Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield 10:37 - Sep 9 with 12308 viewsElderGrizzly

That will be a shock to the system for their fans in terms of style!
[Post edited 9 Sep 2019 10:39]
Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 11:26 - Sep 9 with 3150 viewsOwainG1992

I imagine this will be very good for them but bad for Lincoln.
It would be no surprise to see Lincoln fall rapidly down the league now.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 11:37 - Sep 9 with 3128 viewsGeoffSentence

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:40 - Sep 9 by Kieran_Knows

They have already rejected the Huddersfield job once though (literally last week).

Apparently it wasn't 'the right time'.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 11:39 - Sep 9 with 3123 viewsfactual_blue

Could this be the key that unlocks a brexit deal?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 11:57 - Sep 9 with 3107 viewsitfcjoe

They have adapted their style already this season, some real ball players in the midfield.

I had them in a BTTS at the weekend and when I checked at half time they had had over 70% of possession.

Smart guys, and whilst I was against it at the time, think we missed a trick in not going for them as they are going places.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 11:59 - Sep 9 with 3095 viewsOsborneOneNil

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 11:06 - Sep 9 by MrTown

If I am being brutally honest, I can't see many of the early runners sustaining the full campiagn.

I think it will be between Town & P'boro.

Yeah, I'm with you on that.
Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 12:19 - Sep 9 with 3072 viewsBrentwoodBlagger2

Danny Cowley denies speaking to Sheffield Wednesday last week and turning them down, contrary to Sheffield Wednesday's claims. Huddersfield play them on Sunday on Sky, which should be lively!
[Post edited 9 Sep 2019 12:21]
Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 12:24 - Sep 9 with 3051 viewsvilanovablue

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 11:17 - Sep 9 by wkj

I do not doubt they have the ability if they are given time to build an infrastructure. Huddersfield is a bit of a ticking time bomb financially though, so I don;t expect time to build will be part of their remit

I think Huddersfield are OK financially they didn't overspend in the premiership and banked the best part of £200 million plus parachute payments. Nobody on ridiculous money and sold a couple of players in the summer.
Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 12:28 - Sep 9 with 3048 viewsBryanPlug

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 12:24 - Sep 9 by vilanovablue

I think Huddersfield are OK financially they didn't overspend in the premiership and banked the best part of £200 million plus parachute payments. Nobody on ridiculous money and sold a couple of players in the summer.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 12:34 - Sep 9 with 3033 viewsSuperblue95

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 11:26 - Sep 9 by OwainG1992

I imagine this will be very good for them but bad for Lincoln.
It would be no surprise to see Lincoln fall rapidly down the league now.

Like Luton did after Jones left mid way through last season?

I never viewed Lincoln as serious promotion rivals like many on here do but I don’t see them falling rapidly if the Cowleys leave. Mid table beckons

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 12:39 - Sep 9 with 3024 viewsbritbiker

Never understand why so many on here slag them.off. They have been successful for many seasons with underated teams.

Surely the idea is for up and coming managers to try at a higher level. It may fail but statistically virtually all managers will fail eventually. Beats the usual merry go round of managers who had one off successes with other clubs and then make a living off of it for another ten years.
Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 12:41 - Sep 9 with 3021 viewsSuperblue95

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 12:39 - Sep 9 by britbiker

Never understand why so many on here slag them.off. They have been successful for many seasons with underated teams.

Surely the idea is for up and coming managers to try at a higher level. It may fail but statistically virtually all managers will fail eventually. Beats the usual merry go round of managers who had one off successes with other clubs and then make a living off of it for another ten years.

I think we’ve been put off going for the up and coming manager route for a few years

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 12:43 - Sep 9 with 3015 viewsKieran_Knows

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 12:39 - Sep 9 by britbiker

I think it was more the fact that we was looking to move away from the cr*p football that Mick was serving up, only to then look to appoint them when their style was just the same, although ever so slightly more progressive.

Good luck to them at Huddersfield though, lets see if they turn out like another Hurst/Jones or whether they can make a success of it.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 12:46 - Sep 9 with 3013 viewsMrTown

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 11:18 - Sep 9 by Dyland

Aren't Doncaster relatively strong? I'll be over the moon is we beat them on Saturday, and if we boss the game, especially with our woeful recent record after international breaks.

