Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This business with Connor Wickham.... 13:48 - Feb 12 with 6416 viewsBloots

....I assume this was covered last night, but I missed it, so if we did try and get him on loan then this implies that there was some money available for reinforcements.

So why did we then not get someone in who was in our price range?

It would be like being homeless singleton who could afford a nice two bedroom flat, refusing to buy anything other than an 8 bedroom mansion, and preferring to live on the streets.

Of course the alternative is that our manager is a massive liar.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 14:24]

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 19:18 - Feb 12 with 842 viewshampstead_blue

I'd like to buy this car..... https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2018-bmw-alpina-b5-biturbo

...however, sadly I cannot afford it.

Should I bid £10 just in case?

PL trying to get CW in simply shows he has a very poor; 1) intellect 2) understanding of business 3) grasp of reality

It shows him as the holder of a rather low IQ.
Very poor indeed.

If that's his idea of an achievable transfer...then I need to readjust my own levels of realism.

PL, you've made yourself look a fool.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

But if you desperately needed a car.... on 19:22 - Feb 12 with 838 viewsBloots

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 19:18 - Feb 12 by hampstead_blue

I'd like to buy this car..... https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2018-bmw-alpina-b5-biturbo

...however, sadly I cannot afford it.

Should I bid £10 just in case?

PL trying to get CW in simply shows he has a very poor; 1) intellect 2) understanding of business 3) grasp of reality

It shows him as the holder of a rather low IQ.
Very poor indeed.

If that's his idea of an achievable transfer...then I need to readjust my own levels of realism.

PL, you've made yourself look a fool.

….then surely you'd just buy one for less, within your price range.

Rather than just spend the rest of your life walking around.

In the rain.

Barefoot.

In misery.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 22:14 - Feb 12 with 761 viewsMullet

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 14:02 - Feb 12 by LankHenners

Genuinely, I'm assuming we were in for a few players and didn't want to pay what was been asked so Lambert named the most outrageous inquiry to make it sound like we were showing some ambition and also thought it might spur some goodwill with Wickham being ex-Town and all that.

Instead it made him, and us, look like a fcking idiot.

It does make you wonder if the brass at the club know what situation we are in.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 22:49 - Feb 12 with 725 viewsLankHenners

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 22:14 - Feb 12 by Mullet

It does make you wonder if the brass at the club know what situation we are in.

It does seem like we're a bit gormless.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 07:11 - Feb 13 with 616 viewsjas0999

If there was money available, the likelihood is it was peanuts and we couldn’t source the type of player we needed for such a low budget. That’s what happened to MM a few years back. Couldn’t get the right player in the funding bracket Evans was looking at. I.e. cheap.
But if you desperately needed a car.... on 07:19 - Feb 13 with 606 viewshampstead_blue

But if you desperately needed a car.... on 19:22 - Feb 12 by Bloots

….then surely you'd just buy one for less, within your price range.

Rather than just spend the rest of your life walking around.

In the rain.

Barefoot.

In misery.

But, I've won the Champions League. Top player you know....trophies.....top european leagues.....international........

.....stay awake, I demand you stay awake during my reminiscing....

On another topic, I love Alpina's but alas.....

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

This business with Connor Wickham.... on 08:19 - Feb 13 with 555 viewsr2d2

He was never coming here. I honestly thought Lambert was joking to start with. Then he obviously meant it, l was amazed. Who in their right mind thought he would drop 2 divisions? Only maybe Evans, O Neil and Lambert. What a bunch of embarrassing numpties.
This business with Connor Wickham.... on 08:40 - Feb 13 with 541 viewstractorshark

The saddest thing is if money was available why didn’t he go for Szmodics? A player who has made a massive difference to Peterborough, was more realistically attainable and, by all accounts, wasn’t averse to the move.
The Wickham revelation just smacks of a desperate PR stunt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024