Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... 15:04 - Nov 27 with 4234 viewsITFC_Forever

... in the club's folklore, along with:

- Bob Hamer awarding a penalty against Phil Whelan for a perfect tackle on Dean Saunders in August 1992.
- Clive Thomas and his 70's antics in the FAC semi-finals.
- The ref who awarded the goal against us (Clive Thomas again if I am not mistaken) when it hit the outside of the stanchion.
- Kevin Lynch giving a penalty, then changing his mind, to give us (and then not) the chance to equalise late on at Carrow Road in November 1995.
- Paul Durkin sending off John Wark, again at Carrow Road, this time in Autumn 1994.

It's particularly special when you an remember the name of the ref in question. That's the true measure of incompetence.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 15:34]

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:13 - Nov 27 with 1980 viewsbadadski

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:09 - Nov 27 by blueislander

There was no attempt to play the ball. In ordinary open play it would have been a yellow.

He was referring too the non penalty, as was indeed if outside of the area, it should have been a free kick, not a penalty and chambers being sent off as last man.
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:14 - Nov 27 with 1979 viewsSteve_M

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:12 - Nov 27 by BlueRaider

Keren Barrett - Cambridge away, 1992, allowed their goal when their player basically barged into Craig Forrest

Thank you, knew he had a stupid spelling of his name in there but couldn't remember it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:21 - Nov 27 with 1958 viewsPJH

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:58 - Nov 27 by blueislander

As was I.

Why didn't you introduce yourself then?
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:25 - Nov 27 with 1953 viewsblueislander

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:21 - Nov 27 by PJH

Why didn't you introduce yourself then?

I was actually pretty p-shed, and tripped and badly sprained my ankle. An officer of the law didn’t believe me when I was slow in leaving the ground., and treated me rather roughly.
Given the number of Town games we have seen , it is probably true that we have been in close proximity to each other.
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:27 - Nov 27 with 1946 viewsEastTownBlue

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:37 - Nov 27 by GeoffSentence

Forrest being called over to the ref to be booked, and the ref allowing Man U to take a quick free kick before he could get back for the 8th goal in that game.

Travesty.

If Graham three yellow cards Poll had disallowed that goal Southampton would have the record defeat.
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:29 - Nov 27 with 1944 viewsPJH

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:25 - Nov 27 by blueislander

I was actually pretty p-shed, and tripped and badly sprained my ankle. An officer of the law didn’t believe me when I was slow in leaving the ground., and treated me rather roughly.
Given the number of Town games we have seen , it is probably true that we have been in close proximity to each other.

In 1970 we could have discussed the merits of rock n roll and 60's music and Cole Skuse would not have been mentioned.

Just realised that I was still a teenager when that game was played!
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:32 - Nov 27 with 1937 viewsblueislander

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:29 - Nov 27 by PJH

In 1970 we could have discussed the merits of rock n roll and 60's music and Cole Skuse would not have been mentioned.

Just realised that I was still a teenager when that game was played!

We could have discussed the elegant defensive talents of Derek Jefferson.
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:36 - Nov 27 with 1929 viewsPJH

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:32 - Nov 27 by blueislander

We could have discussed the elegant defensive talents of Derek Jefferson.

Geoff Hammond's debut that day too.-just checked and Chopper Jefferson was not playing, had no starts between 5th September and mid February.Mick McNeil and Billy Baxter were central defence.
Login to get fewer ads

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:39 - Nov 27 with 1919 viewsblueislander

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:36 - Nov 27 by PJH

Geoff Hammond's debut that day too.-just checked and Chopper Jefferson was not playing, had no starts between 5th September and mid February.Mick McNeil and Billy Baxter were central defence.

We would probably have argued as to whether he should have been. When was Baxter’s last game , presumably in the first season of Robson’s tenure.?
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:46 - Nov 27 with 1896 viewsPJH

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:39 - Nov 27 by blueislander

We would probably have argued as to whether he should have been. When was Baxter’s last game , presumably in the first season of Robson’s tenure.?

F.A. Cup game at WBA, which I was also at-Blue Arrow trip I think, on 23rd January 1971.
Not sure on what date he and Tommy Carroll had their difference of opinion with Bobby Robson but Tommy Carroll's last game was not until the following August.

Bobby Robson had been at the club two years before Billy Baxter left.
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:49 - Nov 27 with 1891 viewsblueislander

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:46 - Nov 27 by PJH

F.A. Cup game at WBA, which I was also at-Blue Arrow trip I think, on 23rd January 1971.
Not sure on what date he and Tommy Carroll had their difference of opinion with Bobby Robson but Tommy Carroll's last game was not until the following August.

Bobby Robson had been at the club two years before Billy Baxter left.

Blue Arrow ! TWTD.
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:51 - Nov 27 with 1883 viewsPJH

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:49 - Nov 27 by blueislander

Blue Arrow ! TWTD.

Yes, usually Morningtown Ride the first record played as I remember it anyway.
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:53 - Nov 27 with 1879 viewsSwansea_Blue

You can add Van Nistlerooy's penalty that shouldn't have been too. Possibly one of the most important decisions not to go our way.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 17:13 - Nov 27 with 1858 viewsITFC_Forever

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:53 - Nov 27 by Swansea_Blue

You can add Van Nistlerooy's penalty that shouldn't have been too. Possibly one of the most important decisions not to go our way.

Wasn't that Graham Poll as well?

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 18:17 - Nov 27 with 1825 viewsEastTownBlue

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 17:13 - Nov 27 by ITFC_Forever

Wasn't that Graham Poll as well?

Rob Styles
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 19:18 - Nov 27 with 1800 viewsPendejo

To provide balance to the force...

A referee who always seemed to give things our way

The one, the only Alf Buksh

https://www.football-addict.com/en/article/ipswich-town-fc/itfc-nostalgia-refere

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024