Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Stokes 12:09 - Oct 9 with 8309 viewsitfcjoe

Not saw this mentioned yesterday, thoughts on it?

Think the photos speak for themselves personally

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ben Stokes on 00:04 - Oct 10 with 958 viewsRyorry

Cripes, the discussion on this kinda highlights just why and how easily it is that "internet misunderstandings" happen on here when we're just writing stuff, never mind posting pictures!

In this case, a picture doesn't "say a thousand words". It's one image taken over less than a second of time and is open to a variety of subjective interpretations depending on the beholders' experiences (personal or second-hand), beliefs, and points of view.

Who'd want to be a 'celeb' nowadays anyway? Not me, when your every move outside your own home (and sometimes even within it) is recorded, scrutinised, analysed & judged by millions who don't even know you, never mind the real you!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Ben Stokes on 00:33 - Oct 10 with 934 viewsjeera

Ben Stokes on 00:04 - Oct 10 by Ryorry

Cripes, the discussion on this kinda highlights just why and how easily it is that "internet misunderstandings" happen on here when we're just writing stuff, never mind posting pictures!

In this case, a picture doesn't "say a thousand words". It's one image taken over less than a second of time and is open to a variety of subjective interpretations depending on the beholders' experiences (personal or second-hand), beliefs, and points of view.

Who'd want to be a 'celeb' nowadays anyway? Not me, when your every move outside your own home (and sometimes even within it) is recorded, scrutinised, analysed & judged by millions who don't even know you, never mind the real you!

That's not even slightly true. It's only me and Joe.

Everyone else seems to think it's perfectly normal to grab your partner by the face and shove her head back.

To the point she grabs at your arm - in delight though in this instance I now understand.

Joe and I have much to learn apparently.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ben Stokes on 00:36 - Oct 10 with 933 viewsBluearmy71

Ben Stokes on 00:02 - Oct 10 by caught-in-limbo

Furthermore, the pictures preceding the throat grab picture starting from the one where Clare is pointing an accusing finger at Ben suggest they weren't having the most harmonious evening out together.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7550711/Ben-Stokes-wife-laughs-crazy-cl

You come back under a different name Jeera??

These are all screen shots that look way more damaging than they probably are, single frames of a video chosen by someone to make up a story, when these frames are in with the thousands of other frames making up the whole video a different story will be told!

I don't disagree they all look damning but it is so easy to manipulate single frames from a video to make a situation look like something its not, this imo is the case here its shameful journalism exploiting peoples feelings on such a sensitive subject just in order to make money!!

Again at no point do they show the video at all and until they do show it its just all speculative opinions formed on a single frame...a split second taken from a longer video....Everyone needs too see the video but will they ever show it??

Lets just hope the truth either way does come out and and the video is shown in full then and only then will we know for sure!

There is little point in me keep saying the same thing, my opinion is based on screen shots and my knowledge of how easy such things are manipulated, you really can pick damaging frames from the most innocent videos, try it yourself as most media players have a frame by frame advance on them and see how you get on, but my final decision is open and can't be made properly until the video is seen!
Ben Stokes on 01:00 - Oct 10 with 923 viewsjeera

Ben Stokes on 00:36 - Oct 10 by Bluearmy71

You come back under a different name Jeera??

These are all screen shots that look way more damaging than they probably are, single frames of a video chosen by someone to make up a story, when these frames are in with the thousands of other frames making up the whole video a different story will be told!

I don't disagree they all look damning but it is so easy to manipulate single frames from a video to make a situation look like something its not, this imo is the case here its shameful journalism exploiting peoples feelings on such a sensitive subject just in order to make money!!

Again at no point do they show the video at all and until they do show it its just all speculative opinions formed on a single frame...a split second taken from a longer video....Everyone needs too see the video but will they ever show it??

Lets just hope the truth either way does come out and and the video is shown in full then and only then will we know for sure!

There is little point in me keep saying the same thing, my opinion is based on screen shots and my knowledge of how easy such things are manipulated, you really can pick damaging frames from the most innocent videos, try it yourself as most media players have a frame by frame advance on them and see how you get on, but my final decision is open and can't be made properly until the video is seen!

I have posted under the same user name for 20 odd years. Don't accuse me of being someone else.

I am single atm and now I can see why, thanks to a few lessons from you and a few other men on this thread. I have done it all wrong and must learn to be a proper man with my girl.

In future, I'll remember to keep her in her place, maybe a grab here, a slap there.

Ben Stokes on 01:09 - Oct 10 with 917 viewsBluearmy71

Ben Stokes on 00:33 - Oct 10 by jeera

That's not even slightly true. It's only me and Joe.

