Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Stokes 12:09 - Oct 9 with 8313 viewsitfcjoe

Not saw this mentioned yesterday, thoughts on it?

Think the photos speak for themselves personally

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ben Stokes on 15:58 - Oct 9 with 2074 viewsHerbivore

I don't think the pictures are particularly conclusive. Describing it as a choke hold when his hand remains open is a bit of an odd one, not sure I've seen an open handed choke hold before.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ben Stokes on 15:58 - Oct 9 with 2075 viewsjeera

Ben Stokes on 15:54 - Oct 9 by Bluearmy71

The trouble is as with any image an individual sees exactly what they want to!

You can jog videos on a single frame at a time then grab a screen shot turning the most innocent of videos into something damaging to those concerned, whomever took this screenshot has done exactly this and is reaping the reward by everyone talking about it, in order to make any definitive judgement on this screen shot any individual would need to see the whole video!

Its kinda reflection on society as a whole when the assumption that his wife has to be lying on social media when in fact maybe telling the truth, again this all comes down to an individuals opinion!

And as for journalists most of them just look for the bad in everything, especially people in the lime light as this as we all know is what sells/get hits on a site......can you imagine a lovely video of Ben and his wife walking into Mcd's ordered a meal and then just sat down and ate it, rather a non story for the press no matter if its the truth!!

It's a sadder reflection on society when grown men are too afraid to say what they see.

You think he's gonna come at you outta the picture if you speak up?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ben Stokes on 16:01 - Oct 9 with 2065 viewsHerbivore

Ben Stokes on 15:58 - Oct 9 by jeera

It's a sadder reflection on society when grown men are too afraid to say what they see.

Maybe people aren't seeing what you see rather than being afraid?

Ben Stokes on 16:02 - Oct 9 with 2060 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Stokes on 15:43 - Oct 9 by jeera

Seriously? After reading my post you feel you're alone?

Sorry jeera, meant to say 'felt' as though across social media and various chats with mates everyone was very blase about it, but you had actually seen what I saw - felt as though I was going mad.

Ben Stokes on 16:03 - Oct 9 with 2058 viewsjeera

Ben Stokes on 16:01 - Oct 9 by Herbivore

It's like he's never attacked anyone before.

You seen the picture?

If I saw you, or anyone, grab his wife in that way I would assume it's not play.

If you don't see it that way then I'd be amazed.

Ben Stokes on 16:03 - Oct 9 with 2053 viewsSikamikanico

Ben Stokes on 15:54 - Oct 9 by jeera

Thank you for the out of context grainy photo I had already seen.

You do not the actions immediately before or after this and have no context to make an assumption
Ben Stokes on 16:05 - Oct 9 with 2044 viewsHerbivore

Ben Stokes on 16:03 - Oct 9 by jeera

It's like he's never attacked anyone before.

You seen the picture?

If I saw you, or anyone, grab his wife in that way I would assume it's not play.

If you don't see it that way then I'd be amazed.

I've seen the picture. It's in this thread.

Ben Stokes on 16:09 - Oct 9 with 2036 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Stokes on 16:01 - Oct 9 by Herbivore

There are more photos about of it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7550711/Ben-Stokes-wife-laughs-crazy-cl

To me it looks like they've had some sort of drunken bust up but made up afterwards, it's not massively unusual and I know of couples who have fiery relationships like that but if that is a playful squeeze of the face then I'm a Norwich fan

Login to get fewer ads

Ben Stokes on 16:12 - Oct 9 with 2026 viewsBluearmy71

Ben Stokes on 15:54 - Oct 9 by jeera

If I had a video of you just going to for example wipe something from your partners face I could grab one frame from that and make it look like you were or about to be attacking him/her!

There are two sides to every story, as others and myself have said its best to see the video in full before any proper judgement can be made!

I'm not saying you are wrong but I am most definitely not saying you are right either as the screen shot proves absolutely nothing either way!
Ben Stokes on 16:17 - Oct 9 with 2011 viewsHerbivore

Ben Stokes on 16:09 - Oct 9 by itfcjoe

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7550711/Ben-Stokes-wife-laughs-crazy-cl

To me it looks like they've had some sort of drunken bust up but made up afterwards, it's not massively unusual and I know of couples who have fiery relationships like that but if that is a playful squeeze of the face then I'm a Norwich fan

I think you're inferring an awful lot there. I don't think those other photos prove or disprove the explanation offered by his wife. There's another woman quite calmly standing by them in one of the photos where his hand is on her face.

Ben Stokes on 16:19 - Oct 9 with 2003 viewsJ2BLUE

Are you ok mate? Gone a bit odd lately, deciding guilt based on photos and repeating rumours about Prince Philip etc. Seems out o character.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ben Stokes on 16:20 - Oct 9 with 2001 viewsBluearmy71

Ben Stokes on 15:58 - Oct 9 by jeera

How the actual f*ck did you mange to come up with that?? This grown man is say exactly what he sees and that is manipulated BS from one frame of a video!

