Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most pointless Town away game you have been to 09:21 - Aug 29 with 7630 viewsHeathlander

I went to a SIMOD cup tie at Maine Road against Manchester City. It was played on a Saturday for some reason. I think the Town won and Milton scored.

I can't even remember what the SIMOD cup was all about.
Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:44 - Aug 29 with 3497 viewsGooders7592

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:40 - Aug 29 by TractorCam

59th second was the goal time, every Newcastle player touched the ball compared to our 0 touches and I arrived 5 minutes before kick off, was always going to go like that from that moment

Leon Best hitting the bar at 1-0 was the turning point!
Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:45 - Aug 29 with 3492 viewsBlueBadger

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:37 - Aug 29 by wkj

Because I feel like being an edge lord, most cup games of the last few seasons

Most pointless Town away game you have been to by BlueBadger 29 Aug 2019 9:27
Any match played after February last season?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:45 - Aug 29 with 3494 viewsMaySixth

December 16th 1989.

Hull City v Ipswich Town.

Went with a couple of mates on the train from London.

A large crate of cider was bought for the journey which we tucked in to as the train left the capital under slate grey skies.

On changing trains at Doncaster, we were told by a fella who looked part trainspotter/Yewtree candidate that the game was called off at Hull by the referee, Mr Flood.

Oh how we laughed as we got on the train to Hull - Mr Flood!

Oh how we didn't laugh as we got off the train at Hull Station to see a chalkboard announcing the game had been postponed.

We got back on the train and finished the cider.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:51 - Aug 29 with 3478 viewsgainsboroughblue

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:45 - Aug 29 by MaySixth

December 16th 1989.

Hull City v Ipswich Town.

Went with a couple of mates on the train from London.

A large crate of cider was bought for the journey which we tucked in to as the train left the capital under slate grey skies.

On changing trains at Doncaster, we were told by a fella who looked part trainspotter/Yewtree candidate that the game was called off at Hull by the referee, Mr Flood.

Oh how we laughed as we got on the train to Hull - Mr Flood!

Oh how we didn't laugh as we got off the train at Hull Station to see a chalkboard announcing the game had been postponed.

We got back on the train and finished the cider.

I was on an eastern national coach that turned back at Grantham services for that one.

When the game was finally played. We came back from 3 down to level, then lost 4-3 late on.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:52 - Aug 29 with 3474 viewstextbackup

Newcastle away, Coca Cola cup 3rd round, lost 4-1, darren bent score his first goal for us.

Sheepy came into away end and thanked the 250/300 Town fans there

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Reading at home, last season. (n/t) on 11:53 - Aug 29 with 3472 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 12:00 - Aug 29 with 3462 viewsPJH

Apart from the fact that is not an away game, has not been played yet and I have no intention of going I would say the game against Spurs 4th team next Tuesday.
Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 12:06 - Aug 29 with 3449 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Stoke away 1986/87 season. Travelled by train from Newcastle, where I was at the Poly, and got to Manchester no problem. Then started to snow... By the time I got to Stoke there was a foot of snow on the ground and the game was off - there were about 10 other Town fans there as far as I can remember.
Login to get fewer ads

Reading at home, last season. (n/t) on 12:06 - Aug 29 with 3450 viewsBlueBadger

Reading at home, last season. (n/t) on 11:53 - Aug 29 by Bloots

Lambo's most Improved Performance of the season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 12:20 - Aug 29 with 3441 viewsfactual_blue

It was about winning a trophy.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 12:32 - Aug 29 with 3415 viewstextbackup

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:30 - Aug 29 by yesjohn99

Peterborough away friendly in 2004 with texters.....it all ended in tears!!

Sure we lost the game

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 12:51 - Aug 29 with 3396 viewsIllinoisblue

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:51 - Aug 29 by gainsboroughblue

I was on an eastern national coach that turned back at Grantham services for that one.

When the game was finally played. We came back from 3 down to level, then lost 4-3 late on.

