Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... 03:57 - Sep 27 with 2037 viewsunstableblue

... in the commons and in the UN

HOW THE FECK HAS THE UK LOWERED ITSELF INTO THE MIRE OF FARAGE DICTATING OUR POLITICAL AGENDA, OUR VIABLE OPPOSITION BEING MARXISTS, AND OUR PRIME MINISTER BEING TOTALLY ECCENTRIC IN A REPUTATION DAMAGING CLUSTER FECK

We are a laughing stock
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 4:43]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 04:33 - Sep 27 with 2003 viewstextbackup

why is this sht in the football section? I don't post football in the general section, please respect those of us who don't want to see this gash

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 04:45 - Sep 27 with 1997 viewsunstableblue

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 04:33 - Sep 27 by textbackup

why is this sht in the football section? I don't post football in the general section, please respect those of us who don't want to see this gash

Moved to non football chat.... but to call my thread ‘sh!t’ sums up the apathy and ignorance....

Just watch this, WATCH IT

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 05:22 - Sep 27 with 1979 viewsOldsmoker

Unstableblue - If I gave you 10m dollars to go to Vegas, take your mates, stay at a fancy hotel and gamble it all away and don't worry about losing it all.
You could even pocket some of it for yourself.
Would you do it?
Well that's what Johnson is doing. It's Taxpayers money and other peoples futures and this guy doesn't give a damn. It's all a game to him.
There's a lot of the british public who think it's great that he's sticking it to the elite.
When they realise that he is part of the elite and he's played them for fools it'll be too late.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 05:27 - Sep 27 with 1971 viewstextbackup

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 04:45 - Sep 27 by unstableblue

Moved to non football chat.... but to call my thread ‘sh!t’ sums up the apathy and ignorance....

it is sht in my opinion. politics is of no interest to me. what will be will be, I cant change it, nor can you or the 800000 other posts/posters on here

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 07:14 - Sep 27 with 1889 viewsnoggin

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 05:27 - Sep 27 by textbackup

it is sht in my opinion. politics is of no interest to me. what will be will be, I cant change it, nor can you or the 800000 other posts/posters on here

FFS!

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 07:15 - Sep 27 with 1888 viewsgoperryrevs

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 04:45 - Sep 27 by unstableblue

The bit in the middle about the chickens reminded me of Partridge... you have secret giant sheds with 20ft chickens. They’re confused, they’re saying “why am I so massive?”
OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 07:27 - Sep 27 with 1866 viewsOldsmoker

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 07:15 - Sep 27 by goperryrevs

The bit in the middle about the chickens reminded me of Partridge... you have secret giant sheds with 20ft chickens. They’re confused, they’re saying “why am I so massive?”

Johnson doesn't quite get what being PM means.
As PM you can make sure the nasty things don't happen - you have the power.
Is he suggesting he hasn't taken back control?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 08:02 - Sep 27 with 1814 viewsBloomBlue

Politics is simply a reflection of society. There is huge anger out there and it's not going away. This country is built on aggression from the wars we've fought to giving the world football violence.

You have a far left which is targeting Jewish people you have a far right targeting Muslims and a central group who jump from one side to the other in the hope of being popular.

Social media has allowed everyone a voice but for every positive is a negative and it's also allowed everyone to be a faceless keyboard warrior. There is a hell of a lot of difference if you have to stand in front of people using your real name and give your opinion than standing behind a false name and a keyboard and giving in.

We also have the danger that vast numbers of people believe everything on the internet is the truth.

As i said that anger isn't going away and based on history if it's not stopped something extreme will rise to the top.
Login to get fewer ads

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 09:12 - Sep 27 with 1729 viewsnoggin

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 08:02 - Sep 27 by BloomBlue

Politics is simply a reflection of society. There is huge anger out there and it's not going away. This country is built on aggression from the wars we've fought to giving the world football violence.

You have a far left which is targeting Jewish people you have a far right targeting Muslims and a central group who jump from one side to the other in the hope of being popular.

Social media has allowed everyone a voice but for every positive is a negative and it's also allowed everyone to be a faceless keyboard warrior. There is a hell of a lot of difference if you have to stand in front of people using your real name and give your opinion than standing behind a false name and a keyboard and giving in.

We also have the danger that vast numbers of people believe everything on the internet is the truth.

As i said that anger isn't going away and based on history if it's not stopped something extreme will rise to the top.

I would say the far right are a much bigger danger to Jews.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 09:19 - Sep 27 with 1711 viewsNotSure

You should probably stop calling him Boris.
Can't think of a single other politician that we refer to by their first name only.
Especially when his first name is Alexander.

