Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! 14:00 - Feb 13 with 19891 viewsartsbossbeard

Alf Ramsey Statue at 2pm

Wake up or sell up protest against the current ownership and management at Ipswich Town Football Club #itfc

I'm going along just to point and laugh at both of them. If I can be bothered to leave the pub, of course.

#tinpot

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 16:40 - Feb 13 with 4528 viewsMullet

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 16:35 - Feb 13 by manchego

One of us has to buy the club before we can point out that we are sinking fast and probably staying in Division 3.
You really need a slap.

I think everyone including Evans knows and can see that though. Maybe it suits him to model us a big Div 3 club and this is part of the process? Certainly the Champ got far too rich for his blood, so it makes sense.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 16:41 - Feb 13 with 4517 viewsNotSure

You could say the same thing about going to Number 10 and protesting about Johnson.
Nothing will change but at least they are making their feelings known.
Someone has pointed out to the organiser that.... on 16:52 - Feb 13 with 4476 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Someone has pointed out to the organiser that.... on 15:05 - Feb 13 by artsbossbeard

Ah, The Marcus Evans Out Popular Front then.

Not that one, i think you will find it is actually The Popular Front For Marcus Evans Out this time.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 16:57 - Feb 13 with 4461 viewsChondzoresk

Well, they are entitled if they want to. It won’t make a spot of difference to our situation.
Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 18:20 - Feb 13 with 4392 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:34 - Feb 13 by monytowbray

I think you'll find you're in a minority who feel it's an over reaction at this point. Good on them.

Well said Callis. We rarely agree but you’re spot on here.

It’s surely not a minority who think Evans is a detriment to the club these days.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 18:36 - Feb 13 with 4360 viewsartsbossbeard

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 18:20 - Feb 13 by The_Romford_Blue

Well said Callis. We rarely agree but you’re spot on here.

It’s surely not a minority who think Evans is a detriment to the club these days.

Get involved, Student Grant.

#51 apparently.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 18:46 - Feb 13 with 4332 viewsclive_baker

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 16:36 - Feb 13 by manchego

jeezuz when and how do you see this turning around ?

I think it could swing back to wins as quickly as it did the other way to defeats. Are we a great side? Absolutely not. Are we capable of finishing in the top 6 (especially given our run in) and beating a Coventry or Portsmouth type side over 2 legs followed by a 1 off game at Wembley? Yes. We might not do it, but we've got half a chance so when not bite our tongues for a few more weeks and see where the season is heading?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 18:50 - Feb 13 with 4327 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 18:36 - Feb 13 by artsbossbeard

Get involved, Student Grant.

#51 apparently.

After Tuesday, I’ve said that I’m not going saturday now.

Although by tomorrow that might’ve changed if my anger subsides. Seeing sears has given up effectively for the top 2 didn’t help my mood today though

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Login to get fewer ads

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 18:52 - Feb 13 with 4316 viewsmanchego

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 15:53 - Feb 13 by artsbossbeard

I, er, suggest getting the season done and dusted, finding out where we end up and then let the kids have their ickle-wickle protest then if final position dictates.

pathetic.
we'll be stuck here for 20 years you dope.
Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 18:52 - Feb 13 with 4315 viewsartsbossbeard

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 18:50 - Feb 13 by The_Romford_Blue

Although by tomorrow that might’ve changed if my anger subsides. Seeing sears has given up effectively for the top 2 didn’t help my mood today though

I'll tell the group to put you down as a maybe.

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 18:54 - Feb 13 with 4310 viewsLB27

Something needs to be done and it has to start somewhere, people joining in shouldn’t be ridiculed for voicing their opinions in a peaceful way.

I can’t see this club going anywhere in the right direction with Evans and Lambert in and that’s the view of many, leading to protests that can hardly be seen as uncalled for.
Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 18:55 - Feb 13 with 4304 viewsmanchego

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 16:40 - Feb 13 by Mullet

I think everyone including Evans knows and can see that though. Maybe it suits him to model us a big Div 3 club and this is part of the process? Certainly the Champ got far too rich for his blood, so it makes sense.

