Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January transfer policy 15:33 - Oct 12 with 10307 viewsThatMuhrenCross

What should our approach be?

- Sign young promising players that can have a chance to prove themselves at a lower level before making the step up to the Championship next season

- Sign reliable League One pros who will help ensure we get across the line

- Splash out on quality Championship Standard players with a view to really pushing on next season

- Or is there something else?

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

January transfer policy on 19:36 - Oct 12 with 3863 viewssuffolkpoker

Some crazy expectations above...

Simply - we reject all bids on all youngsters and promising players #period
We either sign Garbutt for a few or sign him into a pre contract.

That’s it. We march on!

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

January transfer policy on 19:36 - Oct 12 with 3861 viewssuffolkpoker

January transfer policy on 19:36 - Oct 12 by suffolkpoker

Some crazy expectations above...

Simply - we reject all bids on all youngsters and promising players #period
We either sign Garbutt for a few or sign him into a pre contract.

That’s it. We march on!

We sign Wilson 18 months

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

January transfer policy on 19:54 - Oct 12 with 3842 viewsTerry_Nutkins

January transfer policy on 19:27 - Oct 12 by JoHnNnY

I’d say the policy should be to resist all offers for 2 seasons. Sign Wilson and Garbs.

I would list Judge, Donacien and Dozzell .... hopefully that will tide us over for these 2 seasons at a stretch.

Agree with everything except Judge. That would be an unbelievably bad move. The guy has already contributed and will have a big contribution over the course of the season. Judge is a must keep still in my opinion. Baffled by the anti Judge feeling. Seems a hangover from the QPR thing and just because he hasn't been at full tilt yet. Very good player and we'll see a lot more. Lots to offer younger guys too.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

January transfer policy on 20:04 - Oct 12 with 3835 viewsChurchman

I’d sign up Wilson and would love to sign Garbutt but can’t imagine that being possible. If there is a young full back out there who could partner KVY, I’d bring him in but if the squad is happy, I’d leave things just as they are. We appear to have 2 good players at this level for every position and the players are playing for each other.
January transfer policy on 08:07 - Oct 13 with 3752 viewsKropotkin123

January transfer policy on 18:00 - Oct 12 by Churchman75

Sign Garbutt on a 3 year deal
Extend Wilson until June

Offload 4 players inc Dozzell and Judge to raise some funds

Sign Toney from Peterboro and a champ player

I'd love to sign Toney. But it is simply fantasy to think it could happen in January

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

January transfer policy on 08:13 - Oct 13 with 3748 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

January transfer policy on 08:31 - Oct 13 with 3736 viewsTerry_Nutkins

January transfer policy on 08:13 - Oct 13 by BryanPlug

Why on earth sell Dozzell and Judge? Both first team players? Especially if you are not replacing. You are literally saying lets make the matchday squad weaker for the run it. Mind blown!

January transfer policy on 08:34 - Oct 13 with 3733 viewsTerry_Nutkins

January transfer policy on 20:04 - Oct 12 by Churchman

I’d sign up Wilson and would love to sign Garbutt but can’t imagine that being possible. If there is a young full back out there who could partner KVY, I’d bring him in but if the squad is happy, I’d leave things just as they are. We appear to have 2 good players at this level for every position and the players are playing for each other.

Garbutt will sign. Or at least i think it is odds on he will. He's clearly keen and even when he joined talked about putting some roots down somewhere. This move was with a view to perm. He is out of contract end of season so ball in his court.

Login to get fewer ads

January transfer policy on 10:27 - Oct 13 with 3695 viewsBryanPlug

January transfer policy on 08:31 - Oct 13 by Terry_Nutkins

Why on earth sell Dozzell and Judge? Both first team players? Especially if you are not replacing. You are literally saying lets make the matchday squad weaker for the run it. Mind blown!

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

January transfer policy on 12:37 - Oct 13 with 3670 viewssundaze

January transfer policy on 10:27 - Oct 13 by BryanPlug

Incredible that a few weeks ago Judge was irreplaceable when it looked like he would be sold. Now he has become the latest TWTD scapegoat, taking over from Chambers, Scuse or Kenlock.
I can imagine Lambert would be thrilled at the prospect of loosing two midfielders and replacing them with no one.
January transfer policy on 12:41 - Oct 13 with 3662 viewsHerbivore

January transfer policy on 12:37 - Oct 13 by sundaze

Incredible that a few weeks ago Judge was irreplaceable when it looked like he would be sold. Now he has become the latest TWTD scapegoat, taking over from Chambers, Scuse or Kenlock.
I can imagine Lambert would be thrilled at the prospect of loosing two midfielders and replacing them with no one.

