirrors. Every Evans era appointment has made motive noises and said 'the right things' when they've come on. They've all, bar one, been utterly shallow PR nonsense. Lambert is slicker at it but ultimately just as shallow.

His much-vaunted off-pitch achievements were built on shifting sands.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 15:42 - Feb 25 with 1546 viewsLankHenners

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 15:11 - Feb 25 by SomethingBlue

I like the guy, even if it is not working out, for one thing because he is for real with the supporter engagement stuff and I am appreciative that he has tried to do it. Perhaps we can say that the fact it's had to be him coming in and doing that speaks volumes. There is no question that he really likes the club and wants to succeed here. But I'm not a fan of how things are going with his team and if it continues to the summer then unfortunately he needs to go.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 15:12]

"Perhaps we can say that the fact it's had to be him coming in and doing that speaks volumes." That's it for me - it highlights Evans' lack of knowledge and due care and attention that a) the first team manager had to sort that sort of stuff out in the first place, and b) it was used as a decent part of explaining the 5 year deal.

As for Lambert, he's done a frankly terrible job on the pitch and should have been binned off a few months ago. It's his primary remit and he's failed. A club our size should be able to handle the off-field stuff without him.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 15:42 - Feb 25 with 1542 viewsitfcjoe

I'm a No in both camps.

Ultimately the best thing for ITFC fans is for it to click though with him here rather than start again - but I don't see it happeneing.

Too many opportunities wasted - the free hit last year, being miles clear at the top of the league this year.

I don't like the PR Paul term, I think he is genunie in that and has done a good job - unfortunately get it wrong on the pitch and it looks like shallow PR work, get it right on the pitch and it would be rightly lauded.

But, bar something from nowhere, we've messed this season up - and it was probably the most important season to get right in our recent history - with a 30 game run up into it and 2 transfer windows that's inexcusable

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 15:47 - Feb 25 with 1519 viewsSomethingBlue

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 15:41 - Feb 25 by BlueBadger

I don't see what he's done off pitch that wasn't all smoke and mirrors. Every Evans era appointment has made motive noises and said 'the right things' when they've come on. They've all, bar one, been utterly shallow PR nonsense. Lambert is slicker at it but ultimately just as shallow.

His much-vaunted off-pitch achievements were built on shifting sands.

He's done his best with it. What was he meant to do? Ok, so it hasn't worked out on the pitch but that does not make him a fraud or a spoofer for trying to bring together a club where the atmosphere was utter dogsh7t and the infrastructure beneath the manager to change anything totally nonexistent. Shouldn't especially have been his job but ITFC is, as you know, little more than a shell. I've got a lot of respect for the way he did it and for the intentions, which I am extremely confident in saying were & are very good. Sadly on the pitch it isn't good enough and barring a stunning run until May a change is what we need. Don't think those things contradict one another at all.

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 15:58 - Feb 25 with 1496 viewsBlueBadger

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 15:47 - Feb 25 by SomethingBlue

He's done his best with it. What was he meant to do? Ok, so it hasn't worked out on the pitch but that does not make him a fraud or a spoofer for trying to bring together a club where the atmosphere was utter dogsh7t and the infrastructure beneath the manager to change anything totally nonexistent. Shouldn't especially have been his job but ITFC is, as you know, little more than a shell. I've got a lot of respect for the way he did it and for the intentions, which I am extremely confident in saying were & are very good. Sadly on the pitch it isn't good enough and barring a stunning run until May a change is what we need. Don't think those things contradict one another at all.

The atmosphere was similar under Magilton. It got better under Keane, despite, like Lambert, is becoming patently clear very quickly he wasn't up to the job. Hell, we were moribund atmosphere-wise under Jewell and McCarthy lifted it by the rather more sustainable means of actually winning some games.
Een Hurst made the atmosphere better, FFS.

'Improving the atmosphere' is ultimately a very, very hollow achievement if you've got absolutely nothing to back it up with.
The only thing that genuinely surprises me about it that people still seem to think that he's somehow unique at this.

Login to get fewer ads

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 16:00 - Feb 25 with 1496 viewsSomethingBlue

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 15:58 - Feb 25 by BlueBadger

The atmosphere was similar under Magilton. It got better under Keane, despite, like Lambert, is becoming patently clear very quickly he wasn't up to the job. Hell, we were moribund atmosphere-wise under Jewell and McCarthy lifted it by the rather more sustainable means of actually winning some games.
Een Hurst made the atmosphere better, FFS.

'Improving the atmosphere' is ultimately a very, very hollow achievement if you've got absolutely nothing to back it up with.
The only thing that genuinely surprises me about it that people still seem to think that he's somehow unique at this.

Don't think he's unique, just don't think he's some sort of shallow PR fluff man and that it's all been some calculated wheeze to fool everyone while he c8cks up on the pitch. Too far.

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 16:06 - Feb 25 with 1482 viewshomer_123

All the good work he has undertaken off the pitch has been undone by his odd mid season disastrous approach on the pitch.

I'm still firmly of the belief that he wrongly got a free hit end of last season. He was brought in to stave off relegation - he never remotely got us anywhere near that - a disaster, whilst not his own making, he didn't do anything to really address.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 16:11 - Feb 25 with 1477 viewsSteve_M

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 15:18 - Feb 25 by BlueBadger

Even the supporter engagement stuff is all smoke and mirrors. Look at the nonsense he came out with at the end of January about attempting to sign Connor Wickham.

No it isn't. The on pitch stuff has not been good enough but there is no need to denigrate the very necessary off-field stuff that has been left undone for most of the last decade.

For someone who's - rightly - spent years mocking those who get excited about things said in press conferences you might want to apply consistency here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 16:18 - Feb 25 with 1462 viewsMetal_Hacker

Simple no all round ...don't hate the guy and never would but on the pitch....clueless !!