See there you go again just looking for the bad in people but that's your problem not mine!

And yes I am positively sh*tting myself Ben's gonna jump out the picture and squish my face like he does his wife and she does back to him!
Ben Stokes on 16:32 - Oct 9 with 1977 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Stokes on 16:19 - Oct 9 by J2BLUE

Are you ok mate? Gone a bit odd lately, deciding guilt based on photos and repeating rumours about Prince Philip etc. Seems out o character.

It just amazes me people can't see what seems abundantly clear in that photo, no one would ever catch a photo of me doing that my wife as it simply would never ever happen - I'll leave it there as seems very clear.

I didn't go back to that Prince Phillip thing, person who told me has a friend who always seems to know things like that ahead of time, presumably through work and I thought it was interesting, but didn't go back as was no more to add.

I wouldn't say this thread is out of character, just judging as I see it.

Ben Stokes on 16:38 - Oct 9 with 1963 viewswkj

Ben Stokes on 16:32 - Oct 9 by itfcjoe

It just amazes me people can't see what seems abundantly clear in that photo, no one would ever catch a photo of me doing that my wife as it simply would never ever happen - I'll leave it there as seems very clear.

I didn't go back to that Prince Phillip thing, person who told me has a friend who always seems to know things like that ahead of time, presumably through work and I thought it was interesting, but didn't go back as was no more to add.

I don't think it is abundantly clear. My misses clouts my arm sometimes meant with no malice. The photo becomes abundantly clear with a preconceived idea of context. If this were a video the context would be much clearer, and if his missus came out and lifted the lid the context would also seem clearer.

I am fully aware that domestic violence victims feel intimidated at times and affraid to speak out, often in a state of denial, but it would be inappropriate to make assumptions that his wife is also in this trap.

I am not one for public displays of attention or otherwise, but you can make almost any story fit a picture, and the truth of the matter is the best context provided so far is that of someone directly involved, rather than someone with a theory on social media, or indeed, TWTD.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ben Stokes on 16:40 - Oct 9 with 1960 viewsBluearmy71

There are no more photos concerning the incident, that are the same screen shot being used by a different newspapers website!

Look at the lady to the right of the pic, if Ben was actually attacking her do you think she would be making an attempt to maybe stop him!

And now for the biggest sign its complete bollox.........look closely at the bald headed gentleman on the right also...now an instant human reaction when any sort of drama is happening in close proximity is to be a nosey sod and look at what is happening,......the screen shot shows an apparent point of contact, presumably there would be noise of some kind, a scream, a gasp, shouting from people around Ben and Clare some sort of commotion that would turn heads and yet the gentleman I mention is paying no attention to them whatsoever.........this is because nothing untoward is happening!

I'm just saying what the same screenshot is showing me!!
[Post edited 9 Oct 2019 16:52]
Ben Stokes on 16:47 - Oct 9 with 1940 viewsHerbivore

Ben Stokes on 16:32 - Oct 9 by itfcjoe

Perhaps because it's not abundantly clear. What is clear is that those who think it clear have made their feelings about Stokes clear in other posts and that appears to be influencing how they interpret these photos.

Ben Stokes on 17:17 - Oct 9 with 1901 viewsstrikalite

Ben Stokes on 12:48 - Oct 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

Maybe his wife is in to that.. who are we to judge.

Its a load of Bs. It is classic journalism to try and knock someone down who is doing well.

It's obvious that's what they're both in too...
Ben Stokes on 21:07 - Oct 9 with 1823 viewsjeera

Ben Stokes on 16:20 - Oct 9 by Bluearmy71

How the actual f*ck did you mange to come up with that?? This grown man is say exactly what he sees and that is manipulated BS from one frame of a video!

See there you go again just looking for the bad in people but that's your problem not mine!

And yes I am positively sh*tting myself Ben's gonna jump out the picture and squish my face like he does his wife and she does back to him!

You sound upset.

All I've done is show you the same photo deliberately.

Just to make sure we're both looking at the same thing.

"she does back to him"; in that cute separate shot they took themselves.

It's not normal to grab your lady by the face in any context pal. Any context. None whatsoever. This is not complicated.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2019 21:43]

Ben Stokes on 21:11 - Oct 9 with 1815 viewsjeera

Ben Stokes on 16:05 - Oct 9 by Herbivore

I've seen the picture. It's in this thread.

I know.

Ben Stokes on 21:13 - Oct 9 with 1808 viewsjeera

Ben Stokes on 16:40 - Oct 9 by Bluearmy71

There are no more photos concerning the incident, that are the same screen shot being used by a different newspapers website!

Look at the lady to the right of the pic, if Ben was actually attacking her do you think she would be making an attempt to maybe stop him!

And now for the biggest sign its complete bollox.........look closely at the bald headed gentleman on the right also...now an instant human reaction when any sort of drama is happening in close proximity is to be a nosey sod and look at what is happening,......the screen shot shows an apparent point of contact, presumably there would be noise of some kind, a scream, a gasp, shouting from people around Ben and Clare some sort of commotion that would turn heads and yet the gentleman I mention is paying no attention to them whatsoever.........this is because nothing untoward is happening!