And I'm almost afraid to admit it on here but I watch that speech and it makes me smile. Trouble is I still think of him hosting have I got news for you!
OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 09:20 - Sep 27 with 1708 viewswkj

When a right wing poster goes in with ALL CAP OUTRAGE we tend to poke them for it... seems only fair that you receive the same reaction.

If you are that angry about it, take out that anger with some actual activism instead of simulating it online. To me, simulated outrage ruins any legitimacy that a post may or may not have.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 09:23 - Sep 27 with 1693 viewsStokieBlue

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 09:20 - Sep 27 by wkj

When a right wing poster goes in with ALL CAP OUTRAGE we tend to poke them for it... seems only fair that you receive the same reaction.

If you are that angry about it, take out that anger with some actual activism instead of simulating it online. To me, simulated outrage ruins any legitimacy that a post may or may not have.

Was just about to post this same sentiment.

Using capitals just detracts from the message and I find it intensely annoying. I will decide what should be emphasised in the post, not the poster.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 09:28 - Sep 27 with 1682 viewswkj

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 09:23 - Sep 27 by StokieBlue

Was just about to post this same sentiment.

Using capitals just detracts from the message and I find it intensely annoying. I will decide what should be emphasised in the post, not the poster.

SB

Indeed. I think it is a very delicate situation we find ourselves in, and it only gets worse the more and more anger that gets thrown around, simulated or otherwise. I am a firm believer that whilst politicians are engaged in toxic rhetoric around the globe, it is up to the citizen base to counter it with reason and thought and show that we don't like it rather than dancing to their tune, regardless of what point of view we hold.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 9:28]

Crybaby

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 09:30 - Sep 27 with 1672 viewstextbackup

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 07:14 - Sep 27 by noggin

FFS!

Problem?
Surely you can’t be angry I’d rather not waste my life talking about something I’ve no interest in?

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 09:31 - Sep 27 with 1669 viewsEpiphone

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 09:19 - Sep 27 by NotSure

Can't think of a single other politician that we refer to by their first name only.

And I'm almost afraid to admit it on here but I watch that speech and it makes me smile. Trouble is I still think of him hosting have I got news for you!

Yep,far more appropriate to just refer to him as The Johnson!

Warning NSFW!!!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=The%20Johnson

My abiding memory of the fool is dangling from a zip wire during the Olympics.

"Get me a rope"

[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 11:57]
OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 09:37 - Sep 27 with 1649 viewsHerbivore

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 08:02 - Sep 27 by BloomBlue

I don't agree with that first sentence. Certain politicians are whipping up anger deliberately and have been for some time. Aside from Farage, the ERG, and a few other randoms nobody at all was angry about our membership of the EU in 2016. The average man on the street wasn't bothered by it at all. It was consistently well down the list of the electorate's priorities. The campaign itself started to sow some of the division and anger but it's been massively ramped up since to the extent that people who never spoke about the EU four years ago now call it an 'Evil Empire' and consider our own elected MPs and impartial judiciary to be traitors and enemies of the people. That has been whipped up by the right via politicians and the press. Politics and its media wing shapes society, it doesn't merely reflect it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 11:09 - Sep 27 with 1578 viewsChurchman

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 09:19 - Sep 27 by NotSure

Actually, Jeremy Corbyn is often called Jeremy, especially by the adoring faithful. JC is used a lot by more neutral people. For Johnson I think BJ is pretty appropriate. I actually don’t like using first names on politicians or in fact anyone really, unless I know them. But then I am aged.
OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 11:11 - Sep 27 with 1567 viewswkj

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 11:09 - Sep 27 by Churchman

Actually, Jeremy Corbyn is often called Jeremy, especially by the adoring faithful. JC is used a lot by more neutral people. For Johnson I think BJ is pretty appropriate. I actually don’t like using first names on politicians or in fact anyone really, unless I know them. But then I am aged.

Thanks to my Sony Xperia being better at words than me, it seems Corbyn is actually Corncob, so I tend to stick with that now.

Crybaby

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 11:13 - Sep 27 with 1564 viewsSwansea_Blue

Disagree on that opening statement. Politicians aren't passive. We're seeing a political movement shape society for its own needs (has always been the way).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 11:42 - Sep 27 with 1519 viewsGlasgowBlue

OK - so I’ve been away travelling... and I’ve just watched Boris.... on 09:12 - Sep 27 by noggin

I would say the far right are a much bigger danger to Jews.

As Deborah Lipstadt recently said, from the right it’s violence. From the left it’s institutional. Neither has a good outcome for Jews.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024