I think we can afford to lose a couple of CMs to be honest. We're probably over stocked in that department
I'd possibly loan Dozzell out, wouldn't want to sell him. I'm not fussed about Judge one way or the other really. Decent squad player as it stands but could afford to lose his wage from the wage bill if someone comes in for him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

January transfer policy on 09:31 - Oct 14 with 3568 viewsrickw

January transfer policy on 12:41 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

I think we can afford to lose a couple of CMs to be honest. We're probably over stocked in that department
I'd possibly loan Dozzell out, wouldn't want to sell him. I'm not fussed about Judge one way or the other really. Decent squad player as it stands but could afford to lose his wage from the wage bill if someone comes in for him.

I agree with this, I'm not ready to give up on Dozzell just yet so a loan would be best.

A lot of people saying to sell Donacien, which although I agree he has no long term future here, but doesn't that leave us short of cover at right back?

Roberts can leave - with Sears and Lankester hopefully returning I can't see him getting into our 2nd XI

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

January transfer policy on 09:35 - Oct 14 with 3565 viewschicoazul

I think it will depend on where we are at that point, but if I had my druthers i'd like us to buy as good a centre forward as we can possibly get to grab us a few goals and give us another option up front. Not too fussed about their age or ability to step up.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

January transfer policy on 09:40 - Oct 14 with 3555 viewsBiGDonnie

Tie down Garbutt long term. Sign Marcus Maddison and Ivan Toney from P'boro.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

January transfer policy on 10:07 - Oct 14 with 3529 viewsHerbivore

January transfer policy on 09:40 - Oct 14 by BiGDonnie

Tie down Garbutt long term. Sign Marcus Maddison and Ivan Toney from P'boro.

Ha ha!

January transfer policy on 10:16 - Oct 14 with 3515 viewsBiGDonnie

January transfer policy on 10:07 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

Ha ha!

Wishful thinking, eh!

I'd be happy if we kept everyone and didn't sign anyone.

COYBs

January transfer policy on 10:18 - Oct 14 with 3508 viewsslump

January transfer policy on 10:16 - Oct 14 by BiGDonnie

Wishful thinking, eh!

I reckon you'll be disappointed. Eriksen will be gone for sure!

UTT

January transfer policy on 10:22 - Oct 14 with 3491 viewsBiGDonnie

January transfer policy on 10:18 - Oct 14 by slump

I reckon you'll be disappointed. Eriksen will be gone for sure!

You're a bit slow to the party lad.

COYBs

January transfer policy on 11:16 - Oct 14 with 3451 viewsHerbivore

January transfer policy on 10:16 - Oct 14 by BiGDonnie

Wishful thinking, eh!

Yeah, same. I think the likes of Toney and Maddison will be well out of our price range even if/when we go up.

January transfer policy on 11:29 - Oct 14 with 3443 viewsBiGDonnie

January transfer policy on 11:16 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

Yeah, same. I think the likes of Toney and Maddison will be well out of our price range even if/when we go up.

I'm surprised Maddison hasn't played at a higher level. Can imagine boro have priced him out of moves previously.

COYBs

January transfer policy on 12:12 - Oct 14 with 3419 viewsThatMuhrenCross

January transfer policy on 11:16 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

I wouldn't necessarily say they'll be out of our price range if we go up. Lets not forget Paul Taylor and Gwion Edwards were Peterborough's best players when we poached them previously. Being a lower league club, their players won't really be on long-term contracts so by the summer I could imagine them only having a year or so left and Peterborough having to accept heavily reduced fees for them.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

January transfer policy on 12:28 - Oct 14 with 3403 viewsHerbivore

January transfer policy on 12:12 - Oct 14 by ThatMuhrenCross

I wouldn't necessarily say they'll be out of our price range if we go up. Lets not forget Paul Taylor and Gwion Edwards were Peterborough's best players when we poached them previously. Being a lower league club, their players won't really be on long-term contracts so by the summer I could imagine them only having a year or so left and Peterborough having to accept heavily reduced fees for them.

I can't see it. We signed Taylor back when ME was still spending. Edwards was injury prone as well as in his last year. These two are on fire and have been for a while, they'll cost millions I imagine.

January transfer policy on 13:12 - Oct 14 with 3370 viewsitfcjoe

Try and tie Wilson down until end of the season, if he wants longer then probably lose him and bring in a replacement as possibly a loan player.

Personally, I'd go out for another striker too - easiest to strengthen from a strong position and think if a top striker is available (i.e. out of contract in summer) then you pull the trigger to improve the team and squad.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

January transfer policy on 13:35 - Oct 14 with 3345 viewsRobTheMonk

I wouldn't be suprised to see Norris go back to Wolves and look to get a loan elsewhere which could put us in the market for a short-term second goalie.
January transfer policy on 13:58 - Oct 14 with 3327 viewsPrideOfTheEast

January transfer policy on 12:12 - Oct 14 by ThatMuhrenCross

That Toney will be upwards of £5m and if carries on scoring every week probably closer to double that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024