Everyone else seems to think it's perfectly normal to grab your partner by the face and shove her head back.

To the point she grabs at your arm - in delight though in this instance I now understand.

Joe and I have much to learn apparently.

You are missing Rory's point completely or just ignoring it which is worse!

What the hell is wrong with you man??.....at no point have I read any member on here state that grabbing their partner by the face and shoving his/her head back is acceptable. everyone has just commented on how they view that screen shot as a whole and most are of the opinion it is a load of bollox.... IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM IS THAT ANYONE SAYING VIOLENCE AGAINST A FEMALE OR MALE PARTNER IS ACCEPTABLE..............This is what I mean about how your brain twists everything into making people look bad, just speak the truth or don't speak at all!!

And lay off with playing the victim bullsh1t too, no one has said you have much to learn its just people not agreeing with your opinion.........tbf I have questioned your ability to think logically as you have felt the need to throw some quite frankly bizarre accusations at me but those remarks were purely a result of your statements nothing to do with your opinion on the screen shots, so I can't recall anyone bar myself being what could be considered as insulting towards you, in fact given your " everyone but you and Joe find it acceptable" statement you are being completely insulting to everyone else not the other way around!! But you trying to play the victim just cos many people don't share your opinion is bang out of order!

"to the point where she grabs your arm" A logical argument to that statement is she's has spent hours doing her make up for this award ceremony as cameras and press will be all over it until basically she can relax in their hotel room that she didn't want her face touched which may ruin hours of work, again not saying I'm right but its a scenario that is not beyond the realms of possibility!

@Rory that is exactly what it is, I wish I could have put it like that!!
Ben Stokes on 01:13 - Oct 10 with 915 viewsBluearmy71

Ben Stokes on 01:00 - Oct 10 by jeera

I have posted under the same user name for 20 odd years. Don't accuse me of being someone else.

I am single atm and now I can see why, thanks to a few lessons from you and a few other men on this thread. I have done it all wrong and must learn to be a proper man with my girl.

In future, I'll remember to keep her in her place, maybe a grab here, a slap there.

F*ck me your bullsh1t and self pity have gears!!
Ben Stokes on 01:18 - Oct 10 with 910 viewsjeera

Ben Stokes on 01:09 - Oct 10 by Bluearmy71

You are missing Rory's point completely or just ignoring it which is worse!

What the hell is wrong with you man??.....at no point have I read any member on here state that grabbing their partner by the face and shoving his/her head back is acceptable. everyone has just commented on how they view that screen shot as a whole and most are of the opinion it is a load of bollox.... IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM IS THAT ANYONE SAYING VIOLENCE AGAINST A FEMALE OR MALE PARTNER IS ACCEPTABLE..............This is what I mean about how your brain twists everything into making people look bad, just speak the truth or don't speak at all!!

And lay off with playing the victim bullsh1t too, no one has said you have much to learn its just people not agreeing with your opinion.........tbf I have questioned your ability to think logically as you have felt the need to throw some quite frankly bizarre accusations at me but those remarks were purely a result of your statements nothing to do with your opinion on the screen shots, so I can't recall anyone bar myself being what could be considered as insulting towards you, in fact given your " everyone but you and Joe find it acceptable" statement you are being completely insulting to everyone else not the other way around!! But you trying to play the victim just cos many people don't share your opinion is bang out of order!

"to the point where she grabs your arm" A logical argument to that statement is she's has spent hours doing her make up for this award ceremony as cameras and press will be all over it until basically she can relax in their hotel room that she didn't want her face touched which may ruin hours of work, again not saying I'm right but its a scenario that is not beyond the realms of possibility!

@Rory that is exactly what it is, I wish I could have put it like that!!

I'd like to humour you. But tl;dr.

Nah, I did really read it, a bit.

I've no idea who your rant is aimed at. Maybe it's aimed at the former you on this thread as I haven't twisted anything. I am consistent in my feelings about violence and domestic abuse and at no point have I claimed to be a victim here.

I think you just feel a bit bad at your earlier assumptions.

Well, Ben hasn't attacked me so no need, but thanks for the thought. Maybe spare a thought that someone with that temperament may damage someone undeservedly one day whilst you whine on with excuses.

Ben Stokes on 01:22 - Oct 10 with 905 viewsjeera

Ben Stokes on 01:13 - Oct 10 by Bluearmy71

F*ck me your bullsh1t and self pity have gears!!

I am not a woman nor a victim of domestic abuse so you need to re evaluate your stance here.

Maybe stop making excuses for it though eh.

Login to get fewer ads

Ben Stokes on 01:24 - Oct 10 with 901 viewsBluearmy71

Ben Stokes on 01:18 - Oct 10 by jeera

I'd like to humour you. But tl;dr.

