Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young 10:49 - Feb 12 with 4612 viewsMaySixth

it started to go pear-shaped with his injury and then when Garbutt is out as well in a 3-5-2 we really are up the creek with the other options (no fault of Donacien and Earl, they aren't wing backs).

will make a big difference with Garbutt and Edwards back on Saturday and Judge in the middle behind a front two

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 10:51 - Feb 12 with 4605 viewsMrTown

Worst performer was Wilson, another game goes by where he is shanking everything into touch.

Woolfenden - Chambers - Earl : back 3 please.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 12:41 - Feb 12 with 4525 viewsMaySixth

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 10:51 - Feb 12 by MrTown

Worst performer was Wilson, another game goes by where he is shanking everything into touch.

Yes, Wilson looked very low on confidence last night.
I just thought the same - get Earl in the back three when Garbutt is back on the left

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 12:46 - Feb 12 with 4508 viewskizaitfc

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 10:51 - Feb 12 by MrTown

Chambers is pretty similar in terms of shanking it though, its either sideways, backwards or lofted forwards

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 12:48 - Feb 12 with 4502 viewsSomethingBlue

Drove me crazy when, with what was basically one final chance to get the ball upfield, he leathered it over the stand when the angle to wrap his foot around it was perfectly fine. Earl-Chambers-Woolfenden would be well balanced and up to what we require technically.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 13:08 - Feb 12 with 4462 viewsmarchy

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 12:48 - Feb 12 by SomethingBlue

Drove me crazy when, with what was basically one final chance to get the ball upfield, he leathered it over the stand when the angle to wrap his foot around it was perfectly fine. Earl-Chambers-Woolfenden would be well balanced and up to what we require technically.

Welp, that's where only financing us to the degree that we pick up a career reserve who a mid-table League One side had no further use for gets ya.

Although quite why the hell Lambert still hasn't seen fit to pick up Tommy Smith is beyond me.
Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 13:09 - Feb 12 with 4460 viewsReuser_is_God

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 12:48 - Feb 12 by SomethingBlue

Earl is sh1t on the ball too.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 13:36 - Feb 12 with 4442 viewskizaitfc

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 13:09 - Feb 12 by Reuser_is_God

You can tell that from just one game?

Ever thought about going into scouting?

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 13:38 - Feb 12 with 4440 viewsReuser_is_God

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 13:36 - Feb 12 by kizaitfc

You can tell that from just one game?

Ever thought about going into scouting?

If you can't tell from 90 minutes whether a player is or isn't comfortable on the ball then you obviously don't really know much about football.

He was woeful last night but thankfully for him he also had Donacien & Wilson on the pitch.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 13:39 - Feb 12 with 4429 viewsr2d2

You cant rely so much on one player. Its ridiculous to have no plan b and c.
Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 13:50 - Feb 12 with 4413 viewsbadadski

Our first dip actually co-incided witrh Garbutt not playing on left wing and going to left wing back. KVY was just icing on the cake.
Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 13:52 - Feb 12 with 4403 viewsChrisd

I wonder if Wilson had ever thought of a career as a full back in rugby union? He could get some good territory for teams with those clearances into touch.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 8:06]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 19:05 - Feb 12 with 4286 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

So where are the reserves /youth team wing backs to fill in when KVY n Garbutt are out?
Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 19:23 - Feb 12 with 4259 viewshampstead_blue

You had me until you mentioned Judge.

He's so ineffective. I recall another winger whom MM loved, Paul something. Ran lots, end product = further disappointment.

Judge is not a solution. Get Bishop fit or keep Skuse behind Downes and Huws are better than Judge, IMHO.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 19:52 - Feb 12 with 4208 viewsQuilterstown

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 19:23 - Feb 12 by hampstead_blue

He's so ineffective. I recall another winger whom MM loved, Paul something. Ran lots, end product = further disappointment.

Judge is not a solution. Get Bishop fit or keep Skuse behind Downes and Huws are better than Judge, IMHO.

While Wolf and Downes have been exceptional in their positions, KVY and Garbutt have provided the most attacking potential. Agree that the season lost shape when we lost KVY. Lambert had no luck there. In fact, he's not been a lucky manager.
Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 21:47 - Feb 12 with 4092 viewsbadadski

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 19:23 - Feb 12 by hampstead_blue

Paul Anderson had usually a few games and many assists and actually was good at tracking back. nothing wrong with him. judge not lived up to expectations.
Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 07:57 - Feb 13 with 3947 viewsbadadski

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 21:47 - Feb 12 by badadski

Paul Anderson had usually a few games and many assists and actually was good at tracking back. nothing wrong with him. judge not lived up to expectations.

Also season to season you will also note that our successful spells are purely down to one or two outstanding individuals having a purple patch and making up for the rest of the lacklustre team.

When they are missing we turn into and play exactly like the team that we are - bang average
Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 08:29 - Feb 13 with 3918 viewsclive_baker

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 13:38 - Feb 12 by Reuser_is_God

If you can't tell from 90 minutes whether a player is or isn't comfortable on the ball then you obviously don't really know much about football.

He was woeful last night but thankfully for him he also had Donacien & Wilson on the pitch.

Correct.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 08:46 - Feb 13 with 3892 viewsKieran_Knows

Well that's the problem (ala Mick with Murph), we're still trying to play the same way even though the players coming in for them aren't up to it.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 08:52 - Feb 13 with 3885 viewstractorshark

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 21:47 - Feb 12 by badadski

Anderson (and Tabb) were very effective, particularly in 2014/15. Classic case of the team being stronger than the individuals.
They weren’t flair players, they didn’t really excite but they shielded the defence and allowed us to win tight games.
Ironically, when we brought in more skilful players like Fraser and Lawrence, we were never as effective as a team.
I’m not saying it was just down to Anderson leaving because Murphy’s contribution was immense but he and Tabb more than played their part.
Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 09:22 - Feb 13 with 3847 viewsSamWhiteUK

Watching last night, realised how much we really miss Vincent-Young on 13:09 - Feb 12 by Reuser_is_God

Based on one game when he played out of position and had to do things with the ball he wouldn't normally do. Brilliant.

What did you think of Chalobah last year, out of interest? I ask because in his first few games for us he looked bloody panicky on the ball, now he's where? And we are where we are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024