Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing 15:40 - Jul 31 with 6817 viewsElderGrizzly

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:30 - Jul 31 with 2000 viewsWD19

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:11 - Jul 31 by BrixtonBlue

I've no idea why they can't take contactless payments at the turnstiles. It wouldn't be expensive - I've seen people at car boot sales taking payment that way FFS.

ITFC just seems to be so behind the times on everything.

What we need is an enterprising turnstile operator to set up their own iZettle account and just quietly let people in for £10 a pop.....
Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:31 - Jul 31 with 1997 viewschicoazul

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:28 - Jul 31 by Cheltenham_Blue

Not really. Theres a 9 million pound black hole in our budget. Not having to deal with all that cash will help toward that. Thats all this is about, likewise the postage on tickets.

Buy online the day before and self print, its not hard. I find it hard to believe that many people wake up on a Saturday morning and suddenly decide to go to the football, most people plan it in advance.

Things supporters cant expect at Ipswich because of the budget;
to pay cash for a ticket
to pay for food and drink contactless
to avoid queues for food and drink
to get away tickets in the post free of a "carriage charge"
enough staff in the shop
good football

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:34 - Jul 31 with 1989 viewsitfcjoe

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:11 - Jul 31 by BrixtonBlue

I've no idea why they can't take contactless payments at the turnstiles. It wouldn't be expensive - I've seen people at car boot sales taking payment that way FFS.

It's because everything is done on the absolute cheap - there is no investment to drive growth it is just cut, cut, cut.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:35 - Jul 31 with 1984 viewsbraveblue

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:41 - Jul 31 by Kieran_Knows

What's the issue? Not like people have to walk to Aberdeen to get a ticket.

Wait until you see the queues. Entertainment business makes it difficult to buy a ticket - brilliant!!
Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:36 - Jul 31 with 1984 viewsjonbull88

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:14 - Jul 31 by ElderGrizzly

Does it save that much? All cash handling (from a cost perspective) is centralised, so that isn’t really a reason.

I believe to actually cash cash in at the bank now is quite costly. It’s also a security risk as someone will have to walk round to actually pick up said cash.
Most of our fans..... on 16:37 - Jul 31 with 1977 viewsfactual_blue

Most of our fans..... on 16:20 - Jul 31 by artsbossbeard

We have food and drink free catering currently, it's simply a natural progression.

And last season's experiment in win-free football was a resounding success.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:39 - Jul 31 with 1977 viewsitfcjoe

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:28 - Jul 31 by Cheltenham_Blue

Not really. Theres a 9 million pound black hole in our budget. Not having to deal with all that cash will help toward that. Thats all this is about, likewise the postage on tickets.

Buy online the day before and self print, its not hard. I find it hard to believe that many people wake up on a Saturday morning and suddenly decide to go to the football, most people plan it in advance.

Plenty don't - if the weather is bad and a glut of local football fixtures get cancelled or golf courses shut.

It amazes me people are so blase towards things like this - as if it will make even a jot of difference to a '£9m black hole'. It's the equivalent to not flushing the toilet when you do a wee at night to save on your water bill

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:40 - Jul 31 with 1967 viewsBrixtonBlue

There may well be people who decide on the morning - due to circumstances changing (i.e. not having to work, wife able to have the kids, recovering from illness - there's all manner of reasons).

Also, some people don't have access to printers.

You're missing the point. ITFC should be making things easier for matchday walk-ups, not harder.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:46 - Jul 31 with 1941 viewsFixed_It

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:34 - Jul 31 by itfcjoe

It's because everything is done on the absolute cheap - there is no investment to drive growth it is just cut, cut, cut.

Surely relegation (and before that failure to get promoted) made cuts inevitable.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:52 - Jul 31 with 1916 viewschicoazul

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:46 - Jul 31 by Fixed_It

Surely relegation (and before that failure to get promoted) made cuts inevitable.

Why? Just this season alone we have a near 4m windfall coming in, but no, cant pay cash on turnstiles buh, sorry buh no pies, sorry buh we dont take contactless.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:53 - Jul 31 with 1906 viewsBrixtonBlue

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:34 - Jul 31 by itfcjoe

Indeed - and yet the fact that street food vendors and people at car boot sales can take card payments suggests it could still be done on the absolute cheap.

One card reader per stand would be enough - that's four card readers maths fans!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:53 - Jul 31 with 1906 viewsstrikalite

Really? I'm pi$$ed off about this, depending on work I have to decide late, with an hour and a half journey time is tight when I arrive, it was ideal just paying on the gate, now you know what'll happen, they'll be queues at the ticket office and I fecking hate queues at the best of times, may not effect most, but some will be put off by it..