Nah, I did really read it, a bit.

I've no idea who your rant is aimed at. Maybe it's aimed at the former you on this thread as I haven't twisted anything. I am consistent in my feelings about violence and domestic abuse and at no point have I claimed to be a victim here.

I think you just feel a bit bad at your earlier assumptions.

Well, Ben hasn't attacked me so no need, but thanks for the thought. Maybe spare a thought that someone with that temperament may damage someone undeservedly one day whilst you whine on with excuses.

Fcuk me if he hits overdrive there's gonna be an an explosion of bullsh1t and self pity after 5 seconds........anyone got a brolly??
Ben Stokes on 01:27 - Oct 10 with 898 viewsRyorry

"Only the two people concerned really know what's going on in a marriage" said my late Aunt.

Probably the most perspicacious thing she ever said in her life.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Ben Stokes on 01:28 - Oct 10 with 896 viewsjeera

Ben Stokes on 01:24 - Oct 10 by Bluearmy71

Fcuk me if he hits overdrive there's gonna be an an explosion of bullsh1t and self pity after 5 seconds........anyone got a brolly??

You ran out of ideas awhile ago.

Self-pity here doesn't work, nor make sense.

Go to bed mate.

Ben Stokes on 01:49 - Oct 10 with 880 viewsBluearmy71

Ben Stokes on 01:22 - Oct 10 by jeera

I am not a woman nor a victim of domestic abuse so you need to re evaluate your stance here.

Maybe stop making excuses for it though eh.

You can't excuse something that hasn't happened, there is no proof of any violence in that screen shot nor does it prove there isn't and until the whole video is been made available for viewing no one knows for sure!

That has been my stance all the way through, I have stated this many many times and am lost as to why you think it should change, is it cos no matter what you say I'm not going to agree with your opinion on that screen shot and you don't like it??

I never stated that you are a woman or a victim of domestic abuse, I said you are playing the victim here with regard to all your comments about how you need to learn and its just Joe and I etc etc, you are portraying yourself as a victim and that everyone is picking on you which is bullsh1t!!

My opinion of you is you are are a bullsh1t artist who wallows in self pity given every chance to do so who puts words in peoples mouths to try and make them look bad and twists everything around to suit and who thinks people shouldn't have an opinion, who throws accusations at people as he is not getting his own way again to make them appear in a bad light!

I suppose now you'd like to think you have upset me, the truth is you haven't......I f you like I can send you screen shot from a video where I'm peeling onions but as you won't see the onions you can pretend my tears are cos of you!
Ben Stokes on 03:10 - Oct 10 with 854 viewsjeera

Ben Stokes on 01:49 - Oct 10 by Bluearmy71

You can't excuse something that hasn't happened, there is no proof of any violence in that screen shot nor does it prove there isn't and until the whole video is been made available for viewing no one knows for sure!

That has been my stance all the way through, I have stated this many many times and am lost as to why you think it should change, is it cos no matter what you say I'm not going to agree with your opinion on that screen shot and you don't like it??

I never stated that you are a woman or a victim of domestic abuse, I said you are playing the victim here with regard to all your comments about how you need to learn and its just Joe and I etc etc, you are portraying yourself as a victim and that everyone is picking on you which is bullsh1t!!

My opinion of you is you are are a bullsh1t artist who wallows in self pity given every chance to do so who puts words in peoples mouths to try and make them look bad and twists everything around to suit and who thinks people shouldn't have an opinion, who throws accusations at people as he is not getting his own way again to make them appear in a bad light!

I suppose now you'd like to think you have upset me, the truth is you haven't......I f you like I can send you screen shot from a video where I'm peeling onions but as you won't see the onions you can pretend my tears are cos of you!

Not a word of that makes sense.

Just the ramblings of a fool.

Look, for your own benefit, so you understand:

The self-pity thing, it's called sarcasm. I have never in adult life had to point it out to anyone so maybe gave you too much credit. But it's not self-pity you plum. It's sarcasm.

I can't believe I've had to post this. You're trolling me, right.

Christ:

[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 3:13]

Ben Stokes on 04:36 - Oct 10 with 840 viewsBluearmy71

Ben Stokes on 03:10 - Oct 10 by jeera

Not a word of that makes sense.

Just the ramblings of a fool.

Look, for your own benefit, so you understand:

The self-pity thing, it's called sarcasm. I have never in adult life had to point it out to anyone so maybe gave you too much credit. But it's not self-pity you plum. It's sarcasm.

I can't believe I've had to post this. You're trolling me, right.

Christ:

[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 3:13]

Yep I'm a fool, I can live with that to be fair!

And if it helps I believe you!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024