I'm just saying what the same screenshot is showing me!!
[Post edited 9 Oct 2019 16:52]

Maybe they're a bit starstruck.

Or intimidated.

Seeing what you want a little there aren't you?

Oh. That's what you said.

Ben Stokes on 23:08 - Oct 9 with 1756 viewsBluearmy71

Ben Stokes on 21:07 - Oct 9 by jeera

You sound upset.

All I've done is show you the same photo deliberately.

Just to make sure we're both looking at the same thing.

"she does back to him"; in that cute separate shot they took themselves.

It's not normal to grab your lady by the face in any context pal. Any context. None whatsoever. This is not complicated.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2019 21:43]

Not upset at all more confused as what your brain thinks is logical reasoning or lack of it!

UMMM HELLO.... and all I have done is use that same screen shot ( a screen shot isn't a photo) as its the one we are talking about!

The shot they took themselves of her grabbing his face in the car, is she not the aggressor and he the alleged victim there or is it just all good fun?? By your reasoning then had someone else taken that same shot but from outside the car there would then be an assault of a woman on a man?? It makes no bloody difference who takes the video or picture, to say just cos "they took it themselves" its fine is laughable.....................I am in no way accusing Clare of assault here its clear they are having fun and the whole point of this picture in the car posted by Clare is to prove face squishing is their thing and they always do it but obviously you think she is lying or do you think they only face squish when on their own in the car taking selfies galore??

And what is considered normal for other people can not be defined by what you say it is just because its not "normal" practice in your life that's just your opinion on what you consider normal to be, do you know Ben and Clare personally ( and before any silly logic takes hold of you again, no I don't know them either) to see how they live their lives and what they would normally behave like?? Some people go to the pub every night, some every Friday only, some go to football where others don't and not trying to offend anyone with this example so sorry if you are but some people like anal sex and some don't, is either one abnormal for not doing what the other would normally do?? Just because something doesn't happen in your life that does not make it abnormal for others, personally if the face squishing is one of their things and they consider it an intimate thing then fair play to them!

Oh and "pal" sorry I meant Mr Defensive or is that not you getting upset now?? of course there are acceptable contexts where a man places his hand on his lady's face, have you never drawn your lady in and held her face whilst kissing her that really is a special way to kiss!

I'll gladly admit if I am wrong should the full video prove otherwise and he is defiantly showing physical violence to his wife, that cannot be condoned against any lady or indeed lady against man, would you be man enough to admit that you have this completely wrong if the full video does indeed show its nothing more than a man and his wife being affectionate in their own little way to each other??
Ben Stokes on 23:35 - Oct 9 with 1746 viewsBluearmy71

Ben Stokes on 21:13 - Oct 9 by jeera

Maybe they're a bit starstruck.

Or intimidated.

Seeing what you want a little there aren't you?

Oh. That's what you said.

Why would I be star struck or intimidated over a screen shot, your thought process truly is bizarre!!

Yes I said some people see what they want where others can look objectively, its one frame from a video clip, even in a 30 second video there are thousands of frame dependent on quality of video setting used, as I and others stated this is not enough to prove anything either way and the whole video should be looked at before anyone's mind can possibly make the correct decision on exactly what is depicted!

I merely used the screen shot you are so willing to condemn the man by looking at the whole shot and giving a logical opinion based on human reaction alone to suggest all is not as the journalist wants us to believe and after doing so I happen to think its a load of made up bollox created by a genre of work where most make up or over sensationalise stories for the purpose of sales or given its a web page the amount of hits, it all boils down to money and a look at those two squishing each others faces isn't unfortunately going to make as much money as an alleged incident of abuse!

And if the alleged abuse did happen why are there no screen shots of Clare walking out of the restaurant possibly in tears or being comforted by her friend or yano comforted by anyone?? As screen shots like this would do wonders for the sales/hits on website also.

For me you are seeing too much of what is there and not enough of what isn't but then you'd have to have an open mind to see the what isn't and your mind is firmly closed on this!!

Until I see the whole story I maybe be wrong but until I see the whole story I am in no position to judge either way, innocent until proven guilty!
Ben Stokes on 23:50 - Oct 9 with 1735 viewsketton_itfc

It reminds me of this
Ben Stokes on 23:50 - Oct 9 with 1731 viewscaught-in-limbo

Clare writes: "we then have a romantic McDonalds".

If that's not code for "clearly I'm speaking absolute bollox", I don't know what is.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Ben Stokes on 00:02 - Oct 10 with 1719 viewscaught-in-limbo

Ben Stokes on 23:50 - Oct 9 by caught-in-limbo

Clare writes: "we then have a romantic McDonalds".

If that's not code for "clearly I'm speaking absolute bollox", I don't know what is.

Furthermore, the pictures preceding the throat grab picture starting from the one where Clare is pointing an accusing finger at Ben suggest they weren't having the most harmonious evening out together.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024