It makes no sense to anyone who give a damn about the club to stay in this division. We will be finished.
Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 18:58 - Feb 13 with 4291 viewsBackToRussia

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 18:52 - Feb 13 by manchego

pathetic.

Yeah, but more importantly, looking cool on an internet forum.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 18:58 - Feb 13 with 4291 viewsartsbossbeard

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 18:52 - Feb 13 by manchego

pathetic.

Apologies, I've touched a nerve. 2x insults in 2 x posts. Are you the organiser?

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 19:00 - Feb 13 with 4278 viewsartsbossbeard

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 18:58 - Feb 13 by BackToRussia

Yeah, but more importantly, looking cool on an internet forum.

Don't need no Internet forum to look cool, comrade.

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 19:09 - Feb 13 with 4247 viewsblueconscience

Keep on being easily pleased, young Artsbossbeard.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 19:10 - Feb 13 with 4245 viewsJDB23

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 15:21 - Feb 13 by hatch

Are we this much of an entitled fanbase that we think we deserve to be at the top of the league?

I get it's not all rosy but you can't have all 23 clubs meeting fans expectations, some have to suffer along the way.

I agree with the comment earlier, a small section of our fans can unfortunately create our bad destiny. Protests and getting on Evans back will not change anything, it will make him question why he bothers to continue losing money on a club. More than that it creates negativity at a crucial time in the season where we need everyone behind the team.

Fickle, entitled and pathetic. Use your energy to get behind the club and the team and re-evaluate at the end of the season.

Why are you acting like this season is in isolation?
Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 19:12 - Feb 13 with 4230 viewsartsbossbeard

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 19:09 - Feb 13 by blueconscience

Keep on being easily pleased, young Artsbossbeard.

Nice avatar.

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 19:15 - Feb 13 with 4217 viewsjas0999

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:13 - Feb 13 by portmanking

Why would you point and laugh at fellow fans passionate about their club going down the swanny?

Agreed.evans has got away with it for years and barely been challenged. It’s time he realised that folk are anything but happy regarding his ownership.

Much better these type of protests rather than at the game.
Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 19:16 - Feb 13 with 4212 viewseireblue

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 18:50 - Feb 13 by The_Romford_Blue

I suppose you could go for the protest, take some selfies, and then go home.

Then email ME and the club, stating you are quite happy to spend money, but not to further subside ME’s ownership, and prove it using the pictures.
Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 19:16 - Feb 13 with 4209 viewsblueconscience

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 19:12 - Feb 13 by artsbossbeard

Nice avatar.

Thanks, had it for a year or so now, have wanted Evans out for 9 years, god help me
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 19:17]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 19:17 - Feb 13 with 4205 viewsjas0999

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:24 - Feb 13 by Vaughan8

You're right. Too many people are just saying "Evans Out" without a proper solution. Who in reality is going to take over this club...…? Not a lot of people.

Unless people are going to buy him out, what is this really going to achieve. Its not all Evans' fault anyway. Can't blame him for our lack of goals.

... Evans admits to having offers but it didn’t reach his valuation. He’s no doubt being greedy. A protest may force his hand to accept a lot less for the club.
Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 19:20 - Feb 13 with 4184 viewsBloomBlue

When you say 'both' are you counting Sir Alf's statue in that total?

I'll go and shout 'if you don't want ME then buy the club off him' if they reply 'I would if I could' I'll reply "well get off your ar$e and start a company like ME and buy the club and if your not prepared to do that then stop feeling entitled"
Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 19:24 - Feb 13 with 4167 viewsartsbossbeard

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 19:20 - Feb 13 by BloomBlue

When you say 'both' are you counting Sir Alf's statue in that total?

I'll go and shout 'if you don't want ME then buy the club off him' if they reply 'I would if I could' I'll reply "well get off your ar$e and start a company like ME and buy the club and if your not prepared to do that then stop feeling entitled"

Exactly!

"What do we want: Evans out!"

"Good day to you both, who pays the bills if Evans goes then?"

"What do we want: Evans out"! "

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 21:00 - Feb 13 with 4067 viewsbraveblue

You should be laughing in a mirror.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024