Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conservative manifesto 19:18 - Nov 24 with 8105 viewsHerbivore

Looks to be less a manifesto and more a couple of slogans endlessly repeated. It's shockingly lacking in detail and substance and offers no real vision for the country.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Conservative manifesto on 09:41 - Nov 25 with 936 viewsflimflam

Conservative manifesto on 19:57 - Nov 24 by m14_blue

Pretty much where I'm at.

Still not in the least convinced by Corbyn and incredibly frustrated that he has offered such feeble opposition to a catastrophic Government.

But I just can't see how any normal person (ultra rich excluded) could even consider voting Tory. It's just bonkers.

There is the little thing called Brexit and they are the only party promising to make it happen apart from the Brexit Party obviously.

There is the answer you are looking for why non wealthy people feel forced into voting for them as non of the other parties will give them Brexit.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Conservative manifesto on 09:45 - Nov 25 with 926 viewsHerbivore

Conservative manifesto on 09:41 - Nov 25 by flimflam

There is the little thing called Brexit and they are the only party promising to make it happen apart from the Brexit Party obviously.

There is the answer you are looking for why non wealthy people feel forced into voting for them as non of the other parties will give them Brexit.

Labour will give them a choice on Brexit. If the people still want Brexit then it will happen under Labour. What this suggests to me is that you are concerned that leave wouldn't win a second referendum.

Conservative manifesto on 09:52 - Nov 25 with 910 viewsSwansea_Blue

Conservative manifesto on 09:41 - Nov 25 by flimflam

"There is the little thing called Brexit".

Not any more there isn't. It's BreXmas now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Conservative manifesto on 09:54 - Nov 25 with 907 viewsflimflam

Conservative manifesto on 09:45 - Nov 25 by Herbivore

Labour will give them a choice on Brexit. If the people still want Brexit then it will happen under Labour. What this suggests to me is that you are concerned that leave wouldn't win a second referendum.

I have openly said on here several times I would of welcomed a referendum a while back but that ship has passed now. And leave would win by an even bigger majority.

People are fed up and just want it done and I know of people who voted remain who feel that way also.

The views posted on here are not a true reflection of the majority of the outside world how ever much you all try to convince yourselves otherwise.

I said the other other day Labour should be smashing this election but the fact they are not shows what a shambles they are. Tories will win a 30 seat majority.

Conservative manifesto on 09:59 - Nov 25 with 895 viewsHerbivore

Conservative manifesto on 09:54 - Nov 25 by flimflam

I have openly said on here several times I would of welcomed a referendum a while back but that ship has passed now. And leave would win by an even bigger majority.

People are fed up and just want it done and I know of people who voted remain who feel that way also.

The views posted on here are not a true reflection of the majority of the outside world how ever much you all try to convince yourselves otherwise.

I said the other other day Labour should be smashing this election but the fact they are not shows what a shambles they are. Tories will win a 30 seat majority.

If you think leave, once a concrete leave option is on the ballot paper, would win a bigger majority then I genuinely think you're deluded. Remain has been ahead in the polls consistently for 18 months and there are leave voters who won't vote for any form of deal and other leave voters who wouldn't support a no deal.

The idea that people just want to get Brexit done is so lazy. People are fed up but that doesn't mean they accept leaving at all costs and it frustrates me that the media don't challenge this particular Tory slogan that is repeated ad nauseum.

Conservative manifesto on 10:02 - Nov 25 with 888 viewsWeWereZombies

Conservative manifesto on 09:52 - Nov 25 by Swansea_Blue

"There is the little thing called Brexit".

Not any more there isn't. It's BreXmas now.

Quite useful, if you receive one this Christmas then you will be able to wrap it up and give it to someone else next Christmas without it passing its use by date...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Conservative manifesto on 10:10 - Nov 25 with 878 viewsSwansea_Blue

Conservative manifesto on 09:59 - Nov 25 by Herbivore

If you think leave, once a concrete leave option is on the ballot paper, would win a bigger majority then I genuinely think you're deluded. Remain has been ahead in the polls consistently for 18 months and there are leave voters who won't vote for any form of deal and other leave voters who wouldn't support a no deal.

The idea that people just want to get Brexit done is so lazy. People are fed up but that doesn't mean they accept leaving at all costs and it frustrates me that the media don't challenge this particular Tory slogan that is repeated ad nauseum.

It's too late. "Get Brexit Done" has already got too much traction, and if there's one thing we should have learnt from the last 3.5 years it's that people will rather defend a lie than accept reality (see £350m for the NHS, and all the other empty slogans).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Conservative manifesto on 10:13 - Nov 25 with 873 viewsflimflam

Conservative manifesto on 09:59 - Nov 25 by Herbivore

What are these polls you speak of that have been proved wrong time and time again recently.

The problem is anyone who voted leave tend to remain silent as they get shouted down and abused so cant be bothered with the grief.

The silent majority are the ones who win / lose elections / referendums.

Login to get fewer ads

Conservative manifesto on 10:24 - Nov 25 with 864 viewsRyorry

Conservative manifesto on 10:13 - Nov 25 by flimflam

What are these polls you speak of that have been proved wrong time and time again recently.

The problem is anyone who voted leave tend to remain silent as they get shouted down and abused so cant be bothered with the grief.

Ditto re those who used to vote Labour but feel they can't these days, esp if they dare to criticise Labour's current leadership (or lack of it).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Conservative manifesto on 10:27 - Nov 25 with 860 viewsRyorry

Conservative manifesto on 10:02 - Nov 25 by WeWereZombies

Quite useful, if you receive one this Christmas then you will be able to wrap it up and give it to someone else next Christmas without it passing its use by date...

As it's a dog's Brexit, I'll give it to mine - shredding things to bits is his speciality!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Conservative manifesto on 10:41 - Nov 25 with 848 viewsHerbivore

Conservative manifesto on 10:13 - Nov 25 by flimflam

Keep telling yourself that.

Conservative manifesto on 10:44 - Nov 25 with 852 viewsDyland

Conservative manifesto on 23:06 - Nov 24 by Trequartista

They would win if the manifesto contained three words. There are enough people who want to "get brexit done".

It's the most delusional turkeys voting for Christmas scenario ever. It was depressing and quite shocking but now it's so far beyond surreal it's just funny.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Conservative manifesto on 11:01 - Nov 25 with 821 viewsBlueNomad

Conservative manifesto on 19:50 - Nov 24 by jimmyvet

Schocker H thinks the Tories manifesto is pants! Never saw that one coming.

Perhaps because it is utter pants?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024