A strong start, having looked at their team it doesn't seem an overly strong squad, some indivduals talents.

Whether they go all season as strong as they are now who knows.

But likewise, I will be absolutely delighted if we beat them Saturday.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 12:58 - Sep 9 with 2986 viewsitfcjoe

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:45 - Sep 9 by wkj

Premature given they are riding the crest of the wave at Lincoln and are surpassing all expectations, yet again, in L1. I would have thought they would have been in for a shout at more lucrative opportunities than a Huddersfield (that seem like a sinking ship right now) if they saw the season out with Lincoln, particularly if they make the playoffs (or better)
[Post edited 9 Sep 2019 10:49]

Lincoln's ceiling is a lower end Championship team, at some point they need to make the jump as their stock isn't going to get any higher.

Championship team with the budget to compete at the top end, which Huddersfield are due to PPs, is the best they are going to get whenever they leave Lincoln

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 13:07 - Sep 9 with 2964 viewsitfc_bucks

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 12:34 - Sep 9 by Superblue95

Like Luton did after Jones left mid way through last season?

I never viewed Lincoln as serious promotion rivals like many on here do but I don’t see them falling rapidly if the Cowleys leave. Mid table beckons

I would imagine that, having spent a few years kicking about in Non-League, mid-table will do their fans quite nicely.
Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 13:26 - Sep 9 with 2930 viewsrunaround

If they end up going there it will be very interesting to see how they go there as tactically the way Huddersfield play seems very different to what Lincoln have been doing? If the move is a success then it will show that the Cowley’s Are not just one trick ponies
Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 14:24 - Sep 9 with 2864 viewsdirtyboy

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 12:58 - Sep 9 by itfcjoe

Lincoln's ceiling is a lower end Championship team, at some point they need to make the jump as their stock isn't going to get any higher.

Championship team with the budget to compete at the top end, which Huddersfield are due to PPs, is the best they are going to get whenever they leave Lincoln

Isn't Lincoln similar in size to Ipswich?

No reason they couldn't end up as big as or bigger than us.
Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 14:33 - Sep 9 with 2856 viewsGeoffSentence

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 14:24 - Sep 9 by dirtyboy

Isn't Lincoln similar in size to Ipswich?

No reason they couldn't end up as big as or bigger than us.

It is a fair bit smaller

City of Lincoln is C100,000
Borough of Ipswich C133,000

The respective built up areas are about 115,000 and 180,000 people

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 14:45 - Sep 9 with 2841 viewsdavblue

That budget will be cut at the end of the season quite drastically i would imagine. Im not sure it's a great career move for them from a football point of view.
Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 14:47 - Sep 9 with 2834 viewschicoazul

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 11:24 - Sep 9 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

There is a great deal of similarity between managing Ipswich a then-mid table Championship club and managing Huddersfield, a club who just spent 20m on a training complex and have 100m parachute payments in the bank, yes.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 14:53 - Sep 9 with 2824 viewsDanTheMan

This is pretty damn good news for us, unless Lincoln pull off a miracle and find a good replacement.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 14:53 - Sep 9 with 2824 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 14:45 - Sep 9 by davblue

That budget will be cut at the end of the season quite drastically i would imagine. Im not sure it's a great career move for them from a football point of view.

Have they been offered anything better? They are never going to get a premier league job so a team with PPs and a decent structure off the pitch is probably about right.
Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 14:55 - Sep 9 with 2818 viewsDyland

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 14:53 - Sep 9 by DanTheMan

This is pretty damn good news for us, unless Lincoln pull off a miracle and find a good replacement.

Paul Hurst may be looking for another job quite soon.

Oh you said a good replacement, sorry.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 14:58 - Sep 9 with 2801 viewsGeoffSentence

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 14:53 - Sep 9 by DanTheMan

Michael FLynn from Newport is their first choice, or that's what I am hearing down on the streets.

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 15:35 - Sep 9 with 2732 viewswkj

Lincoln's ceiling has been raised many times the last few seasons I am sure, it is far too simplistic to suggest they're going to be facing a brick wall whilst their growth has not shown any sign of slowing down yet.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024