So I now have to walk all the way round the other side of the ground only to then have to walk all the way back again, they'll have one idiot on the desk too you see..
Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 17:10 - Jul 31 with 1873 viewsArnieM

Why can’t the Club offer pay on the day ? Why does everything have to be ticket only?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 17:14 - Jul 31 with 1865 viewsSpruceMoose

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:53 - Jul 31 by BrixtonBlue

Indeed - and yet the fact that street food vendors and people at car boot sales can take card payments suggests it could still be done on the absolute cheap.

One card reader per stand would be enough - that's four card readers maths fans!

Some days it really does feel like the club is trolling us.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 17:49 - Jul 31 with 1841 viewscbower

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:45 - Jul 31 by itfcjoe

It's a bit unnecessary - when you see this at other grounds it's massive queues at the ticket office and no one at the turnstile.

Even if it was just one turnstile per stand where you can buy tickets it would be easier

Yep. Especially if they have a cut off time about 2.30pm like they had in the club shop on matchdays. Just absolute nonsense when we are seeking to attract support which most obviously starts on a casual basis.

bluescouser

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 17:59 - Jul 31 with 1827 viewsGuthrum

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:49 - Jul 31 by SitfcB

The Matchday Ticket Office will be open from 9am on Saturday matchdays and from 6.15pm for midweek evening matches and will deal with ticket sales, enquiries, upgrades and lost or forgotten season tickets for home supporters only.

Planet Blue will continue to sell tickets midweek and until 6.15pm for an evening match but not on a Saturday matchday.

Yes, I read that. But what time do they close on a Saturday afternoon? Doesn't say in the article. If 3pm, then fine. If 1.30 or even 2.30, then no good for anybody not in a position to get there well before the match (e.g. stuck in the traffic jam coming down from the A14).

Pretty sure the old ticket office used to close about 1.30.

Does make it possible to buy "on the gate" and go into the Fanzone, which is good.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 18:14 - Jul 31 with 1811 viewsPinewoodblue

When Phil headed his piece "no cash turnstiles" I was expecting turnstiles designated contactless payments only. Silly me.

There are also apparently changes to ground access for disabled supporters, was 't clear what changes were brung made nor why they were necessary.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 18:38 - Jul 31 with 1794 viewshaynes_toe1

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:28 - Jul 31 by artsbossbeard

#notproperfansthen

Its tongue in cheek but has a point. At our lowest point in any form of recent history and some genius at the club thinks now is a good time to make it more difficult for fans to get tickets?

People say 'be thankful we arent Bolton' but it appears that's only down to luck rather than any sense of ability.
Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 18:46 - Jul 31 with 1787 viewsstonojnr

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:36 - Jul 31 by jonbull88

I believe to actually cash cash in at the bank now is quite costly. It’s also a security risk as someone will have to walk round to actually pick up said cash.

well its sure lucky the club dont accept cash anywhere else in the ground then...
Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 18:48 - Jul 31 with 1782 viewsDanTheMan

Meanwhile I might know of a Norfolk club giving RCS a look at.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 19:39 - Jul 31 with 1752 viewsitfcjoe

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 18:48 - Jul 31 by DanTheMan

Meanwhile I might know of a Norfolk club giving RCS a look at.

What is RCS?

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 19:46 - Jul 31 with 1742 viewsStadiumofdark

Indeed.

Instead they wakeup on Saturday am, and sit in their PJs moaning on here
Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 19:48 - Jul 31 with 1739 viewsbraveblue

Still £9m. After the players released, the sell on fees, the loan moves?
Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 20:50 - Jul 31 with 1709 viewsMeadowlark

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:40 - Jul 31 by BrixtonBlue

There may well be people who decide on the morning - due to circumstances changing (i.e. not having to work, wife able to have the kids, recovering from illness - there's all manner of reasons).

Also, some people don't have access to printers.

You're missing the point. ITFC should be making things easier for matchday walk-ups, not harder.

This!
Everybody is different and for those who plan their matchday weeks in advance to criticise those that just decide to turn up on the day is absurd.
For supporters that live out of town (me) a likely scenario is to talk to your mates down the pub on a Friday night and see who's going. Some can, some cannot. Others won't know until the Saturday due to wife/kids/work/chores etc.
Matchday then usually involves getting to Ipswich, going down the pub, then rocking up to Portman Road about 2.45.
The new arrangement puts this whole process in jeopardy as there will be queues to get tickets and queues to get in, lengthening the access time beyond kick-off. Quite likely many will just say they can't be bothered.
You might say we should leave earlier, not go to the pub, print our tickets at home, but a lot of variables exist in the whole process and this new regime makes it very difficult for the regular "casual" supporter. It makes things much more difficult at a time when the club should be doing all in its power to get more people in.
Obviously, the club does not value us. We didn't buy a season ticket so we can get stuffed.
In this day and age surely they should have contactless card payments on the turnstiles. I know we're in Suffolk, but it's 2019 for crying out loud.
Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 21:00 - Jul 31 with 1700 viewsSwansea_Blue

Non issue. They’d rather people buy online anyway as it reduces costs and they can plan ahead.

Welcome to 2014.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024