Poll: If it were one or the other

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 16:21 - Feb 25 with 1452 viewsKieran_Knows

No and no.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 16:28 - Feb 25 with 1432 viewsmo_itfc

No and No.

The nail in the coffin for me was away at Wimbeldon...
We needed to win that game, but played a very defensive team!
5 defenders (2 full backs who also play CB)
3 defensive midfielders (Huws can pass, but still fairly defensive)
and 2 fowards stuck with barely any passes towards them!
It was obvious we weren't going to score a goal in a game which we needed to have won!

He's a failure as a match day manager... does great with PR though!
Maybe his future should be director of football (or PR)

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 17:03 - Feb 25 with 1398 viewstextbackup

Peterbourgh game lost me. Even if we go up I think he’s sht

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 18:25 - Feb 25 with 1353 viewsBlueBadger

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 16:00 - Feb 25 by SomethingBlue

Don't think he's unique, just don't think he's some sort of shallow PR fluff man and that it's all been some calculated wheeze to fool everyone while he c8cks up on the pitch. Too far.

He's come in and done very, very little media-wise to what any football manager does. I don't get why he's somehow 'different'.

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 20:09 - Feb 25 with 1318 viewssouthnorfolkblue

No I don’t think that he’s doing a particularly good job but I think that he should stay. He picked up a Club in free fall. Fans were voting with their feet in droves towards the end of Mick’s time. Hurst came in and ripped the spine out of the team.

We have been left with a mix of ageing journeymen, players with dubious fitness records and some largely unproven youngsters. This needs a massive rebuild so I would give him another season.

Before anybody jumps down my throat, I am not sold on him particularly - I never swallowed his sound bites last season. I find some of his substitutions bemusing and believe that his rotation policy is partly responsible for our downturn in form, but we desperately need some continuity and whilst I found the timing of the new contract bizarre, I see the logic behind Evans thinking. I cling to the hope (may be misguided) that our longer term will be better served by sticking with him.

Poll: Our final position

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 04:19 - Feb 26 with 1253 viewsIPS_wich

Was thoroughly unconvinced last season but thought he needed the benefit of doubt for the mess he inherited.

Was warming to him because of how he was getting the fans onside earlier in this season, but still had concerns that we were not playing very well.

Been a firm no from me since mid-December - probably the Bristol Rovers game. A combination of lack of system, style of play, and poor use of substitutes.

Can't blame it all on Evans, because objectively I think we are only a striker away from having the best squad in the division. Lambert has to carry the responsibility for our performance week to week - the only lever Evans has to influence our performances is to sack the manager.
Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 07:06 - Feb 26 with 1238 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Started season well and its got away from him. We're in a bad spell but going to wait until end of season still. If he gets us playoffs i'll stick with him. If we continue to slide then its hard to justify him staying. If we pick up form.but just miss out then its tough one.

I do think he has approached a lot in the right way. I thin he is trying to bring the kids through and part of me wants to see this carried through with dobra an El mizouni etc next year. Rotation gamble has backfired but next season he'll hopefukly start with players with more time back from long term injuries e.g hurst and bish etc so less need to do that.

He's not a bad manager but he's got to be at risk now as we come to the end.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 07:08 - Feb 26 with 1238 viewsKeaneish

No and No from me too. I was willing to judge him at the end of the season but 9th in League One is astonishing ad far beyond how bad I ever expected it to get. It’s a catastrophic failure of the highest magnitude. Even if he gets us promoted now, I want someone else in for next season.

When judging how good a manager is, I always look at how well players have developed over the course of a season. I think most if not all have plateaued or gone backwards other than maybe Downes.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 07:17 - Feb 26 with 1233 viewsBluefish

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 15:47 - Feb 25 by SomethingBlue

Quite staggering, a few PR stunts for you (and pretty much only you) seem to excuse him being the worst manager in our history. His record is atrocious, the lack of style and direction is atrocious. We have been awful for his entire reign.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 07:24 - Feb 26 with 1224 viewsPlums

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 14:10 - Feb 25 by BigManBlue

Not to be pedantic, but that's technically two questions...

No, he's not doing a good job. And no, he shouldn't stay... But I shudder to think who might be next.

No and no.
I will certainly be far more cautious in heralding his successor, we’ve had too many naked emperors during ME’s tenure.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 07:28 - Feb 26 with 1217 viewsBluefish

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 07:08 - Feb 26 by Keaneish

No and No from me too. I was willing to judge him at the end of the season but 9th in League One is astonishing ad far beyond how bad I ever expected it to get. It’s a catastrophic failure of the highest magnitude. Even if he gets us promoted now, I want someone else in for next season.

When judging how good a manager is, I always look at how well players have developed over the course of a season. I think most if not all have plateaued or gone backwards other than maybe Downes.

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 08:04 - Feb 26 with 1191 viewsKeaneish

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 07:28 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

Such a clown. You seem to think I’m a PL die hard because I called you out for your nonsense shout of sacking a manager in December, which we all agreed was ridiculous. My stance has always been the same.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 08:07 - Feb 26 with 1184 viewsBluefish

Yes/No - Are there actually any fans of Lambert left? on 08:04 - Feb 26 by Keaneish

Such a clown. You seem to think I’m a PL die hard because I called you out for your nonsense shout of sacking a manager in December, which we all agreed was ridiculous. My stance has always been the same.

Wonderful. You call out someone suggesting things are terrible and saying we need a change because we are not going up but just 2 months later now agree with that stance but seem to claim you know best. It is an obvious example that you have no idea on the football on display and judge it all by the league table. I could teach a toddler to judge if a team is 9th in the league table. Perhaps in the future pay attention to those that understand football and save your blushes.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024