Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why Lambert starts feeling the need... 12:08 - Nov 22 with 5980 viewsKieran_Knows

... to take a dig at the supporters/(I presume) the local media, given the rapport he has built up this last year, is slightly beyond me.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 12:09 - Nov 22 with 5471 viewsfooters

Paul_Doesn't_Know_Why

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 12:11 - Nov 22 with 5453 viewsSomethingBlue

Doesn't look like a dig at the fans to me, just at some of the headlines. I'm sure we are all mature enough to let it wash past.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 12:12 - Nov 22 with 5439 viewsSuperblue95

Aye. If mick had said similar this place would have been in meltdown

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 12:14 - Nov 22 with 5418 viewsSwailsey

I do enjoy the fact that PL is far ruder than MM ever was (save for his final year) and he always gets let off!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 12:45 - Nov 22 with 5313 viewsJohnny_Boy

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 12:14 - Nov 22 by Swailsey

I do enjoy the fact that PL is far ruder than MM ever was (save for his final year) and he always gets let off!

Do you honestly believe that?
Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 12:50 - Nov 22 with 5292 viewsIllinoisblue

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 12:12 - Nov 22 by Superblue95

Aye. If mick had said similar this place would have been in meltdown

Late stage Mick would have got pelters for it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 12:54 - Nov 22 with 5273 views44_not_out

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 12:11 - Nov 22 by SomethingBlue

Doesn't look like a dig at the fans to me, just at some of the headlines. I'm sure we are all mature enough to let it wash past.

This is spot on.

But be sure, they’ll be snow flakes who won’t let it go.
Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 12:57 - Nov 22 with 5236 viewstextbackup

he's not digging at me, I've not commented on it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 12:58 - Nov 22 with 5254 viewsSamWhiteUK

We're right up the top of the league and through the cup game with a win, despite changing the team up. If I was doing well at my job and people kept questioning me, I'd probably tell them to "foxtrot oscar" as well
Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 12:59 - Nov 22 with 5245 viewsSamWhiteUK

I'm not even sure what the "dig" in question is. Nothing I've read which could really be taken that way.
Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 13:00 - Nov 22 with 5243 viewsKieran_Knows

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 12:57 - Nov 22 by textbackup

he's not digging at me, I've not commented on it

SomethingBlue was probably right at the top of the thread that it was probably more aimed at the local media, rather than supporters. Just seems a tad strange to me given all he's done the past 12 months to unite everybody.

Hey ho.

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 13:12 - Nov 22 with 5201 viewsSamWhiteUK

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 13:00 - Nov 22 by Kieran_Knows

SomethingBlue was probably right at the top of the thread that it was probably more aimed at the local media, rather than supporters. Just seems a tad strange to me given all he's done the past 12 months to unite everybody.

Hey ho.

Oh, you're talking about the "what has been written" comment.

Of course he's talking about the media. And yes, the comments about the cup and some sort of "hoodoo" _are_ bollocĸs, of course they are.
Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 13:15 - Nov 22 with 5193 viewsBloomBlue

Always makes me smile fans have a go at PL's team selection and it's their right to have a go PL has a go back and fans call it a dig.
If fans cannot take it they shouldn't give it out
Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 13:18 - Nov 22 with 5168 viewsSwansea_Blue

"I'm sure we are all mature enough to let it wash past"

You must be new around here

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 13:18 - Nov 22 with 5169 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 12:14 - Nov 22 by Swailsey

I agree to an extent .. He is doing a good job at the moment, but just always seems to be angry and on the defensive.

I think we should get rid of the Live Pressers.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 13:21 - Nov 22 with 5144 viewsGarv

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 13:18 - Nov 22 by TRUE_BLUE123

I agree to an extent .. He is doing a good job at the moment, but just always seems to be angry and on the defensive.

I never hear one interesting question, I must admit.

It's 50/50, he does always seem defensive but I can see why it's a pain to do them in the first place.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 13:22 - Nov 22 with 5141 viewsHerbivore

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 13:18 - Nov 22 by TRUE_BLUE123

He's just Glaswegian.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 13:23 - Nov 22 with 5142 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 13:22 - Nov 22 by Herbivore

He's just Glaswegian.

I guess that is a factor.

I also think he looks a bit like Ally Mcoist.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 14:29 - Nov 22 with 5024 viewschicoazul

You must be new here.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 14:41 - Nov 22 with 4999 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Here we go again. Why do people take things so personally also as a collective 'supporters'. A) i didnt read this as thebfans its was about headlines etc. B) Even if he was talking about the fans it's not the collective it's just those spouting off because they know better. And if you are one of those dishing it out then dont be so sensitive if it is given back to you.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 16:36 - Nov 22 with 4752 viewsBlueBadger

Every time we change managers I have a brief, naive hope that THIs one, THIs one, will be the one who's bland press conference utterances aren't over analysed by the same pillocks desperate to find something, anything to get upset about. I'm always disappointed.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 16:43 - Nov 22 with 4725 viewsKieran_Knows

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 14:41 - Nov 22 by Terry_Nutkins

Here we go again. Why do people take things so personally also as a collective 'supporters'. A) i didnt read this as thebfans its was about headlines etc. B) Even if he was talking about the fans it's not the collective it's just those spouting off because they know better. And if you are one of those dishing it out then dont be so sensitive if it is given back to you.

I couldn't really care less either way (silly I know as I've posted about it), but I was more coming from the angle that we've been down this road before with MM being like that, do we really need another manager like it? Especially as this one has done so much to try and bridge the gap between the community and club. As I said earlier, having re-read what he said (and from SomethingBlues comment), it does sound more like a little dig at the local press.

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 16:43 - Nov 22 with 4723 viewsfactual_blue

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 16:36 - Nov 22 by BlueBadger

Every time we change managers I have a brief, naive hope that THIs one, THIs one, will be the one who's bland press conference utterances aren't over analysed by the same pillocks desperate to find something, anything to get upset about. I'm always disappointed.

HOW DARE YOU BE DISAPPOINTED.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 17:02 - Nov 22 with 4684 viewsActionMan

It seems we have an effect on managers. They turn up all smiles and then a year down the line when people start to question we start becoming the bad guys again. I actually think Lambert has had a fairly easy ride from the media considering the month or so we've had.

In our last 7 games we have lost 3, won 3, drawn 1 meaning we're performing bang average right now. We should be doing better than that at this level and against the teams we've played. We should win tomorrow but we all know how utterly rubbish we are after any sort of break, hence why people were questioning the reason for so many being rested for those cup games.
Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 17:04 - Nov 22 with 4669 viewsjeera

Why Lambert starts feeling the need... on 16:36 - Nov 22 by BlueBadger

On a scale of 1-10, how disappointed are you.

Why do you think that might be?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024