Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Number plate. 15:46 - Nov 20 with 6326 viewsitfctim

Considering selling ON5 ITFC.
As close as you can get to 'one itfc' (as you cant have a 3 involved) Offers over £2000 considered.
Number plate. on 16:52 - Nov 20 with 2000 viewsbluelagos

Number plate. on 16:50 - Nov 20 by factual_blue

This is a true story.

A young, rather dim, girl I worked with many years ago thought she'd get her boyfriend a personalised number plate, she concluded that 1 TED or 2 BOB etc were all too expensive (I've no idea what his actual name was).

So she thought 'I'll get him one with his initials. Those are a lot cheaper.'

Let's say for argument's sake his name was Peter John Smith. She got him something like X123 JSP.

All the right letters....

I'd bet she sat in the outside lane at 70 mph too.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Number plate. on 16:56 - Nov 20 with 1988 viewsfactual_blue

Number plate. on 16:52 - Nov 20 by bluelagos

I'd bet she sat in the outside lane at 70 mph too.

So long as she's overtaking slower moving traffic, that's fine. After all, nobody would be wanting to go faster than the legal speed limit anyway.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Number plate. on 16:59 - Nov 20 with 1987 viewsclive_baker

Number plate. on 16:50 - Nov 20 by factual_blue

This is a true story.

A young, rather dim, girl I worked with many years ago thought she'd get her boyfriend a personalised number plate, she concluded that 1 TED or 2 BOB etc were all too expensive (I've no idea what his actual name was).

So she thought 'I'll get him one with his initials. Those are a lot cheaper.'

Let's say for argument's sake his name was Peter John Smith. She got him something like X123 JSP.

All the right letters....

It's the way you tell 'em.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Number plate. on 17:00 - Nov 20 with 1983 viewsitfctim

Number plate. on 16:47 - Nov 20 by GeoffSentence

Obviously there are people who would spend that sort of money on a number plate, but I don't understand them.

If I had £2000 floating around to spend on a luxury I think I would spend it on a trip somewhere, probably some sort of adventure holiday in Canada or the US, or a luxurious jaunt to a beautiful city in Europe by train, first class.

Yeah, I get that, and fair play to you. Just putting it out there, nothing more.
Number plate. on 17:02 - Nov 20 with 1977 viewsfactual_blue

Number plate. on 16:41 - Nov 20 by itfctim

Yeah, the user name, the number plate, the season ticket, the 9 away games that I've been to so far this season, by all means take the pee, if it makes you feel better, but all I'm doing is offering something that may be of interest to a fellow supporter. Clearly TWTD was the wrong place...which kind of sums a few on here up.

Please see the site's terms and conditions.

Number plate. on 17:03 - Nov 20 with 1979 viewsGeoffSentence

Number plate. on 16:48 - Nov 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

To be fair, a number plate probably retains its value, so its not necessarily money wasted.

...its probably better than putting it in a bank!

I wonder if that will still be the case in years to come. As driverless cars come online and technology gradually takes away the need for car ownership. I wonder if in fact getting from a to b will become more and more like a service and with less need for personal cars there will be less demand for vanity plates.

Either way, count me out.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Number plate. on 17:04 - Nov 20 with 1971 viewsfactual_blue

Number plate. on 16:59 - Nov 20 by clive_baker

It's the way you tell 'em.

I taught Ronnie Corbett everything.

Number plate. on 17:05 - Nov 20 with 1970 viewsSitfcB

Number plate. on 16:41 - Nov 20 by itfctim

Yeah, the user name, the number plate, the season ticket, the 9 away games that I've been to so far this season, by all means take the pee, if it makes you feel better, but all I'm doing is offering something that may be of interest to a fellow supporter. Clearly TWTD was the wrong place...which kind of sums a few on here up.

Oh dear.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Number plate. on 17:05 - Nov 20 with 1970 viewsclive_baker

Number plate. on 17:03 - Nov 20 by GeoffSentence

I wonder if that will still be the case in years to come. As driverless cars come online and technology gradually takes away the need for car ownership. I wonder if in fact getting from a to b will become more and more like a service and with less need for personal cars there will be less demand for vanity plates.

We'll be hailing a self driving box to our house at the click of a button and it'll be electronically moving us somewhere else. Car ownership will become a thing of the past.

Number plate. on 17:06 - Nov 20 with 1971 viewsitfctim

Number plate. on 16:48 - Nov 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

To be fair, a number plate probably retains its value, so its not necessarily money wasted.

...its probably better than putting it in a bank!

