Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Irishman 12:56 - Oct 14 with 1375 viewswoodbridge_blue

Went to a one-off showing of The Irishman at The Riverside in Woodbridge last night...apparently it's not on general release due to Netflix having some fall out with the major cinema chains.

Anyway, an utterly brilliant film. Another Scorsese epic, and outstanding performances, as you would expect, from De Niro, Pesci and particularly Pacino. Tremendously emotional closing scenes which, rather than glorifying the mafia violence, almost provoked sympathy for the main character. It's three and a half hours long but really didn't seem like it.

If you get a chance to watch it via whichever medium you can, please do.
The Irishman on 13:01 - Oct 14 with 1340 viewsGaryCooper

Does in rival Once Upon A Time in America?
The Irishman on 13:22 - Oct 14 with 1297 viewswoodbridge_blue

The Irishman on 13:01 - Oct 14 by GaryCooper

Does in rival Once Upon A Time in America?

It's different...generally a lot slower paced, and with some laugh out loud moments too, but it seems to focus its attention more on what happens to the gangsters as they move on from their activities into old age....almost seems like Scorsese is wrapping up the gangster/mobster genre. Despite its length it never dragged at any time. A real classic in my opinion
The Irishman on 13:30 - Oct 14 with 1283 viewsyesjohn99

Read the biography around ten years ago, called I hear you paint houses. Good read. Looking forward to the film.
The Irishman on 13:40 - Oct 14 with 1254 viewsfactual_blue

The Irishman on 13:30 - Oct 14 by yesjohn99

Read the biography around ten years ago, called I hear you paint houses. Good read. Looking forward to the film.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The Irishman on 15:36 - Oct 14 with 1138 viewsjontysnut

The Irishman on 13:22 - Oct 14 by woodbridge_blue

It's different...generally a lot slower paced, and with some laugh out loud moments too, but it seems to focus its attention more on what happens to the gangsters as they move on from their activities into old age....almost seems like Scorsese is wrapping up the gangster/mobster genre. Despite its length it never dragged at any time. A real classic in my opinion

If Joe Pesci doesn't stab someone to death with biro I'm in two minds
The Irishman on 16:11 - Oct 14 with 1094 viewsunstableblue

Thanks Woodbridge

Will check it out

Love that cinema... took my son to see the 'History of the Deben' film they regularly screen, wasn't quite his cup of tea, so we left early, only to have the director waiting outside to get feedback, somewhat embarrassing!

Do love Woodbridge, would love to move there one day, great commute to Portman Road!

Did you see that old George, harbour master at the Ramsholt moorings, had his boat/office burn down!? good old boy, big town fan, listened to some of a game with him once in there....must be 90 now.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The Irishman on 17:42 - Oct 14 with 1035 viewsWeWereZombies

The Irishman on 16:11 - Oct 14 by unstableblue

Thanks Woodbridge

Will check it out

Love that cinema... took my son to see the 'History of the Deben' film they regularly screen, wasn't quite his cup of tea, so we left early, only to have the director waiting outside to get feedback, somewhat embarrassing!

Do love Woodbridge, would love to move there one day, great commute to Portman Road!

Did you see that old George, harbour master at the Ramsholt moorings, had his boat/office burn down!? good old boy, big town fan, listened to some of a game with him once in there....must be 90 now.

The 'History of the Deben' is the film presented by John McCarthy, isn't it? Saw it at FolkEast last year, learnt things I never knew about the river despite spending my early years less than a couple of miles from it.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024