My annual reminder that game off due to waterlogged pitch and ref was Alan Flood. Oh how we laughed on the coach ride home from Grantham! No mobiles back then, how did the driver even know? Listening to Radio 2 I presume.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 13:16 - Aug 29 with 3374 viewsHalf_Idiot

THAT Lincoln game a few years back.
Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 13:19 - Aug 29 with 3369 viewsWD19

A reserve team game away at Upton Park. A friend of a friend was on the bench for us (but didn't get on). Davor Suker, aged 67, played on the wing for them.
Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 13:21 - Aug 29 with 3365 viewsSwansea_Blue

Also at Maine Road, when it was rained off after 20 minutes or so. We had a monsoon leading up to kick off and it was a surprise the game even started. Totally pointless.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 13:36 - Aug 29 with 3351 viewsRadlett_blue

I did watch our youth team put half a dozen or so goals past Southwold Town on the Common. Subsequently I think Southwold got themselves into a bit of a financial mess, from which they're recovering.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 14:05 - Aug 29 with 3330 viewsMaySixth

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 13:36 - Aug 29 by Radlett_blue

I did watch our youth team put half a dozen or so goals past Southwold Town on the Common. Subsequently I think Southwold got themselves into a bit of a financial mess, from which they're recovering.

I was watching some cricket at Southwold over the weekend - Graham Gooch was in attendance

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 16:48 - Aug 29 with 3292 viewsbluelagos

Did a couple of midlands preseason friendlies once.

Notts County away at Grantham Town. Also Rushden and Diamonds (or might have been Kettering Town).

Both would have been mid - late 90s.

Fiik why.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 18:55 - Aug 29 with 3234 viewsjudespiveyg

Forest away in 2017. Last game of the season, reserves like Samuel, Rowe and Moore all played, we lost compliantly to a team with something to play for, and depending on the result we could finish as high as 16th and as low as 16th.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 19:09 - Aug 29 with 3226 viewsNBVJohn

There was a Mickey Mouse cup game at Norwich ( in the early nineties or late eighties I think). It may have even been the Simod Cup, and in typical fashion Norwich were not expecting a decent away following. It wasn’t all ticket and thousands of Ipswich fans were locked out of a 3/4’s full ground where there was ample room.

That was pretty pointless.

As I recall, they were predictably unapologetic for the inconvenience they caused. Can’t remember the result.
Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 19:47 - Aug 29 with 3202 viewsgainsboroughblue

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 19:09 - Aug 29 by NBVJohn

There was a Mickey Mouse cup game at Norwich ( in the early nineties or late eighties I think). It may have even been the Simod Cup, and in typical fashion Norwich were not expecting a decent away following. It wasn’t all ticket and thousands of Ipswich fans were locked out of a 3/4’s full ground where there was ample room.

That was pretty pointless.

As I recall, they were predictably unapologetic for the inconvenience they caused. Can’t remember the result.

0-2 March 1991. I think it was the Zenith Data Cup by then.

I was one of the locked-outees.

I think the half-arsed apology for the cock up came in the form of £3 tickets to see the Hospital Cup match that summer.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 20:17 - Aug 29 with 3180 viewsNBVJohn

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 19:47 - Aug 29 by gainsboroughblue

0-2 March 1991. I think it was the Zenith Data Cup by then.

I was one of the locked-outees.

I think the half-arsed apology for the cock up came in the form of £3 tickets to see the Hospital Cup match that summer.

Thank you for filling in the blanks!

I lived in London at the time and was pretty irritated by the wasted journey. As I recall the pubs were on red alert for disaffected Town supporters and we couldn’t even get a pint.

I seem to remember just getting back on the train in the end.
Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 20:29 - Aug 29 with 3173 viewsMeadowlark

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:43 - Aug 29 by Gooders7592

I bet your walk up to the gods after 10 pints was more enjoyable than the game!

FC Bruges 4 Town 0, after being 3-0 up from the home leg! 1975
Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 10:49 - Aug 30 with 3048 viewsWeWereZombies

Most pointless Town away game you have been to on 11:38 - Aug 29 by Gooders7592

Newcastle away 2016 was very similar to that but thankfully it was a Saturday. We went 1-0 within 5 minutes I think as well.

You don't think that it was good to be part of five thousand Town fans making a decent noise to counter the fifty five thousand Geordies?

Despite the result I quite enjoyed that game as a football experience (never having been to St. James's Park before), we had seen a decent amount of Newcastle city centre before the game and probably the best Chinese meal I have ever had down the road from the ground afterwards.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024