That's very true. Its merely an opportunity for someone to purchase an ITFC related number plate, and, if anyone wants one, and trawls through the search engines to source one, they will be disappointed, so was just putting it out there, but, as is the case on here, a good intention is normally shot down in flames, guess that's just the nature of the beast.
Number plate. on 17:08 - Nov 20 with 1965 viewsclive_baker

Number plate. on 17:06 - Nov 20 by itfctim

That's very true. Its merely an opportunity for someone to purchase an ITFC related number plate, and, if anyone wants one, and trawls through the search engines to source one, they will be disappointed, so was just putting it out there, but, as is the case on here, a good intention is normally shot down in flames, guess that's just the nature of the beast.

Tim...relax ffs. Nobody is shooting anything down. Lighten up.

I hope you find a buyer for the number plate. Perhaps someone with the initials TFC will be reading and might want it.

Number plate. on 17:08 - Nov 20 with 1960 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Driverless cars wont change demand for private plates.

....I dont see that being the norm for a couple of decades yet.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Number plate. on 17:09 - Nov 20 with 1958 viewsNewcyBlue

Well that’s depressing!

I enjoy driving. I suppose it would at least make a five finger shuffle in the car on the way down to Ipswich when I am by myself a bit safer...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Number plate. on 17:12 - Nov 20 with 1952 viewsitfctim

Number plate. on 17:08 - Nov 20 by clive_baker

I hope you find a buyer for the number plate. Perhaps someone with the initials TFC will be reading and might want it.

Brilliant! Hadn't thought of that.
Number plate. on 17:13 - Nov 20 with 1944 viewsitfctim

Number plate. on 17:08 - Nov 20 by clive_baker

How did you know my name was Tim??
Number plate. on 17:14 - Nov 20 with 1943 viewsbluelagos

Number plate. on 17:09 - Nov 20 by NewcyBlue

Well that’s depressing!

I enjoy driving. I suppose it would at least make a five finger shuffle in the car on the way down to Ipswich when I am by myself a bit safer...

Just don't do it in the outside lane at 70mph please

Number plate. on 17:21 - Nov 20 with 1922 viewsJ2BLUE

Number plate. on 16:07 - Nov 20 by itfctim

The year on the plate is 51, that's how you get the ITFC, because 1 can be 'I' (legally) I'm not trying to mislead or hoodwink anyone, just thought I was offering a genuine number plate up for sale to fellow ITFC supporters. If you are that concerned, go on the Gov.com site and check the vehicle! Its ON5I TFC. Jeeze, everyone knows you need the 51 (which can legally be represented by 5I) to get ITFC, it's how it appears that create the interest, isnt it?

No need to get stroppy over a simple question.

In my humble opinion that is not an ITFC number plate and to try and get £2000 for it is comical but best of luck.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Number plate. on 17:23 - Nov 20 with 1918 viewsjeera

Number plate. on 17:13 - Nov 20 by itfctim

How did you know my name was Tim??

Shouldn't that be T1m?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Number plate. on 17:35 - Nov 20 with 1896 viewsitfctim

Number plate. on 17:23 - Nov 20 by jeera

Shouldn't that be T1m?

T1 M can be TI M...do your research, or ask factual_blue.
Number plate. on 17:57 - Nov 20 with 1871 viewsBlueBadger

Number plate. on 16:50 - Nov 20 by Illinoisblue

who was that fella on here years ago, MintedBlue, who claimed to be making a fortune from number plates and web domains.

Who was he? Probably Blueas.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Number plate. on 18:04 - Nov 20 with 1859 viewsfactual_blue

Number plate. on 17:57 - Nov 20 by BlueBadger

Who was he? Probably Blueas.

It was Phil. You'd get a free Audi, but he'd try and flog you a personalised number plate and the IhavegotanAudi.co.uk web domain.

Number plate. on 19:39 - Nov 20 with 1815 viewsbritbiker

OMG,the thought of a driverless motorbike arriving at my door terrifies me.
Number plate. on 19:44 - Nov 20 with 1804 viewsbluelagos

Number plate. on 19:39 - Nov 20 by britbiker

OMG,the thought of a driverless motorbike arriving at my door terrifies me.

Think I'd sooner boil my eyes in cat's p*ss that sit on a bike with a roof tbh

Number plate. on 20:10 - Nov 20 with 1780 viewsNthQldITFC

Number plate. on 17:09 - Nov 20 by NewcyBlue

Well that’s depressing!

Was it you that flicked a handful out of the window the other day, just as you passed me on my bicycle?

If so, you are a dirty swine.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024